Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? (59378 Views)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Am So Tired I Want To Leave My Marriage What Should I Do / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by amaks: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
Anifaza:
Please pardon me for using a new moniker as I am quite known here.

Friends and family, I really need your sincere and matured input on this matter.

I have been married for over 10 years with 4 kids. My hubby is a great guy save for this area that we will never agree.

I have sisters-in-law who have vowed never to give me peace despite all my efforts to give peace a chance.  Most of them are all older than him and sort of influences his decision that affects my marriage greatly.

From the beginning, it has been if I am in their good books, my marriage will work and I will be happy, then if not, reverse will be the case.

My husband has refused to see all their manipulations and always tell me that he grew up with them and so he is indebted to them. I have never tried to cause a separation between them but they usually see me as an intruder to their unity.

For these 10 years plus, it has always been the issue,  I have begged, used gifts,  apologised ,sought for forgiveness from them  for sins I have not committed just for peace to reign yet, the next problem will be bigger than the previous.

Some are married while some are not. The worst that affect me most is the married ones with children.

Now, they all don't talk to me and this is affecting my marriage. Hubby gives me cold shoulders, no sex asking me to mend the relationship with his sisters  of which I am fed up with the whole thing and I don't want to beg again.
   My mind is made up that everyone should stay on their own. Hubby is the only male, seems to be the only one doing well  and parents are no more
  Please what do I do?

Mods front page please for more inputs.

Hello dear, you're still speaking vaguely. What exactly is the issue, the problems, in the marriage. Whats the cause and source of conflict?

2 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

Lol. You caught her hidden meanings neatly.
Women are their own problem.

Mothers against daughters
Mother in-laws against Daughter in-laws
Wife against Sister in-laws

They are always in competition for man's attention and in conflict with each other. They must learn to live in harmony!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by PeacenLove2: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
Anifaza:

Op, you need to give yourself rest of mind o. Very important. It may be hard but you must stop stressing.

Not everybody will like you and there is nothing you can do about it. Some have already made up their minds they will make your life miserable but that's only if you keep giving them the power. Focus on your family. Do the best you can without expecting any appreciation from your in laws. If your husband keeps insisting you need to make ammends, maybe he can help you do it. Ask him for inputs as well. Have discussions about the wrongs they keep accusing you of, maybe someone is missing something.

And as for family members living with couples, intentions from both ends may be good but 99% of the time, it doesnt end well. Even between nice people .... it's just wrong, not fair to either party especially you.

I don't know you folks very well, no one is perfect, I'm sure you must have taken laws into your own hands sometimes but it looks like your in laws are MEAN people and I feel your hubby is overwhelmed and desperate for calm. At least he did ask one of your sisters to leave. But he is outnumbered from the other end, only if he could see that you and your children deserve better. If he can put his feet on the ground more without doubting himself everyone wil adjust and learn to respect each other.

6 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

They are always in competition for man's attention and in conflict with each other. They must learn to live in harmony!

Who wants to share his personal ATM card?

3 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
dawnomike:
I understand what you're going through dear. But please, If begging will save your marriage- please beg.
You are not a foolish wife, you're just been wise!
At the long run, you, your children and husband is all that matters. Others are extended family members.

NB:Your husband ought to protect you but sonce he in not doing that kindly play the fool for the sake of your children and to keep the love of the man you care so much about.

#Myopinion

Play the fool for how long?

I have a problem with this kind of advice that encourages the man to keep slacking in his responsibilities while the wife is left with "keeping the home together ". It takes two to tango. Both have a responsibility to their marriage.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Your husband is the problem. He cannot throw you to the dogs (his sisters). He needs to protect you from their fangs. If he cannot condition how they treat you with the way he himself treats you, there's really nothing you can do.

12 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by sexymoma(f): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Are you living with them?
Do they come to your on house on regular basis?
Do you have any business to do with them apart from Greet and pass? angry

2 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank God you married a GREAT GUY

This is a generic term used by women when their bid to separate in-laws from their husbands failed them.

The older sisters are your own older sisters too. You have to be in their good book at all times as long as it isn't against your legitimate interest. As long as they are not telling you to do overboard

There is no manipulation whatsoever. It is you trying to separate your husband from his sisters. As a wife, you have to accept your in-laws as yours and live in peace with them as long as they aren't perpetuating evil against your interest. Your husband has lived with them for MANY years before he met you. He knows them better than you do. You have to find way to sort it with them than try to make him see reason to separate from them.

What transpired among you in the 10 years? What is the recurring issue?

This is irrelevant to the subject

I'd do same if I was your hubby! There is no way you can claim to love hubby without showing same love and respect to his BLOOD!

Your mind has always been made up and you are done pretending! His elder siblings are all he has and you must take them.likewise

Go and make peace with your in-laws and stop creating this arrogance.

