Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day (48354 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by ashewoboy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
A
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by uuzba(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
crackhaus:
1. I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

2. I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly.

After giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming this is exactly how it happened - then your husband has definitely gone mad to react to absolutely nothing.
Please politely ask him if there is madness running in his family, make sure you ask him from a safe distance because he will surely use the nearest furniture to kill you.

Madness does not have a cure, but it can be managed.
Arrange to have him put in chains and get him on medications till everything returns to normal.
After marrying and borning pikin? Is now you want to ask about his family madness?
All you people that cannot hold your prick before marriage.

Ask all relevant and necessary questions before marriage. Investigate the family before marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by bns4eva: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ardar:
What are you still doing in that marriage? Is it when he finally kills you that you'll understand that your horseband is gradually turning into a beast.

I don't know when women in abusive marriages will get sense, the day any man lays his finger on me especially when unprovoked will be the end of the peace and sanity in that marriage.

We will fight to our last breath, it's either he kills me or I kill him or we kill each other, but if we both survive he won't try such rubbish again.

Na them, they want you to be like them..Run !
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by praz001(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
Originalsly:

Let me be clear... your husband should not hit you.
Now the breakdown..... by now you should know your husband well enough to see the signs when he need to be left alone. From what you wrote... this is how I see it.

1/2. Is he a child for you to pick what clothes he should wear?...to his friend's occasion? He dressed casual.... do you know if after the celebration they planned going fishing?...a football game?...or hang out somewhere where casual is the wear?

3. After not liking his casual everyday dress look..... are you trying to let me believe you would be polite in telling him to go and change? At this point.... you are adding salt to the wound... really treating him like a child. ...picking what he should wear and now he need to go and change.

4/5/6 He got angry... which you knew.... and didn't want to be pissed off by anything else you may say so he asked you to he quiet....went in the room to simmer down before coming out.

7/8 You decided not to say anything ....for peace to reign.... but said something anyway?....and still expect peace to reign?

9. Why are you now surprised that he snapped?

He knows himself and was trying to avoid this situation. Madam when people snap.... nothing is off limit. If you never knew...now you know he has a breaking point... learn to read the signs to stay clear of danger. Know your husband.

Alright....
But raising his Hands to beat a woman, not just a woman THE ONE WHO BORE HIM CHILDREN is absolutely wrong....

To me ooo! based on the write up and should it be truth, the husband need a brain check... That's how it usually start...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by uuzba(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

She even went to the party to pretend all is well. People like her license battery. He will do worse and expect her to cover it up. The way she's already acted, she probably will. Her children will bear the scars of her complacence with her life.

It's a stupid behaviour.
OP woman is just a pretender and cover artist. Things are not fine, you won't talk. You still snapping picture and opening teeth. And that is what you husband beat you for. Instead of asking him, "Dear what is wrong?" Maybe he's even a yahoo boy.
OP is so foolish and caught up in herself she has no idea what her husband is up to and she isn't concerned either. Just to snap picture and attend party

The husband will bash her up before new year and she must cover up that one again... Open her big teeth and snap more pictures on Instagram.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Goddeywithme: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
folks4luv:

If a guy who has served in the military for 15 years or even less verbally assault you will you vent your frustration through physical assault on him or you will calculate your weaknesses against him and find an alternative? The truth is, some men vent frustration on their wives cause they know they can handle them. A civilian married to a military woman won't try it

Based on ur analysis, a woman married to a soldier won't try it also.

Pls ma'am, my point is that verbal assault is wrong. Just as physical assault is wrong. If I did not explain it well, I am sorry.

But let me repeat it. Verbal assault is wrong, whether done by man or woman, whether the victim is man or woman.
Physical assault is wrong, whether done by man or woman, whether the victim is man or woman.

