Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31964 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2020
D1zion:
I see things repeating itself again if you take her back & it'll be when you'll need her,when you'll most depends on her over the work.get a new person pls.my own take.
Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:09am On Jan 05, 2020
otunbadan:
Never employ her back, she will cause damage on a larger scale than this ... my boss has been warning me about giving such people a second chance but it’s too a while and several very bitter experience for me to sink that lesson into my head.

If it’s a business ... faithful in little is faithful in much .... lousy in little is lousy in much too ... no second chances sir

Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Digmygold: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Why are you wasting words on him? I wonder how he ever managed to become a boss

You are right. The Op is a useless fvck head. Check out a screen grab of one of his recent posts. Not everyone should be taken seriously on this platform. Boss my foot.

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2020
Gforce2019:

Bros. What is your rationale behind employing a lady as your secretary? Maybe she is your Charger.
If you really want to do business avoid too much ladies on your payroll. If you employ them, they see you as an intending bf. No guy can leave his job like that. For guy to go because of his boss angry attitude, he would have gotten another job..
Nah foofoo dey some ladies brain
God bless you for this. The neighbor whom she dropped the key with told me that he senses that she was going for another job.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by kosmos95(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2020
Give her second chance, my intake, just forgive and forget
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:15am On Jan 05, 2020
AmuDimpka:
what is wrong with you? You allow emotions to affect your business decisions! She is gone and gone for good...hire another person period...if you run your firm you must be firm ! You don't leave work without prior notice...who does that ?

Abeg tell me better story
I heard you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:16am On Jan 05, 2020
Slynation:

When many people are looking for job out there? Simply tell her your business ain't a door when you can come in and go out anytime it pleases you(Park N Go in Kizz Daniel's voice) .... And for that Aunty that has weaponize the sentence "Throwing documents at her" just leave her alone, na there type....!!
Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Openbusiness:

Forgive and forget. She's obviously not experienced in office protocols and plus maybe she's the emotional type that is weak in handling being scolded harshly. When she was working, did she do her job well? If she was OK, then forgive her, she has realized her mistake and sees that you are a good employer. That's why she wants to come back. Nobody is perfect.
Thanks for your advice, but I think I now know clearly how to go about it
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Chuks9000:

I'm very surprised that you are asking for advice on a case that is as clear as day light.
I trying to see if you'll mention a big advantage that she but none.
Oga, please advise yourself.
Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Brightgem(f): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Ask of what led to it! I had a tender to submit that morning and before I got to office, I gave her a task to make some photocopies. I came back to meet she only made one and I told her to go make the other. She went to the business center (my copier had a problem) and came back without making the copies. She was telling me that the document on the already bound tender document was same thing as the other one. She kept arguing and at this time, time was almost up for the submission. I now opened the document, shew it to her and in that process I discovered that other vital documents removed from the bound copy. I flared and flinged the document. The document did not touch her, madam. Same thing you could have done even to your husband
So you want to return somebody that will make you fling rock towards her this time? Why asking NL this question.

Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. She only showed you a tip of the ice berg. Better employ competent hands except you indeed have other motives.

And avoid flinging anything towards anybody, no matter how angry, which is also why you stay away from people who can make you act in vile ways.

How difficult is this oga? It's common sense na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Bluffly: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on a new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office has exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice, please.

Most female secretaries to a one-man business are usually silly and fond of taken unannounced sick leave. I can guess that her highest qualification will be ND which is most likely obtained in South East, South-south or North in its entirety. I'm not being tribalistic here but talking from experience. They can excuse like die mostly on Fridays.

Please do not consider her coming back. There are many looking for the job except you feel your business is a toothpick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Philadelphia: 12:36am On Jan 05, 2020
In Kizz Daniel's voice

If you employ secre-tary, she say she no like am
Biko, park and go
And if you call am make she work, she say she no want work
Biko, park and go
Park and go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:40am On Jan 05, 2020
obiekunie2:

guy man just tell us the whole story - no body be taata here!

you try squeeze the girl boobs and whn the poor girl no fit take am any more she abandon your office go AWOL!

as poverty don hit the poor girl hard she realize say she has no other better option than to come back to you and take your sexual attack - at least she can take the small change you pay her as salary plus the small kobo she go dey get from the change of messages you send her take keep body and soul together - AT ALL AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS!

but sha! person wey dey swallow udara seed make him try hold him anus!

wetin i dey try tell you be say - last last you and her together una go crash your business!

lol...ur imaginative power is taking a toll on ur intelligence
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by MakyavelitheDon(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Lol....don't go and smell your nasty temper. I'm not the one whose staff will be quitting every month. cool

"Very tempered personality" indeed, I don't have anything to prove to anyone but reading through your thread reminded me of someone I worked with some years ago, not kidding, everyone quit the job but me.

Not because I didn't feel like whipping this "boss" with a "pankere" sometimes but because I needed the experience and maybe the money to some extent.

Work on your temper!!!!! Mr "boss"!

