Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement (64696 Views)

Share Memories Of The Most Enjoyable Christmas Celebration You Had! / Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by tomju(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

Soon all their religions will fail them, then they'll all unanimously turn against their respective religions to condemn their own religions completely.

That's when majority of them will start looking for Jehovah's Witnesses, but by then it will be too late for this crooked generation who are always demanding signs before listening to the TRUTH! Matthew 12:39, 16:4 smiley
Sound, resonable Judgements will alway win. Some worship blindly. Like i will always say, the truth is on its own. Its up to anyone to see it.
"Follwers of Christ"-Christians. How do you justify such followership when you are practicing what he didn't teach? A word is enough for the wise. Learn the truth now before its too late. John 14.28 is another one.....New King James Version
"You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I." Tomorrow they will tell you Jesus is equal to his father. Make una dey listen o.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
tomju:

Sound, resonable Judgements will alway win. Some worship blindly. Like i will always say, the truth is on its own. Its up to anyone to see it.
"Follwers of Christ"-Christians. How do you justify such followership when you are practicing what he didn't teach? A word is enough for the wise. Learn the truth now before its too late. John 14.28 is another one.....New King James Version
"You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I." Tomorrow they will tell you Jesus is equal to his father. Make una dey listen o.

My brother, everything is THEORIES!

God said, Jesus said, Apostle said, Pastor said, Governing Body said are all just THEORIES! When i was still practicing Islam, we were taught so many things but nothing profitable so i vowed that i'll only worship in the midst of worshipers whose gathering is yielding benefits!

What matters is the outcome or benefit gotten from the teaching of any religion!

If it's from the one and only true God, it should be powerful enough to unite people of all raises as one family! John 17:20-23 compared to Isaiah 2:1-4

The one and only group claiming worshippers of God that has successfully gathered over 8,500,000 people from all the raises on planet earth to form one big happy family of peace loving worshippers is Jehovah's Witnesses!

So if there is God anywhere, i'm sure he could only be in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses!

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by edoairways: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
DavidEsq:

U see, Jesus said that until we learn to have the (learning) mind of a child, we cannot see God's kingdom. Simple. No stress, no dragging, no matter how u beat about, there's no way around that. The scriptures further says that our "reasonableness should be seen by all men". Which means, if we are always right in our one eyes, rather than in a sincere sense, what are we? U know what.
Is how Jesus thought you?
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by V9cypha(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Next time you find yourself losing sleep over someone’s opinion, ask yourself why their opinion even matters to you? You might discover that you’re worrying about a person who holds little to no control over the outcome of your life.- Toni Tone
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Jiokejohn: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
tomju:

Please, are you a Christian?
If yes, respond to me. I want to enlighten you more on JESUS CHRIST BEING EQUAL TO HIS FATHER.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by DavidEsq(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
edoairways:

Is how Jesus thought you?
U may regale me with how he taught u. That is, if u are not too proud to do so.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Empiree: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mcuzy:
Make ona go sidon where contain ona . Who follow ona drag say dem nor born Jesus for December ? Over sabi tell us when dem born am na... December 25th is just a day we celebrate CHristmas to remind the world of the birth of a king
This is what you celebrate and worship on December 25th, dummy

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Ikeh01(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
Jehovah's witness preach about the TRUTH.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ken4Christ:

The New Testament church does not follow everything written in the Bible. The New Testament Is our new constitution and not the whole Bible. This is where most churches are missing it. The priesthood has changed and so also is the covenant changed. The teachings of our Lord Jesus doesn't agree with most instructions under the Law of Moses. They should learn to follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

Do we then throw away the Old Testament part of the Bible? Certainly no. It has wealth of information still useful to us. Besides, without it, we will not know where we are coming from. But any teaching in the Old Testament that is not consistent with the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles should not be made a doctrine. If the church can stick to what Jesus and the Apostles taught, we will have minimal doctrinal differences in the body of Christ.

Jesus is the chief corner stone and not Moses. His teachings laid the foundation for the church.
all this epistle you wrote still didnt hit a point,the question is,where in the bible did Jesus said we should celebrate his birth,rather he said his death,bcus his death gave us the victory,christmas is blasphemy and demonic simple,case closed. no more!
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
Jiokejohn:

If yes, respond to me. I want to enlighten you more on JESUS CHRIST BEING EQUAL TO HIS FATHER.

I'm a Christian and i believe in the gospel account of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John regarding the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth!

The Bible is a big book of 66 smaller books, containing 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses

The first 39 books were written in Hebrew/Aramaic also known as the Old Testament. The remaining 27 books were written in Greek also known as the New Testament.

