Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (66895 Views)

Police Rescue A Day-Old Baby From A Sewage Tank In Gowon Estate, Lagos / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died / Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
rottennaija:

And you or the doctor is the expert on the field?
do you understand concept of patient-centred healthcare against old-fashioned doctor-centred healthcare.?

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
grandstar:

The child won't be ostracized. The baby had no say in what happened. I'm a Jehovah Witness.

No Jehovah's witness gets ostracised for taking blood. At least not anymore

Deciding whether to take blood in a life-death situation is no easy feat.

No witness,adult or child, baptized or not, is disfellowshiped for accepting blood transfusion. Everyone is left to their conscience on that issue

3 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by WarHorse1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
rottennaija:

And you or the doctor is the expert on the field?
Hey, you don't have to be a medical doctor to know about blood transfusion and bloodless medicine when you know one day, you may be faced with such decisions. it there for all to read.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by DavidEsq(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Olajumoke11:
James 2:14-26
U said blood transfusion has its support in the scriptures. That is what I asked u to enlighten me on. I already know those scriptures u quoted. Is there nowhere in the scriptures where blood transfusion is supported? Thats what I asked u to enlighten me on. Pls could u do that? It would be nice.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
grandstar:

The instruction to abstain from blood is scriptural. We used to accept blood transfusions in the past. However, due to a better understanding of the Bible, we had to start abstaining from blood (Read Acts 15:28-29). This was a carryover from the Mosaic law that forbade blood consumption in any form

We accept any treatment that excludes blood transfusion. Many doctors agree that treatments excluding blood transfusion have better results.

However, whether they have better results or not, we are simply following a scriptural instruction. If tomorrow, we realize the Bible says otherwise, we will start accepting blood.

We are a people that don't celebrate Christmas or Easter yet drink alcohol. We drink alcohol because the Bible does not stop us from drinking. If an elder preaches otherwise, he must prove to us by the scriptures. If what tfw overseer preaches has no scriptural backing, the congregation will be informed not to follow his view that it the view is wrong.

Even jim Jones will give you scriptural back up to justify his mass murder.

Suicide bombers have scriptural backing.

Every evil committed by religious bodies on this earth has scriptural backing.

You say abortion is bad and jehovah will be angry but once the same child is born and needs blood transfusion you let him die instead and say jehovah will be happy.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by crusufixo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
If this story is true, then Those parents do not deserve the baby. They should give out the baby to a deserving couple who are in need of a child.....Very silly parents... even their jehovah witness general overseer would have probably given his blood to his child if he was in the same situation...
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

do you understand concept of patient-centred healthcare against old-fashioned doctor-centred healthcare.?

Not for children or newborns.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
crusufixo:
If this story is true, then Those parents do not deserve the baby. They should give out the baby to a deserving couple who are in need of a child.....Very silly parents... even their jehovah witness general overseer would have probably given his blood to his child if he was in the same situation...

Wrong.
Plus there's no daddy GO amongst witnesses

5 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by deebrain(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
I'm almost in tears reading this story.

Has it become this bad?
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by virago(f): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gloriousheart:
I still don't understand why they prefer an innocent person dying to blood transfusion. Lagos State government, well done ojare for saving the innocent baby's life.

If it's their adults who choose to die, I won't even bat an eyelid...but for a newborn or child? Abeg, the child has a right to life despite the parents religious beliefs!

The parents ought to be jailed

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

say who ?

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hairyrapunzel:

say who ?

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
DonBenny77:
JWs are brainwashed fools, na me talk am grin

Same can be said of your RELIGION or DENOMINATION or DOCTRINE.....

RELIGION IN ITSELF IS BRAINWASHING!!!!
Hairyrapunzel:

say who ?
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by virago(f): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
Authoreety:
Respect people's belief

For those quoting me;
I'm not in support of the parents stance, but we should mind what we say or do about what others believe in

So their belief is enough for the child to die abi If the blood transfusion is for them and they don't want to that's their own cup of tea but for a child who can't make a decision by herself at that stage then that belief is stewpid
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by WarHorse1(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
crusufixo:

Above is a good example of people who know nothing about JWs. Do JWs have general overseers?

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Authoreety:
Respect people's belief

For those quoting me;
I'm not in support of the parents stance, but we should mind what we say or do about what others believe in
Shut the fvck up. There's freedom of belief so long as it doesn't harm another person.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by joyandfaith: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Masking:

No Jehovah's witness gets ostracised for taking blood. At least not anymore

Deciding whether to take blood in a life-death situation is no easy feat.

