Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? (59434 Views)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Am So Tired I Want To Leave My Marriage What Should I Do / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

[s]Throw someone to the dogs means "to abandon someone to criticism and attack"

I think it is you men that are over analysing the statement as typical African men that see disrespect in idioms.[/s]
Keep shut and don't try to be smart by half.
Everyone with basic education knows what the expression means.

ImaIma1:
Your husband is the problem. He cannot throw you to the dogs (his sisters). He needs to protect you from their fangs. If he cannot condition how they treat you with the way he himself treats you, there's really nothing you can do.
But when you specified his sisters as the dogs with fangs in your comment, even a blind man could sense your intention.

So what are you trying to wriggle out of?

8 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Madam, everyone have duty in peace process, including WIVES! She should just play her own part

What do you mean interfere or have a say? This is one reason many wives will keep having problem!

A wife belongs to the family she is married into. You people always want to separate husbands from their families. Shame!

A woman marries into the family. However, it is only a man and wife that are joined together. If not, our siblings and parents can all come in and tell us how we should live, how many kids we should have, what schools our kids should attend, when to make love...

I am not saying we have to let go of family. I even call and chat my husband's family more than he does. Your marriage is really what you make it. And minimizing family interference in your decisions is very important.

14 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

And who are the dogs that attacks? Are they not evil people? Or do good people attack just like that?

And yes, your idiom is DISRESPECTFUL to the husband and SILs in every word of it.

You people use words anyhow and expect to have peace.

You remind me of a friend that I told "it's such a shame that I didn't see you yesterday ". And my guy said "shame on who". Chai!! cheesy cheesy. My African men I hail o

19 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by freecocoahubby(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Keep shut and don't try to be smart by half.
Everyone with basic education knows what the expression means.

But when you specified his sisters as the dogs with fangs in your comment, even a blind man could sense your intention.

So what are you trying to wriggle out of?

Lool.. she's implying dogs have "fangs".. I guess dogs are vampires now grin
@ImaIma1 you be oponu I swear.. Idi0t! Did you go to school at all?

4 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Maybe it will happen on Mars in the year of our lord 3000AD
Some are very friendly.
The worst is brothers in law.
Don't argue with me on this today.

8 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Prognose: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
I dunno o, I initially thought this was a relatively simple matter but you guys have dissected it and turned it upside down so tey una dey fight each other. This thread is hilarious grin

3 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
freecocoahubby:

Lool.. she's implying dogs have "fangs".. I guess dogs are vampires now grin
@ImaIma1 you be oponu I swear.. Idi0t! Did you go to school at all?
The SILs are both dogs and vampires na.. And the English prof is trying hard to defend her PhD from Otuoke Poly.

4 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Prognose: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
sassysure:

Some are very friendly.
Lol, sis this is a blatant LIE grin we all know sisters and mothers in law are the real trouble makers.

Don't start making up stories to prove your point pls. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

The wahala sef too much!

Wife will say the husband is not protecting her enough

Sisters will say their brother is ungrateful (since he got married) after all they did for him. They will narrate how he abandoned them since he got married!

Some mothers will say their son has changed towards them since he got married and complain of DIL's behavior.

Everybody want to tear the man!

I thank God for my family and our orientation! Thank God for my parents and and siblings!
No be small thing.
Some of these women will just position men in the middle of their wahala and be using you to do tug of war.

I dey always leave dem o.
Shey they want to fight and kill themselves, oya go ahead. Just don't involve me. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

A woman marries into the family. However, it is only a man and wife that are joined together. If not, our siblings and parents can all come in and tell us how we should live, how many kids we should have, what schools our kids should attend, when to make love...
What exactly is your point? How many family decide number of children and school children to attend for their brothers? The problem is that YOU WOMEN have problem when a man consult with his siblings (that he has always discussed issues with) on suggestion of best schools for his kids even when they have better knowledge. You prefer asking your friends instead!

I am not saying we have to let go of family. I even call and chat my husband's family more than he does. Your marriage is really what you make it. And minimizing family interference in your decisions is very important.
There is NOTHING like family interference. It is you and your kind that always want a man divorced from his family.

And spare me the sermon of you and your in-laws. I already have idea on the kind of in-law that you are.
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Prognose: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
@anifaza

I read somewhere where someone said u should put your phone on record, call all the sisters and sincerely apologise , then play the apologies to your husband. I go with that advice.

I'm not fooled into thinking your sisters in law are the only.villains here, I'm sure you've caused trouble for them as well even if u don't want to admit it. The truth of the matter is, if u want a healthy marriage, you have to learn to accommodate thier excesses. You too find a way to draw up boundaries where you will not tolerate nonsense if they cross it. Whatever you do, don't make your husband choose sides, it will always backfire on you. Have a heart to heart with him and hope for the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
sloo1:

You judge without hearing from the other party. That shows how matured you are, Mr. judge

Mr ITK ( I Too Know) can you comprehen the last statement in my comment.

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
sassysure:

Some are very friendly.
Brothers-in-law ke? cheesy

Anyway let me not argue with you like you commanded me kiss

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Brothers-in-law ke? cheesy

Anyway let me not argue with you like you commanded me kiss
tongue tongue cheesy
I hail o kiss

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

No be small thing.
Some of these women will just position men in the middle of their wahala and be using you to do tug of war.