So i'll like to know where the Bible teaches that Jesus is equal to his Father!
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by atoleybaba(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
dreamangel:

If the Angels lkeep coming to earth physically to celebrate it, please what are you on earth whom he died for supposed to do? Stay there and wait for Angels
did the angels come to d earth physically to celebrate it
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by edoairways: 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
DavidEsq:

U may regale me with how he taught u. That is, if u are not too proud to do so.
I wonder who is proud between the two of us. Simple question you couldn't answer yet you claim to be Christian
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by bereto(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
ifewise:
The Controversy on Christmas, December 25th as Jesus' Birthday: Our Position and Clarification, By MFM

With reference to the varied reactions that have been trailing the message of our General Overseer (Worldwide), Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), Dr. Daniel Olukoya, on the celebration of December 25th as Christmas in celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, during the church's weekly Manna Water service on Dec. 25, 2019, we make the following clarifications...

Though the foundation of Christmas is idolatry and God hates idolatry with perfect hatred, we will not throw away the baby and the bath water.
We do not condemn those who celebrate.
Jesus is born in us at MFM every day. His death is our birth certificate.

We will bring out the positive out of the negatives by using all holidays for prayers, conferences seminars, and activities.

We will hold seminars, conventions, camp meetings or special teaching services to pray, examine the scriptures and draw positives from the wrong, negative and idolatry practices of the two events: Easter and Christmas.

We will hold special meetings to re-teach, re-emphasize and reappraise the significance of Jesus' birth, death, cross, and resurrection.

ON DECEMBER AND THE SHEPHERDS
Strange but true! Remember those shepherds who were “keeping watch over their flocks by night”? (Luke 2:cool. December weather around Bethlehem is often miserably cold, wet and rainy. No shepherd in his right mind would have kept his flocks outside at night at that time of year!
The passage argues against the December 25th birth of Jesus Christ since the weather would not have permitted shepherds to be out in the fields with their flocks then.

Also, Luke 2:1-4 tells us that Jesus was born in Bethlehem because his parents came to that town to register in a Roman census.
The Romans were well known as highly efficient administrators. It would have made no sense to have conducted a census in the dead of winter when temperatures often dropped below freezing and traveling was difficult due to poor road conditions. Taking a census under such conditions would have been pointless.

The Bible nowhere tells us to observe a holiday celebrating Jesus Christ’s birth —but it clearly does tell us to do ‘communion’ in remembrance of him.
On Christmas day I wake up, go to church, eat rice and chicken, go out and have fun come back home please explain how this is idolatry. The fact that the day was for evil doesn't mean what I do is evil, to aid spreading the gospel it changed to a Christian celebration after all God created the seven days, since no exact time of Jesus birth we use any day it acceptable just know he is the reason for the season
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by stevups(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
If you want to know that these pastors say rubbish, try to tell Buhari to change that 25th Dec, to a day of National Quran recitation, what you will hear is that Buhari wants to Islamize the country.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Ken4Christ: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lilisticlili:
all this epistle you wrote still didnt hit a point,the question is,where in the bible did Jesus said we should celebrate his birth,rather he said his death,bcus his death gave us the victory,christmas is blasphemy and demonic simple,case closed. no more!

We go to church on Sundays. Did Jesus asked us to go to church on Sundays. He has given the church authority to permit whatever it deems fit. He said, anything you bind (disallow) on earth is disallowed in heaven. And anything you loose (allow) on earth is allowed in heaven.

When Jesus was about to be crucified, a woman anointed him with a costly perfume. Did Jesus asked for it. She did it on her own. We don't need any instruction or permit to celebrate the birth of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He even deserves more than that.

Jesus is worth celebrating. These same churches that condemn Christmas celebrate their children birthday. Hypocrisy is a disease. Please leave us and let's celebrate our King. Only sadist gets angry when people are honored.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by fredie107(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
englishmart:
If Jesus should come in the evening on Christmas day, only 17,000 Christians will make heaven. (that's if there's heaven o) The kind of immorality accompanied with the Christmas celebration is mind boggling.

That's what u get when Christ is removed from the celebration..... And that's what the devil wants.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Ken4Christ: 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

All teachings that has failed to produced good fruits are FALSE, and all forms that has produced fine fruits are from no other place but God says Jesus! Matthew 7:16-18

God's holy spirit has no other identity than the appearance of fine works! Galatians 5:22-23

So if you're contemplating condemning the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, Jesus said "first of all thoroughly meditate on the what has been achieved through their teachings"

You might actually be the one fighting against God {Act 5:39} as you can't point to any religious group performing better than Jehovah's Witnesses, yet you're giving yourself headache because of their interpretation that's yielding fine fruits throughout the earth, whereas all the religions teaching what you think is right failed to meet up with expectations!

