Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

"I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" (51928 Views)

Man Falls While Carrying A Thick, Curvy Lady. See Reactions / "I Am Kim Kardashian" - Nigerian Lady Flaunts Her Thick Body (Photos) / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by grandstar(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:
When they’re done Hoeing, they turn to feminists and start to sell Bags, Wigs and Weavon on WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook. That’s their meaning of empowerment and Independent.
men are getting wiser now, Una go hear am!

And what were the men doing? Make a wild guess?

2 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nnemuka(f): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2019
luminouz:

What's this local hen yakking about now? undecided
This one lives inside ashawo thread....

ignored...

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by luminouz(m): 11:06am On Dec 21, 2019
Nnemuka:

This one lives inside ashawo thread....

ignored...

Lmaoooo....

What's wrong in that? cry cry

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by PrinceMajestic: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2019
luminouz:

Nawa o...
See as you fall my hand. undecided
how? I dnt know u. We re not friends, you re not female either so keep off my mention

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by lexxyrule(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2019
lavylilly:
So your man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life... He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking how 'lucky' a wife you'll be?
With the little he has, you ask for Brazilian hair and designer shoes. He goes to work and then straight to class after work. He leaves you in pyjamas in the morning and returns to find you in the same pyjamas in the evening. While he studies you watch 'African Magic' and 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'. He comes back home to find pap and chicken in the microwave. The only serious conversation you ever have is about the type of groceries you guys need.

The only advice you give him is "Babe you need to buy a new pair of socks, the ones you bought last time are torn." Nothing intelligent comes out of your mouth. No plans of making your own life better. Yes you're are pretty but this days is all about what you are made off not beauty even pretty ladies don't marry handsome men if their pocket is empty, no doubt about that. But so is every second girl passing by.

Don't you realise that you're not doing anything a maid can't do? When he finishes studying, the first thing he will do is REPLACE HIS MAID. Because then he would be able to afford a maid and have a PROPER WIFE who has brains. That's when we are going hear your infamous last words, "I was with him through thick and thin when he had nothing, now that he is successful he thinks I am nothing."

Truth is, yes, you're right. You've always been NOTHING but a maid to him.

My dear, empower yourself to be the woman a successful man wants to be with... a woman who would be able to sustain her home if anything happens to his job or his health!

Good afternoon!

Nice one babe, m definitely following
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Daviddson(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2019
lavylilly:
Sir, provide link to bck up your claims.
This is it: https://www.nairaland.com/2801533/ladies-wise-up

3 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by kiddkash(m): 11:09am On Dec 21, 2019
lavylilly:
So your man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life... He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking how 'lucky' a wife you'll be?
With the little he has, you ask for Brazilian hair and designer shoes. He goes to work and then straight to class after work. He leaves you in pyjamas in the morning and returns to find you in the same pyjamas in the evening. While he studies you watch 'African Magic' and 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'. He comes back home to find pap and chicken in the microwave. The only serious conversation you ever have is about the type of groceries you guys need.

The only advice you give him is "Babe you need to buy a new pair of socks, the ones you bought last time are torn." Nothing intelligent comes out of your mouth. No plans of making your own life better. Yes you're are pretty but this days is all about what you are made off not beauty even pretty ladies don't marry handsome men if their pocket is empty, no doubt about that. But so is every second girl passing by.

Don't you realise that you're not doing anything a maid can't do? When he finishes studying, the first thing he will do is REPLACE HIS MAID. Because then he would be able to afford a maid and have a PROPER WIFE who has brains. That's when we are going hear your infamous last words, "I was with him through thick and thin when he had nothing, now that he is successful he thinks I am nothing."

My dear, empower yourself to be the woman a successful man wants to be with... a woman who would be able to sustain her home if anything happens to his job or his health!

Good afternoon!
harsh but true
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by CHoccolaTE: 11:09am On Dec 21, 2019
Some women will just get up and write "pick-me" articles just to get male attention undecided

Ginaz, good job on page one

8 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2019
luminouz:
I've read this before on NL

Is this your personal work?

Give credits to the writer na
https://www.nairaland.com/2784095/how-people-take-bath-during#40734547
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:

Those two things are different. Standing with a man and a man staying with you for years only to abscond with the excuses you didn’t meet up with his vision is wrong . If she didn’t meet up with you, why not leave her at the early stage than be with her for years only to leave her at the last minute.

It’s totally wrong .
Lol different you say? Well dear this is just the root of the problem. While you saw things from your perspective only other who had seen lot more remained objective.Most ladies who countered you that day did not to compete with guys here or to for alpha women but did because they have experienced more and I guess your witness to your mom's friend situation changed your view.

