Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (66892 Views)

Police Rescue A Day-Old Baby From A Sewage Tank In Gowon Estate, Lagos / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died / Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 11:45am On Jan 07, 2020
Fancyforlife:

Why following propaganda? Have you heard from the parents? Did you confirmed their side of the story.

Which part of it is propaganda? Isn't it well known that a Jw will allow someone to die than accept blood transfusion? Even to the extent of forcibly removing patience from the hospital?

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2020
Xbee007:

When someone needs blood transfusion urgently, they need it, otherwise they die. There is no alternative.

there are alternative to blood. most doctors will not tell you. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Deandean: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2020
Well,the natural survival instinct would prompt most of us to judge matters like this emotionally...but may i tell you if you are open to learning,that blood transfusion though cheap and easy is a grossly outdated medical procedure and removed from the list of best medical practice in countries like the United states,india,uk and the euro zones...this is because on examination of the post conditionalities of transfused patients,the life long cost of suppressing cell conflicts outweighs the short term benefits.
Also,some Nigerian doctors are mostly know to stop there continued professional development,applying only the medical procedures from the 80s,procedures the world had moved away from. Also,please verify these,95% of doctors would never ever accept transfusion,either for self or thete wards.they understand what is involved.but are quick to recommend transfusion because "blood money" is quick money.
Jehovah's witnesses understand the countless dangers associated with even a well screened blood sample not to mention the blood these hospitals collect from abokis at N2000/pint,if only they tell you how many complications,deaths,terminal illnesses had resulted from transfusion,we also understand how our lives and that of our wards are is precious in God's eye.we would not out of social pressure consent to a lazy doctor's outdated and dangerous recommendations.our refusal is the ultimate respect for life.

Now on the issue of best international practice,i would not say a word for you not to think i am promoting an unpopular idea,please use Google,or ask highly updated medical advisers.do you also know that worldwide,Jehovah's witnesses reach out to medical doctors,encouraging them to update there knowledge on general best practice,they have trained tens of thousands of non Jehovah's witness doctors,for the benefit of all.
This Lagos state agency is only trying to score cheap political points,i assure you,the DG herself would never accept a transfusion if shez a medical doctor.

Romanoff:
Na wa o

I watched an episode of Grey's anatomy where a Jehovah's Witness parent refused their child treatment because of their belief. Guess what?

The mother went behind the husband's back, dropped the boy at the hospital and ran away.

Dr Karev did the surgery and transfusion on the boy, dad came threatening to sue the hospital, the mother spoke up and said I gave birth to him, I will not let him die if something can be done to save him.

Insanity in the name of religion.

4 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by brosammy(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2020
Let doctrine kill that baby, you will give account to God, thousands of people are out there hoping that God will answer them and give them child, here are one that God gave freely and yet wanted to kill him/her
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2020
Crofton:

Can you show me where in the scriptures we were commanded to take injections or to undergo surgery ?

Can you show where in the scriptures we were commanded to use mobile phones as means of communication ?

Do you want to mind the brainwashed fool? To think I use to reason like these a while ago... Anyway! I thank God I was saved from this extremist
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Janosky: 11:50am On Jan 07, 2020
barragan:
Transfusion to cure Jaundice? That ordinary should be a last resort situation why have the government taken it upon themselves to force it on someone's child?

Exchange of blood portends more danger for a new born than help.

You can see the level of bias & prejudice being exhibited by some overzealous individuals in the name of officialdom.
The parents can institute legal action against them,if they so desire.....

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Bacteriologist(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

if you are a doctor shame on you. definite treatment of lymphoma is targeted therapy . any other treatment rendered is supportive. can you define targeted therapy? do not tell me it is not available in nigeria.
vampire doctor

Yes!! I love how you picked ONE of all the listed diseases because it suits your narrative. Classic move from you there! Bravo!

This post and thread will serve as a first hand result of how religion brainwashes people and makes them dishonest: Cherry-picking scenarios that suit them to justify their evil actions.

Thank you for giving me and so many other readers of this post now and in many years to come, a concrete reason to run away from religion. Or at least to desist from the cult called Jehovah witnesses.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

list causes of dic
list causes of elevated bilirubin.
list cause of acute severe anaemia
with cardiopulmonary compromise

no wonder many doctors kill their patients by giving supportive care and ignoring definite treatment of underlying condition.

I said severe hyperbilirubinemia don't change my words.
I didn't say elevated bilirubin. Liar

No wonder doctors like you treat other things without addressing acute life threatening issues.
The way your religion kills newborns in developing countries abi?

Treat the underlying cause of the acute severe anemia with cardiopulmonary compromise and DIC,

Treat severe hyperbilirubinemia secondary to rh incompatibility

Ode.

