Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31976 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by oyetpel(m): 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
Will you give the same Chance to a guy? fool, secretary fvucker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Melian:

Pls, shut up, you're a hypocrite girllll. Only a fool wouldn't see you've got a temper too.
Now tell me who's the fool here;

If you had even a tinge of sense in your curse-filled excuse for a head, you'd know that op deliberately glossed over the true happenings.

Of course, I was angry but it came from being in those same shoes at some point. And no, I didn't quit when the others did, I'm still pals with the "boss" and family. Not every one has a lot of tolerance for nonsense (I repeat)

Not everyone will swallow everything hook, line and sinker.

And hun, you sound like you have a really nasty temper as well (just like the op) work on that too. It's bad for business.

Honest advice from a lady to another lady kiss kiss

Peace hun, and have a pleasant Sunday. kiss kiss

P. S

I don't believe our darling op was sleeping with her like you assumed. It takes common sense to know some things.

And finally, don't quote me or expect a reply from me again. I'm not always gracious to grant every mention a reply.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Legendguru: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
Oh
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Melian(f): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
BambiBliss:
[s][/s]

This sick nagadaAwo has finally assumed the persona of a woman. He wants to be like his mum. Smh.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Gboliwe: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

You are not a good leader.

Leaders grow balls, are assertive and firm.

Your staff is dishonest and always absent for work and you are here pampering her and even considering taking her back after she abscondef from work.

Uncle, if you want to date her, go ahead. Do not mix business with pleasure.

If you want a secretary, it's obvious she isn't fit.

Let her go!
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by olaitann93(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

kindly post the application procedure , I am interested in the job. we would talk about her later

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by seangy4konji: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
I so t trust this guy...

And also. Why fling a document on your secretary. How much you deh pay her to treat her like thrash...

Put your self in her shoes..

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by AquariusRising: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
laiza:
Ogbeni I have been in your shoes before and I know exactly how you feel. But on no occasion should you throw anything at your secretary. She's an helper not a maid.

It probably just dawned on her that there are no jobs because if she could have one she wouldn't return to you. That being said you would not get another person who obviously understands your mood and how to react around you in the shortest possible time.

Give her job back, you owe her that much. She doesn't owe you a thing until she's a staff again. But watch your temper and stop treating her like yoyr kid sister. If you could why didn't you employ your own sister?

Be professional and whenever you're angry just be silent. Secretaries are like second wives. You get what you dush out. All the best amigo.

'You get what you dish out'.....You are both wise and tempered. More bosses should be like you...hell! More people should be like you. Some people think that because they pay another a salary, they own that one, that they have somehow become God.
Thank you for your comment. It was refreshing!
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by laiza(m): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
AquariusRising:

'You get what you dish out'.....You are both wise and tempered. More bosses should be like you...hell! More people should be like you. Some people think that because they pay another a salary, they own that one, that they have somehow become God.
Thank you for your comment. It was refreshing!
Wow you flatter me. I am humbled at your comment. Thank you.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by AquariusRising: 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
laiza:
Wow you flatter me. I am humbled at your comment. Thank you.

It is no flattery Sir, it is truth that honours the deserving.

Be blessed and honoured in this new year 2020

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Artistree: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
obiekunie2:

guy man just tell us the whole story - no body be taata here!

you try squeeze the girl boobs and whn the poor girl no fit take am any more she abandon your office go AWOL!

as poverty don hit the poor girl hard she realize say she has no other better option than to come back to you and take your sexual attack - at least she can take the small change you pay her as salary plus the small kobo she go dey get from the change of messages you send her take keep body and soul together - AT ALL AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS!

but sha! person wey dey swallow udara seed make him try hold him anus!

wetin i dey try tell you be say - last last you and her together una go crash your business!

You seem to be the neighbour she gave the office key.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by laiza(m): 6:10am On Jan 06, 2020
AquariusRising:

It is no flattery Sir, it is truth that honours the deserving.