Do know that you will never enjoy hubby as long as you are warring with his blood!

If you like take the advice of all these frustrated, angry, bitter and aggressive feminists, and male she-men, NA YOU SABI

You won't understand this. You are the brother in this situation and nothing your sisters do will be seen as bad.

The Op's husband needs to balance the relationship from both sides. His sisters will treat his wife the way he treats her. When a wife comes into a family, some family members tend to see her as an intruder that has come to disrupt their family. It is the husband's job to integrate her into the family and protect her when necessary.

I am saying this from what I have seen. I have three SILs and my Older sister has 4 SILs but no issues. Everyone knows their boundaries. You cannot come into my house and assert authority and I won't go into yours to do same.

Family members are not meant to interfere or have a say in their son's/daughter's marriage.

20 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
Anifaza:
Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate. It all started in my ist year of marriage when I had my baby and still in school. My mum came to look after baby and few months later, I took in again of which I left baby with mum while I continued schooling.
They accused my hubby of allowing my mother to be the only one taking care of baby and not them. That in their tradition, mothers of wife have no say and influence in family affairs. This was a major issue and still is. While in my culture, nothing of such as we see nothing wrong here. They disrespect my mother till date because of this. I have caught one twice giving my mother bad eye.
2ndly, a distant relative came with high risk pregnancy with fibroid and I asked she comes to seek medical help and go back, when she came, it was war in my house that it is forbidden in their culture for a pregnant woman to come to another man's house which she's not pregnant for. She later left but loads of issues after this.
My in-laws come anytime even with their children .Every other week and weekend is in my house.
My husband will not take us out unless they are around.
Hubby's lil sis but older than me lived with me for 5 years and that's where the whole wahala persisted with her giving information. I began to see their collaboration through her and frustrated me to the very letter.
We had a fight and hubby asked her to leave. They all ganged up not to talk to me or hubby again which hubby is feeling alienated.
Hubby said his position is threatened in his family and I am the cause. I took care of his older sister who had complication in her surgery for 6 months in my house, non of them came to visit her in my house nor call me. Rather , She got well and told others that I didn't give her food that was why when one called her and she said she was in a restaurant to eat. Hubby and I had issue on this.
I am so fed up . I work and I contribute significantly in the family.
They see me as the one who eats their brother's money alone.
Hubby takes great financial care of them. I am just tired.
What I see here is the usual woman against woman issues that abound in extended families which force the men to choose sides - wife always on one side and MIL/SILs on the other, every damn time. I have seen too many of situations like this, even experienced it.
If women could just get along, a lot of families will hardly have any problems.

There's honestly no way your husband will intervene without offending one party, so that's simply out of it. If he knew any better, he would recuse himself from the situation altogether due to conflict of interests - this will be hard but that is what I would do. Peace of mind is hugely more important than being a perfect husband to you or a perfect brother to his sisters.

If he still listens to you, tell him this:
He must tell his sisters never to report you to him henceforth, also they should never challenge you out of respect for him. At the same time, you also must never report his sisters to him or challenge them. I put that in bold because you certainly have something to do with the current situation of things whether you care to admit it or not.
Any issues you have with your SILs should be dealt with by you and them ONLY without your husband as a mediator - no such thing as go and tell your sisters, or go and tell your wife. You women have still not learned in 2019 not to put men in the middle of issues you started between yourselves especially when it involves family.

Like I noted earlier however, if he knew any better, recusing himself is the standard he should have set from the beginning. I have come to realize that when women are fighting and they notice that the man who is supposed to be in the middle quenching the flames does not care whether they kill themselves, they quickly get sense and start behaving properly.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:
Your husband is the problem. He cannot throw you to the dogs (his sisters). He needs to protect you from their fangs. If he cannot condition how they treat you with the way he himself treats you, there's really nothing you can do.
Is this what you call your own sisters-in-law? Dogs?
You people will call your SILs 'dog', call your MILs 'witch', call your female friends 'fake' - all of them, women just like you...and you still walk around thinking you lots don't have serious social problems with your own selves.

You should be very proud.
Nonsense.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
Give specific examples
Anifaza:
Please pardon me for using a new moniker as I am quite known here.

Friends and family, I really need your sincere and matured input on this matter.

I have been married for over 10 years with 4 kids. My hubby is a great guy save for this area that we will never agree.

I have sisters-in-law who have vowed never to give me peace despite all my efforts to give peace a chance.  Most of them are all older than him and sort of influences his decision that affects my marriage greatly.

From the beginning, it has been if I am in their good books, my marriage will work and I will be happy, then if not, reverse will be the case.

My husband has refused to see all their manipulations and always tell me that he grew up with them and so he is indebted to them. I have never tried to cause a separation between them but they usually see me as an intruder to their unity.