I dey always leave dem o.
Shey they want to fight and kill themselves, oya go ahead. Just don't involve me. cheesy
grin

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Graxie(f): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
From your narrative, you started what you can't finish. Henceforth, avoid discussing anything relating to your in-laws around anyone including your husband. Be neutral. When they visit, welcome them and be neutral. Just face your kids, stop trying to please them, just be human around them. I don't know how your husband can actually starve you of your marital rites because of his sisters that are in their own world. It can be frustrating trying to be nice to people while they hate you, it only means they hate your husband. They are only pretending to love him because of his financial assistance. My dear be far and near. Use your head to balance it. Let them not hear from you concerning any contrary opinion. Moreso, stop bothering yourself with what he gives them, just make sure your end is secured.

18 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
Graxie:
From your narrative, you started what you can't finish. Henceforth, avoid discussing anything relating to your in-laws around anyone including your husband. Be neutral. When they visit, welcome them and be neutral. Just face your kids, stop trying to please them, just be human around them. I don't know how your husband can actually starve you of your marital rites because of his sisters that are in their own world. It can be frustrating trying to be nice to people while they hate you, it only means they hate your husband. They are only pretending to love him because of his financial assistance. My dear be far and near. Use your head to balance it. Let them not hear from you concerning any contrary opinion. Moreso, stop bothering yourself with what he gives them, just make sure your end is secured.
Brilliant!

2 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by jakandeola(m): 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

What's the difference? My husband's house is my house.
I respect u a lot dont let me get mad at u
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by jakandeola(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Shut your trap.
Who are you and what is your attention worth in ariaria market?

Do you call your own SILs dogs?
Simple question and you busy eating your shít.
be matured u can say ur point witout insult. I dont like how ur speaking to her pls.stop bro

6 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by bukatyne(f): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
Often times, single ladies do not properly understand their men before getting married.

They don't know his stance on issues concerning in-laws, finances, relationship of the marriage, culture (what it states and his stance), religion, job/career/purpose and then they start complaining when issues arise.

If you are married to a man who believes you are an addition to his nuclear family, he will treat you different and have different expectations from when he believes you both a building a new home which is an offshoot of the extended family. Some ladies now use husband first name - last name to denote that they are a small part of a larger clan.

When I say a husband is the second most important decision a woman would ever make, it sounds like I am dragging women back to the 10th century or anti-women or anti-feminist.

If all is well, I do not know how in-laws who are not in the same space have such a great influence on the couple.

Women, shine your eyes and use your sense.

9 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
sassysure:

grin
You laughing uh, you know it's what you people like to do. cheesy
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Saintmary(f): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
freecocoahubby:

This one too has put mouth grin

Frustrated femcel! Una no dey rest?

Always quick to comment on another woman's man because you have none of your own lipsrsealed
Men are not meant to be owned, no one is meant to be owned.

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Haven't you noticed that moniker is a renown slowpoke here, he always hyperventilates anytime he sees anything female, ignore him, sense is far from him.

Let him continue his wailing. When he's tired, he will quit.

4 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
jakandeola:
I respect u a lot dont let me get mad at u

I don't understand. So where is my house? I remember our vows ehn. You will just be mad for nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
jakandeola:
be matured u can say ur point witout insult. I dont like how ur speaking to her pls.stop bro
I don't like it either.
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
We officially have three rada rada wannabe men in the building, and counting cheesy the slow ones among them will assume i literally mean "building" grin same way they interpreted one above, they are almost shiiting their pants thinking they are right, smart and intelligent cheesy slow people everywhere grin grin

9 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
bukatyne:
Often times, single ladies do not properly understand their men before getting married.

They don't know his stance on issues concerning in-laws, finances, relationship of the marriage, culture (what it states and his stance), religion, job/career/purpose and then they start complaining when issues arise.

If you are married to a man who believes you are an addition to his nuclear family, he will treat you different and have different expectations from when he believes you both a building a new home which is an offshoot of the extended family. Some ladies now use husband first name - last name to denote that they are a small part of a larger clan.

When I say a husband is the second most important decision a woman would ever make, it sounds like I am dragging women back to the 10th century or anti-women or anti-feminist.

If all is well, I do not know how in-laws who are not in the same space have such a great influence on the couple.

Women, shine your eyes and use your sense.

Good advice, but some will still not hear, they'd rather marry anything in order to answer "Mrs" like there is an everlasting award attached to it.

5 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by jakandeola(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

I don't understand. So where is my house? I remember our vows ehn. You will just be mad for nothing.
dont mistake my word pls. is dis attitude DAT cause problem in a family. so bossy.we know it is ur own but dont put it DAT way please.ur hubby can still sell his house or do wat he want wit it without ur permission. DAT house belong to ur baby more Dan u
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

[s]Let him continue his wailing. When he's tired, he will quit.[/s]
Wailing on top your own lack of finesse in the way you refer to women like yourself? "Dogs (his sisters) with fangs", and you were actually trying to defend it... Lmao cheesy

You must be joking.

4 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

Stop replying them, they ain't worth the attention.

2 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by jakandeola(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
I got lot of property will build my house soon but nothing can ever make me put my wife name.were am sweating my mum sacrifice a lot yet one woman will claim it later.a woman DAT can cheat.my baby comes first. imalma. u cant tell me to forget family cos am married

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Making A Family :::: Its For U / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.