Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day (48316 Views)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by SHOCK7(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
OK. Your husband is simply lashing out. Allow him pick his clothes, don't seek to control him. If he asks for your input, good and fine. You probably tabbed his looks, and he retaliated with beating.
Still not good enough reason for the beating!!

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by BRATISLAVA: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
uuzba:

It's a stupid behaviour.
OP woman is just a pretender and cover artist. Things are not fine, you won't talk. You still snapping picture and opening teeth. And that is what you husband beat you for. Instead of asking him, "Dear what is wrong?" Maybe he's even a yahoo boy.
OP is so foolish and caught up in herself she has no idea what her husband is up to and she isn't concerned either. Just to snap picture and attend party

The husband will bash her up before new year and she must cover up that one again... Open her big teeth and snap more pictures on Instagram.

She's more interested in pretending and covering up. Anything to look like everything is well. Your prophecy on the new year version may come to pass. Some of them just want to look good in people's eyes.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Aboguede(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Smart

It makes sense sha

OgunLaakaye:
You need to reset him.

Arrange guys to help you beat him up very well.

And you will be the same one to help him use hot water and balm to massage. That way, you will get closer again
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by TruthSpeaker: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2019
LET’S ALWAYS SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, BUT MADAM YOUR STORY DOESN’T ADD UP AT ALL. JUST AFTER TAKING A FAMILY PICTURE , THE NEXT THING WAS A SLAP? WAS IT MEANT TO SERVE AS A FLASH FOR THE CAMERA? WE WILL NEED TO HEAR FROM HIM BEFORE PASSING JUDGMENT. THE BEATING HAS NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER, BUT HIS SIDE OF THE STORY IS PARAMOUNT.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Goddeywithme: 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
ppeessuu:
Goddeywithme I like ur analysis a lot n I totally concur to it but in my own case I have developed an absorber that no AMT of women insult would move me but the cross line for any woman no matter ur leve is to raise ur hand n hit me then u will receive the beating of ur life.
From the op narration what I can conclude is that the man did the intentionally n it is very wrong. But men can sometimes snap by heating a woman just once not continuous beating.

You are correct, if the OP is giving us an accurate picture. However, there are gaps that make me wonder if I have understood what really transpired. That does not mean she is lying, or deliberately not saying the truth. No no no. I am only saying I am suspending my judgement because I am unsure if I fully understand the situation.

By the way, I have only read OP's statements on 1st and second page (I think). Maybe she has released more information that has created a fuller picture. If she has and I am still saying she needs to give us more information, then I am sorry.

Thank you sir.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by chrisj2(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
YelloweWest:

Shut the fùck up with all your assumptions! He had no right to humiliate her like that especially in front of their children! This is why every woman should have a means of income before marriage! No man can try this shìt with a financially independent woman! Just because we in Nigeria, if not he would be in jail by now! If u are provoked for whatever reason, walk away! U have no right what so ever to hit anyone except your children for correction. Any other thing is a CRIME!

OMG! This one has spoiled everything now with this comment. So having money means the woman can order the man around and his emotions will be in perfect check because he knows the woman will not take shit from him? Come on!

The man went to the room for 1 hour to cool off and even decided to make an effort to change. In all that time the woman did nto even bother to go and talk to him or even sense that he is not pleased... Give me a break. Your financial independence is what will actually make that man move straight out of the house because if it were me, I know the children will be alright for money at least...

If women think having their own money is all that it takes to get respect, then they are wrong. This woman knows deep inside that she pushed things too far - and he has practically separated from her within the same house. What sort of threat is her being financially independent going to have to solving this issue?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
uuzba:

KNEES
(No "L"wink

Not me. Auto correct. If I type one thing by the time I post, I'll see another thing and I dont have all day to be modifying post.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by DeeMain(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
First off, thumbs down to him for beating you. Shame on him.

Now, to your questions for which you seek answers:

1. Like many people have said he may have bottled anger due some previous slight, grievance or disrespect.

2. He may be feeling he is not good enough for you as a result of the things that happened in the past or the 'October incidence' and so got triggered by you telling him to go and change. So a simple go and change can be interpreted as: I am not good enough for her and she is not accepting me as I am and is ashamed of me and so is asking me to go and change.

3. It may be your tone of voice or attitude or body language when you said what you said. Remember, your tone and attitude are usually unconscious and only the receiver(s) or observers can attest to its quality.

