Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) (21976 Views)

Please Help A Single Mother � / Forget Your Husband, I Lost Mine Too- Single Mother To Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Arsenate(m): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
A sea of tears on this thread. Just what women thrive on; victimhood. No sympathy from me though. I bet you ladies turned down a lot of good guys because they were boring, only to get burnt by sweet talking fuckerrrs. I also bet you will fall for the same kind of men if they show up in your lives again.

Goes without saying, when you start taking a little responsibility for your dumb decisions in life, sane folks might probably sympathise with you.

But for now, boo fuckkking hoo.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Graxie(f): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Alooone:
Mine is more or less of betrayal and man's imminent wickedness...
I got married to my husband in 2013 at the age of 22, then I was still in school... We ttcd for 2years before I gave birth to my daughter in 2015... In 2017 I got pregnant for my son and we packed into our new house (that's where all my problem started).... We had this neighbour that for no reason at all just hated me,...right from day one her complain about me has always been "u too dey pose".....its either you are posing with your husband or you are posing with your child or even your belle..... We nearly packed out because of them.... Shortly before I gave birth I had a dream in which I saw a cat enter into our bedroom and disappeared into my leg... The first attack happened 2weeks after I gave birth to my son then my mum came for omugwo... She was the one that took me to the hospital.... The doctor diagnosed "puperuim psychosis"...after then it has been one attack to the other... When it got to the extent that I have started talking to myself in public unknowingly... I had to run for my dear life... I packed a few of my belongings and RAN with my kids to my parent's house... Now you could ask where was my husband when all this was happening... My people instead of my husband to quench the fire he was busy adding petrol to it... He told whoever that cares to know how I was MAD... According to him he feels "deceived" and "cheated" as he feels my parents knew about my "sickness "before we got married but nobody told him about it. .. It turned to full physical and verbal abuse as he felt saddled with such a liability like me...everyday he reminded me how I was a "regret " to him and told my children how he was going to marry a new mother that will take care of them and was looking for every way possible to frustrate me out of the marriage , because He practically saw it as an "opportunity "
I'm currently staying with my parents and my prayer every day is God should give me the heart to forgive my husband....but it's not easy... Someone we ttcd together and I went through a lot for... as for my neighbour am still praying for her, my God will fight for me... Sometimes I feel like going diabolical cos all these is unfair... I come from a Good,decent Catholic home and prayerful .....just payed for my daughter's school fees (she is an ace student) and saving for my Masters because when I remember all I have passed it further motivates me to aim higher..
Still love my husband though... Sometimes I'm filled with hate for him other times I love him... As for the psychosis ALL the symptoms are gone.
Single motherhood is not what I will wish on my enemy... If you like let it be 500percent the man's fault there will always be a stigma associated with a divorcee....

It is well with you, we were told during antenatal that some women experience that after giving birth. Thank God you are alive and well. Please forgive all of them, that is where the main wholeness comes from. All the best sis.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by loveliveshere: 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Arsenate:
A sea of tears on this thread. Just what women thrive on; victimhood. No sympathy from me though. I bet you ladies turned down a lot of good guys because they were boring, only to get burnt by sweet talking fuckerrrs. I also bet you will fall for the same kind of men if they show up in your lives again.

Goes without saying, when you start taking a little responsibility for your dumb decisions in life, sane folks might probably sympathise with you.

Bleep off dear, no one needs your opinion here.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Arsenate:

Bitterness will eat the whole of your body, leaving your slimy eyes untouched angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CHoccolaTE: 2:52am On Dec 12, 2019
But seriously so many men are heartless beasts sha o, how can you be living life day to day knowing there Is a child out there that belongs to you and that you are neglecting? But you continue to still neglect that child?

How do you animals even sleep at night?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Ginaz(f): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Bitterness will eat the whole of your body, leaving your slimy eyes untouched angry

Do you want to turn him to a vampire? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by IyaTola: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2019
CHoccolaTE, Thank you ma'am.

5 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Solvik(f): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2019
God bless all good mothers, your labour on your children will not be in vain you will enjoy it in good health. To all the single mothers may the Lord heal you and give you reasons to keep smiling, it is well.

