Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31960 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Wtfork: 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Humm...this one wey she don go village come back ..
Make employer no go turn to employee oo.
Besides , u don't even know her motive behind coming back. A dishonest employee will always be dishonest .
Let her go and employ another pls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by stevenson007: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
G
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by datola: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Okay
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by MrMcJay(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Detty December is over, January is dry, and I'm not referring to harmattan.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Sge Dey look say January long and the salary she has spend it for Christmas
She doesn’t have choice to come and beg for the job again
Money has finish
And January is long like tape rule

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Uyi168: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
donbachi:
Make she go with her wahala.
Abii oo
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Openbusiness: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

Forgive and forget. She's obviously not experienced in office protocols and plus maybe she's the emotional type that is weak in handling being scolded harshly. When she was working, did she do her job well? If she was OK, then forgive her, she has realized her mistake and sees that you are a good employer. That's why she wants to come back. Nobody is perfect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by spiralwedge(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

Are you kidding me? Are you okay? Because I'm thinking she has gone diabolical on you.

Block her number for a while, if she uses another line, tell her you are busy. And tell your receptionist to keep her waiting all day if she comes to your office. Stay away from her for your own good.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Sub9ja(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Am in similar issue aswell.....

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by naijazee2: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
Alright
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by pek(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
Don't even consider it. Just wish her well and let her move on.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Ademoore07(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin
U get the message right, niggar. Is either he had been kpanshing or about to kpansh the girl. Posting this as if we reading are kids. Let the brat go.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by JustHector(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Take her back...put her on probation for the next 6months...
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Accept her back and use her for money rituals

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Mourinho24: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
OGA EMPLOYER, IS THE VACANCY STILL AVAILABLE?
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by awa(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
If you want dishonest Secretary then hire her back... shocked
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by blessingsonflee(f): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Na community service you dey run abi legal company? This shouldn’t even be a question in the first place if your business/company has its mission and objectives . What example are you going to show to the other employees if you take her back ? Clearly anybody would be free to walk in and out of the company. She doesn’t even respect you in the first place and I don’t know how that overfamiliarity got in . She clearly didn’t get the job on merit due to nepotism and she doesn’t appreciate it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Gforce2019: 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

You can only accept her back if you have another contract with her apart from her occuping the post of Secretary in your office. If she's also your side chick. That's okay. But if not , tell her to go and find work in Chevron or NNPC. They pay more than your peanut and they will not shout at her.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by worldclass68(m): 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
she's a gooner already...... probably there's another thing u didn't say Sha.....

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Jaqenhghar: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

If this staff was a man , you will know what to do. You won't need to ask for advice on a faceless forum

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by mkoabiola: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

Hahahahahahaha

Weesdom wee not kee u jare.

Hahahahahahaha

I don laugh tire

He stil wants NL to advice him whether to accept a dishonest staff

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Funkybabee(f): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Useless boss, u for kuku beat her because I expect you to defend urself after posting that allegations

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
"N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her," (sic). The statement that you made at the tail end of your piece shown above has already given you an answer to your question of whether or not to rehire her. If she is as dishonest as you alluded to, then there should not be any doubt in your mind not to re-hire her. If somebody tells you or shows you who they are, you better believe them. Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Jaqenhghar: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
blessingsonflee:
Na community service you dey run abi legal company? This shouldn’t even be a question in the first place if your business/company has its mission and objectives . What example are you going to show to the other employees if you take her back ? Clearly anybody would be free to walk in and out of the company. She doesn’t even respect you in the first place and I don’t know how that overfamiliarity got in . She clearly didn’t get the job on merit due to nepotism and she doesn’t appreciate it.
Why are you wasting words on him? I wonder how he ever managed to become a boss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by 77up(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Akachestores(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bros just do what you feel is right or be professional in other to avoid such acts again.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Chuks9000: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.
I'm very surprised that you are asking for advice on a case that is as clear as day light.
I'm trying to see if you'll mention a big advantage that she has but none.
Oga, please advise yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Fourwinds: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

yeeeeeee .... You slap me 44
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by 77up(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
FVckmannabbQ:
Don't take her back.
He will take her back because he took her like his sister grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Slynation(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

When many people are looking for job out there? Simply tell her your business ain't a door when you can come in and go out anytime it pleases you(Park N Go in Kizz Daniel's voice) .... And for that Aunty that has weaponize the sentence "Throwing documents at her" just leave her alone, na there type....!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Jgoldie: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
SarakiBukola:
cheesy

You are fvcking this girl. Bluntly put.

It wouldn't end well. Trust me.

I have banged 2 ladies in my office. Both subordinates.

As much as i form Boss, one is openly disrespectful.

I can't recommend her for a sack because the whole issue can be turned on me as abuse of authority.

Never mix business with pleasure...

Mr Sarakibukola wehdone sah grin
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Jgoldie: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
77up:
He will take her back because he took her like his sister grin grin grin grin grin grin

Brother oooo
Na my sister oooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Discovery About Private Schools / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.