Murderer.
You are delighted at people dying from blood transfusion refusal because you believe you will see them in paradise earth.

I FEEL YOU HAVE EVEN KILLED YOUR CHILDREN SELF

LET ME TELL YOU NOW THAT YOU WILL KEEP WAITING FOR PARADISE EARTH AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN JUST THE WAY YOUR FOUNDING FATHERS DIED WAITING.

Keep justifying murdering babies because your leaders made a law.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Janosky: 11:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Xbee007:

When someone needs blood transfusion urgently, they need it, otherwise they die. There is no alternative.
Dey there dey deceive yourself grin

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Xbee007(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

there are alternative to blood. most doctors will not tell you. Google is your friend.
Say, some accident victims have just been rushed to the Accident and Emergency unit of an hospital. They have lost lots of blood. If you leave them to recover the lost blood, they will surely die because it takes days of intensive care do that, which, obviously, they don't have.

Mention one alternative of blood transfusion that the doctors can follow. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 11:54am On Jan 07, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

I said severe hyperbilirubinemia don't change my words.
I didn't say elevated bilirubin. Liar

No wonder doctors like you treat other things without addressing acute life threatening issues.
The way your religion kills newborns in developing countries abi?

Treat the underlying cause of the acute severe anemia with cardiopulmonary compromise and DIC,

Treat severe hyperbilirubinemia secondary to rh incompatibility

Ode.

Murderer.
You are delighted at people dying from blood transfusion refusal because you believe you will see them in paradise earth.

I FEEL YOU HAVE EVEN KILLED YOUR CHILDREN SELF

LET ME TELL YOU NOW THAT YOU WILL KEEP WAITING FOR PARADISE EARTH AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN JUST THE WAY YOUR FOUNDING FATHERS DIED WAITING.

Keep justifying murdering babies because your leaders made a law.

define hyperbilirubinemia.smh

block head . shit

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Deandean: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2020
Islie:

At the detriment of a baby life when science have provided alternative...

Respect my foot
Well,the natural survival instinct would prompt most of us to judge matters like this emotionally...but may i tell you if you are open to learning,that blood transfusion though cheap and easy is a grossly outdated medical procedure and removed from the list of best medical practice in countries like the United states,india,uk and the euro zones...this is because on examination of the post conditionalities of transfused patients,the life long cost of suppressing cell conflicts outweighs the short term benefits.
Also,some Nigerian doctors are mostly know to stop there continued professional development,applying only the medical procedures from the 80s,procedures the world had moved away from. Also,please verify these,95% of doctors would never ever accept transfusion,either for self or thete wards.they understand what is involved.but are quick to recommend transfusion because "blood money" is quick money.
Jehovah's witnesses understand the countless dangers associated with even a well screened blood sample not to mention the blood these hospitals collect from Northerners at N2000/pint,if only they tell you how many complications,deaths,terminal illnesses had resulted from transfusion,we also understand how our lives and that of our wards are is precious in God's eye.we would not out of social pressure consent to a lazy doctor's outdated and dangerous recommendations.our refusal is the ultimate respect for life.

Now on the issue of best international practice,i would not say a word for you not to think i am promoting an unpopular idea,please use Google,or ask highly updated medical advisers.do you also know that worldwide,Jehovah's witnesses reach out to medical doctors,encouraging them to update there knowledge on general best practice,they have trained tens of thousands of non Jehovah's witness doctors,for the benefit of all.
This Lagos state agency is only trying to score cheap political points,i assure you,the DG herself would never accept a transfusion if shez a medical doctor.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2020
barragan:
Transfusion to cure Jaundice? That ordinarily should be a last resort situation why have the government taken it upon themselves to force it on someone's child?

Exchange of blood portends more danger for a new born than help.

What if it was the last resort already? What if they had exhausted other options? Do you think neonatologists will just say EBT once? Look for another explanation to justify murder done by your religion.

Jim Jones people's temple told his members to drink cyanide. He thought he was right and his members thought he was right. He murdered them the way your organisation is murdering their followers.

All na beliefs

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2020
Deandean:

Jehovah's witnesses understand the countless dangers associated with even a well screened blood sample not to mention the blood these hospitals collect from Northerners at N2000/pint,if only they tell you how many complications,deaths,terminal illnesses had resulted from transfusion,we also understand how our lives and that of our wards are is precious in God's eye.we would not out of social pressure consent to a lazy doctor's outdated and dangerous recommendations.our refusal is the ultimate respect for life.

Give us the new treatment for treating severe hyperbilirubinemia?