5 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CsRockefeller(m): 9:43am On Dec 12, 2019
Wow!!

I'm speechless shocked

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Winneygirl(f): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Thanks to everyone who shared their stories.
The world is just not balanced.
Men would impregnate a lady and walk away.
The lady will carry the responsibilities, struggles,pain,discrimination and 20 years later, the man will return and say he wants to be in the childs life, and society will still blame the woman if she refuses.
Society will tell her to forget everything.
Please, as parents, if your child impregnates a girl outside, it is part of your duty to ensure he takes responsibility for the child.
Let's raise responsible children... Please

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by yazga: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Becoming a single mum wasn’t my intention, I had dreams of how my wedding would look like, bedecked in all white frilly lace, adorned with the most dazzling smile ever while walking down the long isle to meet my Prince Charming... but, life happened. He was supposed to be the frog that would turn into my prince but unfortunately lies, deceit and the penchant to have a million other women pandering to his wandering phallus took precedence over all else.

I had my heart broken more times than my daughter could count in a space of two years, but I refused to wise up, I was in love you see and like most women in love, I believed that if I loved him right he’d realize I was the best and he’d eventually learn to love me too you are permitted to turn your nose in disgust. Did he change? Your guess is as good as mine. I went bankrupt investing in his life and supposed career. My salary was going to him and he in turn was giving my money to another girl with a massive behind that he truly loved. I saw all of these but I was too madly in love to talk sense into my stupid brain. My mum said I was bewitched. She prayed fire and brimstone on my behalf and maybe, just maybe her prayers finally worked.

One day after treating an infection, I packed my items in his house and hit the road. I was done!! Two months later I discovered I was pregnant. Funny right? All of two years I never got pregnant but when I decided to walk away, boom!!! Pregnancy hit. I called him to tell him and in his words ‘you have to take out that shit!’

Wow, I felt like I was hit with a sledge hammer. I was 19, working at the time. Of course I refused to have an abortion. He threatened me, cajoled me, begged me to no end but I stood my ground, I wasn’t having it. Eventually when he realized I wasn’t going to abort he let me be. My boss had to let me go because by then I was always sick, I couldn’t work, I was completely useless.

From that moment everything in my life spiraled downwards, it was one setback after the other. As a matter of fact it was a horrible year for me, getting to see food to eat was difficult, I had no savings, everything was invested in Mr. boyfriend’s musical career, because I had no food to eat I turned my lack into fasting, I’d fast from 6 to 6 and at the end of the day if I was lucky to see garri I’d soak and eat and if not I’d simply eat iceblook and sleep. I was only able to go to ante natal twice, I just couldn’t afford it. There were days I asked myself if I was doing the right thing by keeping the pregnancy? Was I been selfish? I could barely feed myself, how on God’s green earth was I supposed to cater for a child?

Anyways, common sense prevailed and I went on to have my baby. Because I couldn’t afford baby food I had to breastfeed my baby exclusively for 7 months. I got another job right after I weaned my daughter (on my bio she's 19yrs) and equally went back to school for a second degree. Life hasn’t been a bed of roses, I am not where I want to be but I am working towards getting there.

So to the question, will I travel that road again? My answer is a resounding YES!!! I’d walk through fire and a stream full of reptiles if I am certain that at the end of the day I’d be rewarded with my daughter again.

She is life, she is why I still breath and I can’t imagine what life would be without her, so yes, I’d go through all that pain over and over again just so I’d have her.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by phillippians(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Blazing12345:
Well, for me it just about man's inhumanity to man and I'm hoping God will see me through. Got married to an Igbo man and everything became a nightmare immediately after my third child.

My womb got ruptured when I was in my ninth month and my womb was removed though the baby survived and this man abandoned me in the hospital coupled with the fact that I gave birth to a girl, making it 2 girls and a boy.

My family rally round and paid my bills because it was through CS, came back home he has already moved out with my first two kids and denied me access to them,all along it's seem I wasn't observant enough to noticed he was keeping a mistress and planning something serious with her. Because he is living with her now.