It's' one thing to stay with a guy through hard times, it's another thing to be appreciated when thing go well. The absence of the latter is why the former no longer exist. They are interwoven!

2 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nlearn: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2019
It seems u are a woman... I want to connect with u..
lavylilly:
So your it man tells you he is not planning on having kids or getting married anytime soon as he is still sorting out his life... He tells you he wants to have his second degree, a proper house and a bigger car first. You sit there smiling with just a birth certificate thinking how 'lucky' a wife you'll be?

Good afternoon!
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2019
luminouz:

You too like trouble noni grin
Your opinion. tongue
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by izubext007: 11:13am On Dec 21, 2019
E.g D Present Urohbo Women
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by ojodomo2000(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2019
grin grin
Davash222:
When they’re done Hoeing, they turn to feminists and start to sell Bags, Wigs and Weavon on WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook. That’s their meaning of empowerment and Independent.
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2019
Amen!
Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Hairdo666(f): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:
Do you have any idea how extremely stupid, ignorant and insecure you sound? You don't even sound like a grown man. Instead of making yourself useful you want to create stereotypes. Women who are making legit money bother you. Try keeping feminists out your mouth for once too. Illiterate.

9 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by pansophist(m): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:

You forgot to add creme selling, professional massage, and therapy grin

5 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Charmingpet: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:
Please what I hate most is general misconceptions. It’s not every woman who did nothing while the man was hustling , some women literally did odd jobs , side hustles and other things to make their lives better .

Some went to school, really hustle as much as the man. I hate stupid talks like these , do you people think women are brainless and useless? Majority I see Omo, dem Dey hustle and their bfs broke like mad.

You guys should stop preaching what you don’t know . My mom’s friend is a hustler , singlehandedly paid for rent for those years the guy was broke and hustling , did one or two things for the ungrateful guy only for him to abscond with another girl . Wasted her youthful years for nothing.

As for now sef, I won’t advise any girl to put up with a guy for any reasons cos of statements like these.

Some mumu will just write up and come to say you only asked for Brazilian hairs and shoes like they knew you or stayed with you in the house to know that.

All the girls I Dey see for street dem Dey hustle . Dem be hustlers , they gat dreams. Stop the stereotype!!!!

Just as there are good for nothing men, there are good for nothing women too.

On a ratio of 80% , girls Dey hustle even in relationships.
don't mind them. Some of the men are very lazy waiting for the lady to provide for them.

3 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by mickybeejay(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2019
As much as I commend the brain behind this piece, I think we are still missing something.

You should understand that nobody is perfect and in every relationship, there are two sides- a side you need to enjoy, and a side you need to endure.

You never can have a perfect partner, that's why you need to model your partner in a way that fits your taste.

If you can't deal with her weakness and he/she isn't willing to learn, then walk away, nobody is forcing you to stay in that relationship.

You saw her that way before you approach her, so you shouldn't expect a miracle to happen within a twinkle of an eye. It takes a gradual process.

If you're the only one growing in your relationship, quote me, you're an accident going somewhere to happen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by ChiefSweetus: 11:19am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Gordieshegz(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:
Please what I hate most is general misconceptions. It’s not every woman who did nothing while the man was hustling , some women literally did odd jobs , side hustles and other things to make their lives better .

Some went to school, really hustle as much as the man. I hate stupid talks like these , do you people think women are brainless and useless? Majority I see Omo, dem Dey hustle and their bfs broke like mad.

You guys should stop preaching what you don’t know . My mom’s friend is a hustler , singlehandedly paid for rent for those years the guy was broke and hustling , did one or two things for the ungrateful guy only for him to abscond with another girl . Wasted her youthful years for nothing.

As for now sef, I won’t advise any girl to put up with a guy for any reasons cos of statements like these.

Some mumu will just write up and come to say you only asked for Brazilian hairs and shoes like they knew you or stayed with you in the house to know that.

All the girls I Dey see for street dem Dey hustle . Dem be hustlers , they gat dreams. Stop the stereotype!!!!

If anyone had stereotyped here, you were the very person.
The op only made a general statement, not a hasty generalization like you just did.

Lashing out statistics as if you were working with Nigerian population census commission. undecided

"Yen yen yen hustle" cry
Well you are right. They are hustling to be better leeches that they are.

Apologies to the many real ladies doing everything moral and legal to make ends meet out there.. Respect to you all...

