Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9178 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Irreligious person? Yes!
Outspoken? No!
Lolz, this is the reason why it's difficult to find irreligious single ladies in Naija.

Pray tell, why wouldn't you have been outspoken if you were in Naija?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:
OP, aren't you open to dating Christians?

I am tired of dating Christians. I want something different.

I want a babe who wouldn't mind a court wedding. I want a babe who can discuss with me on an intellectual level.

Imagine being oppressed with religion at work only to find that your partner is planning tor you to go to a vigil. You actually dont have a partner tha can comfort you in this overreligious country.

If your babe has ever tithed her full first month salary and became a dull time financially dependent baby on your account, you would think twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ashewoboy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

Sorry, but I'm not really interested in those other discussions.

do you know what I wanna discuss with you? just give it a try. reply your mail. you are in deutsche. I'm not asking you out.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
That sounds like opening up to a life of misery. embarassed

Some Christians aren't they bad. They won't project their beliefs on you.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

A lack of belief in god. cool

grin whirelotus how come fieryy too did not state otherwise? It only means there is a principle and in every belief system there are principles which defines that system. The moment you stop adapting to the principle which defines that belief system you are no longer considered a part of it. A LACK OF BELIEF IN GOD IS A PRINCIPLE THAT PROPELS THE BELIEF SYSTEM CALLED ATHEISM. It is a mind setting, a conditioning.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Lolz, this is the reason why it's difficult to find irreligious single ladies in Naija.

So that religious nigerians will call her a daughter of satan?

Just go and see the abuse one kiki got because she supported gay rights on Twitter.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:

do you know what I wanna discuss with you? just give it a try. reply your mail. you are in deutsche. I'm not asking you out.

No means no.

#MeToo grin grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

No means no.

#MeToo grin grin

Hahaha, as in. Help o
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

When I revealed I'm an atheist to my cousin, she took it personal and was angry about some statements I made. That's just one instance.

So I imagine I wouldn't have been outspoken.

Also in Nigeria, people will literally hate you if you don't agree with the norm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

So that religious nigerians will call her a daughter of satan?

Just go and see the abuse one kiki got because she supported gay rights on Twitter.
Hmmm, the Hypocrisy in Nigeria is staggering sha.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
Since this is gradually turning into a rant thread. I want to rant about those, who always feel the need to preach to me.

I went to afroshop the other day, started talking to a guy who then asked me: 'Are you going to church tomorrow?'

I told him I was an atheist. This idiot accused me of worshipping the devil, said I was adapting a western belief and started quoting the bible up and down.

How am I adapting a western belief? HOOOOW?! When Christianity itself is not African!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

I am tired of dating Christians. I want something different.

I want a babe who wouldn't mind a court wedding. I want a babe who can discuss with me on an intellectual level.

Imagine being oppressed with religion at work only to find that your partner is planning tor you to go to a vigil. You actually dont have a partner tha can comfort you in this overreligious country.

If your babe has ever tithed her full first month salary and became a dull time financially dependent baby on your account, you would think twice.

That's hard o. But you know being an atheist is literally normal. It doesn't mean that person will tick all the boxes for you. She could be an atheist and still be dependent on you.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:
Since this is gradually turning into a rant thread. I want to rant about those, who always feel the need to preach to me.

I went to afroshop the other day, started talking to a guy who then asked me: 'Are you going to church tomorrow?'

I told him I was an atheist. This idiot accused me of worshipping the devil, said I was adapting a western belief and started quoting the bible up and down.

How am I adapting a western belief? HOOOOW?! When Christianity itself is not African!!!!

"Shebi you went to Germany and became an atheist".

grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

When I revealed I'm an atheist to my cousin, she took it personal and was angry about some statements I made. That's just one instance.

So I imagine I wouldn't have been outspoken.

Also in Nigeria, people will literally hate you if you don't agree with the norm.
You are right sha.

I guess the stigma or "hate" is most likely more for girls than guys like us...