I reached out to his family and they are like their brother needs more children and male kids which I can't give him now. So I should forget about him. So I became a single mum just like that,catering for the new born baby alone.

Well,my problem now is how to sue him for all the demages he has caused me and also retrieved the other two kids from him.Getting a competent lawyer will cost good money,which I'm still working towards it

This is my previous thread though about this

https://www.nairaland.com/4974754/how-go

CC PerfectMatchNG

I have no pity for most single mothers. They caused their ordeal. Why won't you be rejected when you will ignore responsible guys and be after looks and swag, how handsome he is, if he has pink lips or not, then go about spreading their legs apart for a an irresponsible fine boy who continue to enrich their pussies with his baby making fluids, women are too carried away with looks, ever ready to get down with "Ramsey Noah" looking kinda of kinds even though he has nothing in his bank account. Why won't he dissapointe you and run away, is it a fine boy who can barely Carter for his own needs what will add a baby mama and her child to his expenses? Fish-brain women, they think everything is all about LOVE LOVE LOVE until reality teach them money is more important!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CsRockefeller(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
phillippians:

I have no pity for most single mothers. They caused their ordeal. Why won't you be rejected when you will ignore responsible guys and be after looks and swag, how handsome he is, if he has pink lips or not, then go about spreading their legs apart for a an irresponsible fine boy who continue to enrich their pussies with his baby making fluids, women are too carried away with looks, ever ready to get down with "Ramsey Noah" looking kinda of kinds even though he has nothing in his bank account. Why won't he dissapointe you and run away, is it a fine boy who can barely Carter for his own needs what will add a baby mama and her child to his expenses? Fish-brain women, they think everything is all about LOVE LOVE LOVE until reality teach them money is more important!

I really don't blame them. With my interaction with the opposite sex since birth I've found out that they are too fickle, easily manipulated and too emotional.

Any gender that exhibits such is a receipe for disaster. Only few have the ability to scrutinize and rationalize things.

It makes me worry for my sisters and daughters if I would have one.

I know what I see everyday, it's a pity, many more will fall into this suituation.

5 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
What makes you think single mothers want your pity?
Are they suffering from incurable diseases that’s also called “having a child as result of sex”?

Some of you jackasses need to get over yourselves.

If you’ve ever had sex in your life with a woman who wasn’t your wife, you have at one point in time been at risk of making a woman a single mother.
So stfu and leave the thread for those it was made for. Sanctimonious

phillippians:

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by cococandy(f): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
Woman hate, misogyny, all kinds of degrading comments so easily fly off the fingers of some of you. And that’s normal. No biggie. Just another day.

In your mind now, there’s nothing wrong with this your obviously demeaning anti-woman post.

Watch you start frothing at the lips the moment someone gives you back half the insults that were so casually loaded in your post.
Instead of you to go find another thread to go do your usual things you’re here .
Ask yourself if you’re a single mom and what your post adds to this thread.

CsRockefeller:

I really don't blame them. With my interaction with the opposite sex since birth I've found out that they are too fickle, easily manipulated and too emotional.

Any gender that exhibits such is a receipe for disaster. Only few have the ability to scrutinize and rationalize things.

I know what I see everyday, it's a pity, many more will fall into this suituation.

17 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Arsenate(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
cococandy:
Woman hate, misogyny, all kinds of degrading comments so easily fly off the fingers of some of you. And that’s normal. No biggie. Just another day.

In your mind now, there’s nothing wrong with this your obviously demeaning anti-woman post.

Watch you start frothing at the lips the moment someone gives you back half the insults that were so casually loaded in your post.
Instead of you to go find another thread to go do your usual things you’re here .

You literally used the phrase "low substance pussy" to describe women of certain class the other day.

How do you really live with your two-faced self?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CsRockefeller(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
cococandy:

I'm sorry if my comments were inslultive to the female folks, I was just pouring out my observation.

It doesn't make it a fact/theory. Just my observations.

I appreciate and love the female gender so much.

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
CsRockefeller:

I'm sorry if my comments were inslultive to the female folks, I was just pouring out my observation.