Hope I made my point clearer this time ma'am

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by lomprico(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again

Boom! you just realised you married an immature brat. Sorry.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Ivypresh(f): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
Well honestly if u did nothing wrong stop trying to beg him so he can feel remorse.... If he does not apologize move on with ur life, if it happens again u have to involve both families so that he will not come and go and kill u

He has started it and he is going to make it an habit in other to blow out steams(punching bag)

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Successmind(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Narrate the story to a respected elder in the family so that he could be begeged or(talked) to on your behalf for peace to rain in your home.... settling things between each Oda "alone"might not make the matter die easily.... but seek the wisdom of an elder to solve all grudges....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by hermesprogidy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Who else thinks the headline of this thread is daft?
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by uuzba(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
olaodun:
Sorry for what had happened if what you said is the true picture however
Please discuss with him to know your offence and let conscience guide you if you are guilty of what he said and apologize and also demand your apology from for beating you and forgive and forget for the sake of your family and children
if he does not listen to you discuss with the close person he respects and listens to to resolve the issue and move on life is more complex than to be busy with with irrelevant issues .This is my little contribution
This woman is oblivious of her husband's work. Maybe he does JuJu to get money.but the foolish woman doesn't know, doesn't ask questions and just wants to party and snap pictures.
The husband is deeply worried and angry and stuff but the wife is unconcerned.
Hence the beating...
Before new year, he will do another one again
He could have lost his job, or business.
But the stupid women is will not ask about this
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by purpleicious(f): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Pray for him.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Youngsage: 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
crackhaus:
1. I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

2. I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly.

After giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming this is exactly how it happened - then your husband has definitely gone mad to react to absolutely nothing.
Please politely ask him if there is madness running in his family, make sure you ask him from a safe distance because he will surely use the nearest furniture to kill you.

Madness does not have a cure, but it can be managed.
Arrange to have him put in chains and get him on medications till everything returns to normal.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
karli4nia:

Isi Aki! Isi okpo!
Nwanne, olia ?
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by YelloweWest: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ok even of you insulted your husband, he has no right to slap u and beat u up like that in front of your children.

Come up with an exit plan, your marriage should come to an end except u want a life of long suffering or u want to die there. Moreover your sons will most likely be worse than their father and your daughters will end up with abusive men just like their father.

It's best you end it. Besides, your husband is frustrated and is taking his anger out on u!

But wait, why did u even go out after the beating? U made him think his actions were normal and acceptable.

Start up a business no matter how small or get a job, you need an income for your exit.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by MariaAngeles: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
purpleicious:
Pray for him.
Just like that ?
Who prays for her then ? undecided
Her heart needs healing ...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by YelloweWest: 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
olaodun:
Sorry for what had happened if what you said is the true picture however
Please discuss with him to know your offence and let conscience guide you if you are guilty of what he said and apologize and also demand your apology from for beating you and forgive and forget for the sake of your family and children
if he does not listen to you discuss with the close person he respects and listens to to resolve the issue and move on life is more complex than to be busy with with irrelevant issues .This is my little contribution
When some frustrated fool starts punching your sister or daughter, give her this advise! undecided
In today's world abusive relationship should not be tolerated!
What if she died
Didn't u hear of the man that beat his wife to death that same Christmas day?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by SHOCK7(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
thorpido:
That must be his own way of celebrating Christmas with you.
U're very silly! Someone is tabling a serious issue
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by uuzba(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

,,,,,,,,go on your kneels and apologise ..... so go on your kneels now.

KNEES
(No "L"wink

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by oshaosha2014(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
These your words can be taken to the bank and it will yield returns. No mind them. They only come online to make mouth.

healthserve:

Here they come single ladies trying to seduce married women out of their marriages to join the leagues of pseudo-independent but frustrated women.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Mydazz(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
The only thing I have to say is "Fear Women",....... Especially when they say they did or say something POLITELY
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by YelloweWest: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
Originalsly:

Let me be clear... your husband should not hit you.
Now the breakdown..... by now you should know your husband well enough to see the signs when he need to be left alone. From what you wrote... this is how I see it.

1/2. Is he a child for you to pick what clothes he should wear?...to his friend's occasion? He dressed casual.... do you know if after the celebration they planned going fishing?...a football game?...or hang out somewhere where casual is the wear?

3. After not liking his casual everyday dress look..... are you trying to let me believe you would be polite in telling him to go and change? At this point.... you are adding salt to the wound... really treating him like a child. ...picking what he should wear and now he need to go and change.

4/5/6 He got angry... which you knew.... and didn't want to be pissed off by anything else you may say so he asked you to he quiet....went in the room to simmer down before coming out.

7/8 You decided not to say anything ....for peace to reign.... but said something anyway?....and still expect peace to reign?