Jesus prayed FERVENTLY to his father that his followers should be united in faith {John 17:20-23} so that the world can see the glory of Jesus as true Christians are unitedly producing the fruit of God's holy spirit! Matthew 5:14-16
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF~CONTROL! Galatians 5:22-23

Satan quickly killed all the pioneers of true Christianity in the first century and falsehood set in, for almost 2,000 years it's the falsehood that Satan initiated that's been taught as Christianity.
So don't be surprise that for centuries past what all the religions claiming Christians taught failed to yield profitable fruits until Jehovah's Witnesses began making research to find the TRUTH and Jesus revealed himself to them, that's why they've been up and doing globally! smiley

Since you claim to know the truth, please tell us what happened to the body of Jesus after resurrection since you said he didn't resurrect bodily. No diversion and no lies. Please teach us.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Ken4Christ: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
CSTR2:

I just gave you a direct quote from the Bible and you are giving me what your pastor told you.

Apostle Paul pronounced the curse of God upon that sorcerer.
He said he would go blind and it happened.
That is how to resist. Paul was not apologetic to the sorcerer.
He didn't preach the gospel to him or pray.
He Pronouncef the raw curse of God.

Paul could have asked him to fall down dead and it would happen immediately.

And most of the prayers are not targeted at human enemies.

But If a human enemy decided to become an unrepentant Pharaoh to God's children, he could die by the judgement of God.

God can remove obstacles in any way. He can kill it, demote it, cripple it, immobilize it just like Paul did to bar Jesus, or render it irrelevant.

As far as you are concerned, that obstacle is dead.

Apostle Paul didn't kill him and neither did he make him permanently blind. He said, he will not see the sun for a season. He did this so he can have the opportunity to repent.

Besides, he was not a personal enemy to Apostle Paul. He was an enemy of the gospel. The same way Apostle Paul was temporarily blinded, this man also was temporarily blinded perhaps he might later repent.

If Apostle Paul could command blindness at will, why was he whisked through a basket to escape the assassination planned against him by 40 men. He should have just gotten then blinded and go his way.

Stop looking for ways to support your errors. The same Apostle you quoted said if your enemy is hungry, feed him. He didn't say kill him.

Olukoya is leading countless thousands astray. The earlier he corrects this error, the better for him and those who follow. He will one day stand before the judgment seat of Christ. He stands the risk of losing the reward of his labour and I pray that he will not lose his salvation because the gate of heaven has no visa for murderers.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by tomju(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2019
Jiokejohn:

I left "University" many years ago! Should I go back and enrol in "Elementary school"? Shouldnt I rather seek for solid food not Milk meant for babes? I pray you get my drift? John 14.28 suffices. Thanks for the enlighten offer though. I'm already grounded.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Ken4Christ: 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2019
CSTR2:

Peter ways pleased God, yet God had to kill Herod on his behalf otherwise he would have killed Peter.

Elijah's ways pleased God, yet God had to rain down fire on his enemies.

God answers prayers, not man.
You cannot be at peace with any power that wants you dead.

How can you be at peace with somebody that has determined that you will only make in life over his/her dead body and has gone fetish about it?
They don't want peace. They want you dead.

What would be the right thing to do?
Would you not ask the sword of God to cut off such power from the land of the living so that you can prosper?

Herod was killed not because of Peter but because he was trying to take the glory of God. He presented himself as God.

You address the spirit behind their evil motives and they will be incapacitated. You can't ask God to kill anyone. It is not consistent with the gospel of our Lord Jesus. God will judge them the way he wants but you don't command them to die. It makes you a murderer. And no murderer has eternal life in him.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by imam07: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
Neroiam:

Fvck theology school, they know nothing.. Clouded minds
sorry mr know all.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by FemiEddy(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

Don't be deceived my friend!

God's word quantify what you're saying as the tradition (teachings) of men!
Note that people from all races will say the same thing by telling you "God will not destroy good people simply because they don't know anything about Jesus of Nazareth"

According to Jesus himself,

His true followers will take his message to all the corners of the earth with zeal! Matthew 24:14, 28:19-20

All other religionists will continue to antagonize them! Matthew 10:22-25, John 17:14-16

They will become recognizable by the LOVE in their midst! John 13:34-35

They will be glued together as one big happy family of peace loving worshippers! John 17:20-23

Jehovah's Witnesses are known throughout the world as the number one religion having amazing form of LOVE binding them together as one!

