Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

"I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" (51901 Views)

Man Falls While Carrying A Thick, Curvy Lady. See Reactions / "I Am Kim Kardashian" - Nigerian Lady Flaunts Her Thick Body (Photos) / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
So your man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life... He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking how 'lucky' a wife you'll be?
With the little he has, you ask for Brazilian hair and designer shoes. He goes to work and then straight to class after work. He leaves you in pyjamas in the morning and returns to find you in the same pyjamas in the evening. While he studies you watch 'African Magic' and 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'. He comes back home to find pap and chicken in the microwave. The only serious conversation you ever have is about the type of groceries you guys need.

The only advice you give him is "Babe you need to buy a new pair of socks, the ones you bought last time are torn." Nothing intelligent comes out of your mouth. No plans of making your own life better. Yes you're are pretty but this days is all about what you are made off not beauty even pretty ladies don't marry handsome men if their pocket is empty, no doubt about that. But so is every second girl passing by.

Don't you realise that you're not doing anything a maid can't do? When he finishes studying, the first thing he will do is REPLACE HIS MAID. Because then he would be able to afford a maid and have a PROPER WIFE who has brains. That's when we are going hear your infamous last words, "I was with him through thick and thin when he had nothing, now that he is successful he thinks I am nothing."

Truth is, yes, you're right. You've always been NOTHING but a maid to him.

My dear, empower yourself to be the woman a successful man wants to be with... a woman who would be able to sustain her home if anything happens to his job or his health!

Good afternoon!

630 Likes 72 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Davash222(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
When they’re done Hoeing, they turn to feminists and start to sell Bags, Wigs and Weavon on WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook. That’s their meaning of empowerment and Independent.
men are getting wiser now, Una go hear am!

588 Likes 48 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by okunfemm(m): 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
Bitter truth

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Freestainworld(m): 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
Good write up, the one's with brain will learn from this , the one's will Brazilian hair brain not like this.

87 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Katsuke: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
I get impressed when ladies speak the truth... Atleast this should pass a message or two to someone.

223 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
Truthful truth.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 7:54am On Dec 20, 2019
cheesy
ReneeNuttall:
Truthful truth.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by TheApologist: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2019
ladies don't appreciate this kind of message; it's repulsive to their hearing

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by MARX77(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2019
Coming from a lady, this is good.... Lavylilly

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Puregold3(f): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2019
I love this..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2019
Nice write up .Ladies will avoid this thread o

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Ginaz(f): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2019
Please what I hate most is general misconceptions. It’s not every woman who did nothing while the man was hustling , some women literally did odd jobs , side hustles and other things to make their lives better .

Some went to school, really hustle as much as the man. I hate stupid talks like these , do you people think women are brainless and useless? Majority I see Omo, dem Dey hustle and their bfs broke like mad.

You guys should stop preaching what you don’t know . My mom’s friend is a hustler , singlehandedly paid for rent for those years the guy was broke and hustling , did one or two things for the ungrateful guy only for him to abscond with another girl . Wasted her youthful years for nothing.

As for now sef, I won’t advise any girl to put up with a guy for any reasons cos of statements like these.

Some mumu will just write up and come to say you only asked for Brazilian hairs and shoes like they knew you or stayed with you in the house to know that.

All the girls I Dey see for street dem Dey hustle . Dem be hustlers , they gat dreams. Stop the stereotype!!!!

Just as there are good for nothing men, there are good for nothing women too.

On a ratio of 80% , girls Dey hustle even in relationships.

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 20, 2019
Ginaz:
Please what I hate most is general misconceptions. It’s not every women who did nothing while the man was hustling , some women literally did odd jobs , side hustles and other things to make their lives better .

Some went to school, really hustle as much as the man. I hate stupid talks like these , do you people think women are brainless and useless? Majority I see Omo, dem Dey hustle and their bfs broke like mad.

You guys should stop preaching what you don’t know . My mom’s friend is a hustler , singlehandedly paid for rent for those years the guy was broke and hustling , did one or two things for the ungrateful guy only for him to abscond with another girl . Wasted her youthful years for nothing.

As for now sef, I won’t advise any girl to put up with a guy for any reasons cos of statements like these.

Some mumu will just write up and come to say you only asked for Brazilian hairs and shoes like they knew you or stayed with you in the house to know that.

All the girls I Dey see for street dem Dey hustle . Dem be hustlers , they gat dreams. Stop the stereotype!!!!

Please when will you grow up ? Must you insult her to voice your opinion.

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by luminouz(m): 10:13am On Dec 20, 2019
I've read this before on NL

Is this your personal work?