The one jws were championing as a replacement for blood transfusion has been banned because of the number of deaths it caused.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

block head . shit

I said severe hyperbilirubinemia block head and killer
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Yes!! I love how you picked ONE of all the listed diseases because it suits your narrative. Classic move from you there! Bravo!

This post and thread will serve as a first hand result of how religion brainwashes people and makes them dishonest: Cherry-picking scenarios that suit them to justify their evil actions.

Thank you for giving me and so many other readers of this post now and in many years to come, a concrete reason to run away from religion. Or at least to desist from the cult called Jehovah witnesses.

define targeted therapy?
list causes of severe anaemia and their underlying causes if any with definite and supportive treatment

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by barragan: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

What if it was the last resort already? What if they had exhausted other options? Do you think neonatologists will just say EBT once? Look for another explanation to justify murder done by your religion.

[s]Jim Jones people's temple told his members to drink cyanide. He thought he was right and his members thought he was right. He murdered them the way your organisation is murdering their followers. [/s]

All na beliefs

No indications from the story that it has become a last resort situation. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't I have only said blood exchange is the last resort for an extreme jaundiced baby.

The rest of the jargon you wrote is not for me.

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

block head . shit

Define severe hyperbilirubinemia block head and baby killer

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
barragan:

No indications from the story that it has become a last resort situation. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't I have only said blood exchange is the last resort for an extreme jaundiced baby.

The rest of the jargon you wrote is not for me.

It's a possibility baby met the criteria for getting an exchange blood transfusion
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
martowskin1:

If u are smart as u portray, u will be able to differentiate people character from their religion. Are other church member not do worst. Focus on the person, leave their religion. Religion doesn't define u.

As regard this blood issue, have read their articles about it, they are other options available outside blood which is even more expensive than blood transfusion.

I made a research about it and realised that is where the world is moving to gradually, bloodless surgery and the rest.

The parents of this child would have act improper, when u reject something, there is other options which from my research the JW medical teams pointed out and other doctors outside the JW are using it now.

So b4 u rundown people religion, make ur research, Africans have issues when practising religion and we have seen it over and over again, the religion is not the problem but the people practising it

Leaving aside that fact that you are Speaking as if you are not a member of that extremist group. What you wrote above there is total trash. And it's only in your religious propaganda that these nonsense written up there is believed.

Here are some facts about blood transfusion and donations your religion don't tell you when dishing out their propaganda...

56 Facts about Blood
1. More than 4.5 million patients need blood transfusions each year in the U.S. and Canada.
2. 43,000 pints: amount of donated blood used each day in the U.S. and Canada.
3. Someone needs blood every two seconds.
4. Only 37 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood – less than 10 percent do annually**.
5. About 1 in 7 people entering a hospital need blood.
6. One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
7. Healthy adults who are at least 17 years old, and at least 110 pounds may donate about a pint of blood—the most common form of donation—every 56 days, or every two months. Females receive 53 percent of blood transfusions; males receive 47 percent.
8. 94 percent of blood donors are registered voters.
9. Four main red blood cell types: A, B, AB and O. Each can be positive or negative for the Rh factor. AB is the universal recipient; O negative is the universal donor of red blood cells.
10. Dr. Karl Landsteiner first identified the major human blood groups – A, B, AB and O – in 1901.
11. One unit of blood can be separated into several components: red blood cells, plasma, platelets and cryoprecipitate.
12. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the body’s organs and tissues.
13. Red blood cells live about 120 days in the circulatory system.
14. Platelets promote blood clotting and give those with leukemia and other cancers a chance to live.
15. Plasma is a pale yellow mixture of water, proteins and salts.
16. Plasma, which is 90 percent water, makes up 55 percent of blood volume.
17. Healthy bone marrow makes a constant supply of red cells, plasma and platelets.
18. Blood or plasma that comes from people who have been paid for it cannot be used to human transfusion.
19. Granulocytes, a type of white blood cell, roll along blood vessel walls in search of bacteria to engulf and destroy.
20. White cells are the body’s primary defense against infection.
21. Apheresis is a special kind of blood donation that allows a donor to give specific blood components, such as platelets.
22. 42 days: how long most donated red blood cells can be stored.
23. Five days: how long most donated platelets can be stored.
24. One year: how long frozen plasma can be stored.
25. Much of today’s medical care depends on a steady supply of blood from healthy donors.
26. 2.7 pints: the average whole blood and red blood cell transfusion.*
27. Children being treated for cancer, premature infants and children having heart surgery need blood and platelets from donors of all types, especially type O.
28. Anemic patients need blood transfusions to increase their red blood cell levels.
29. Cancer, transplant and trauma patients, and patients undergoing open-heart surgery may require platelet transfusions to survive.
30. Sickle cell disease is an inherited disease that affects more than 80,000 people in the United States, 98 percent of whom are of African descent.
31. Many patients with severe sickle cell disease receive blood transfusions every month.
32. A patient could be forced to pass up a lifesaving organ, if compatible blood is not available to support the transplant.
33. Thirteen tests (11 for infectious diseases) are performed on each unit of donated blood.
34. 17 percent of non-donors cite “never thought about it” as the main reason for not giving, while 15 percent say they’re too busy.
35. The #1 reason blood donors say they give is because they “want to help others.”
36. Shortages of all blood types happen during the summer and winter holidays.
37. Blood centers often run short of types O and B red blood cells.
38. The rarest blood type is the one not on the shelf when it’s needed by a patient.
39. There is no substitute for human blood.
40. If all blood donors gave three times a year, blood shortages would be a rare event (The current average is about two.).
41. If only one more percent of all Americans would give blood, blood shortages would disappear for the foreseeable future.
42. 46.5 gallons: amount of blood you could donate if you begin at age 17 and donate every 56 days until you reach 79 years old.
43. Four easy steps to donate blood: medical history, quick physical, donation and snacks.
44. The actual blood donation usually takes about 10 minutes. The entire process – from the time you sign in to the time you leave – takes about an hour.
45. After donating blood, you replace the fluid in hours and the red blood cells within four weeks. It takes eight weeks to restore the iron lost after donating.
46. You cannot get AIDS or any other infectious disease by donating blood.
47. 10 pints: amount of blood in the body of an average adult.
48. One unit of whole blood is roughly the equivalent of one pint.
49. Blood makes up about 7 percent of your body’s weight.
50. A newborn baby has about one cup of blood in his body.
51. Giving blood will not decrease your strength.
52. Any company, community organization, place of worship or individual may contact their local community blood center to host a blood drive.
53. Blood drives hosted by companies, schools, places of worship and civic organizations supply roughly half of all blood donations across the US.
54. People who donate blood are volunteers and are not paid for their donation.
55. 500,000: the number of Americans who donated blood in the days following the September 11 attacks.
56. Blood donation. It’s about an hour of your time. It’s About Life.

