Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9262 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
biosystech:
Thank you for this. I've always wondered if humans are truly a tabula rasa from birth?

I'm borrowing your words.

How about crying to draw attention to a certain problem at that time?
How do you know babies cry because there is a problem? Where's the data to back up this claim?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

In what ways will it spring up?
in so many ways. The upbringing of the kids, choice of school, how they spend their time, etc.

The difference will definitely spring up. Not to talk of dealing with difficult, religious in-laws.

Please, that's one hell of a life of misery.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

The first premise is false, and false premise Will only give you a false conclusion. That's my point

I thought a false premise can you both true and false conclusions? cool.

I might be wrong though grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
"progressive" Christian? grin

That's a funky word.

Lol grin.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

I thought a false premise can you both true and false conclusions? cool.

I might be wrong though grin
Nope. Once the premise is false, the conclusion automatically is false.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
Nah! I gave up on that chance. I mean, I tried that recently and it backfired. Things were going smoothly with this Christian girl, boundaries were set and agreed. Then one day suddenly she thought to invite me for a church programme.

Nah! I wasn't buying that shit. I declined and that was where things went downhill. This was recently. This year.

I've tried that before and got burnt. I ain't trying that anymore, anytime soon. embarassed

Autsch embarassed

Sorry about that. I'd have been very irritated by her invitation as well.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Oh my! Seun grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Hope you know not all babies are able to suckle? And that's why I put it as a biological function that's impressed with time. What if I tell you that my knowledge of God is innate, would you agree?

Such an inability is a only a disability. Whether you like it or not, some Knowledge are innate while others are acquired.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

How do you know babies cry because there is a problem? Where's the data to back up this claim?

Data, you asking for data for common knowledge that is very instinctive even with animals?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:
in so many ways. The upbringing of the kids, choice of school, how they spend their time, etc.

The difference will definitely spring up. Not to talk of dealing with difficult, religious in-laws.

Please, that's one hell of a life of misery.

I understand especially about upbringing.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

Data, you asking for data for common knowledge that is very instinctive even with animals.
You call it common knowledge? You need to make more research, not just making unfounded statements
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

You don't know me so you can to draw conclusions.

I didn't run away in that sense though grin.
Well, I drew conclusion based on the fact that most married Nigerian women tend to be prayerful as a way of managing their marital problems.

And you're a Nigerian lady, so if not that you've "ran away", you would most likely be like them... But like you said, I don't know you, so might have been an exception.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

You call it common knowledge? You need to make more research, not just making unfounded statements

Nope such a knowledge is not a lost knowledge that needs searching for sir.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

Such an inability is a only a disability. Whether you like it or not, some Knowledge are innate while others are acquired.

Whether I like it or not is not proof on your part to back up your statement. Innatism is hogwash, there's no proof for it, just conjectures
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Well, I drew conclusion based on the fact that most married Nigerian women tend to be prayerful as a way of managing their marital problems.

And you're a Nigerian lady, so if not that you've "ran away", you would most likely be like them... But like you said, I don't know you, so might have been an exception.

Most married Nigerian women here are still very religious though. Even those popular Nigerian churches in Nigeria can be found here in major cities.

Even in the small city where my parents live, there's this Nigerian pastor that runs his own church there too grin.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Most married Nigerian women here are still very religious though. Even those popular Nigerian churches in Nigeria can be found here in major cities.

Even in the small city where my parents live, there's this Nigerian pastor that runs his own church there too grin.

Hmm,

So do you still go to church?
Like don't your parents force you to, since it seems like you still stay with them... I might be wrong though.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Hmm,

Like don't your parents force you to, since it seems like you still stay with them... I might be wrong though.

Parents force me kee? Lool grin grin

My dad doesn't care about religion, has never cared.

My mum is religious too but then she can't force me to go to church. I mean my younger brother isn't forced to go to church either cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Hmm,

Ps: My parents know I'm an atheist so it's not something I try to hide from them.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Ps: My parents know I'm an atheist so it's not something I try to hide from them.

Hmmm, I guess it's easier for you especially with your Dad not minding... But what about your Mom? Doesn't she pray for her daughter from time to time to receive "Christ" like most Nigerian Moms do. Lolz.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Hmmm, I guess it's easier for you especially with your Dad not minding... But what about your Mom? Doesn't she pray for her daughter from time to time to receive "Christ" like most Nigerian Moms do. Lolz.