4. Lastly, it may not be you, it may be him. Perhaps he's carrying an old baggage or pain or hurt which got triggered by you. When broken people snap it's on them. If this is true, then he needs therapy to heal.

I once asked my girlfriend while we were about to go out, to change her top which had the inscription, 'I am an Assassin' and all hell was let loose and even afterwards she gave me the silent treatment for a full 1 month as a result, not including the ruined date.

Later found out it had nothing to do with me. She had a deep feeling of being not good enough and a deep fear of rejection, which had something to do with a traumatic childhood experience. My harmless request was the trigger the volcano needed to unleash its fire and lava.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by luvmijeje(f): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Thank you so much everyone for your advice . Like I said earlier nothing actually happened between us before Christmas , everything was okey , on Monday December 23rd we went out shopping for Christmas after we took the kids out to the playgrounds and we ended the day with a nice dinner at the restaurant. On Christmas morning we woke up fine no arguments, he left the house and went to get his hair cut, I picked up his clothes and left it on the bed by the time he get back so he can wear them, he came back very normal on a good mood , the only time he got angry was when I asked him to go and change , I didn’t raise my voice , I only told him the clothes doesn’t look nice for the special occasion that was when he told me to keep quiet and I did. He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood. Yes He beat me just because I have asked him to take a family picture , I swear to God I’m telling the truth and if I’m not lying because it won’t put any money to my bank account. This is the 2nd beating after 6 years of marriage , but this is one was worse than the first one. Something did happened back in October ( his fault) but we have already settle everything and went back to normal. I know it doesn’t make sense to some of you , even myself I just don’t understand why did he beat me with so much hatred when I did nothing wrong

He is cheating on you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by silkiss: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Thank you so much everyone for your advice . Like I said earlier nothing actually happened between us before Christmas , everything was okey , on Monday December 23rd we went out shopping for Christmas after we took the kids out to the playgrounds and we ended the day with a nice dinner at the restaurant. On Christmas morning we woke up fine no arguments, he left the house and went to get his hair cut, I picked up his clothes and left it on the bed by the time he get back so he can wear them, he came back very normal on a good mood , the only time he got angry was when I asked him to go and change , I didn’t raise my voice , I only told him the clothes doesn’t look nice for the special occasion that was when he told me to keep quiet and I did. He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood. Yes He beat me just because I have asked him to take a family picture , I swear to God I’m telling the truth and if I’m not lying because it won’t put any money to my bank account. This is the 2nd beating after 6 years of marriage , but this is one was worse than the first one. Something did happened back in October ( his fault) but we have already settle everything and went back to normal. I know it doesn’t make sense to some of you , even myself I just don’t understand why did he beat me with so much hatred when I did nothing wrong

Please harden your mind and carry your own face... And be crying at it... Going to say sorry means you deserve the beatings you got.. Also avoid him during this period

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by naijacentric(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cutehector:
Not that I am supporting him for hitting you ooo.. Never. But take a look at your words

You asked him to take a family picture and he snapped and slapped you just like that? I sha know that women are very good at removing a lot of details when narrating their own side of the story.

Edited: and to all those quoting me telling me on no account should a man hit a woman.. It seems you all have serious issues with reading. Please study the first paragraph before thinking of quoting me.
you are wise inshort too much sense will not kill you she edited where she offended the man but i am not justifying he beat her o. She dint give us the full gist
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Amanda4life: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again

By now , you should have under stood the man you married by now.

If I were you, I will simply praise him in respect of the rag called clothe he is wearing.
While my children and I put on the nicest cloth ever.

I beg I wouldn't let somebody to disfigure me for my children.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by oglalasioux(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
Watch your tone while talking to your man. He's not your boy but your husband. No matter how right you think you are on an issue watch how you present it to him.

To resolve this matter simply call him and tell him you'll never talk to him as if he's a small child again. There's nothing else making him angry apart from how you talk to him like you are his primary school teacher.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Amanda4life: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
chrisj2:

OMG! This one has spoiled everything now with this comment. So having money means the woman can order the man around and his emotions will be in perfect check because he knows the woman will not take shit from him? Come on!

The man went to the room for 1 hour to cool off and even decided to make an effort to change. In all that time the woman did nto even bother to go and talk to him or even sense that he is not pleased... Give me a break. Your financial independence is what will actually make that man move straight out of the house because if it were me, I know the children will be alright for money at least...

If women think having their own money is all that it takes to get respect, then they are wrong. This woman knows deep inside that she pushed things too far - and he has practically separated from her within the same house. What sort of threat is her being financially independent going to have to solving this issue?