Be blessed and honoured in this new year 2020
You too sir.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Ask of what led to it! I had a tender to submit that morning and before I got to office, I gave her a task to make some photocopies. I came back to meet she only made one and I told her to go make the other. She went to the business center (my copier had a problem) and came back without making the copies. She was telling me that the document on the already bound tender document was same thing as the other one. She kept arguing and at this time, time was almost up for the submission. I now opened the document, shew it to her and in that process I discovered that other vital documents removed from the bound copy. I flared and flinged the document. The document did not touch her, madam. Same thing you could have done even to your husband

Tender my foot. You wanted to tender her punnah.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Abujaexpress:
God bless you for this. The neighbor whom she dropped the key with told me that he senses that she was going for another job.

The neighbour is now a he?
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
Digmygold:

The neighbour is now a he?
Open your brains and read what you see
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
Gboliwe:

You are not a good leader.

Leaders grow balls, are assertive and firm.

Your staff is dishonest and always absent for work and you are here pampering her and even considering taking her back after she abscondef from work.

Uncle, if you want to date her, go ahead. Do not mix business with pleasure.

If you want a secretary, it's obvious she isn't fit.

Let her go!
Thanks
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
Melian:

Oga, you're forking the poor girl. No employee should have the guts to disrespect her employer like that.
May God forgive your ignorance and blind conclusions
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by GuestLog: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
czarina:
You know nothing about me, so advise yourself to "shatap" . Not me.

Have a pleasant rest
When I'll have your time is coming.

Screenshot this as a warning.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
GuestLog:
When I'll have your time is coming.

Screenshot this as a warning.
And you'll do what? Get a massage? Abeg leave my mention, done with this thread.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by GuestLog: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
czarina:
And you'll do what? Get a massage? Abeg leave my mention, done with this thread.
keep your leprous fingers to yourself. Be warned!
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
GuestLog:
Be warned!
Stay out of my mention please!!!

Drop your opinion and I drop mine. We don't have to agree or share same opinions.

And next time, respectfully pass your message if you must mention me not telling me to "shatap", I don't answer to you or anyone else here.

Goodnight!
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by jendhorlee(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2020
cutemosun:
She is not suppose to come back if she has self esteem with what you just said wahali, as an employee, one need to be very patience and humble, in my profession i receive insults from different angles, ranging from patients, their relatives, superior, consultants and the likes, so because of that i will now decide to leave the work, hell no (everything about life is endurance, if she cant endure then she should start her own biz) i work with an NGO now, my immediate supervisor(we are like agemate o) shouted at us few weeks ago, she isnt even the employer o, will i say because she shouted i wont go to work again. A person who is ready to learn must be open to everything that will come her way, lets call a spade a spade.
The attitude to work is nothing to write home about. I am sure that task will be one of the easiest task, yet she choose to argue with her boss, a boss is a boss even if the person is 15yrs old.
yea, i agree with you sha
not that I've never been shouted at by my boss before, but he doesn't do it everytime, anytime he shouts at me, I know he's only angry at that moment. But what I hate is when ur boss sees fault in every little thing you do and is always shouting, bro, I can never stay in such toxic environment. when it gets to the point of my boss flinging documents at me, then it's high time I left o.

I remember when I wanted to learn photography, the first place I went to, the boss there was very BOSSY, he wants u to worship him, anytime He's coming, his workers become restless, he talks to them anyhow, then a day came when he confronted me that why can't I come to meet him and collect the bag he was holding when I saw him coming, he shouted at me in front of customers. and I had already paid 5k for the registration form, I didn't think of that, I just refused to show up the following day, took me some time b4 I could find another place. my boss there is almost exact opposite of my former boss, I always looked forward going to work everyday, we all loved the man and respected him, if u see what we planned 4 him on his birthday then ehn ..That's how it should be

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Casual Leave:annual Leave What Is The Difference Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.