9. Why are you now surprised that he snapped?

He knows himself and was trying to avoid this situation. Madam when people snap.... nothing is off limit. If you never knew...now you know he has a breaking point... learn to read the signs to stay clear of danger. Know your husband.
What if madam snaps back and pour him hot oil while asleep? That would be fair game right

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by richie240: 5:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Thank you so much everyone for your advice . Like I said earlier nothing actually happened between us before Christmas , everything was okey , on Monday December 23rd we went out shopping for Christmas after we took the kids out to the playgrounds and we ended the day with a nice dinner at the restaurant. On Christmas morning we woke up fine no arguments, he left the house and went to get his hair cut, I picked up his clothes and left it on the bed by the time he get back so he can wear them, he came back very normal on a good mood , the only time he got angry was when I asked him to go and change , I didn’t raise my voice , I only told him the clothes doesn’t look nice for the special occasion that was when he told me to keep quiet and I did. He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood. Yes He beat me just because I have asked him to take a family picture , I swear to God I’m telling the truth and if I’m not lying because it won’t put any money to my bank account. This is the 2nd beating after 6 years of marriage but this is one was worse than the first one. Something did happened back in October ( his fault) but we have already settle everything and went back to normal. I know it doesn’t make sense to some of you , even myself I just don’t understand why did he beat me with so much hatred when I did nothing wrong
If you have stated it as it is, without any 'colouring' then, I'll advise u to take it cool with him. Something (else) is really eating him up. Perhaps finances or sth else.
Since this is d 2nd time in over 6+ yrs u've known him dt he has beaten u, it shows he's not d average wife beater we have around.
You know him better than everyone of us. Only u (with God's help) can solve D's matter.
Another tn of note is DT, just as the sheep looks passively at d same tn DT makes d dog bark, men and women are #Totally wired differently. What the average woman regard as "talk", " gist", "gentle reminder" , can be "nagging" to the average man. Also, d average man have ego; what u term "politely told him to do sth" can be termed "talking to me anyhow" cheesy by some men. Many women fail to realize this! Sorry, I'm just keeping it real.

Study him, learn to give him (his) space whenever u notice he's moody and not ready to talk.
Once again, the success of this marriage lies majorly with u.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Layoo91: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
Call him when u think he is happy, beg him and ask him wat is ur offence, so that u can correct it and because u dnt want something like this to happen again
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by chrisj2(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
uuzba:

It's a stupid behaviour.
OP woman is just a pretender and cover artist. Things are not fine, you won't talk. You still snapping picture and opening teeth. And that is what you husband beat you for. Instead of asking him, "Dear what is wrong?" Maybe he's even a yahoo boy.
OP is so foolish and caught up in herself she has no idea what her husband is up to and she isn't concerned either. Just to snap picture and attend party

The husband will bash her up before new year and she must cover up that one again... Open her big teeth and snap more pictures on Instagram.

I absolutely agree with the woman being wrapped up in her own vain world. Why on earth will you ask you husband to go and change? Is he a child and does he not know how to dress before or does he not know how he wants to present himself to his friends and others? Moreover, the woman even said, he only changed his top - meaning she was still not satisfied with him; like she is the mother or something. Some woman attach too much to inanities, the mundane and the pointless. It was an outing and to him it was no big deal - so why is she hassling? If she is like this on this occasion, what is she like that most of the time?

I married a broke single mother that decides to tell me what to wear at the wedding? Telling me about this shoe or that watch... And wanting to wear off-white tailored wedding dress for a court wedding? Something that I wanted to do small and was just doing it as a favour or because of my family - not hers! I could not give a damn. If they want their pregnant single mother back - they were welcome to her. I showed her photos of my siblings - successful ones that got married at a registry wearing simple tailored woman suits but women are so vain...

The husband should not have beaten the woman . In fact, I would have refused to go anywhere with her... Or tell her to go ahead with the children and that I might join her when I have cooled down or not.

I can see and understand why asking to take family (happy family) photos was the last straw... End days for that marriage if she does not wise up or if he carries on using his fist instead of brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by YelloweWest: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
back2sender:

Naa your mouth dey kill you.

If your husband like he can wear pant to the party that's its business and not yours.

