Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day (48314 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by midnighter(f): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha!

Why before New Year? Is there a catch?

Well the guy already gave her this one for Christmas, so I don't want her to find out what her New Year's gift will be...moreover who even knows what he's planning to wear that day, God have mercy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bukatyne(f): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
midnighter:

Well the guy already gave her this one for Christmas, so I don't want her to find out what her New Year's gift will be...moreover who even knows what he's planning to wear that day, God have mercy

Chai!

Before my family think I am crazy here.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by midnighter(f): 12:05am On Dec 29, 2019
bukatyne:

Chai!

Before my family think I am crazy here.

Hm! I no fit even laugh.

It would be better if before marrying, we could find out if some of them are real people or just reptiles in human skin ...Nawa

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Ilekokonit: 12:48am On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son room. I just don't know what to do again

There is something bothering your husband that he has not told you. That though is no reason for him to beat you.

You are going to have to be less confrontational and think outside the box to get to the bottom of this.

Write him a letter spelling out how you feel with no abusive words, seal the letter in an envelope and address it to him and put it somewhere he will find it himself.

If after reading the letter his heart doesn't melt then only prayers and maybe in extreme cases speaking to his mum can calm him down.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by mzhorlah(f): 1:29am On Dec 29, 2019
Have you tried asking him questions?
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by crackhaus: 4:40am On Dec 29, 2019
DavidEsq:

cheesy cheesy cheesy. I take God beg u, no let me disturb my family wey dey sleep abeg. grin grin grin
grin

bukatyne:
[code][/code]

I need to leave this thread!

I have been laughing since.

I have read the OP twice and I want to blame it on spiritual attack.

Nothing else makes sense if this is the true story.
cheesycheesy
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MajorWarren: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2019
He’s done this before?

And you’re still asking for advice

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 29, 2019
Cutehector:
Not that I am supporting him for hitting you ooo.. Never. But take a look at your words

You asked him to take a family picture and he snapped and slapped you just like that? I sha know that women are very good at removing a lot of details when narrating their own side of the story.
Look at words?

No amount of vabal rants/ assault equals physical assault. Nigerians/Africans need to know this!

Animals

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2019
Btw,seems fake/tales by moonlight stories have overtaken this section......hard to see genuine stuffs here these days

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 29, 2019
He is in the process of disengaging from you, probably because he has found out something you've done that he does not like. Did you leave something incriminating on your phone? Have you been physically or emotionally unfaithful recently? Have you been indiscreet, collected money from, or exchanged flirtatious messages with, someone that you should never have done so with? The questions are for you to think of; I don't expect you to answer any of them here.

He is in his man cave now; thinking of what to do with you, concerning this latest information he has obtained. He has a lot to think about, and you shouldn't disturb his train of thought for now. Just keep out of his way and behave normally. When he has come to a final decision, you will be the first to know either way.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by cooooooks(m): 7:41am On Dec 29, 2019
Madam, get out of that relationship before he kills you.

If you die in the name of "staying for the children", you won't be there for the children.

If you live in a big city, find out from women organizations how possible it is to compel alimony and child support payments.

Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group. On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him , I even sent the kids in their room to play , he later came out he only changed his top but didnt changed the trousers and trainers , I have decided not to say anything for peace to reign , so as we were leaving , I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.
I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine , no quarrel at all , I just dont understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God , I didnt say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out , his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reached hubby on the phone , I told him we are coming.
I cleaned myself ,change my clothes and I left with the kids to.his friend house , to my surprised he was already there , we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son room. I just don't know what to do again

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by baby124: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2019
I think your husband is cheating. He may think he’s in love with this woman and you all are an inconvenience all of a sudden. You would be surprised how some married men can fall in love. Crazy ones I tell you. OP, maybe the side chick bought the shirt that you said was not nice cheesy. On a serious note, it’s either he’s cheating and had plans that day. He tried to thwart the family plans but you get strong head.

Or he’s got a psychological problem. Please report this to your family and his. Get to the root of the matter. In the mean time find a safe place to stay and consider what is best for you and your kids. The next time he snaps, you may not survive it.