When a secretary cannot take simple instructions and the bid time is about to expire?..... Any boss will be upset.
Some might even fire you on d spot.
Everyone can lose their temper when faced with a nitwit
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by mistijude: 1:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Am a disciplined employer of labor, oga.
I don't still know why up till now, people don't know the difference between 'am' and I am' when starting a statement.Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by tck2000(m): 1:18am On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin
lol
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by yusufmurry: 1:41am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
I flung the documents away from her and she capitalized on that as an excuse to abscond from work.

That means you're not "disciplined" to manage and control your anger.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by NiCurious: 2:10am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. [/b]After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. [b]A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

Why are you even asking for advice? What is not clear? She failed to show up, failed to pick your call, and it wasn't because she was unconscious in hospital after a traffic accident and unable to. She left with no notice and no reason, sneaks back the key instead of facing you, then makes nice to you to ask for the job back that she left, because apparently you shouted at her? With all the possible better employees happy to take work, you are even thinking of taking this one back?
Next time, please avoid shouting at your employee (if you even did); workplace discussions should be professional, as matured adults.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by laiza(m): 3:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Ogbeni I have been in your shoes before and I know exactly how you feel. But on no occasion should you throw anything at your secretary. She's an helper not a maid.

It probably just dawned on her that there are no jobs because if she could have one she wouldn't return to you. That being said you would not get another person who obviously understands your mood and how to react around you in the shortest possible time.

Give her job back, you owe her that much. She doesn't owe you a thing until she's a staff again. But watch your temper and stop treating her like yoyr kid sister. If you could why didn't you employ your own sister?

Be professional and whenever you're angry just be silent. Secretaries are like second wives. You get what you dush out. All the best amigo.

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by alphaNomega: 4:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

After reading your "N.B.", I have come to the conclusion that you are very daft and have no one to tell you. I'm sure you're already working out ways to employ this lady as a staff and nothing anyone tells you here is worth it. Or you want NL users to waste valuable time responding to your useless post ..like I did

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by AmuDimpka: 4:15am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Thanks for your advice, but I think I now know clearly how to go about it
you get weak in front of pussies trust me...there is nothing you can do about it ...you want to knack her and you would take her back
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Kobicove(m): 4:40am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Ask of what led to it! I had a tender to submit that morning and before I got to office, I gave her a task to make some photocopies. I came back to meet she only made one and I told her to go make the other. She went to the business center (my copier had a problem) and came back without making the copies. She was telling me that the document on the already bound tender document was same thing as the other one. She kept arguing and at this time, time was almost up for the submission. I now opened the document, shew it to her and in that process I discovered that other vital documents removed from the bound copy. I flared and flinged the document. The document did not touch her, madam. Same thing you could have done even to your husband

Flinging documents in a fit of anger at an employee, a fellow human being is inexcusable!

There are more professional ways of punishing an erring employee

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Lexusgs430: 4:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

You have a rat in your house, that suddenly disappears..... All of a sudden the rat reappears, but this time requesting you allow it in your house, with 3 of his cousins?

Would you willingly open your door?......

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by frozen70(f): 5:42am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Thank you

You are welcome
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:10am On Jan 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You have a rat in your house, that suddenly disappears..... All of a sudden the rat reappears, but this time requesting you allow it in your house, with 3 of his cousins?

Would you willingly open your door?......
No
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:11am On Jan 05, 2020
AmuDimpka:
you get weak in front of pussies trust me...there is nothing you can do about it ...you want to knack her and you would take her back
I dash her to you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:13am On Jan 05, 2020
alphaNomega:

After reading your "N.B.", I have come to the conclusion that you are very daft and have no one to tell you. I'm sure you're already working out ways to employ this lady as a staff and nothing anyone tells you here is worth it. Or you want NL users to waste valuable time responding to your useless post ..like I did
This Thread is meant for employers of labor and not someone like you searching for a job
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:14am On Jan 05, 2020
mistijude:
I don't still know why up till now, people don't know the difference between 'am' and I am' when starting a statement.Nawa o
English tutor. I will soon enroll in your linguistic class
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2020
NiCurious:

Why are you even asking for advice? What is not clear? She failed to show up, failed to pick your call, and it wasn't because she was unconscious in hospital after a traffic accident and unable to. She left with no notice and no reason, sneaks back the key instead of facing you, then makes nice to you to ask for the job back that she left, because apparently you shouted at her? With all the possible better employees happy to take work, you are even thinking of taking this one back?
Next time, please avoid shouting at your employee (if you even did); workplace discussions should be professional, as matured adults.
Thank you
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by IAmTobore(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:

I need advice please.

If you are not having feelings for her, I see no reason why it should be a big deal employing someone else.
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by IAmTobore(m): 6:40am On Jan 05, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister
Taking her as your younger sister ain't professional.

1 Like

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Pedrotina11: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin

Ah tire...u say she is dishonest and u are asking advice to retain her...employer of labour is ur madness temporary or permanent? Can I imagine She is dishonest, she gives filmsy excuses to evade work, she absconded from work becos of u shouted at her, and nw u are asking for advice to re employ her...hmmm something is fishy... Dnt ever come here and lie to us again..employer of labour.. Employ wisdom first before anybody.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Discovery About Private Schools / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.