Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets - Foreign Affairs (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (97837 Views)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Breaking : Iran Attacks US Airbase / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nezy4Real(m): 10:53am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.
You will just be fine.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by lionel4mercy: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2020
ndi ala everywhere. what is this biko nu
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by ogbonti: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

Shut up your mouth... yeennn yennnn yennn yemnnn DO YOU KNOW THIS SAME SOLEIMANI PLOTTED THE ASSASSINATION OF THE SAUDI AMBASSADOR TO THE USA BUT RHE ATTEMPT WAS FOILED? Awww so that Saudi official is not a government official abi? You talk anyhow spewing CNN talking points here ... Ao soleimani’s life is more important than any other hundreds and thousands of lives in the world ? You are cr a zy
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Southsoul: 10:55am On Jan 08, 2020
Jokerman:

The same US that destroyed the Soviet Union which Russia headed??

China?? That the Japanese could have finished if not the US??
I don't need to spell you to believe me but then that's the truth those two Nations are strongly thirsty to bring America to her kneel just wait let the war start then you will know that Nations that is angry with America is many
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Jokerman(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2020
Southsoul:
I don't need to spell you to believe me but then that's the truth those two Nations are strongly thirsty to bring America to her kneel just wait let the war start then you will know that Nations that is angry with America is many

Lol.... Just don't try America... America will only fall when it's God's appointed time... But for now, don't try them
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Southsoul: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2020
Jokerman:

Lol.... Just don't try America... America will only fall when it's God's appointed time... But for now, don't try them
see get me right my point here is that there nations waiting for the war to start for them to take sides against America
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by LegendHero(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2020
Timekeeper:

U r rejected in Nigeria.. Pls pass to Pakistan

You are so intelligent!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by LegendHero(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2020
uuzba:

This one wan claim overseas.
Common Guinea Bissau migrant. grin

Wow, you are the most intelligent man in the world!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by One4me: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

Your are the one that is failing to understand that USA under president Trump doesn’t give a damn about traditional foreign policies. He does what he likes and often goes with complete impunity. Didn’t North Korea president speculated about a Christmas gift to USA, did it ever get delivered? Wasn't it the same Saudi Arabia than Iran attacked their oil facilities a few months back?
A solid harm was done to Iran, and their much announced solid revenge has been to drop locally made rockets to sites that were not occupied by Americans. USA denying their foreign minister an entry visa to USA, there by preventing him from physically attending the UN meeting is also a rude way of telling them they ain’t nothing but shit.
What will it cost them (USA) to win it, or so far what have they lost (not even a soldier, whereas Iran lost their supreme General). As at now Iraq is the only country on the verge of sending US troop back home (but the consequences seems to be more than they can chew). What dimension has the famous retaliation caused? So far we have only been told the casualties were Iraqis, not Americans.
You are correct, Trump is very erratic in his decisions but since he represents the greatest country in the world (USA) he often does it will complete impunity. Well he (Trump) claimed the dude that was crushed with fire from above was planning multiple terrorist attacks. Trump ordered for the ”Mother of All Bombs” to be dropped in Afghanistan in 2017, what happed thereafter? Nothing whatsoever.

Ignorance is BLISS!
Did you say "locally made ROCKETS'?
You seem to know more than the American Generals that said Iran fired Guided Missiles from Iran into TWO of their bases?
I am sure you are not even aware that the Pentagon said "they were forwarned that they will be firing Missiles at so-so time and they did at that time?
I am sure you are not aware that Alarms weres ounded and all American troops in those bases headed for their underground bunker, to avoid the incoming missiles?

Now, what l was expecting people to be discussing is WHY did Iran inform their enemy of the time they would be firing the Missiles?
It is because Iran is not really interested in escalating this war, just yet but it wanted the Americans to be aware of their capability that they can fire precisely guided Missles, from Iran, into any target they so decide, something the Americans have been saying they can do or do not have the technology.
Their downing of the American Drone was also to let them know that they have the technology to identify and destroy "Stealth technology" of the Americans.