No witness,adult or child, baptized or not, is disfellowshiped for accepting blood transfusion. Everyone is left to their conscience on that issue

do not mind them

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by donprinyo(m): 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
grandstar:

The instruction to abstain from blood is scriptural. We used to accept blood transfusions in the past. However, due to a better understanding of the Bible, we had to start abstaining from blood (Read Acts 15:28-29). This was a carryover from the Mosaic law that forbade blood consumption in any form

We accept any treatment that excludes blood transfusion. Many doctors agree that treatments excluding blood transfusion have better results.

However, whether they have better results or not, we are simply following a scriptural instruction. If tomorrow, we realize the Bible says otherwise, we will start accepting blood.

We are a people that don't celebrate Christmas or Easter yet drink alcohol. We drink alcohol because the Bible does not stop us from drinking. If an elder preaches otherwise, he must prove to us by the scriptures. If what tfw overseer preaches has no scriptural backing, the congregation will be informed not to follow his view that it the view is wrong.

Broda, since u prefer a dead child to a live one, government is taking custody of this child. Let the parents go and bury the dead ones in the mortuary. Simple. God bless lagos state government

2 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
rottennaija:

It doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do, conducting my biz, visit who I need to visit, talking with who I need to and living my life. And if anyone thinks he knows what apostate means, let them say that face to face with me.

Immediately I asked then to explain, you see them running as a whipped dog.

Lol
But considering your history with Jws I'm sure you know what@headTO meant was that
The bible condemns the consumption of blood and no where was it stated that an exemption could be made if the blood was for treating an ailment.

Can I ask why you dropped the witness faith? Cos all I see there is TRUTH, the one that leads to eternal life

3 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
headTO:
so you are a braindirty sensible. Learn not to talk like a slowpoke when u have problem with people's belief. Can you show me where in the scripture we were commanded to take blood as a form of treatment?
Here's another f.ool.
You are at liberty to believe whatsoever you want to so long as it doesn't affect another person's life. Period.

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by WriterX(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
religion is simple "worship God your creator"
doctrines are complex " worship God your creator in a certain way"
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by donprinyo(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Also the fact dat u are born in a Christian, Muslim or not religious is not compulsory u should follow suit. A child dat wants to live should be allowed to live. Freedom of life is guaranteed to any law abiding human beings.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
Ifakiland:
The main problem with this country is people forming their beliefs on others, thinking theirs is the best. Now you've subjected the baby to a life of neglect and hate, cos now people dat are supposed to show it love will show it hatred cos of the blood transfusion, it will be treated as an outcast.
For the people saying the right thing was done, I hope you can adopt the child when her parents finally rejects her... Hypos.
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

say who ?

Says the law. When healthcare givers feel the babies require a treatment parents or caregivers do not approve of they take over care of the babies.

You don't even think children have a right to get healthcare? Lol

If children didn't have any rights not that lagos state govt wouldn't have been able to take over care of the patients

Your patient is your number 1 priority so saving the child's life is what is most important
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Necxs: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
If i had the chance and freedom, i would join both the parent and the members of the church and flog them.
I don't like nonsense.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Beedude(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
Do not seek heavenly intervention when common sense is required. That is how some pastors will tell their members not to take medicine or herbs when ill and they will still obey. I am a Christian and I read my Bible. But somethings don't just addup when I read how extreme people have become cos of this religion. Read a pastor saying atm card and Bvn are signs of 666 or end time. Life no hard reach this level now. I can never be Brainwashed
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Hairyrapunzel: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
joyandfaith:

do not mind them

Story but you will be marked as bad association. Still same thing cos no one will talk to you
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by azukaegopeter(m): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is not religion... Its just a group of lost souls
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by Masking: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2020
WriterX:
religion is simple "worship God your creator"

doctrines are complex " worship God your creator in a certain way"

Unfortunately, or fortunately rather, the creator has it such that Jesus is the way to God. And Jesus the way said, you must worship God in spirit and truth. You can read about that in his encounter with the samaritan woman at the well, that one that had had 5husbands.

So whether we like it or not, we must worship God, the creator, a certain way. Its that simple

Its not complex

3 Likes

Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by rottennaija(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
Janosky:

Go & charge them for farther nau ?
U no know road to court?

What is being done is done.
Re: Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents by DavidEsq(m): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
rottennaija:

It doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do, conducting my biz, visit who I need to visit, talking with who I need to and living my life. And if anyone thinks he knows what apostate means, let them say that face to face with me.

Immediately I asked then to explain, you see them running as a whipped dog.
Right now I wouldn't say u sound like someone who reasons. U sound embittered about something very far from the issue afoot. Something else propels u, I am certain of that. Since u do not sound like someone who reasons, it would be difficult to believe your last sentence here. Now I would watch u justify my opinion. Shoot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Dr. Paul Enenche Working From 20th Floor Of Trump Towers (Pictures) / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths / "FMC Owerri Doctors Refused To Treat Madonna University Student Shot Last Night"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.