12 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by waledeji(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2019
thorpido:
That must be his own way of celebrating Christmas with you.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by AgwoAkpi: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
[s][quote author=waledeji post=85308563][/quote][/s]
my nigga
what's up
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
Enwhen:

The issue maybe before the preparation for your hubby's friend birthday, go and meet him now , beg him that u are sorry in other to resolve two possible reasons for his behaviour, first stage depression( maybe due to what he is facing in his place of work) or the fact that u know he doesn't have much dress like yourself , yet u were speaking like a novice.... Go beg him , he may not answer u immediately, keep crying while begging, it's a serious issue disturbing your husband, it may even be that he has been 'jaz' to just hate u for no reason ,... Go meet him now ,the earlier the better ...I suspect depression ...
[/s]
Trashed!
Now, let us wait for sensible comments ...

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Enwhen(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Trashed!
Now, let us wait for sensible comments ...

Is TRASH because it involves begging

NA U SUPPOSED GET THAT MAN AS HUSBAND FOR SERIOUS BEATING NOT ONLY XMAS DAY... but also NewYear, Easter , Eid Kabir, Eid maluud, Eid Fitri , Eid Mubarak, Independence day, Workers day, Children's day, infact all holidays .

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bdchange(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

NA U SUPPOSED GET THAT MAN AS HUSBAND FOR SERIOUS BEATING NOT ONLY XMAS DAY... but also NewYear, Easter , Eid Kabir, Eid maluud, Eid Fitri , Eid Mubarak, Independence day, Workers day, Children's day, infact all holidays .
grin grin una no go kill person on this forum. Wetin she do u nah to deserved this can cause.lolz

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

I dare any man to try that trash with me... grin
Oh Jehovah!
In fact, make e be say na you sef... Hahahahahaha.....

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2019
What a country. See speculations everywhere disguised/presented as facts. I wonder when Nigerians will stop being reactionary and wait for complete information before throwing the weight behind half-information before judgements is made

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bdchange(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2019
According to your explanation, your hubby must be suffering psychologically to behave in such manner. Yet there can be hundreds of reasons why he is behaving such. Or there is something else you are not saying. It just doesn't make sense for someone who doesn't beat you. Involve family member first that is after you find out he knows what he is doing. I pity women in this sham called marriage. They are allowed to take rubbish but the men can't or shouldn't.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bdchange(m): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Oh Jehovah!
You better be careful with what you asked for? It is better to leave an abusive marriage than trying to be Anthony Joshua grin. All men are not same oo. Before you even raise two hands..the next thing is hospital bed grin

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Kirinwa: 9:09am On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group. On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him , I even sent the kids in their room to play , he later came out he only changed his top but didnt changed the trousers and trainers , I have decided not to say anything for peace to reign , so as we were leaving , I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.
I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine , no quarrel at all , I just dont understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God , I didnt say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out , his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reached hubby on the phone , I told him we are coming.
I cleaned myself ,change my clothes and I left with the kids to.his friend house , to my surprised he was already there , we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

Next time, tell him to wear pampars because its obvious he's a baby literally.

That said, there's a difference between what we say and how people view it. Maybe he's having a wrong interpretation of what you say because he may feel the picture was to mock him or that you are commanding him or taking charge.

That's not enough reason to beat you nor any other reason whatsoever.

You should let him know firmly that he must NEVER lay his hands again to beat you. If he does, report him to welfare.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Enwhen(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2019
MariaAngeles:

Oh Jehovah!

Make e be say na me ko ??

I have never lay my hand on any woman and I pray not to do so , but for u to have dare me , Kai

If I Mary u, beacus of this, everyday na igbo(weed), shayo ogororo(dry gin) to get inspiration to beat u well well it wouldn't be Xmas day and holidays only but everyday until u beg and beg and becomes loyal and respectful...your daily meals will be beating that u will always remind me for ur beating daily... stubborn MariaAngeles.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

Make e be say na me ko ??

I have never lay my hand on any woman and I pray not to do so , but for u to have dare me , Kai

If I Mary u, beacus of this, everyday na igbo(weed), shayo ogororo(dry gin) to get inspiration to beat u well well it wouldn't be Xmas day and holidays only but everyday until u beg and beg and becomes loyal and respectful...your daily meals will be beating that u will always remind me for ur beating daily... stubborn MariaAngeles.
Woman beater like you ! Who knows sef ? You even worse pass op husband.
We know una type;
bitter and angry lots who think the world owes them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2019
Isn't he the one who needs to beg and apologize to her for beating her, and to the kids who witnessed the scene?