It doesn't make it a fact/theory. Just my observations.

I appreciate and love the female gender so much.

Your observations are obviously limited.

But no worries

8 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Arsenate:

You literally used the phrase "low substance pussy" to describe women of certain class the other day.

How do you really live with your two-faced self?

Sorry for you if your facts come from trolls.

Edited. Yep never mind.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Blazing12345: 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
phillippians:

16 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Blazing12345: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=CsRockefeller post=84849934]

I know what I see everyday, it's a pity, many more will fall into this suituation.[/qu

Do you have a girlfriend, if you do then you are a big time hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CsRockefeller(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
Blazing12345

I'm not chastising anyone here, I empathize with what you all have gone through and are going through. I'm only saying that women should be more discerning, that's all.

I don't have a gf, never had sex, and if I should get one pregnant, I will be bold enough to accept what ever responsibility it brings, including marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by nlPoster: 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
I am quite sure I would have been a single mother if I had dared to have sex , being as scatterbrained as I am and considering the fact lots of people expected it too.

I did not have the courage to engage in casual premarital sex just for any number of reasons including the one I mentioned and I guess everyone I knew was also afraid to be the one in the impregnated somebody position. Everybody waiting for everyone else to start the trend. Even the males did not want to start it, I suppose we were mostly scared silly plus the fear of hell was very real back then I think.

So I really sympathize with single mothers and ladies looking for husbands these days when men insist they dont want to marry or stay married and say they cant find any woman who isnt like them. Unlike other countries where being a single lady is preferred by many women who dont want to deal with unstable natures of relationships, in Nigeria, there isn't much progressive fiscal structures to help the single ladies advance without a man (besides the woman's own family).

God should help all ladies because the basic thing is it's not easy being a woman, it's even harder being a Nigerian woman. Everybody is complaining, even mariage folks have their own challenges and envy the single ones.

One thing I'm looking for on the thread which I have not seen yet, is any poster saying it was their decision to be a single mother out of wedlock, or accepting any blame for it. All the blame seems to be on the baby daddies and exes, perhaps rightly so I guess. It's not always easy to understand what a single mother goes through from society et al and also to raise her baby. In fact, there are married women (I'd say a huge percentage of Nigerian women) who can even fit the bill for singlehood because they're practically in similar situations, so I'm sure they know that feeling.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by kaziblake(f): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Arsenate:

You should be ashamed of yourself and this comment

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Arsenate(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
kaziblake:
You should be ashamed of yourself and this comment
Yeah, I should be the one ashamed not those opening their legs for playboys.

Brilliant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Blazing12345: 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
Arsenate:
Yeah, I should be the one ashamed not those opening their legs for playboys.
Brilliant
Playboy's you say, so responsible guys don't still get ladies pregnant right??

6 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by ehiblessing(f): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
Am writing this so that the unmarried onces would learn, simply never settle for someone less.

I got married June 2013 thinking i just made the best decision never knew i had just made one of my life mistake,i was young and opened having gone through a rough breakup i decided to get married to my ex husband.

The first thing i noticed was that he tried seperating me from my family and friends, at first i didnt really mind. Less than 100 days after my marriage was when i received the first beating just because i filled the kettle so when it boils it pours on the ground. You see i took in immediately so i was always cold during the evenings but because my kettle was small i would want to fill it so i can use it. I had to report him to my aunty and the next day my aunty settled us. And from that day i became mind full of how i talk to him.

The next was when he was having a fight with his sister i tried seperating them i was hitting him to stop and he just turned around to start strangling me the mum and everybody was shouting for him to leave me but he refused till his mum fell on the floor that was when he removed his hand from my neck meanwhile i was still seven months pregnant and that was how it continued till i put to bed.

When my baby was 2months he beat me again and i had to leave the house for sometime he came begging and i accepted because i really wanted my marriage to work this was something i had put in my best,like there was nothing i just wanted than a peaceful home in all these my business was crumbling because he usually collects from my money from where i keep it i. all this i could not talk to anyone because all my family had left me to my faith he had insulted all and no one came to see me cos if they come he would insult them i was not allowed to go home to see my dad either.