** W Riley, et al. The United States’ potential blood donor pool: estimating the prevalence of donor-exclusion factors on the pool of potential donors. Transfusion 2007.

*Source: The 2005 Nationwide Blood Collection and Utilization Survey Report, Department of Health & Human Services

https://fourhearts.org/facts/

They simply keep you people in trusting ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

I said severe hyperbilirubinemia block head and killer

define hyperbilirubinemia? and class it to mild, moderate and severe ? and define treatment for each ?

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ifakiland:
The main problem with this country is people forming their beliefs on others, thinking theirs is the best. Now you've subjected the baby to a life of neglect and hate, cos now people dat are supposed to show it love will show it hatred cos of the blood transfusion, it will be treated as an outcast.
For the people saying the right thing was done, I hope you can adopt the child when her parents finally rejects her... Hypos.

The baby should have been allowed to die instead?
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by grandstar(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
JustCurious:
That child may be ostracized, eventually by the church.... and treated as an infidel.

We are humans, first, before embracing religion. Let's remain humane.

The child won't be ostracized. The baby had no say in what happened. I'm a Jehovah Witness.

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
noucompact:
WHAT IF AFTER GIVEN THE CHILD BLOOD, AND THE CHILD DIES, WHO WILL THEN TAKE THE BLAIM?

At least, effort where made to save life.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2020
rottennaija:

Do you want to mind the brainwashed fool? To think I use to reason like these a while ago... Anyway! I thank God I was saved from this extremist

So you used to be one of them?

They call people like you apostates.

Are you aware you are an apostate? Just asking o abeg no bite my head off

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bloodless_medicine_surgery/

The Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery
For many patients, blood transfusion is not an option, whether for religious reasons or safety concerns. The Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery team understands and respects this view. We are experts in patient blood management, improving health outcomes and creating peace of mind for those who seek the very best healthcare, without the use of blood or blood products.
Discover the Benefits
There are many benefits to a bloodless approach. Research shows that patients who do not receive blood transfusions recover faster, experience fewer infections and leave the hospital sooner than those who do.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by WarHorse1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Interesting read. After going through all so far, I come to the following conclusions.

1. Most of those hard on the JWs know nothing about the reasons behind their beliefs. How will they know when they and their churches preach that you should never listen to them.