Give credits to the writer na

27 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Ginaz(f): 10:16am On Dec 20, 2019
Some people will just come and be writing rubbish . That’s how you give men the right to just do anyhow things and get away free.

Which man in his right senses would watch his girlfriend grow up with him with no dreams of her own or even if the lady doesn’t have dreams, he can’t build her up? That means the guy doesn’t care anyway and he is just using the girl for sex.

Girls I would advise you to follow men who have visions, aspirations and a future cos even if you were the most dumbest girl in the whole world, their dreams would rub off on you to make you become better.

Na only empty and wicked boyfriends na fit do that . They are building their lives , they know the girl isn’t making any steps to build hers but would hang around, f***k her for years only to dump her like a trash. If she didn’t have plans, why not leave her ? Why hang around and use her and dump her? It’s very painful .

There is no excuse whatever in the planet that justifies that. It’s very painful and I sympathize with any lady facing this situation.

The man simply would have left her since she wasn’t good enough than to dump her at the last minute.

160 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by samdavjustin(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2019
Ginaz:
Some people will just come and be writing rubbish . That’s how you give men the right to just do anyhow things and get away free.

Which man in his right senses would watch his girlfriend grow up with him with no dreams of her own or even if the lady doesn’t have dreams, he can’t build her up? That means the guy doesn’t care anyway and he is just using the girl for sex.

Girls I would advise you to follow men who have visions, aspirations and a future cos even if you were the most dumbest girl in the whole world, their dreams would rub off on you to make you become better.

Na only empty and wicked boyfriends na fit do that . They are building their lives , they know the girl isn’t making any steps to build hers but would hang around, f***k her for years only to dump her like a trash. If she didn’t have plans, why not leave her ? Why hang around and use her and dump her? It’s very painful .

There is no excuse whatever in the planet that justifies that. It’s very painful and I sympathize with any lady in that situation.

The man simply would have left her since she wasn’t good enough than to dump her at the last minute.

Nawa ooo you seemed so pained abi what the op said is absolutely right about you? We all see things through different sides. The op is not totally wrong as there are ladies who act that way but obviously not all

202 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Geminita1(f): 11:57am On Dec 20, 2019
Ride and die for him, when he is done, he would leave you for a slay queen. After all, your purpose in life is to be a mule. grin

28 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ginaz:
Please what I hate most is general misconceptions. It’s not every woman who did nothing while the man was hustling , some women literally did odd jobs , side hustles and other things to make their lives better .

Agreed

32 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
Provide link to the write up
luminouz:
I've read this before on NL

Is this your personal work?

Give credits to the writer na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by luminouz(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
lavylilly:
Provide link to the write up

Very sorry, I can't but I have definitely read this before. I never forget a compelling article.

It was even debated on,with the usual e-brawls between the genders.

18 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sir, provide link to bck up your claims.
luminouz:

Very sorry, I can't but I have definitely read this before. I never forget a compelling article.

It was even debated on,with the usual e-brawls between the genders.

6 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by luminouz(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2019
lavylilly:
Sir, provide link to bck up your claims.

Sorry ma'am, unless I'm getting paid to do that,I can't start searching over the million posts NL has.

Are you saying you sat down and drafted this article yourself? shocked

19 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lavylilly: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
luminouz:

Sorry ma'am, unless I'm getting paid to do that,I can't start searching over the million posts NL has.

Are you saying you sat down and drafted this article yourself? shocked
undecided

5 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by AfroKnight: 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
Why do I find it hard to believe a woman wrote this?

I don’t particularly like the idea of dumping a girlfriend who loved you when you had nothing. However I understand the sentiment especially when she herself was more of a liability during that period.

Beautiful piece. It alludes to the fact that men are attracted to women who “hold their side well”. We want women we can be proud of, and not just for good looks but for their industry.

35 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Apination(m): 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
Really impressed by the thought flow. Women should begin taking responsibility for themselves, sex is cheap to get, the era of housewife is over, No ring for lazy bitches undecided

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Ginaz(f): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
samdavjustin:

Nawa ooo you seemed so pained abi what the op said is absolutely right about you? We all see things through different sides. The op is not totally wrong as there are ladies who act that way but obviously not all

She is wrong !!! Period!!! Pained about what exactly? Have you seen me before that you knew I was pained? Stop talking like a toddler just to make a senseless point.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Lightangel65: 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
lavylilly:
Easy that was too much.

Ok, I went too far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

London Returnees, Out To Impress Ladies, Misbehave After Bill Of 80k Arrives / Couple Swear Blood Covenant In Order To Remain Loyal. Photos/Video / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.