For these 10 years plus, it has always been the issue,  I have begged, used gifts,  apologised ,sought for forgiveness from them  for sins I have not committed just for peace to reign yet, the next problem will be bigger than the previous.

Some are married while some are not. The worst that affect me most is the married ones with children.

Now, they all don't talk to me and this is affecting my marriage. Hubby gives me cold shoulders, no sex asking me to mend the relationship with his sisters  of which I am fed up with the whole thing and I don't want to beg again.
   My mind is made up that everyone should stay on their own. Hubby is the only male, seems to be the only one doing well  and parents are no more
  Please what do I do?

Mods front page please for more inputs.
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
Vyolet:
They are coming back, interesting times ahead on family session, still expecting others. cheesy
grin
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by sloo1: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
MEGA4BILLION:
Y[s]our husband is still immature to be the man of the family. The problem isn't you but your husband, he is not incharge of his family. For a better advice, can you highlight some of these problems between you and your sisters-in-laws.[/s]

You judge without hearing from the other party. That shows how matured you are, Mr. judge

3 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by jakandeola(m): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

You won't understand this. You are the brother in this situation and nothing your sisters do will be seen as bad.

The Op's husband needs to balance the relationship from both sides. His sisters will treat his wife the way he treats her. When a wife comes into a family, some family members tend to see her as an I trader that has come to disrupt their family. It is the husband's job to integrate her into the family and protect her when necessary.

I am saying this from what I have seen. I have three SILs and my Older sister has 4 SILs but no issues. Everyone knows their boundaries. You cannot come into my house and assert authority and I won't go into yours to do same.

Family members are not meant to interfere or have a say in their son's/daughter's marriage.
ur house or ur hubby house

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
shocked
Anifaza:
Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate. It all started in my ist year of marriage when I had my baby and still in school. My mum came to look after baby and few months later, I took in again of which I left baby with mum while I continued schooling.
They accused my hubby of allowing my mother to be the only one taking care of baby and not them. That in their tradition, mothers of wife have no say and influence in family affairs. This was a major issue and still is. While in my culture, nothing of such as we see nothing wrong here. They disrespect my mother till date because of this. I have caught one twice giving my mother bad eye.
2ndly, a distant relative came with high risk pregnancy with fibroid and I asked she comes to seek medical help and go back, when she came, it was war in my house that it is forbidden in their culture for a pregnant woman to come to another man's house which she's not pregnant for. She later left but loads of issues after this.
My in-laws come anytime even with their children .Every other week and weekend is in my house.
My husband will not take us out unless they are around.
Hubby's lil sis but older than me lived with me for 5 years and that's where the whole wahala persisted with her giving information. I began to see their collaboration through her and frustrated me to the very letter.
We had a fight and hubby asked her to leave. They all ganged up not to talk to me or hubby again which hubby is feeling alienated.
Hubby said his position is threatened in his family and I am the cause. I took care of his older sister who had complication in her surgery for 6 months in my house, non of them came to visit her in my house nor call me. Rather , She got well and told others that I didn't give her food that was why when one called her and she said she was in a restaurant to eat. Hubby and I had issue on this.
I am so fed up . I work and I contribute significantly in the family.
They see me as the one who eats their brother's money alone.
Hubby takes great financial care of them. I am just tired.

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Is this what you call your own sisters-in-law? Dogs?
You people will call your SILs 'dog', call your MILs 'witch', call your female friends 'fake' - all of them, women just like you...and you still walk around thinking you lots don't have serious social problems with your own selves.

You should be very proud.
Nonsense.

I see you don't know anything about idiomatic expressions.

Google the phrase "throw someone to the dogs" and tell me if it has anything to do with someone being a dog

25 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
jakandeola:
ur house or ur hubby house

What's the difference? My husband's house is my house.

17 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
The mistake she made was that she should have started early to ascertain her right and respect.

When u u want to please and belong, this is how it usually end.
Also the husband isn't that smart. He should be seen in public eyes as neutral. Don't entertain shit.
Council and admonish them separately.
By the way, why can't they leave them alone.
Very jealous people.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
In-law living with you for 5 years? Why? School? Job?Something planned and hoped to achieve in that time frame? That could not have been achieved elsewhere except from you and your husband’s house?
Hopefully it was. Otherwise I can’t wrap my head around it.

As for all the other issues , they are honestly irrelevant in my opinion. If they didn’t want your mom to help you with your kids while you were going to school, did they offer to help? And what was your response?

If that part is true about your SIL recovering in your house after surgery for 6 whole months and still have the nerves to bad-mouth you to her siblings, then she’s a very ungrateful person and I can only hope someone pays her back in her own coin.

Henceforth keep a cordial relationship that doesn’t over step into deep personal boundaries.