2. Because much knowledge of blood transfusion and it's alternatives are written in books, trust, majority of Africans and mostly Nigerians know nothing about it. Only a country that does not have regards for it's laws and knows that it's citizens knows not it's laws will do what the Lagos state govt did. show me where that was done in the western world and I will show you a prisoner in jail.

3. To JWs, do not worry yourselves. Even Jesus words that requires that "if someone slap in the right chic, turn the left for another slap" is not accepted by the majority of professed Christians. Also the one that says love your enemies. Majority of professed Christians don't believe God should come first in their lives. They do not accept that the wisdom of God is foolishness to men. so if they call you fools, they are men and that is how the Bible says that will see things.

4. Even Jesus was considered an extremist and was killed because his teachings where strange to then then understandings.

Haters. you are welcomed to kill me. I will understand.

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Bacteriologist:
[/size]

Your questions are ambiguous:

It is like asking how many people have been saved in car crashes by seatbelts.

We know seat belts save lives but we cannot accurately quantify how many people have actually been saved by applying seatbelts.

It's the same way we cannot ascertain the actual quantity of those that wore seatbelts and still died anyway.

But ONE THING is SURE: wearing a seatbelt DECREASES the LIKELIHOOD of serious injury or death in the event of a crash.

It is the same thing with blood transfusion. When it comes to human lives every form of treatment available becomes useful because every second and action counts.

There are lots of cases of people who definitely have survived a medical condition because they received blood.

A clear example is that of this baby who of course would have given up save for the humanitarian action of the Lagos government. And would have added yet another stain to your erroneous doctrine.

There a lot of cases of people who lost their lives because they ignorantly refused to receive blood and died as a result.

Also, rather unfortunately, there are people who received blood transfusion and still died due to several other factors in healthcare.

Bottom line: Blood transfusion SAVES LIVES. And it is a damning thought: the unfortunate reality that Jehovah witnesses refuse to save the lives of people INCLUDING young children because an ancient book says so.

It is rather appalling that you guys would result to "statistics" in a bid to undermine the positives of blood transfusion and highlight the negatives instead.

Shame on all of you. Oh And thank you for comparing your religion to the likes of Hitler and Stalin. The level of brainwash in your religion is on par with that of the followers of the mentioned men.

I don't know the bible like many witnesses out there. I'm still studying. But Lemme try and take you on with the little I know.

But first, is it OK to conclude that you do not have that much regard for the bible?@d bolded?

Please lets not insult ourselves. Lets try and make logical arguments with all civility

3 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

I am very sure options were not explained to them.
even in extreme cases, there are always options but some doctors are dogmatic. they are not interested in options and when patients died due to their dogmatism, they would find medical terminologies to cover their mistakes.

And you or the doctor is the expert on the field?
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by grandstar(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
donprinyo:
As far as am concern, de baby does not belong to de parents anymore.

The instruction to abstain from blood is scriptural. We used to accept blood transfusions in the past. However, due to a better understanding of the Bible, we had to start abstaining from blood (Read Acts 15:28-29). This was a carryover from the Mosaic law that forbade blood consumption in any form

We accept any treatment that excludes blood transfusion. Many doctors agree that treatments excluding blood transfusion have better results.

However, whether they have better results or not, we are simply following a scriptural instruction. If tomorrow, we realize the Bible says otherwise, we will start accepting blood.

We are a people that don't celebrate Christmas or Easter yet drink alcohol. We drink alcohol because the Bible does not stop us from drinking. If an elder preaches otherwise, he must prove to us by the scriptures. If what tfw overseer preaches has no scriptural backing, the congregation will be informed not to follow his view that it the view is wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

define hyperbilirubinemia? and class it to mild, moderate and severe ? and define treatment for each ?

Keep asking and go and read. No be only defined. Me I said severe hyperbilirubinemia o. You have now gone to hyperbilirubinemia and let me class it for you and give you treatment for each.

Baby killer.

Want to justify murder lol.
Bottom line is baby had blood transfusion and need an EBT because neonatologists said so.

But joy and faith says there are other alternatives to EBT for this child because her leaders said so. Therefore doctors Responsible for baby don't know anything even going as far as getting a court injunction doesn't make EBT important because jw religion banned blood transfusion even for neonates.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
Masking:

So you used to be one of them?

They call people like you apostates.

Are you aware you are an apostate? Just asking o abeg no bite my head off

It doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do, conducting my biz, visit who I need to visit, talking with who I need to and living my life. And if anyone thinks he knows what apostate means, let them say that face to face with me.

Immediately I asked then to explain, you see them running as a whipped dog.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Man’s Affairs With Five Married Women Ends In Mysterious Skin Disease / Dr. Paul Enenche Working From 20th Floor Of Trump Towers (Pictures) / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.