And don't forget what Apostle John said "God is LOVE" 1John 4:8

So with all these put together, i'm confidently telling you that Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only Christian group in the world having LOVE(God) permeating their midst! smiley

I didn't say any of those things you are saying,

Who do you follow? The savior or A community? Follow the savior not a community with rules. I warned you. It is your relationship(personal) with God through Christ that is of highest importance, not your organization. 2020 is here, more blessings for us
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by rummmy: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
CSTR2:

It is a youth empowerment program.

It is not every youth that will go to school and get First Class where they can get 500,000 from the church.
so what is Christmas and why are they against the date
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by Kennyideal(m): 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
So did the bible tell us to have Football clubs

MFM football club! grin

Hypocrisy
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by baysol: 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
oteneaaron:
Is this not what Jehovah's Witnesses have been saying for like forever?

sad
Den Don dey open eye small small. All they said is not newJW has always stood for truth no matter what.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by pongwa(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
kattytamer:

It is the truth that the origin of "Christmass" is idolatry? Or did the Catholic Church ever tell you that dec 25 is the exact day Jesus Christ was born? Its either you are shallow minded or you just love to deceive yourself.
what is your own truth? Stop reacting to every post without affirming your position
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by shegzy23: 12:45am On Dec 30, 2019
oteneaaron:
Is this not what Jehovah's Witnesses have been saying for like forever?

sad
Jehovah witness don't read Bible, they only read watch tower,so they should go and seat somewhere, for the pastor,is he talking about weather or what?we don't have the same weather all over the world at the same time,so he should shut up
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by fakuta(f): 12:59am On Dec 30, 2019
Which place in the Bible said I should pay 10% of my salary every month

1 Like

Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by CSTR2: 1:30am On Dec 30, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Herod was killed not because of Peter but because he was trying to take the glory of God. He presented himself as God.

You address the spirit behind their evil motives and they will be incapacitated. You can't ask God to kill anyone. It is not consistent with the gospel of our Lord Jesus. God will judge them the way he wants but you don't command them to die. It makes you a murderer. And no murderer has eternal life in him.
So God could kill Herod for trying to take his glory but not to protect Peter from being executed?

What makes you think protecting Peter was not part of the reason why God decided to kill him. ?

He could have struck him blind or made him deaf, but God killed him.

There are physical human entities that have the presence of mind to do evil.
They are not being led by a demonic possession to do something they wouldn't do.

You can't preach the word of God to a high priest of amadioha that have sold his soul to the devil or pray for him to repent.
You would be destroyed.

The early forefathers of pentecostalism in Nigeria knew that.
People like apostle babalola and Benson idahosa.
They did not preach or pray for wicked physical entities.
They stopped them.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by CSTR2: 1:35am On Dec 30, 2019
Ken4Christ:

Apostle Paul didn't kill him and neither did he make him permanently blind. He said, he will not see the sun for a season. He did this so he can have the opportunity to repent.

Besides, he was not a personal enemy to Apostle Paul. He was an enemy of the gospel. The same way Apostle Paul was temporarily blinded, this man also was temporarily blinded perhaps he might later repent.

If Apostle Paul could command blindness at will, why was he whisked through a basket to escape the assassination planned against him by 40 men. He should have just gotten then blinded and go his way.

Stop looking for ways to support your errors. The same Apostle you quoted said if your enemy is hungry, feed him. He didn't say kill him.

Olukoya is leading countless thousands astray. The earlier he corrects this error, the better for him and those who follow. He will one day stand before the judgment seat of Christ. He stands the risk of losing the reward of his labour and I pray that he will not lose his salvation because the gate of heaven has no visa for murderers.
So there is a difference between asking a sorcerer to go blind and asking to fall down dead?

If I were to go by your own ideology,
should paul even command a physical human being to go blind?

Why didn't Paul preach to him or pray against the spirit behind him?

You are a spiritual baby.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by OyinO: 1:39am On Dec 30, 2019
Truth is that the three Abrahamic religions are as fake as hell.
Re: Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement by OyinO: 1:42am On Dec 30, 2019
bereto:

On Christmas day I wake up, go to church, eat rice and chicken, go out and have fun come back home please explain how this is idolatry. The fact that the day was for evil doesn't mean what I do is evil, to aid spreading the gospel it changed to a Christian celebration after all God created the seven days, since no exact time of Jesus birth we use any day it acceptable just know he is the reason for the season

It is idolatory because Jesus wasn't born then. You're throwing party for Santa (Satan) Claus whose colours are red and green - the colours of hell! Christmas is for Satan Claus so you're an idolater!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.