Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God (26329 Views)

Am Losing Faith / Losing Faith | My Departure From Theism [cc] / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by nlPoster: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2020
alphaNomega:
You people don't have sense.

Your signature though
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Newnas(m): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

Intellectual discussion ke

Jesus died on the cross to take away the punishment for sin...that doesnt give us licence to do as we wish.

You can see that on the first page of any Google search on this issue

Intellectual smh

100% contradiction. Oga abeg move ahead!
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2020
Newnas:

100% contradiction. Oga abeg move ahead!

Hahahaha cheesy "intellectual", please ride on smh

PS. Please go and read on the concept of "redemption" before making a mockery of yourself in public bahaha

Jesus took away the punishment so that you would be free from death due to sinful nature and not to ginger you to do whatever you want.

Anybody who was truly grateful for such a sacrifice would obey Jesus' commandments out of appreciation and not look for ways to circumvent them.

Im sure you just curse and insult your parents anyhow, after all they wont disown you right? Smh
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Newnas(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

PS. Please go and read on the concept of "redemption" before making a mockery of yourself in public bahaha

Hgg mnh
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by maynation(f): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2020
Thank you Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:
Loss of faith in God is a walk into bleakness and uncertainty . At first, a victim might feel like a burden has been lifted off him/her but sooner, will discover that the contrary is the case.Certain thoughts or actions can hint to when one is losing faith in God.

-Accusing God for one's sins committed or for whatever little things that go wrong in one's life

-Frequently raising arguments as to the authenticity of the Bible and the accounts within
-Blaspheming jokingly
-Increasing doubts
-Engaging freely in immoralities[/size]

Some Causes of loss of faith in God can be; Certain underlying beliefs, loss of something of high value to one and environmental Temptations_On several occasions, i've wished I could withdraw into a Wilderness and live out the rest of my life, worshipping the Lord in Truth due to this third cause(E make sense?).

Some Churches also contribute to the loss of faith in God . You tend to get discouraged to serve God when you discover that someone whom you've been looking up to commits atrocious acts in secret and this is the case when fake pastors are exposed. The shock tends to slacken most members' faith in God. Also, some Churches overly expect Christians to be strictly perfect and follow their doctrines accurately without laying down the necessary principles and the result of this is that Hypocrites will be bred there.

[Size=12] In order not to loose your faith in God,Follow these precautionary steps:
-once in a while, look back at big miracles/impossible situations God saved you from
-Inculcate a Bible reading attitude, for the spirit arms itself with this
-when in fear of faith loss,try sharing your feelings with a trustworthy mature friend who can guide you properly.
-Also understand that God understands us more than we think he does.Pray earnestly for divine Faith in him when in fear, and he will surely aid you [/size]

In case you've a friend who exhibits most of these signs, calmly advice him/her with the voice of a friend and not that of a judge o.
Alright brethren,HAPPY SUNDAY

I'm blessed.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Gracemadeit(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2020
Weldon. what a good writeup. But do we really think a grounded & a rooted believer in Christ can lose faith in God? Romans 1:17, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 5:2, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 16:13, ΒΆ Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. 2 Corinthians 5:7, (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley Galatians 3:26, For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 3:12, In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. Ephesians 6:16, Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 1 Timothy 3:9, holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. Hebrews 12:2, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Note:- The believer does not have their own faith? As long as you are in Christ, you are operating in His faith and not your faith. So to me, I don't really think a grounded & a rooted believer in Christ can lose faith in God no matter any challenges. Because already he is acquainted with the word of truth (Bible). Bless your heart.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Galapagous(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

Jesus took away the punishment so that you would be free from death due to sinful nature and not to ginger you to do whatever you want.

Anybody who was truly grateful for such a sacrifice would obey Jesus' commandments out of appreciation and not look for ways to circumvent them.

Im sure you just curse and insult your parents anyhow, after all they wont disown you right? Smh
let he without sin be the first to cast the stone.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by tck2000(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Nellybank:
I want to go back to my savior... I need His grace
me too

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by bmdmixer: 11:46am On Jan 05, 2020
i just walked out of a friends church the pastor preaching was about money moni money 20mil 30mil he never had 60mil he doesn't know how it feels like, he went to a friend's place dey had 3million in a hole abi bed dude was just talking moni this moni that if u ask me moni I won't give u, if u give me moni i will gather it and say God take it urs. i bought a land 20mil, i just got up n came home. i dey watch cartoon.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by mrchineke: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
Foolish mumu African idiots, God is a bloody scam.

Pray your empty prayers, if a 3rd world war erupts Nigerians will simply starve to death because there will be no imported food coming into the country!
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by BigBashiru: 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Newnas:
I thought the cross is enough na. I thought your son of god has died on the cross for your sins and you're covered with grace, so why do you need repentance again?

Christianity and self-contradiction are 5&6. Yet they'll be following people upandan: "Bros please I want to explain chisos to you". When you engage them in simple intellectual discussion the next thing you'll hear is; "you can't understand, you need grace and the spirit of god before you can understand".

Hey, why the freakin EFF did you call me to "explain" what is unexplainable?!

Una need brain reset

I 100% agree. Since the days of Paul till now the devil has not been hurt one bit and they say Christians must fight the devil. All the fighting Paul did was the outcome?? The truth is that Christ has ordained devil must exist so ppl should stop wasting their time "fighting" devil.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by ojaysam25(m): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
thanks op.....really informative..... happy 1st Sunday of the year.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynia:

We should care less about the history? If not of that history there will be no Christianity today
Should we talk about what crusades really means?
Or the real name of Jesus? All are in history.