Enwhen:

[s]The issue maybe before the preparation for your hubby's friend birthday, go and meet him now , beg him that u are sorry in other to resolve two possible reasons for his behaviour, first stage depression( maybe due to what he is facing in his place of work) or the fact that u know he doesn't have much dress like yourself , yet u were speaking like a novice.... Go beg him , he may not answer u immediately, keep crying while begging, it's a serious issue disturbing your husband, it may even be that he has been 'jaz' to just hate u for no reason ,... Go meet him now ,the earlier the better ...I suspect depression ...[/s]

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Enwhen(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2019
theButterfly:
Isn't he the one who needs to beg and apologize to her for beating her, and to the kids who witnessed the scene?

How do u expect that kinda of person to beg, it is clear he is not in a stable mental state... He is being depressed or being manipulated , and she must act fast , before the madness push him to pack her loads out that she is a witch... I have seen many of such , that man is in a serious problem, he needs help

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by healthserve(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2019
Ilekokonit:

There is something bothering your husband that he has not told you. That though is no reason for him to beat you.

You are going to have to be less confrontational and think outside the box to get to the bottom of this.

Write him a letter spelling out how you feel with no abusive words, seal the letter in an envelope and address it to him and put it somewhere he will find it himself.

If after reading the letter his heart doesn't melt then only prayers and maybe in extreme cases speaking to his mum can calm him down.

But if somethings wrong with the husband, shouldn't he talk what the issue is. After all, marriage is for adults not children

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by midnighter(f): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

How do u expect that kinda of person to beg, it is clear he is not in a stable mental state... He is being depressed or being manipulated , and she must act fast , before the madness push him to pack her loads out that she is a witch... I have seen many of such , that man is in a serious problem, he needs help

Exactly but since the sound of her voice is already enough to send him mad, its better if she leaves and comes back later.

The guy is not all right; the begging might annoy him even more.

She should just totally avoid him before he snaps and causes her a serious injury.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2019
Stop making excuses for him. It's he who needs to apologize to her. If he's remorseful about his actions, he need not be told before doing so.

There's absolutely no excuse for domestic violence. It's he who is being manipulative, as he has been acting like she wronged him after beating her - when he's the one at fault. To say that is manipulative behavior is an understatement.

Enwhen:

[s]How do u expect that kinda of person to beg, it is clear he is not in a stable mental state... He is being depressed or being manipulated , and she must act fast , before the madness push him to pack her loads out that she is a witch... I have seen many of such , that man is in a serious problem, he needs help[/s]

13 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by leonard002(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2019
Nothing justifies physical abuse. You need to talk about it with him, one on one. Has he always been like this? What changed?
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2019
bdchange:

You better be careful with what you asked for? It is better to leave an abusive marriage than trying to be Anthony Joshua grin. All men are not same oo. Before you even raise two hands..the next thing is hospital bed grin
Raise hands ? Me ? Nooo
I kuku do not have the strength to fight o, but God Almighty blessed me with 3strong brothers ( tall hefty men at that o), so I'd like to see the bastârd who dares to hurt their sister ( princess like me kee )

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Goddeywithme: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2019
Plead:

Look at words?

No amount of vabal rants/ assault equals physical assault. Nigerians/Africans need to know this!

Animals

I disagree with you 100%

Verbal assaults can be emotionally and psychologically damaging. Their impacts last for years and destroys people. Sometimes it is more lethal and leaves no trace, in the sense that it can drive the victim to suicide, and leaves the guilty party free to walk away innocently, because there is no evidence. Comments like yours make women feel they have the God given right to use their tongue to kill a man's soul, believing it is acceptable and has no consequence. Not so sir.

I beg you to read up on psychological books on the evidence of the destructiveness of emotional and verbal assaults.

As many have said, op's story doesn't add up. I am waiting for the fuller picture before I....

Just as many women say that the day a man lays a hand in them, that is the end of the marriage/relationship. I often say, the day a woman verbally or emotionally or psychologically insults me, that is the end of the relationship /marriage. This mindset has led me to avoid abusive women.

Some women will come here now and say but that is just a way for a woman to vent her frustration. Thus makes me laugh when I hear it. My reply to them is this, what if I tell u that a man beating u is his way of letting out his frustration?

My advice to women is if u want a shouting match or want to show ur prowess in verbal assaults, go finds a fellow woman. For men, if u want to show ur strength, go find a fellow man and have a boxing match.

I know the impact of emotional and psychological abuse by women. I know men who have committed suicide because of that, and the woman continues to enjoy life.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of An Identical Mother & Daughter / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.