Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31959 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by flexyrule(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin
OP has been knacking the secretary. I can bet my balls on that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by danot1030: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
Did you or did you not fling the document at her? It didn't have to "touch" her.

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums at your staff.

Again, work on your temper! Then, consider setting boundaries. But work on your temper first. Not everyone has the patience for nonsense.

My advice;

You can let her come back on the condition that you work on your temper, let her know your expectations, then set boundaries.

You can choose not to re-employ her but work on your temper.

I've worked with bad-tempered bosses in the past, staff no dey last. And it's bad for business.

As much as I reasoned with your arguments something tells me that you are not better off, your argument has a note of aggressions which indicates bad temperament.

So as Jesus said before you remove the mote in your brothers eye first remove the log in your own.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by bigl: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

Bros, u sound like she's helping your ministry "down there" too ... if not, someone who's discovered to be dishonest, goes AWOL and u are still asking if u can re-consider her?

Bros, my candid advice is "Don't consider her for any reason" ...

I don talk my own!

don't come back here with "stories that touch the heart and tickles the bumbum" ooo

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by danot1030: 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
if you had the tiniest semblance of sense in you, you'd know there's no justification for throwing stuff at an employee.

But what was I expecting from someone who clearly lacked the capacity to string words together without insults at his pathetic existence?

Go to bed hun, go to bed. kiss kiss

You see what i just said about your temper.

I swear you will throw your shoe at your employee at the slightest provocation.

Plus you have attitude problem.

Deny it.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Yemi7up: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
For the growth of your business there must be discipline, honesty and dedication from your employees which she lacks. Please don't take her back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Am a disciplined employer of labor, oga.

And you are trying to discipline her in the oza room otherwise you wont take back a dishonest secretary. Shame. Discipline your tool.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
flexyrule:
OP has been knacking the secretary. I can bet my balls on that

E come come here dey wail. Inddisciplined employee.i hope the secretary will tell the intriducer how indisciplined the employer is
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 11:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
danot1030:

You see what i just said about your temper.

I swear you will throw your shoe at your employee at the slightest provocation.

Plus you have attitude problem.

Deny it.
please leave my mention. I ignored you on purpose.

I'm not forcing the op to take my opinions and I have nothing to prove to anyone certainly not to a stranger on the internet.

How you read and accept my opinions is really non of my business.

Goodnight.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Cecero:
Oga if you're a 'disciplined employer of labour' like you said, then you don't need to ask for anybody's opinion here unless there's something else you're not telling us.
You have already passed judgement here and it is not positive on her.
Btw, going by the rules, she does not deserve any bit of the last salary you paid her: she absconded from duty, no notice, no resignation. It must have affected your business and she is the one that deserves to pay you.
Please try to be more professional with your staff because you don't sound like you are.

The stipend was to keep her lips sealed from spreading their frolick in the office. Lol.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Omoslim26:

You are a nice nd approachable boss your last sec worked for over 2yrs bla bla bla

who make we ask

nairaland don dey tire person na soso yeye questions we jst dey see dis days wey year jst dey start oo

The matter tire me.Na who we go ask? Lol.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wtfork:
Humm...this one wey she don go village come back ..
Make employer no go turn to employee oo.
Besides , u don't even know her motive behind coming back. A dishonest employee will always be dishonest .
Let her go and employ another pls.

And a randy indisciplined employer will always be so.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
spiralwedge:

Are you kidding me? Are you okay? Because I'm thinking she has gone diabolical on you.

Block her number for a while, if she uses another line, tell her you are busy. And tell your receptionist to keep her waiting all day if she comes to your office. Stay away from her for your own good.

He has no receptionist. She is the receptionist too. Lol. We know those kind "hofiz"
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Accept her back and use her for money rituals

Lol.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Nmezor(f): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmmmm.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister

Na so.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
Lol....don't go and smell your nasty temper. I'm not the one whose staff will be quitting every month. cool

"Very tempered personality" indeed, I don't have anything to prove to anyone but reading through your thread reminded me of someone I worked with some years ago, not kidding, everyone quit the job but me.

Not because I didn't feel like whipping this "boss" with a "pankere" sometimes but because I needed the experience and maybe the money to some extent.

