Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? (96057 Views)

Snake Bites 2-year-old; Kid Bites Back, Killing It / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) / Re: What To Do When Snakes Bite You And There Is No Hospital Nearby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by GeneralPula: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ombudsdabomb:

So that makes you sure it cures things..... A na ma anu

Guess your a dummy!

Your instinct should tell you I wasn’t drinking it for refreshment! I drank it then to cure some certain things!
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by akan102: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
1 - Tightly tie the upper region and lower region of the bite wit a rope to reduce the venom flow into the blood stream...

2 - Cut open the bite areawit a knife or blade and try to such out d venom

3 - place a cut of onions on d region.

NB: Do all d above while rushing the victim to the hospital

What's the work of the onion, just a question thanks
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Obason22(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
Urine do slow down the reaction or drink green bottle of beer d alcohol inside it also quench d poison.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
When an hausa man was digging the well of my father house then,a snake bit him inside. He first killed the snake,brought it to the surface,went inside the bush beside the site and cut some leaves. He applied it and drank out of it. Suprisingly he went back inside the well. Anytime i remember that day i blame myself for not asking for the name of that leaf

6 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Enimoney3: 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Bitter kola can kill the venom...

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Did this nigga mentioned isi ala ngwa North where I'm the king.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by dawnomike(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
akan102:

What's the work of the onion, just a question thanks
It neutralizes venoms mildly...

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Adalasy: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

All this ur Latin names, u ended up confusing me

Google is your friend my dear. Not all alternative medicine practitioners are illiterate. I am well trained and well versed
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Adalasy: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Makavelli1:
When an hausa man was digging the well of my father house then,a snake bit him inside. He first killed the snake,brought it to the surface,went inside the bush beside the site and cut some leaves. He applied it and drank out of it. Suprisingly he went back inside the well. Anytime i remember that day i blame myself for not asking for the name of that leaf

Nature has provided all we need but ignorance makes many not exploit it. However, he may not have been bitten by a venomous snake even though he used the herb as a cure.

Not all snakes are venomous

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by ikorodureporta: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

Forget all you're reading here. 4 litres of palm oil or coconut water in the same qua tity immediately dilutes the entire blood stream making it impossible for the venom to flow freely throughout the blood system. Once the blood stream is diluted with palm oil for example, forget it. This buys the victim up to 2 days sef.

No matter the poison, don't forget this information ever
who go drink 4litres of palm oil? can u drink 4litres of water

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Am very sure that snake bite him then. He was rushing into the bush like he must get that leave early. And if you see that snake,my brother you go open mouth
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
ikorodureporta:

who go drink 4litres of palm oil? can u drink 4litres of water

I can't. But in that state. During the transit, time will be spent. During this transit, applying in bits will help. I helped a nearly dying person and assisted the doctors when I finally got him into an hospital applying same brilliance displayed here.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by babtoundey(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Adalasy:

Google is your friend my dear. Not all alternative medicine practitioners are illiterate. I am well trained and well versed

You don't just get what the person was insinuating. He wasn't saying you're an illiterate or you did a bad job.

Your explanation and suggestions were appropriate and very catchy but not comprehensible, at least not to a layman. You could have done better by giving the name majority of the people reading your comment can relate with instead of spelling out their botanical names. With that, you would have communicated your thought much more better.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by babtoundey(m): 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
My fear and hatred for snake and anything that crawls is justified. imagine one going through such painful exit because of one valueless creature. And some people still have guts to shout animal cruelty when they see a snake being cruelly smashed to.death.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by mrkings84(m): 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
As dangerous as snakes are, why did God create them in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by colestephan86: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
1 - Tightly tie the upper region and lower region of the bite wit a rope to reduce the venom flow into the blood stream...

Makre sure u have oil , groundnut, palm oil in your mouth while sucking it out

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Adalasy: 10:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
babtoundey:

You don't just get what the person was insinuating. He wasn't saying you're an illiterate or you did a bad job.

Your explanation and suggestions were appropriate and very catchy but not comprehensible, at least not to a layman. You could have done better by giving the name majority of the people reading your comment can relate with instead of spelling out their botanical names. With that, you would have communicated your thought much more better.

I am Ghanaian and the names i know them by are Ghanaian names and not Nigerian which was why i gave the botanical names. Anyone who wants to know the plant should just pick the botanical name, and search for it on google and see what the plant looks like. A lot of them are right in our neighbourhoods
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by sureboykris(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

These things you listed are wrong .

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Adalasy: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
mrkings84:
As dangerous as snakes are, why did God create them in the first place?

