Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31973 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by ashawopikin(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin
grin
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by ashawopikin(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Am a disciplined employer of labor, oga.
grin

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by ashawopikin(m): 7:15am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
I am a nice and approachable employer. Infact, I don't boss any of my staff. We relate very well.
days d problem right there business hours should be strictly business, there have to be laid down rules, maybe after work you can be "nice &approachable" but your business is more important, some workers take advantage of a nice boss sometimes.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Berankis: 7:20am On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Did you or did you not fling the document at her? It didn't have to "touch" her.

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums at your staff.

Again, work on your temper! Then, consider setting boundaries. But work on your temper first. Not everyone has the patience for nonsense.

My advice;

You can let her come back on the condition that you work on your temper, let her know your expectations, then set boundaries.

You can choose not to re-employ her but work on your temper.

I've worked with bad-tempered bosses in the past, staff no dey last. And it's bad for business.

See this stupid Tuart talking about temper. The same ones that would slam the head of their maids on the floor for little things.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by sylve11: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

tell am well. grin cool
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by innoachukw(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2020
If you actually threw the documents like you said, then you really didn't do well.

There is no excuse for that.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by ugofulfilled(m): 7:42am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Work on your temper, blabla. Who holy pass? Your comments on this thread portray you as a very tempered personality. I smell it

I perceive she has a terrible pride in her and lacks the quality of submission. I read her comments and all I see is pride. if she is what her comments portray her to be in real life then she's in for troubles. Just ignore her and stop making her feel important.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 7:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Berankis:

See this stupid Tuart talking about temper. The same ones that would slam the head of their maids on the floor for little things.
Not everyone dey like your mom. And certainly not this Miss here. Or who raised the thug on my mention?

P. S

It's safe to assume the worst about you since you did same.

Good morning sir and enjoy your day kiss kiss
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2020
ugofulfilled:

I perceive she has a terrible pride in her and lacks the quality of submission. I read her comments and all I see is pride. if she is what her comments portray her to be in real life then she's in for troubles. Just ignore her and stop making her feel important.
cool

Of course! In for troubles? Go sleep! Anyone who tells the truth and call out bs is "proud and lacks the quality of submission"?

I'm like this offline, just to clear your doubts. So you can rest assured that "I'm in for troubles". cool

P. S

I already feel important, I didn't need the op to help me achieve that. kiss kiss
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 05, 2020
Do not trust a reconciled enemy, most times they come back to finish what started. Beware!!!

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Work on your temper, blabla. Who holy pass? Your comments on this thread portray you as a very tempered personality. I smell it
Typical Abuja employer. And if you check now d salary not up to 30k. Fling such at me and receive a resounding slap.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Lexusgs430: 8:41am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
No

That answers your question, going by your last paragraph...........

Her leopard, can never change it's skin...... The urge for the pay packet, has simply converted her to a mere pussy cat........

In no time, the leopard in her would emerge..........

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by cutemosun(f): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2020
She is not suppose to come back if she has self esteem with what you just said wahali, as an employee, one need to be very patience and humble, in my profession i receive insults from different angles, ranging from patients, their relatives, superior, consultants and the likes, so because of that i will now decide to leave the work, hell no (everything about life is endurance, if she cant endure then she should start her own biz) i work with an NGO now, my immediate supervisor(we are like agemate o) shouted at us few weeks ago, she isnt even the employer o, will i say because she shouted i wont go to work again. A person who is ready to learn must be open to everything that will come her way, lets call a spade a spade.
The attitude to work is nothing to write home about. I am sure that task will be one of the easiest task, yet she choose to argue with her boss, a boss is a boss even if the person is 15yrs old.
jendhorlee:

God bless you.
God bless you. God bless you more.
I can never also work under a hot tempered boss, never ! i don't care abt the amount he/she is paying me, I'll leave the Job. i can't be working in a place where I'll become restless anytime my boss shows up.

you flung documents at her ? imagine. i don't care abt his excuses, i know that poor girl must have been in a difficult situation and needs money badly, that's why she's thinking of coming back, or someone somewhere has advised her to endure. smh
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 10:22am On Jan 05, 2020
ugofulfilled:

Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by coldFLARES1(m): 10:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister
Thanks for being humane to pay her wages pro rata after she absconded. Many won't do and that includes me too.

As for flinging a document to/at her, let judges that don't know what heck it is to run a business masturbate on the propriety of your actions, if it makes them feel good.