If you guys run a home model where you don’t have a say about who comes to your house and how long they get to visit for, it might be time to revisit the drawing board. Your relationship with your own siblings can survive some kinds of misunderstandings but don’t expect it to be the same with folks you didn’t grow up with. Hence the need to avoid even creating the situation where such happens frequently.

Obviously the begging and bla bla is not working. So stop it. You fuel peoples egos and they end up thinking they should decide how your life works.
People respect those who exhibit healthy self esteem. Or at the very least they avoid trying to control them because they will meet resistance.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by cococandy(f): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Like you read my mind. I posted my comment and then saw yours.

Beg for forgiveness when you’ve done something wrong and mean it. Otherwise leave them be. They will get tired of being mad for nothing
sassysure:
The mistake she made was that she should have started early to ascertain her right and respect.

When u u want to please and belong, this is how it usually end.
Also the husband isn't that smart. He should be seen in public eyes as neutral. Don't entertain shit.
Council and admonish them separately.
By the way, why can't they leave them alone.
Very jealous people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Rada Rada.

11 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

The Op's husband needs to balance the relationship from both sides. His sisters will treat his wife the way he treats her. When a wife comes into a family, some family members tend to see her as an intruder that has come to disrupt their family. It is the husband's job to integrate her into the family and protect her when necessary.

I am saying this from what I have seen. I have three SILs and my Older sister has 4 SILs but no issues. Everyone knows their boundaries. You cannot come into my house and assert authority and I won't go into yours to do same
Madam, everyone have duty in peace process, including WIVES! She should just play her own part

What do you mean interfere or have a say? This is one reason many wives will keep having problem!

A wife belongs to the family she is married into. You people always want to separate husbands from their families. Shame!

5 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

[s]I see you don't know anything about idiomatic expressions.

Google the phrase "throw someone to the dogs" and tell me if it has anything to do with someone being a dog[/s]
You must as a matter of fact, be quiet.

Any educated person reading that knows it is a figurative expression for worthlessness. So are your own SILs worthless?

Instead of you to take it back, you are doing damage control by trying to teach your ancestors English language.
You must be very silly.

5 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Maybe it will happen on Mars in the year of our lord 3000AD

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

I see you don't know anything about idiomatic expressions.

Google the phrase "throw someone to the dogs" and tell me if it has anything to do with someone being a dog
I think it is you that doesn't understand the meaning of that expression.

Your assertion means the husband abandons his wife to his wicked and evil sisters.

Some of you ladies are really a menace in families.

See, IF you cannot cope in marriage don't marry or marry someone that can put up with your ideology.

I'm not surprised though, I have seen some of you girls pray for death of MILs and would-be MILs.

1 Like

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by Prognose: 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

Lol grin
Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

You must as a matter of fact, be quiet.

Any educated person reading that knows it is a figurative expression for worthlessness. So are your own SILs worthless?

Instead of you to take it back, you are doing damage control by trying to teach your ancestors English language.
You must be very silly.

You are obviously a child seeking attention. I don't have time for your tantrums.

17 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

I think it is you that doesn't understand the meaning of that expression.

Your assertion means the husband abandons his wife to his wicked and evil sisters.

Some of you ladies are really a menace in families.

See, IF you cannot cope in marriage don't marry or marry someone that can put up with your ideology.

I'm not surprised though, I have seen some of you girls pray for death of MILs and would-be MILs.

Throw someone to the dogs means "to abandon someone to criticism and attack"

I think it is you men that are over analysing the statement as typical African men that see disrespect in idioms.

21 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by crackhaus: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

[s]You are obviously a child seeking attention. I don't have time for your tantrums.[/s]
Shut your trap.
Who are you and what is your attention worth in ariaria market?

Do you call your own SILs dogs?
Simple question and you busy eating your shít.

5 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
crackhaus:

Maybe it will happen on Mars in the year of our lord 3000AD
The wahala sef too much!

Wife will say the husband is not protecting her enough

Sisters will say their brother is ungrateful (since he got married) after all they did for him. They will narrate how he abandoned them since he got married!

Some mothers will say their son has changed towards them since he got married and complain of DIL's behavior.

Everybody want to tear the man!

I thank God for my family and our orientation! Thank God for my parents and and siblings!

5 Likes

Re: My Sisters-In-Law Are Causing Problems In My Marriage! What Do I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

Throw someone to the dogs means "to abandon someone to criticism and attack"

I think it is you men that are over analysing the statement as typical African men that see disrespect in idioms.
And who are the dogs that attacks? Are they not evil people? Or do good people attack just like that?

And yes, your idiom is DISRESPECTFUL to the husband and SILs in every word of it.

You people use words anyhow and expect to have peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / Mother & Daughter Sucking Their Fingers: When I Was Young, It Was Wrong. But Now / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.