God created snakes with a benefit to man in mind. They can keep pests, such as rats and mice, in check. And some species of snakes that are harmless to people prey on poisonous snakes, reducing the chance of a deadly encounter. Snakes can be useful in controlling rat populations.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by jalonwins: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

nice, let me add, u can actually use ur mouth to suck out the venom from the bite site and the venom will have not effect on the person sucking it; this is because venoms are made up of proteins and when u suck the venom into your mouth, ur digestive enzymes will digest the venom thereby rendering it impotent.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by lovedayugo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
healthserve:

Forget all you're reading here. 4 litres of palm oil or coconut water in the same qua tity immediately dilutes the entire blood stream making it impossible for the venom to flow freely throughout the blood system. Once the blood stream is diluted with palm oil for example, forget it. This buys the victim up to 2 days sef.

No matter the poison, don't forget this information ever

I will never forget this info. Thanks
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Profayo: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Many false information posted, please check this link for the correct first aid https://www.nairaland.com/5587121/re-what-when-snakes-bite#85004819
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by drdanny(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

Pls do NOT do any of these as it will only worsen the situation. The only remedy is immediate anti-venom. If possible, kill the snake and take with u to the hospital for easy identification of the type of snake.
They should have rushed the poor boy to FMC Umuahia, which should have been easier to access rather than Aba.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by realalesh: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
OP,,it depends on the species of the snake...For example if you were bitten by a king cobra,,do not run I repeat don't run..the faster you run,,the faster the venom spread in your body...
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by mrkings84(m): 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
Adalasy:

God created snakes with a benefit to man in mind. They can keep pests, such as rats and mice, in check. And some species of snakes that are harmless to people prey on poisonous snakes, reducing the chance of a deadly encounter. Snakes can be useful in controlling rat populations.

Can't stop smiling over this reply, so what u saying is that, a dangerous, highly venomous and life threatening animal like snake was created by God to keep away peste as rats?

Does rat bite, if it does, does it bites kill someone?
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by healthserve(m): 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
lovedayugo:

I will never forget this info. Thanks

wink
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by drdanny(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
jalonwins:
nice, let me add, u can actually use ur mouth to suck out the venom from the bite site and the venom will have not effect on the person sucking it; this is because venoms are made up of proteins and when u suck the venom into your mouth, ur digestive enzymes will digest the venom thereby rendering it impotent.

Who told you this please? You will end up poisoning yourself if you suck out the venom. Moreover, the venom doesnt stay waiting. The human blood supply is constantly flowing and by the time the bite is delivered, the blood carrying the venom has left the area moving towards the heart.
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by 77up(m): 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
puregrace:
Ask your uncle what the black stone is
..to think I came across this so called back stone around area 3 in Abuja with some harb seller then , I underrated that stone hence I couldn't buy it .

Well, with different theory and argument here , the safest I think is to keep calm and rush victim to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by lovchalice(f): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
foolbuster:

Please stop spreading false info. This is serious, someone will actually read this thinking its true and might end up gulping kerosene.

Please dont drink kerosene under any circumstance snake bite or whatever it can kill you.
my dear it's not fake. Three tablespoon of kerosene can't kill anyone but will kill the venom quickly and stop it from spreading. Why not ask around. That's the first aid my cousin that is a professor at FUTO gave the mum when she was bitten by a snake. He is a research botanist. There was no swelling whatsoever
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by lovchalice(f): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
Virus99:

Oshey oshey Dr. Ben Carson grin
Yes Dr Thomas the apostle. Ask around, it's very effective
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by drdanny(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15647-snake-bites/management-and-treatment

You people should try to research more, read and stop spreading confabulated theories that don't work
Re: What To Do When Snake Bites You And There Is No Hospital Nearby? by Adalasy: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
mrkings84:

Can't stop smiling over this reply, so what u saying is that, a dangerous, highly venomous and life threatening animal like snake was created by God to keep away peste as rats?

Does rat bite, if it does, does it bites kill someone?

There is a specie of rat called the Crested rat that is venomous. Plus rats can be extremely harmful to humans if not more harmful than snakes.

Some of the diseases rats can transmit to humans are and not limited to;

HANTAVIRUS. Most commonly found in the white-footed mouse, cotton rat and rice rat, the Hantavirus is a potentially life-threatening disease that currently has no specific treatment, cure or vaccine. ...

LYMPHOCYTIC CHORIOMENINGITIS VIRUS (LCMV)

PLAGUE.

SALMONELLA. ...

RAT BITE FEVER. ...

TULAREMIA.

You have no idea how dangerous rats truly are.

People encounter snakes a lot fewer than they encounter rats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Man Bleeding To Death At Idi-Iroko Bridge Maryland Mall, Lagos (Photos) / 11.6kg Skin Removed From The Body Of A Cosmetic Surgery Patient In Lagos (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.