2016 i got pregnant again hoping with another child he would become responsible but i was wrong it became worst, we didn't't talk all through my pregnancy he still beat me June 14 which was our marriage anniversary and i gave birth July 16th in all he gave me 4500 to buy baby things i struggled to make up for the rest so shame would not come,i still discharge myself i cant forget how he treated me when i was in labor or was it when i fainted at hone and i called him to come home and even when when he came he told me if that was why i called he home and left the house immediately only to come back 10pm.

Am not even going to talk about the cheating or the emotional abuse, if am eating insult i laugh too much self its insult. We dont talk, no sleeping on the same room, in short it was as if i was leaving alone and that's is why its easier for me now.Of a truth shame would not even allow me say the things i went through just because of that man, and finally october 23 2017 my birthday he beat me again and used my head to open our kitchen door and i told him one word i wont give you an opportunity to lay your hands on me again.

October 26th i finally parked out and since then the grace of God has never left me. It was not easy and its still not easy taking care of my kids, rent,schooling and the almighty feeding but am greatful to God that he his face has always shine on me he refused doing anything in his words i left with the children because i was capable. I even took him to welfare here yet nothing came out.

I have learnt to love and appreciate myself.
For my kids i wont trade them for anything but i wish i had stayed at home and count beans the day i met him.

P.s pardon my typo and errors

29 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by CsRockefeller(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
ehiblessing:
Am writing this so that the unmarried onces would learn, simply never settle for someone less.

I got married June 2013 thinking i just made the best decision never knew i had just made one of my life mistake,i was young and opened having gone through a rough breakup i decided to get married to my ex husband.

The first thing i noticed was that he tried seperating me from my family and friends, at first i didnt really mind. Less than 100 days after my marriage was when i received the first beating just because i filled the kettle so when it boils it pours on the ground. You see i took in immediately so i was always cold during the evenings but because my kettle was small i would want to fill it so i can use it. I had to report him to my aunty and the next day my aunty settled us. And from that day i became mind full of how i talk to him.

The next was when he was having a fight with his sister i tried seperating them i was hitting him to stop and he just turned around to start strangling me the mum and everybody was shouting for him to leave me but he refused till his mum fell on the floor that was when he removed his hand from my neck meanwhile i was still seven months pregnant and that was how it continued till i put to bed.

When my baby was 2months he beat me again and i had to leave the house for sometime he came begging and i accepted because i really wanted my marriage to work this was something i had put in my best,like there was nothing i just wanted than a peaceful home in all these my business was crumbling because he usually collects from my money from where i keep it i. all this i could not talk to anyone because all my family had left me to my faith he had insulted all and no one came to see me cos if they come he would insult them i was not allowed to go home to see my dad either.

2016 i got pregnant again hoping with another child he would become responsible but i was wrong it became worst, we didn't't talk all through my pregnancy he still beat me June 14 which was our marriage anniversary and i gave birth July 16th in all he gave me 4500 to buy baby things i struggled to make up for the rest so shame would not come,i still discharge myself i cant forget how he treated me when i was in labor or was it when i fainted at hone and i called him to come home and even when when he came he told me if that was why i called he home and left the house immediately only to come back 10pm.

Am not even going to talk about the cheating or the emotional abuse, if am eating insult i laugh too much self its insult. We dont talk, no sleeping on the same room, in short it was as if i was leaving alone and that's is why its easier for me now.Of a truth shame would not even allow me say the things i went through just because of that man, and finally october 23 2017 my birthday he beat me again and used my head to open our kitchen door and i told him one word i wont give you an opportunity to lay your hands on me again.

October 26th i finally parked out and since then the grace of God has never left me. It was not easy and its still not easy taking care of my kids, rent,schooling and the almighty feeding but am greatful to God that he his face has always shine on me he refused doing anything in his words i left with the children because i was capable. I even took him to welfare here yet nothing came out.

I have learnt to love and appreciate myself.
For my kids i wont trade them for anything but i wish i had stayed at home and count beans the day i met him.

P.s pardon my typo and errors

It's well with you.