Work on your temper!!!!! Mr "boss"!

Money no enter you say make boss no temper?
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Aguero101(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oga just tell if she is beautiful and have the right packages. Am beginning to suspect this your story.

Firstly, she just disappeared and reappeared asking for her money and you willingly paid her for her services without no flames or bashing from you.

Secondly, she want to come to a job she think is not good because if that's what she wanted she will not go awire for months.

Two things are involved here, either she has a motive or U have a motive. Her motive is maybe to get some money from you(in Her thinking d guy is good, let me use his head) or your motive (Go under her blouse and take my share. At least, i gave her money for incomplete job)
Any which way, don't re-employ her because it may affect your business and you don't know what she is bringing this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Why are you wasting words on him? I wonder how he ever managed to become a boss

Chai! Savage!
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by oodua1stson: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

she should go forever

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by andyanders: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

Exactly on point. Op has something inbetween them hence his post seeking for advise. As the owner of a company, with his explanation of the girl's action, do one need any form of an advise on a case like this? Op, check yourself.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by geunik(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
You flung a document at her? Why is no one talking about that part? I pity your next secretary.

Work on your temper, she's your secretary not your "maid".

Typical Nigerian "boss" and his nonsense temper.
Maid self deserve respect

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
geunik:

Maid self deserve respect
But how many people dey respect them? That was why I put it quote.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by LabDNA: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Thank you for this professional and tactful advice

I disagree, if you really are, you'll not be here asking stupid and suspicious question.

I am an employer of labour, but I'd rather my offices locked up with my keys safely in my pocket than have workers as dishonest as the lady you are talking about therein.

There is more to this story and it is clear you are emotionally attached to that lady. You are mixing business with pleasure and it will break your neck someday.

If the subject had been a guy, this thread wouldn't exist. So check yourself before you break yourself.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Juliearth(f): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

Nigeria is hard, do you want to add to your problem by retaining an overly sensitive and unreliable secretary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Juliearth:

Nigeria is hard, do you want to add to your problem by retaining an overly sensitive and unreliable secretary?
Certainly no sir
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:01am On Jan 05, 2020
bigl:

Bros, u sound like she's helping your ministry "down there" too ... if not, someone who's discovered to be dishonest, goes AWOL and u are still asking if u can re-consider her?

Bros, my candid advice is "Don't consider her for any reason" ...

I don talk my own!

don't come back here with "stories that touch the heart and tickles the bumbum" ooo
Thank you

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:02am On Jan 05, 2020
LabDNA:

I disagree, if you really are, you'll not be here asking stupid and suspicious question.

I am an employer of labour, but I'd rather my offices locked up with my keys safely in my pocket than have workers as dishonest as the lady you are talking about therein.

There is more to this story and it is clear you are emotionally attached to that lady. You are mixing business with pleasure and it will break your neck someday.

If the subject had been a guy, this thread wouldn't exist. So check yourself before you break yourself.
The truth, but nothing
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by poik(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

The matter tire person o. it cant be more plain than this. Even the op reading this should know what to do.
Unless...
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2020
yusufmurry:

But you heard her said, you flung documents on her?

True or false?
I flung the documents away from her and she capitalized on that as an excuse to abscond from work.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2020
slam7000:

Did you shout at her? Did you fling papers at her?
If you did, that was wrong and you need to work on yourself. You might fling the papers at the wrong employee. If you did that, you are far from being a disciplined person let alone a disciplined employer.

Only bullies do that. Your secretary might be scared of you, however holding onto your key was a bit strange. I’d change the locks and if I was her, I wouldn’t come back. If I was you, I wouldn’t take her back....for your own safety and her sanity.
Heard. Thank
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by poik(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

Did you actually fling a document at her?
Well, if you want a dishonest person who plays truant to work as a staff in this new year, you have the knife and the yam.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:06am On Jan 05, 2020
frozen70:

Once a staff is not ready to tolerate any correction or shouting from a boss, such person is not humble

She left voluntary and disrespected you by not explaining to you why she left

Let her come and put up a resignation letter and reply

From there, when next she comes, you let her know that you have gotten someone.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Discovery About Private Schools / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.