You can't really change that you know grin grin.

I don't mind as long as she doesn't try to preach to me.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Whether I like it or not is not proof on your part to back up your statement. Innatism is hogwash, there's no proof for it, just conjectures

grin

Even in the medical field, not every illness is subjected to a laboratory test in order to make a proof. Ordinary symptoms makes a dictation as to what the problem is. We don't have to make a complexity of a simplicity just to project ourselves as men of knowledge. Such amounts to EGOCENTRICITY.

Babies instinctively know that their cry will draw attention and not their smiles if there is a problem they want to be attended to. What proof is there to look for in this?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

The first premise is false, and false premise Will only give you a false conclusion. That's my point

But the first premise isnt false.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

So with that mindset, you could look into progressive Christians instead in terms of dating?.

The environment you are in makes it hard for you to easily find an atheist who is female.

A progressive Christian would.be cool as well. I just want something different this time. It was magical for me with the swedish atheist babe I mentioned in the op
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Reality11: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:
Please, are there any atheist parties or get together?

I met a Swedish oyibo lady at a party here in Nigeria. Can you believe that we spent 3 days just talking? I think we are both sapiosexual. Unfortunately, she had to go back to her country for Christmas.

This swedish lady is an atheist. We had mutual friends and we met up as a group of 6 people at a house party. Everyone was talking about international politics and two of us just clicked. We both believe in liberal causes. I got her number from there and we just couldn't stop talking to each other. We went on only one date before she travelled back to her country.

I have tasted the good life. I cant go back to dating these religious mbekes. Any atheist girls here in Nigeria?

My preference will always be Nigerian but I haven't met any Nigerian female atheist.

I truly wonder how atheists meet each other here in Nigeria.

The chances to meet an atheist here in Nigeria is very very slim, even in the more secular western world where atheism is common what's the percentage of its adherent?

Then think of Nigeria the overall over religious capital of the world, lol grin what would the atheist population be? Only a small fraction I guess!

To add more to this, atheist here are not outspoken due to fear of stigmatization. Me in particular, I've been an atheist for over 10 years but not more than 5 persons know of it, in fact I've never meet an atheist offline all my life.

But the funny thing is that your neighbour might be an atheist too but you won't know due to the aforementioned

Beside I go to church sometimes, same with some atheist, agnostic, deist here. so it would to very hard to tell if one is or not.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Is there an ancient definition? What's a belief system?

Yes. There is an older definition that means someone who says there is no god.

A belief system is an ideology used to discern things
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Geminita1(f): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
There is no hope for you guys in anything. Remember you believe in a hopeless idea of life. You will die hopeless too.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Rules7: 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Smiles;;;

I see post like this and I just smile the Op who opened this thread is confused and unstable, I was like this before, I pray you dont get too deep with this crap ,you will commit suicide when the time comes.
Just an advice

;;;;Continues eating;;""

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Geminita1:
There is no hope for you guys in anything. Remember you believe in a hopeless idea of life. You will die hopeless too.

Well, that is your opinion. I am not hopeless. I am striving for something better.

Keep living your hopeful life that involves judging people anyhow.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Rules7:
Smiles;;;

I see post like this and I just smile the Op who opened this thread is confused and unstable, I was like this before, I pray you dont get too deep with this crap ,you will commit suicide when the time comes.
Just an advice

;;;;Continues eating;;""

The only confused and unstable thing here is your post. Other atheists are discussing and looking for answers while you can keep projecting your fears on us.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Yes. There is an older definition that means someone who says there is no god.

A belief system is an ideology used to discern things

How did it become redefined and why? Won't there be a re-definition in the future to fit a shifted position opposed to the current defination and becoming a dogma subscribed to as the present is being subscribed to while negating the past defination as invalid?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

A progressive Christian would.be cool as well. I just want something different this time. It was magical for me with the swedish atheist babe I mentioned in the op

Yea from my experience, most white people are atheist. I understand how you must have felt.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

The only confused and unstable thing here is your post. Other atheists are discussing and looking for answers while you can keep projecting your fears on us.

Don't mind him. He literally described himself in that post grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because She Has A Smelly Vagina / Function Of Sperm In Women. / Why Do Girls Give Me A Hard Time And Call Me Ugly (pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.