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Winneygirl(f): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
Abuse in marriage...
I'm still trying to understand why/how that keeps happening. As a child of a broken home, I have seen this first hand and it is crazy.
Also, I have seen men who physically abuse their wives, and a number of them come from abusive homes too. Especially where the woman is asked to 'endure' for the sake of her kids.
But are the kids turning out any better?
How do we expect children of homes filled with hate, violence, and oppression to build loving homes?
How?
How??

18 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by AntiMCU: 4:16am On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Lefulefu come see as transgender dey compose story to win free money
grin grin grin
Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Ishilove: 4:27am On Dec 13, 2019
SteveOfu:
My dad refused me getting married to the love of my life then saying he is too old( 34yrs) and much exposed for my age .He was a personal assistant to Abia state Governor then. I was only 16 and felt I have arrived been fiancé to such person.He cherished me. Truthfully,he never touched me.

Few weeks after,,he traveled for business promising to convince my dad on his return. My father's refusal made me stubborn, I didn't want be around my home cos their over Christian life was making them see everything in another view,i cannot confide in my late mum without getting this look of you must be like a rev in this home. so i ran to my girlfriend's house. She was about 4yrs older than I was then but my body structure made us look like age mates. She convinced me to follow her to PH for her birthday party. Didn't know I was been arranged for her boyfriend's brother.
I was drunk ,first time anyways and he took advantage of me. By morning he was apologizing and professing love and wanting to date me... begged me to take him to my home I refused. I was confused,the love of my life is coming home the next week.how will I face him. I went home,my parents were angry with me but still didn't care to know how I feel, what I wanted but happy I came home alive.

Two weeks later I noticed I was pregnant,i opened up to my man and he said"mummy,do not ever ever tell anyone what happened,this child is mine and it's going to be reason your dad will let me marry you." We hide the pregnancy till it was 6 months,then he came again but my dad stubbornly turned him down again claiming my people don't give out a pregnant woman in marriage till I deliver.

After the delivery of my son whose birthday is today too ,my dad said he is free to marry me but without the boy. He made some underground plan to send us to his mum abroad if after talking to my dad with some relations and it didn't work out. He traveled to his village(Item) to get an uncle to help talk to my dad only for him to come back poisoned,he died two days after 6 months after,i got admission for a preliminary course in fedpoly campus. My parents took my child and I went back to school.avoided men like plague,finished my study then proceeded for my OND. After my OND finals, I went home for my aunty's burial,there I met my daughter's father. He tried everything for us to date and I refused then went ahead to tell him my story. He felt pity on me (so I thought Sha). He started visiting me in school more often, giving me listening ears and all that I lack from home.
I decided to give him a chance.

One month into the relationship, I took in, told him and he asked me to get an abortion because he is from my late aunty's compound,I ran to my cousin who is also his cousin and he called for a meeting. This guy who has been pestering me, traveling all the way from Abuja to Oko to see had the guts to tell everyone present that i am a good girl but he has a fiancé he wants to marry.
When asked the way forward, he said he will do what my people call "agbachaa afo ime"(no English na for it but a kinda way of he has nothing to do with the child and the amount for that was 20k then). I didn't know if I should start crying. I cursed him in tears.
My mum said her pain was she nursed this boy in question while babysitting her elder sister's children in that compound, his own mother pleaded with him to take me as his wife but he was adamant. My dad rejected the money,we left. He warned him never to smell our compound.

I had my daughter 29th January 2004 ,her dad had accident that day, shop burnt, container lost in the sea, the girl left him one month later for his friend then he ran back to me. Begged for marriage but no, not for me, all I did was lift the curse, out of joy he said he will never get married till I do and he kept the promise. My mum started pestering me to accept a suitor, to please her I did in 2013 and by 2016 the marriage ended.
So now,i am happily single.I don't ever want to get married.

This is how I became a single mum of 2 champions,though I will never let anyone I know go through it..
Wow...

4 Likes

Re: Single Mother Challenge. (SMC) by Nobody: 4:35am On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Lefulefu come see as transgender dey compose story to win free money
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers / Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.