3 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Davash222(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2019
Teespice:

Better to be tagged a bag, wigs and weavon seller than to be known as a prostitute.

What TF do you lots want? I forgot, you swing wherever the wind blows.
Why taking my post personal
I wasn’t talking to you directly. Don’t allow your guilty conscience to be playing pranks on you.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Hairdo666(f): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2019
We all know women hustle more than men but go ahead and suck your balls. Its the single, broke ones that'll scream pass

6 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Munzy14(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:
cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2019
midnighter:

You are not saying the right thing; if somebody you claim to love is lacking in drive or ambition then why wouldnt you encourage her to develop herself?

Why continue sleeping with her and entertaining her if you know she is stagnating? If you suggest it to her and she refuses its different.

This advice also applies to men btw. Taking his money, time, affection but secretly planning a coup with another guy because "hes not exposed" is just wickedness.

In scenarios such as the OP created, the person who develops himself or herself doesn't start off with the intention of using someone to dump them later. They often start with someone who is at their level but since it is only one person developing himself/herself, they outgrow the stagnating partner and replace them later on with someone more suitable. They didn't plan it from the beginning. They developed and changed so OP's message to ladies to have something going on for themselves instead of waiting for a man to make a difference in their lives is a good message since we have too many ladies thinking that marriage is the ultimate and only goal in their lives not realizing that there is more to life than marriage and that a good relationship consists of two people willing to grow independently and together. If a lady wants a high quality man, she must be high quality too. It's not enough to look pretty and often men do not even go for the prettiest ladies but women who add value to their lives, more value than a maid could add.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Davash222(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2019
Hairdo666:

Do you have any idea how extremely stupid, ignorant and insecure you sound? You don't even sound like a grown man. Instead of making yourself useful you want to create stereotypes. Women who are making legit money bother you. Try keeping feminists out your mouth for once too. Illiterate.
You need strong gbola. May strong thing fall on you this weekend. Amen.
Your rants are that of sex starved feminist.

Ndi Hairdo!

2 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Munzy14(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:

Be humble and learn... cheesy

See how you are adding bile to a peaceful advise up there.
Go and pick few important things from what the OP posted and enhance yours. You aren't fighting with anyone here...

Truth is bitter... OP is telling you ladies to advance your course while the man is doing his.....Nobody wants to settle with a liability.

3 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by luminouz(m): 11:27am On Dec 21, 2019
PrinceMajestic:
how? I dnt know u. We re not friends, you re not female either so keep off my mention

O Prince of Urhobo Kingdom,forgive my impudence. His Royal Eminence, forgive my intrusion.

Mtchewwww

Little prick ass mudafvcker!!! grin

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Hairdo666(f): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:

You need strong gbola. May strong thing fall on you this weekend. Amen.
Your rants are that of sex starved feminist.
You didn't lie. Doesn't change the fact that you're a little boy in a grown man's body. Find a hustle, you're useless. Na your type sabi gossip.

5 Likes

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Hairdo666:
We all know women hustle more than men but go ahead and suck your balls. Its the single, broke ones that'll scream pass
.. "Women Hustle more than men" Are you for real? Can you give more insight please?

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by Munzy14(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2019
Sirvingeo:

Please when will you grow up ? Must you insult her to voice your opinion.
Lol.... I tire for the lady.

1 Like

Re: "I Was With Him Through Thick And Thin" by dam4sam: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:

And it is not every man that is an ingrate!
Some men actually appreciate their wives keeping the home front steady, while they hustle on behalf of the family.
They dont reckon with or consider a penny coming from their wife, as important or a must.
Such men actaully spoil their wives so much that the "hustling wife" will be green with envy.
These are men who undertsand that when your home is secured, steady and your kids are not being nurtured or raped by a Nanny (just because husband and wife are out hustling all day), ......... your life is beautiful and happy.

Such men value the wife behind all that effort and will spend all their money on her, to let her know that she has lost nothing, just because she is not working and she even has a better quality of life, than the hustling wife whose children become a nuisance to society, due to poor parental upbringing.
If only you know what these Creches and nannies do to your children while you are at work, you will understand that no amount of money is worth destroying your children's future over.

Nuff'said.

Ofcourse, there are more and more young men out there who are Gigolos, all they know is prey on the income of a lady, while promising her marriage, same promise they made to five other working class ladies.
Gigolos everywhere, thunder fire una

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? / Nigerian Guy Intentionally Breaks Traffic Law So He Can Meet Hot FRSC Officer / Nigerian Men On Twitter Share Hilarious Spiteful Things Women Did To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.