Like one of the American Generals said: The message from iran is in three fold:
1) To the Iraqis and other nations that may wish to collaborate with the Americans against the iranians
2) To their citizens that they are capable to defnd them
3) To the Americans, that they can hit them, if they so decide.

It is a good thing seeing the Iranians taking the "higher moral ground" and l am sure the Allies of America and other nations are taking Note.
But the real winner for Iran is that they have restarted their Nuclear program IN FULL, to develop Nuclear Weapons capability!
That is what America has lost under Trump. Under Obama, the Iranians were still curtailed to some level.

Israel is not smiling right now.
You seem to know more, it wants to be the only country with Nuclear capability so it can continue to harrass the other nations of the Middle East. undecided

2 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Kastrom: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2020
cool
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by One4me: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2020
ogbonti:

Shut up your mouth... yeennn yennnn yennn yemnnn DO YOU KNOW THIS SAME SOLEIMANI PLOTTED THE ASSASSINATION OF THE SAUDI AMBASSADOR TO THE USA BUT RHE ATTEMPT WAS FOILED? Awww so that Saudi official is not a government official abi? You talk anyhow spewing CNN talking points here ... Ao soleimani’s life is more important than any other hundreds and thousands of lives in the world ? You are cr a zy

And do you know that 22 of the 27 people involved in the bombing of the WTC on 9/11 were Saudi Citizens? Saudi Arabia is a state sponsor of terrorism, even more than nay other country in the Middle East
Do you know that this same Saudi Arabia is destroying Yemen, so it can have an Oil terminal at their Northern Port city?
Or is it not the same Saudi Arabia Crwon Prince that killed Jamal Kashogi in their Turkish embassy and had his body sawed into peices?

Dont even mention the US because thos eones have been killing the officials of other nations since God knows when.

Both Iran and US have blood on their hands, that is a FACT!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by toprealman: 11:20am On Jan 08, 2020
USA should learn from Arsenal, no more small clubs these days, anyone can beat just anyone.......on a good day!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Akuruoulo(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2020
MrMcJay:

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would rain bombs on whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.

U SO WELL KNOW THEM

IRANIANS AND THERE SUPPORTERS ARE CRY BABIES
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Horus(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIvOeKHpFE

Iran releases video of missile attacks on US bases in Iraq

More than a dozen rockets have been launched against US targets by Iran, hitting two Iraqi airbases where American and
coalition forces are based, Washington has confirmed.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by toprealman: 11:29am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!
When you buy a mob for a teenager,what do you expect? Trump is a dickhead
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2020
Koval12:
I expect Trump to react within the next 24 hours. He had promised to hit Iran so hard and fast should they retaliate. But that will be very foolish of him. Americans have more to lose if this crisis escalates beyond this.

Since there's no casualty, no American life was lost, I expect Trump not to strike back and de escalate this conflict. It's going to do the world a whole lot of good and Americans importantly.

NB: Putin might have just saved us from WWIII
All American allies are pissed with Trump because he didn't notify them before attacking Soleimani, China are now tactically backing Russian, and Russia is Iran's biggest ally.

It's a win win for Iran IMO
How most of you come to your conclusions is funny.

Which of the American allies are are pissed when France and UK are in support, including NATO?

Why will Russia and China waste resources on a war that doesn't concern them but might benefit them economically?

Which big nation has time to fight another because of a smaller one?

Most of you should stop commenting on issues that are beyond your comprehension.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Biodun556(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2020
mysticwarrior:
and you think the Iranians would be so stupid to lunch missiles to an empty US military base?

They may even be top US military officers in that base but the US would never disclose it, up till now they are still making acessment and people like you still believe it?

They will only admit they have casualties if they are willing to continue fight, but if they are not interested in the war, they will not admit to save face.

The most important is that whether the base was empty or not it's a slap on the US. Because any attack on US military facilities from any country it's a declaration of war. That's the rule of engagement.

Many people were making mouth that Iran will not retaliate, in the end Iran attacked with 22 ballistic missiles. That's commendable
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Horus(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNtmgTH0ICQ

Iran launches long-range missiles

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by BiafraforTrump: 11:42am On Jan 08, 2020
dmasterstone:
I pity you. Mind you Donald don't like Muslim country . when White man(Xtain) kills they calling it murderer but when a Muslim kill they will called the person terrorist.
Pity your weak brain dude.

