Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? (96163 Views)

Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) / Re: What To Do When Snakes Bite You And There Is No Hospital Nearby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by adakoleagbenu: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
kachistone:
My uncle got bitten by a snake some time ago (I think 2008) in Abuja. Mind you, the snake bit him in front of a hospital here in Abuja. The snake was from a heap of death very close to the hospital.

He killed the snake and got to the hospital and called another relation of ours that he (my uncle) had been bitten by a snake.

This our relation told my uncle to come over to his place which is just a stone throw from the hospital. That the hospital will waste time as it was in the night.

My uncle was given lots of onions at our relations place and a black stone was placed where he was bitten. I was told the black stone was imported from Israel.

My uncle told me that he felt the poison leaving his body as the black stone was placed there.

My uncle is still alive till today. I'm not advertising the black stone but my uncle is in the sitting room as I am typing now.

I have not seen the black stone but this is a true life story.

Was actually waiting for someone to mention Black Stone.

when I was in boarding school which was of course surrounded by bushes as is d case in Nigeria, snake bites and scorpion sting were quite common . all these anti venom no dey available. A friend brought out the black stone in our presence when snake bit a hostel mate he told the guy not to move, he put the black stone on it and told us it was from Jerusalem. the black stone stuck on the guys leg, drawing the poison. it refused to remove until it drew all poison and fell down itself. the guy gradually felt better. the other guy now dipped the black stone in liquid milk to wash it. we saw the poison come out of the black stone, discolouring the milk water. that because the remedy for us

10 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by puregrace(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
kachistone:
My uncle got bitten by a snake some time ago (I think 2008) in Abuja. Mind you, the snake bit him in front of a hospital here in Abuja. The snake was from a heap of death very close to the hospital.

He killed the snake and got to the hospital and called another relation of ours that he (my uncle) had been bitten by a snake.

This our relation told my uncle to come over to his place which is just a stone throw from the hospital. That the hospital will waste time as it was in the night.

My uncle was given lots of onions at our relations place and a black stone was placed where he was bitten. I was told the black stone was imported from Israel.

My uncle told me that he felt the poison leaving his body as the black stone was placed there.

My uncle is still alive till today. I'm not advertising the black stone but my uncle is in the sitting room as I am typing now.

Ask your uncle what the black stone is
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Donald95(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
foolbuster:

Please stop spreading false info. This is serious, someone will actually read this thinking its true and might end up gulping kerosene.

Please dont drink kerosene under any circumstance snake bite or whatever it can kill you.

Thank you brother, do you know that I have already taken up the advice he/she gave. I thought it was real sef

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by hedonido: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
foolbuster:

Please stop spreading false info. This is serious, someone will actually read this thinking its true and might end up gulping kerosene.

Please dont drink kerosene under any circumstance snake bite or whatever it can kill you.
Well, kindly read the article below carefully (don't rush to respond) and then let me know what you think....

https://www.preciousorganics.com.au/pages/kerosene-a-universal-healer
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by bizhop01: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Do Nigeria hospitals had anti venom?

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by KayyDee: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
1 - Tightly tie the upper region and lower region of the bite wit a rope to reduce the venom flow into the blood stream...

2 - Cut open the bite areawit a knife or blade and try to such out d venom

3 - place a cut of onions on d region.

NB: Do all d above while rushing the victim to the hospital

Hello Friend, I'm not really totally countering your points, but I see that most of the things you suggested here, are simply against the advice of medical Doctors at WebMD.

See below for details:
Do not:
1. Cut a bite wound

2. Attempt to suck out venom

3. Apply tourniquet, ice, or water

4. Give the person alcohol or caffeinated
drinks or any other medications

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Voy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
1 - Tightly tie the upper region and lower region of the bite wit a rope to reduce the venom flow into the blood stream...

if e bite u for head nko?
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Irore: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Isokoboy:
B
Surprised no tangible advise with all the diverse tribes, traditions and culture in Nigeria. NL needs to repost this regularly so that people can make meaning contributions because I've also forgotten all I've heard about natural remedies for snake bite.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by 3kay945(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

Forget all you're reading here. 4 litres of palm oil or coconut water in the same qua tity immediately dilutes the entire blood stream making it impossible for the venom to flow freely throughout the blood system. Once the blood stream is diluted with palm oil for example, forget it. This buys the victim up to 2 days sef.