The most important thing is that he provides for his family his primary priority all other concerns is secondary.
No u are wrong, husbands body belongs to wife and vise versa. If not no need to get married. Would support a wife that wear what her husband disapprove of?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Wettoid123: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
midnighter:

You are not saying the right thing sir.

If she wants to go somewhere and the husband has not disapproved of her movement she can go. You want her to stay inside wallowing and crying that the shameless dude who doesn't know how to express himself like an adult wanted to finish her

If she was willing and felt that she was able to honour the invitation and continue with her plans for the evening then you have no right to condemn her.

How can you complain that she cleaned herself up? Remember that the crazy guy even left without the kids. How will it look for them on Christmas day if she just sits on the floor holding her face?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make but it's sounding somehow.

An invitation she wanted to go with her husband and the shameless man beat her up and attended the party alone without the wife or kids and this same woman shamelessly dust her body and held on to the same party that your husband was not even proud of taking you to haaaaaaaaa 'I believe you don't even know the intricacies of marriage cos you are still single' in marriage respect is reciprocal if you tell your man that you are a rag be sure you will be use as a rag or maybe the woman in question is even a dependent woman she have no option than to be 100percent loyal too bad.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by YelloweWest: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Madam madam madam.... I like myself for one thing. I'll always say things as they are.
Now.... Are you sure the tone of correction was one of love or command?
You know I see some married women trying to act like commando because they feel, he has already married me na, so I can talk to him any how. Men dont like it.
Your husband is not a monster that he'll just Pounce on you like that and start beating you for no reason. There must have been something about the tone of your message that made him do that.

Ok...he went in to change at your command, instead of you to read his countenance to be sure he's not angry, you said you people should snap. Now I'm guessing you even handed him your phone and was like " oya take, snap us" like new some errand boy. I'm guessing ni o cos I know what some of us can do.

Look you don't just always have to be the one calling the shots cos if you check both scenarios, you did all the talking meaning you were calling the shots like, go and change, oya come and snap us". haba! Check am na. If na you nkor. And men dont like to be ordered around.

Maybe for oga mind, he don spoot to kill. You telling him to go and change will make him feel, "yei! I no impress sha". He swallowed it. You come give another order? You brought it upon yourself.
Next time even if you don't like what he's wearing, you can crack a joke that both of you will laugh to. Even use kiss drag him inside and say nice things to him so he doesn't feel controlled.

Try to understand your man. Since he has not done.such before, go on your kneels and apologise that you won't control him again and see if he'll not admit that was your wrong. Swallow your pride and do the needful. He don marry you so go on your kneels now.
Shut the fùck up with all your assumptions! He had no right to humiliate her like that especially in front of their children! This is why every woman should have a means of income before marriage! No man can try this shìt with a financially independent woman! Just because we in Nigeria, if not he would be in jail by now! If u are provoked for whatever reason, walk away! U have no right what so ever to hit anyone except your children for correction. Any other thing is a CRIME!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by ppeessuu: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
Goddeywithme I like ur analysis a lot n I totally concur to it but in my own case I have developed an absorber that no AMT of women insult would move me but the cross line for any woman no matter ur leve is to raise ur hand n hit me then u will receive the beating of ur life.
From the op narration what I can conclude is that the man did the intentionally n it is very wrong. But men can sometimes snap by heating a woman just once not continuous beating.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by webngnews: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
Oh
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by midnighter(f): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Wettoid123:

An invitation she wanted to go with her husband and the shameless man beat her up and attended the party alone without the wife or kids and this same woman shamelessly dust her body and held on to the same party that your husband was not even proud of taking you to haaaaaaaaa 'I believe you don't even know the intricacies of marriage cos you are still single' in marriage respect is reciprocal if you tell your man that you are a rag be sure you will be use as a rag or maybe the woman in question is even a dependent woman she have no option than to be 100percent loyal too bad.

So what would you rather she had done? All these things youre writing have nothing to do with the fact that she went with her kids to the occasion.

She said that the man went out without telling her where he was going and she was surprised to see him there.

Youre just typing all sorts that dont even relate to the topic. Respect is reciprocal and respect starts with respecting yourself! Why cant she go somewhere if she feels like going
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Validcode: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Looks like he has a problem with side chic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Sister Is Missing (photos) / Man Who Rescued Baby Girl Dumped By Road Side In Enugu Shares Her New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.