Naija sha.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

I'm meant to believe there are 'progressive Christians'. Don't they exist in Nigeria?
Those ones are difficult to find, just like atheists are somewhat difficult to find in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

You are right sha.

I guess the stigma or "hate" is most likely more for girls than guys like us...

Naija sha.

Maybe it's normal for men to be irreligious in Nigeria. Go to prayer houses, it's mostly filled with women.

Also, women are the 'prayer warriors ' in most families grin.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

"Shebi you went to Germany and became an atheist".

grin

Lmaooooo grin

For real though, I'm traumatized grin grin grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

That's hard o. But you know being an atheist is literally normal. It doesn't mean that person will tick all the boxes for you. She could be an atheist and still be dependent on you.

Agreed.

There are good and bad people in every belief.

There are other things I want in a partner besides atheism. Intelligence- knows international politics. Loves travelling. Ready to try new things etc
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

Some Christians aren't they bad. They won't project their beliefs on you.
Really?

Maybe so. But believe the difference in religious orientation will spring up from time to time. It's inescapable.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
Those ones are difficult to find, just like atheists are somewhat difficult to find in Nigeria. undecided

So that means you are open to dating a progressive Christain?. I know it's hard to find.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Agreed.

There are good and bad people in every belief.

There are other things I want in a partner besides atheism. Intelligence- knows international politics. Loves travelling. Ready to try new things etc

So with that mindset, you could look into progressive Christians instead in terms of dating?.

The environment you are in makes it hard for you to easily find an atheist who is female.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
Really?

Maybe so. But believe the difference in religious orientation will spring up from time to time. It's inescapable.

In what ways will it spring up?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Maybe it's normal for men to be irreligious in Nigeria. Go to prayer houses, it's mostly filled with women.

Also, women are the 'prayer warriors ' in most families grin.
Lolz... for your mind now, you've escaped being a prayer warrior abi?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Lolz... for your mind now, you've escaped being a prayer warrior abi?

I was never one. grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
Really?

They definitely will, just like so many other things that have nothing to do with religion. I think as long as boundaries are set and you respect each other, you guys would be fine.

I personally wouldn't completely shut down Christians cheesy
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

The bold is but a form of deductive reasoning and logic.

If you dont have car papers, then you dont have a car. Simple and short.

The premises meet the conclusion.

The first premise is false, and false premise Will only give you a false conclusion. That's my point
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

No.

By the modern definition, atheism is not a belief system: it is a lack of belief
Is there an ancient definition? What's a belief system?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

I was never one. grin
Lolz, you would have... But you don run away.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

They definitely will, just like so many other things that have nothing to do with religion. I think as long as boundaries are set and you respect each other, you guys would be fine.

I personally wouldn't completely shut down Christians cheesy
Nah! I gave up on that chance. I mean, I tried that recently and it backfired. Things were going smoothly with this Christian girl, boundaries were set and agreed. Then one day suddenly she thought to invite me for a church programme.

Nah! I wasn't buying that shit. I declined and that was where things went downhill. This was recently. This year.

I've tried that before and got burnt. I ain't trying that anymore, anytime soon. embarassed
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

Nope, the suckling is an innate Knowledge to act that way when the breast is placed in the baby's mouth. The mother is in no way teaching the baby how to suckle by impressing her breast into the babies mouth. He is already born with the knowledge to do so. Unlike being taught with time how to use a chop stick to eat spaghetti.
Hope you know not all babies are able to suckle? And that's why I put it as a biological function that's impressed with time. What if I tell you that my knowledge of God is innate, would you agree?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

So that means you are open to dating a progressive Christain?. I know it's hard to find.

"progressive" Christian? grin

That's a funky word.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Lolz,
you would have... But you don run away.

You don't know me so you can to draw conclusions.

I didn't run away in that sense though grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can You Remember This Kid From Way Back.? (pic) / Guys Has Any Lady With Mini Skirt Sat Opposite U B4? / What Could Be My Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.