Money brings respect for any woman

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by golddare: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Go to him at night to apologise, tell him to forgive you but ask the Holy Spirit to help you before going.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Jay4joy: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
"He took 1 hour just to change the T-shirt to a shirt and I wasn’t not happy but I didn’t say anything because he wasn’t in the right mood".

Your husband went into the room about an hour to change his shirt and you NOT concerned about what happened to or what took so long to come out

You prepared to go for an outing and your husband is passing through a challenge you care less to know about for an hour.

He came out after about an hour. You own concern is family shot, I do not support beating a woman but you showed no concerns what happened in that room for one hour.

He is probably angry he survived fainting attack.

Try to know what happened in that room for an hour where you showed no concerns. The problem will be revealed. Enjoy your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Bar1941(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:

Maybe he has phobia for Xmas cos I don't know why a man should beat up his lovely wife on such a lovely day. Orisirisi something.

His second time of beating you and you are still there forming good wife! You better report him before he kills you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by naijacentric(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:
i am sorry ma but whats the age difference btw you and your man, this is one of the reasons i frown at women always marrying older men dey dont connect with dis men dont joke with their ego probably he is bottling up bad emotions which he released on u. Sorry once more

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by DavidEsq(m): 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
LINTUNE:
grin..amebo kee u there,woman wraper
How amebo and woman wrapper take now?

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by ominirajj: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Village people at work
Mrsprissy:
Good evening my brothers and sisters in the house. First , I am not a troll . I've been a member on NL since 2008 and am very active, but I prefer using a new account for my story to seek advice and also learn from other experienced people in this great group.

On christmas day hubby and I were invited to attend a special dinner at his friend's house and I picked a nice outfit for him to wear on the day, he wore another outfit, a t shirt and jeans his every day clothes so I asked him politely to go and change, he got angry at me and told me to keep quiet and he went inside.

He was in our room for an hour while the kids and I were still waiting for him, I even sent the kids in their room to play, he later came out he only changed his top but didn't changed the trousers and trainers. I had decided not to say anything for peace to reign, so as we were leaving, I asked him if we could take a family picture, he just snapped and slapped me and started beating me up so badly, he only stopped because my children were screaming and crying for him to stop.

I am so pained because before the incident happened, we were fine, no quarrel at all, I just don't understand his reasons for beating me like this and I swear to God, I didn't say something to make him this angry, he left me there and went out, his friend later called to know if we were still coming because he couldn't reach hubby on the phone, I told him we are coming.

I cleaned myself, changed my clothes and I left with the kids to his friend's house, to my surprise he was already there, we acted like everything was normal and I tried hard to stop tears coming because I was in pained.

For the past 3 days he has been acting as if I did wronged him, he doesn't talk to me, he doesn't eat my foods and he left the room and he is now sleeping in our son's room. I just don't know what to do again
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by chrisj2(m): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:

By now , you should have under stood the man you married by now.

If I were you, I will simply praise him in respect of the rag called clothe he is wearing.
While my children and I put on the nicest cloth ever.

I beg I wouldn't let somebody to disfigure me for my children.

Casual is not a rag! He is going to his friend's christmas get-together - not a wedding or job interview... He must have gone there before and he knows what he needs to do. You picked clothes for him yet he decided to go casual - WORD!
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by naijacentric(m): 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ardar:
angry angry All these people advising you to beg him, talk to him, ask him what you did wrong blah blah blah are all hypocrites.

If the reverse was the case, all of them would advise the man to leave the marriage ASAP.

I am even surprise no body has asked you to pray for him to change.
mr prayer shey everything na prayer na hin naija neva beta with all of una prayee the woman dint give us full gist how can the man just beat over such reasons we are not fools now
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by evergenuineshop: 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
You indirectly told your husband that he is incapable of dressing himself properly when you decide to choose those clothes for him.

Anytime you doubt a man's ability to do something, you are indirectly looking for problem.

Don't ever tell your husband what to do in any situation unless he ask you to do so.