As for accepting her back, especially for compassionate reasons, please be guided! Even, IT students that in some cases pay for internship would not absond and dare to beg to be reinstated not to talk of someone in a paid employment, however small she considers her take-home.

I don't know how big your firm is or how many people you have in your employ, but I think there's even no need to tell her to come formally end her employment.

Baba, simply change your locks and get a new secretary. Please allow people to always take responsibility for their actions so that one day, in future, we shall have more sensible people than idiots.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 10:43am On Jan 05, 2020
coldFLARES1:
Thanks for being humane to pay her wages pro rata after she absconded. Many won't do and that includes me too.

As for flinging a document to/at her, let judges that don't know what heck it is to run a business masturbate on the propriety of your actions, if it makes them feel good.

As for accepting her back, especially for compassionate reasons, please be guided! Even, IT students that in some cases pay for internship would not absond and dare to beg to be reinstated not to talk of someone in a paid employment, however small she considers her take-home.

I don't know how big your firm is or how many people you have in your employ, but I think there's even no need to tell her to come formally end her employment.

Baba, simply change your locks and get a new secretary. Please allow people to always take responsibility for their actions so that one day, in future, we shall have more sensible people than idiots.
Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by alphaNomega: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
This Thread is meant for employers of labor and not someone like you searching for a job

You are very daft and have no one to tell you. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by wumiesontop: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2020
Please, I will serve you better with all sincerity. I really need the job and by God's grace, I will not disappoint you. If you are willing to employ me, you can call me on 08063360289 for further discussion. Thanks
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by srclark: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister
work on your employment contract or let me say make some amends like giving 2 weeks notification before resignation and put some other clauses that will favor you it sure helps alot ,from my experience people like this girl can bring problem to you (she seems too dramatic).How can she hand over your office keys to your neigbour (that is highly unprofessional)
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by fisherboy: 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

let me even ask you....Oga if na me u go free listen to my plea talk more of considering. Oga take ur time ooo ur prick don De scratch u for that girl puuuuussy when u get eating u De find u go rest
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by mechanics(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Just give her another chance, if she does not change, then sack her.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by candyguyofficia(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

I didn't have any intention of commenting on your post but had to quote you to atleast make sure the post get to you. Some have told you to accept her back but something strong is telling me that you shouldn't accept her. I know the job situation of this country but it shouldn't guilt trip you to accepting her back. Just a word is more than sufficient for a wise man and an aside I feel you should work on your temper I know you will say you don't have anger issue like you said earlier but try n take it nice n cool when pressured n have limited time to deliver.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by 12inchDickson: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Did you or did you not fling the document at her? It didn't have to "touch" her.

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums at your staff.

Again, work on your temper! Then, consider setting boundaries. But work on your temper first. Not everyone has the patience for nonsense.

My advice;

You can let her come back on the condition that you work on your temper, let her know your expectations, then set boundaries.

You can choose not to re-employ her but work on your temper.

I've worked with bad-tempered bosses in the past, staff no dey last. And it's bad for business.
feminist in the house
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Poanan: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

The thing is that you are very rude and dont have respect anybody. she only left cos of the way you flung a document at her. For you to fling a document means you have shown signs of hostility in the past and you are only friendly when you choose to. Respect is not only from the bottom also top-down.You really need to make deliberate efforts to work on your self, you start by attending a good leadership training organised by good organisations like "Great Place to Work". They will teach you the act of getting your assistants to do your bidding subtly. You will learn how to work on people's psyche effortlessly instead behaving in a manner that can only be compared to something else.

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Melian(f): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
conscienceman4:
Tell her to come to the office and make sure she resign properly. Then, walk her out of your office. I hope you have changed your key.
Official matters should be handled officially. Lay a good business foundation that even your relations cannot toy with.

I don't know why this comment doesn't have 1000 likes.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Melian(f): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I could sense that too. Somebody with temper issues advising another to work on theirs. Bloody hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Melian(f): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:

Oga, you're forking the poor girl. No employee should have the guts to disrespect her employer like that.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Ikpu1: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Melian:

I could sense that too. Somebody with temper issues advising another to work on theirs. Bloody hypocrite.
[/s]
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Ikpu1: 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Melian:

I don't know why this comment doesn't have 1000 likes.
[/s]
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Ikpu1: 4:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Melian:

Pls, shut up, you're a hypocrite girllll. Only a fool wouldn't see you've got a temper too.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / What Next After A 3rd Class From University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.