No matter the poison, don't forget this information ever

Like seriously? Have you tried it out before? If no then you can't be so sure.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Adalasy:

I am an alternative medicine practitioner in Ghana and treating venomous snake bites is easy with herbs.

You can use the following herbs

1) Acalypa indica Leaf paste applied over the bitten part or paste smeared on spot of bite 3 to 4 days of this would clear any venom of any snake and heal the puncture

2) Achyranthes aspera whole plant extract or root extract is given orally.

3) Aegle marmelos Decoction/extract (twice a day up to 5 days) of the leaves is given orally or root bark extract is administered internally for every 4 hours up to 3 days.

4) Alangium salvifolium About 15 g of bark, ground with 10 to 12 black peppers and mixed with 60 g animal fat, is given every 2 hours to cure snakebite. The Root bark decoction is given internally to treat.

5) Allium sativum Bulb is made into paste and given orally.

6) Andrographis echioides Nees Paste of whole plant is given orally with water. It is also applied externally.

7) Andrographis lineate Paste of leaves is applied externally. About 30 g of whole plant paste is directly administered orally.

8 ) Aristolochia bracteolate Leaves paste applied externally as well as infusion is taken orally.

9) Aristolochia indica Fresh roots are grounded along with rouwalfia serpentina mixed in water taken twice daily for 3 days. The Root powder is snuffed, root juice is given orally and root paste applied locally.

10) Aristolochia tagala root Crushed, mixed with water and drunk as well as fresh roots are grounded and applied externally on affected portion.

There are many more plants you can use and i cannot list them all but do note that the above handles any kind of venomous bite of any snake. Just make sure you apply them within a space of 5 to 10mins after the bite maximum. Also ensure you have a tourniquet tied above the place one has been bitten while preparing these herbs to avoid a speedy intravenous movement of the venom to essential organs.

All this ur Latin names, u ended up confusing me

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by 1stbest(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

Forget all you're reading here. 4 litres of palm oil or coconut water in the same qua tity immediately dilutes the entire blood stream making it impossible for the venom to flow freely throughout the blood system. Once the blood stream is diluted with palm oil for example, forget it. This buys the victim up to 2 days sef.

No matter the poison, don't forget this information ever
How could someone drink 4 liters of palm oil

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
3kay945:

Like seriously? Have you tried it out before? If no then you can't be so sure.

Best Industrial Chemist of my generation. Almost any poison. Palm oil. I can't explain it here the chemical properties why it does it works cause I don't have the time to type. But speak to your elderly ones at home they'll back it up
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by kay29000(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:

It stopped the venom from moving to the chest — that is where death happens. In some people with weak immune system, the venom moves fast, but those with strong immune system and stubbornness or resistance to things, it moves slowly and takes hours before it spreads. When it spreads, you'll puke and it's game over.

As a kid, I was too stubborn and do risky things. So, we went to grind cassava as night, back in the village, and there was no light.

Anyway, I have shared the full story before, even in one of my books, so I wouldn't want to spend time typing it again.

Okay. Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by kay29000(m): 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godhatesodomy:

Because they have huge brains and the part of the brain that is the main part is located in the back. I will investigate further to provide a visual explanation.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
1stbest:

To make palm oil drinkable its often mixed with sugar to improve digestion. Although, when push comes to shove, you'll drink it. Trust me. Not rushed. On the way to the hospice and while applying treatment. Not in a single gulp, but in bits and portions
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by kay29000(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
1stbest:

abi o. Even as much as I like Legend, I can never drink 4 litres of Legend, not to talk of palm oil.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by UnknownQueen(f): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Why will an adult drink kerosine just because someone said so on nairaland?

It is the same way people are told to drink urine when they convulse..
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by SIRKAY98(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
Virus99:

Oshey oshey Dr. Ben Carson grin
Haaaaa saas This one na doctor ben deadly ooooo
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by dawnomike(m): 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Thanks for the enlightenment... It is highly appreciated
KayyDee:

Hello Friend, I'm not really totally countering your points, but I see that most of the things you suggested here, are simply against the advice of medical Doctors at WebMD.