Read my lips I don't like Muslims either..
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 11:43am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.

Hey, enjoy your Yankee NY City. You never missed Naija until war erupted. lol
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by qtx(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Pity your weak brain dude.

Read my lips I don't like Muslims either..
grin are you related to Trump?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 11:47am On Jan 08, 2020
MrMcJay:

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would rain bombs on whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.

Getting a memo doesn't change facts that Iran has lived up to its promise. You think all people on earth are like your religiously effeminated dumb Naija citizenry? Go and watch 300 Spartans and get my point. There are people on earth who will gladly die fighting for a cause. And by the end of this battle, it will dawn on your face that even a God-King can bleed. A lion is so powerful but can be taught the lesson of its life by small ants.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Biodun556(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2020
Tulsaguy:

Just check on CNN now, not even one Tsetse fly lost its life in the attack. Iran are joking with fire ..

US will not openly agree that they have casualties especially when they don't want the war to go further.

Whether somebody die in the attack or not it's a slap on the US. Iran has proofed many people wrong.
22 missiles attack is not joke. It's disgrace on America
According to US rule of engagement any attack on their military facilities or personnel is a declaration of war. Let's wait and see their response.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2020
ekaette1621:
RIP

IRAN

72 VIRGINS AWAITS THEE IN HELL

They'll gladly die unlike you who continue to run instead of stand and fight to the death.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by greggng: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2020
AbdulHakeem44:

They have fought more wars tan any countries, this alone shows that they are terrorists

It shows they are playing their God assigned role of being the defender of the universe. That is why God made them complete to face the task ahead. God forbid all this aggressive , terrorist countries where bless with such knowledge as America...they would 've over ran the world ...
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2020
martinlooter:
Gan Gan!!!! World War 3 don start. Please let them bomb Buhari in Aso Rock pleas

Not World War 3, but it's your madness that just started.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Horus(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc80gcMSMKY

Iran Media Says Missile Strikes Killed 20 'American Terrorists'

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
Natilolo:
I feel USA may not do a clap back if there are no or insignificant casualties. They may just let go for the sake of Peace, but if Iran continue with the attacks, am afraid, this my lead to a full blown war. God help both sides.

Dumb comment. Trump emphatically stressed that any attack by Iran will be matched with fast and deadly response. What are you saying here?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
byrron:

What a befitting username.
Even Pentagon is still gathering informations on what happened and you are here already cooking up conjectures without waiting for official updates from an event that is still unfolding?

Haaaaahaaaa!!!! You cracked me up. Fuuny but factual.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
Numerouno94:
Anoda Xtain nd Muslim battle on nairaland done start. Xtains re in support of America while Muslims re in support of Iran.
Abeg those mods shuld stop bringing dis US nd Iran topic to front page. We hv bad governance, Bokoharam, Yeye Bello nd Fulani herdmen to deal wit already, we dnt nid dis US nd Iran again.

Not every Nairalander is a Christian or Muslim. And besides, even Christians are faulting USA. The Age of Ignorance, Religion and blind support is gone.

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by OyinO: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Jokerman:

God?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by maasoap(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5613750/president-rouhani-assures-soleimanis-daughter/10#85508437

MrPresident1:

So therefore, the conclusion, is that, Iran will whine, and whine, and finally do nothing.
ZombieTERROR:

Iran will do nothing
DIKEnaWAR:

Iran is too much of a chicken hearted

You guys are so confident. But if Iran retaliate in one way or the other, will you guys apologise here? No, it's not in an average Nigerian to do that. Lol. Instead, you will be telling us that Iran made a mistake and would pay for it. We're revisiting this comments in future. grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5619558/us-airbase-iraq-hit-rockets
https://www.nairaland.com/5619610/oil-prices-soar-after-iran

I'm calling the three of you out here on this thread to render your apologies like I said the other time. Are you all men enough to apologise to Iran here? I don't think so. Kids

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013 / China Earthquake: How A Mother Saved Her Son (An Emotional Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.