You need to read the early development of Christianity.

If you were born in Iran, you will probably be a Muslim.
Don't be dogmatic.

The church came before the Bible, hope you know ?

The 'Amen' you shout, do you know what it really means?
Wow! The Devil fabricates lies and distributes it round the world.A little of what you said is true but why do you criticise instead of looking at the clear good part of the doctrines. Things of the spirit can't be comprehended on the physical, I hope you know. We need to put our trust in God and leave irrelevances or else, on the day of reckoning, we'll be shamed and damned.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by nlPoster: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
I try to avoid "Christians" with negative orientation.

They have this thing where they enjoy the misery of other people and feel miserable if others are doing well.

Very common with a lot of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
The only reason you cannot sustain a faith in god is because god is a fiction. That is why you must read the text over and over again. Nobody studies aerodynamics and aeroplanes over and over again to gain confidence in flying in an aeroplane.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by LordReed(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:
Loss of faith in God is a walk into bleakness and uncertainty .

Rubbish. The people of faith are the most uncertain people of all. Ask anybody who prayed to god and didn't get what they prayed for, you'll hear all sorts of excuses.

I have dumped faith in the trash can where it belongs and my outlook in life is far from bleak. I face my challenges rationally and bravely and I get positive results.

This is some of the rubbish people say in other to paint nonbelief as an untenable position. Downright rubbish.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:
Wow! The Devil fabricates lies and distributes it round the world.A little of what you said is true but why do you criticise instead of looking at the clear good part of the doctrines. Things of the spirit can't be comprehended on the physical, I hope you know. We need to put our trust in God and leave irrelevances or else, on the day of reckoning, we'll be shamed and damned.

If you were born in Iran you will be a Muslim.

I wish you can just use your sense and see it.

Just look up on the development of early Christianity.
You are an orthodox Christian, be more orthopraxy...

You have to thank Constantine for the TYPE of Christianity we have now.
Look up on Arian controversy.

They didn't tell you in church that trinity was made up?
Now with that fact, evaluate everything they have told you since you were born.

You can also look up on epic of Gilgamesh.
Have your u checked the true meaning of crusades? Holy war?
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:

Mention the lies here.

Don't be dogmatic. look up history.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

That's what they told you.

If you were born in India or China , they will tell you another thing.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:

You so close to God and he didn't tell you about the real meaning of church and ecclesia.
He didn't tell you the Catholic church removed some chapters in the bible?
Didn't tell you the first Bible is secretly kept in the Vatican.
Didn't tell you the Protestant Bible is different from the Ethiopian Bible and the Catholic Bible?

Even in that your Bible, God said you should Search for wisdom.
You perish because you lack wisdom.

Read the gospel of Thomas, it's not part of the mainstream Christianity.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:

You are right.
So many lies in the bible, the 'devil' must have fabricated it.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
Before I give mine view on this thread. Let me first clarify out some sentiments.

jamace:
You have lost faith in God when:

=You Cut corners in your dealings with others.
-You Rig elections to win
-You Act as a thug during elections
-You Loot public money or items
-You Cheat in any way
-You Bribe to get employment promotion, favour etc
-You Show nepotism
-You shun truth to tell lies for your interest
-You mock the poor

-E.t.c

In as much as I don't want to criticize and avoid being hypocritical I will utmost tell you that you are guilty of all of these. That a fact you might not know but I will never use it against you!
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynia:

That's what they told you.

If you were born in India or China , they will tell you another thing.

And then Christian missionaries would still come and tell me THE TRUTH of the Cross, whereby I would have my own choice to make.

Granted, I am lucky that my choice doesn't hurt my family or alienate me from my culture which is what makes it easier for me than my brethren in India and China.

But that doesn't make the truth any less true.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Galapagous:

let he without sin be the first to cast the stone.

I'm not casting any stone, I'm showing that guy why it's not good to be an illiterate.

If I want to argue about Islam I will go and check what I'm saying first or at least ask a good question instead of ranting ignorantly smh
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blakewilli:
I think we should care less about the historical foundation of the Bible and focus on it's content. I don't know for you but there's this experience I had once, in my life. I know that it's only God that saved me. God works in mysterious ways. who are we to question our Creator

Do you think we can careless about historical foundation of any circumstances. This histories made human what we are and brought us here today. In as much as you background has more impact on you likewise historical events much about you. Know need for argument.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

And then Christian missionaries would still come and tell me THE TRUTH of the Cross, whereby I would have my own choice to make.

Granted, I am lucky that my choice doesn't hurt my family or alienate me from my culture which is what makes it easier for me than my brethren in India and China.

Christian missionaries or colonizers?

Everybody with their own truth.

Christianity comes from Judaism, you know?

READ ABOUT THE EARLY DEVELOPMENT OF CHRISTIANITY.

BRAINWASHED.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
midnighter:

The truth is a lie.

Read on the origin of Christianity.

Even the Qur'an is more authentic and untampered than the PROTESTANT bible.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynia:

Christian missionaries or colonizers?

Colonisation was wrong. Neo-colonialism is wrong. Imperialism is wrong. Malevolent political interference is wrong, racism is wrong, exploitation is wrong and yet the truth of the Cross still prevails and God uses our sin and folly for the greater good and to show His glory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / Does God Speak To You? How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.