See below for details:
Do not:
1. Cut a bite wound

2. Attempt to suck out venom

3. Apply tourniquet, ice, or water

4. Give the person alcohol or caffeinated
drinks or any other medications

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by beejaay: 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

To make palm oil drinkable its often mixed with sugar to improve digestion. Although, when push comes to shove, you'll drink it. Trust me. Not rushed. On the way to the hospice and while applying treatment. Not in a single gulp, but in bits and portions

Mixed with charcoal especially.... They are both universal absorbent
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Zivaharry(m): 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
josh123:
Tie the affected part with rope and drink chilled water to slow the venom
very dangerous, please don't drink any water please, na dead straight away.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by olureignforever: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
kachistone:

The black stone also works for scorpion bite as it draw out the poison.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
beejaay:

Mixed with charcoal especially.... They are both universal absorbent

As Solvent Abrsobent I agree, but it won't extract venom from a mixture of liquid ( I. E blood and venom). In this case, palm oil will form protective cellular walls in the cells around both the venom and the body fluids drastically deprecating the venom power
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Ombudsdabomb: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
GeneralPula:

Calm down man!

Tho I’m not sure if Kero works for snake bike but there are some things kero can cure in the body!

I’ve drank kero well well myself.
So that makes you sure it cures things..... A na ma anu
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Ombudsdabomb: 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kevinsamba:
Gbogbonise is the key. It is a 100 disease cure
It's also an anti venom
It neutralizes
Both snake and scorpion venom
I use it, my family uses it too.
Did you read thro the story?
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
sayhi2certified:
Eat raw cassava to neutralize the venom.. I bought a boom from traditional healer.. Snake bit me, I did this, even my mum too... It works fine... Immediately you get bitten by a snake.. Fast and uproot any cassava close by.. Chew as fast as you can and use knife to scrape the particular place while you are chewing the casava

Well done. I hope you know 80% of cassava contain cyanoids and chemicals that are even twenty times more dangerous than snakes. Probably you ate an edible cassava but you came here to say eat just any cassava. I hope you know raw cassava is pure death wrapped in a tuber?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by foolbuster: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
iLegendd:

I replied you because you're fond of attacking people, yet you have less experience about life.

You doubt everything in life and you counter people too much, yet you know nothing. Is this caused by frustration or what?

Anyway, have a nice day.

Bye.

Lolz. Continue deceiving yourself. The truth is that you have a dark and vengeful soul. That is why you will still carry a grudge with someone you dont even know because you felt embarassed and was too proud to accept correction over something that happened over a year ago.

Continue trolling me oooo. I know you live on nairaland. Me i dont even have your time. Na your own bitterness go consume you las las. We go dey here. Let your head continue swelling. Bragart. Bye.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
IghravweIG:
Is the bitter kola stuff true?
Does it really pursue snake?

Lemme start buying and keepin it everywhere.

Bitter Kola is hated by snakes and even witches. That's why some elderly people always walk around with it, albeit secretly acting like they're just chewing it. It's either to chase snakes or witches

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

I'm about vomiting and loosing consciousness.
Ejor ewon omi so ju mi

*can't read further, close post
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by kachistone: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
adakoleagbenu:

Was actually waiting for someone to mention Black Stone.

when I was in boarding school which was of course surrounded by bushes as is d case in Nigeria, snake bites and scorpion sting were quite common . all these anti venom no dey available. A friend brought out the black stone in our presence when snake bit a hostel mate he told the guy not to move, he put the black stone on it and told us it was from Jerusalem. the black stone stuck on the guys leg, drawing the poison. it refused to remove until it drew all poison and fell down itself. the guy gradually felt better. the other guy now dipped the black stone in liquid milk to wash it. we saw the poison come out of the black stone, discolouring the milk water. that because the remedy for us

Everything you said is true. My uncle told me the stone got stuck to his leg while draining the poison out.

God really created things.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by urose93(f): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
stagger:

Total BS.

Best bet is to immobilize the limb and get medical help fast.

Please pardon my ignorance, how do we immobilize? Educate me please. Don't just understand what it means.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by theDEVILisHERE: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

@no 2

make sure your mouth is injury free b4 sucking out the poisons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / 11.6kg Skin Removed From The Body Of A Cosmetic Surgery Patient In Lagos (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.