Men have pride and you just stung his pride by telling him what to wear.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by megareal: 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Graxie:
Get it that my husband can never beat me, let it sink in your head. I know and I am sure, my home is far different from what you guys have and portray on nairaland. He can never snap to beat me, oh before I forget, this year makes it 16years of my knowing him. Men with head don't snap to beat their wives. Don't bother about my kids, the home they are coming out from and the type of father they have is already a testament that they won't beat their wives. As per my daughter, she will choose right.
Your husband is just like mine. Please hail him on my behalf. God bless him.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by chrisj2(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
Amanda4life:

Money brings respect for any woman

Having your own money bring some sort of respect in the way you are treated as regards money issues and your options if the man does not treat you right. However, this topic has nothing at all to do with money... And the lack of respect is coming from the woman. In fact, she is clueless in her own marriage - she does not even know she has upset her husband who chose to cool off for 1 hour before coming out. That outing should have not gone ahead for all concerned. They should fix themselves instead of worrying about going out or dressing up

I do not care about dressing up personally but i support a lot of people that will rather be vain instead of being financially independent. Some of our people have poverty mentality and like flossing and showing off too much. I wear what i want - and if the other person is not happy, they can move on with their life.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by mrdino(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mrsprissy:

I presume that your version of the story is true and that you didn't leave out some important details, the following are my suspicion;

1. There's something (which might be unrelated to the particular incident) your husband is holding against you, which he has not let out. Maybe an unconfirmed rumour from a 3rd party, something you said that hurts his ego or pride or something you did secretly that you thought he's not aware, meanwhile he's ashamed or lacks the maturity to confront you with it. My advice is that you carefully choose when he's in a good mood and discuss it with him.

2. Maybe you are the type of woman with razor sharp mouth, and perhaps there's something you said that really hurts his pride, e.g., comparing him to another man (even his friend you guys are paying a visit), because you demanded something that he's not able to provide, which is a common scenario in Nigerian homes in the festive periods.

Nevertheless, I condemn his actions.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Rigel95(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
safarigirl:
your name is Bluntboy and youu are saying OP should not be blunt?

If her husband is dressing like a trader in Upper Iweka, shouldn't she help with his style? Man is probably sporting a pot belle and wearing tight body hug to accentuate his man boobs.

If his style is wack, she has the right, as his wife, to pick out his outfits. That is what most wives do with their husbands; they buy them clothes and help select their outfits. Why can't OP do same for the Grinch she married?
They call it body shaming when the husband tries to pick what his woman wears, but the woman has every right to do otherwise abi?
This equality of sexes of a thing na mirage o tongue
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by baby124: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
So funny how people are saying she hurt his pride because she said she doesn’t like the outfit. This is strange to me because my mum dressed my dad, I dress my husband... in fact men mostly seek approval from their wives on their dressing. Most cannot dress themselves so what are we saying?

How can dressing bring about such a reaction? If his reaction is because of dressing then he’s mentally ill. I even tell my Brother in laws, dad, brothers if their dressing is not good enough for an occasion. They go in and change. No big deal. A sane person will appreciate the comment so they don’t look like a joke outside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Christology(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
ambassadorgozie:

always unserious

one sided story, before judging try hearing the man's on version of the story.....

but slapping a woman is a no no , no matter the incident.
Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by safarigirl(f): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
Rigel95:

They call it body shaming when the husband tries to pick what his woman wears, but the woman has every right to do otherwise abi?
This equality of sexes of a thing na mirage o tongue
who is the 'they' that call it bodyshaming when men try to pick out what their wives wear?

Men never pick wetin dem go wear, dem wan pick out clothes for women? Except the man is Denola Grey, Ebuka or Swanky Jerry, wetin naija men sabi for women fashion?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by Euegene100001: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
This is marriage we are taking about here .Just go and tell him you are sorry preferable be on ur knees .It will work like magic. He will feel so bad and apologize too .Pls try this don’t waste any time.Goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day by chrisj2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
baby124:
So funny how people are saying she hurt his pride because she said she doesn’t like the outfit. This is strange to me because my mum dressed my dad, I dress my husband... in fact men mostly seek approval from their wives on their dressing. Most cannot dress themselves so what are we saying?

How can dressing bring about such a reaction? If his reaction is because of dressing then he’s mentally ill. I even tell my Brother in laws, dad, brothers if their dressing is not good enough for an occasion. They go in and change. No big deal. A sane person will appreciate the comment so they don’t look like a joke outside.

So you know what is right or wrong for everyone? Do people tell you to go and change also? Do you like to expose your cleavage because I dont like that? Do you spend on Aso Ebi because I dont like that... Are you carying timber because I dont like that? Do you talk too much - obviously; I dont like that! The upshot is too many people just open their mouths for things that do not concern them

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos Of An Identical Mother & Daughter / Nigerian Man Renounces His Position As First Son In The Family, Gives Reasons / My Father Is Dragging My Mom's Property With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.