Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets - Foreign Affairs (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (97796 Views)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Breaking : Iran Attacks US Airbase / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by mysticwarrior(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2020
CutieKing:

If america said they have no casualty better believe it.that country dont joke with the life of their citizen especially their soldiers.if any dies,they would have mentioned it.that attacks took place many hours ago.
and you think the Iranians would be so stupid to lunch missiles to an empty US military base?

They may even be top US military officers in that base but the US would never disclose it, up till now they are still making acessment and people like you still believe it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sterope(f): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2020
Soleimani is no different from Obama, Bush, Hillary, Theresa May etc. Has Obama been assassinated because US interference led to chaos especially terrosim in other countries?

Should criminality be excused based on complexion or citizenship?

beejay18:

Your own views bah?
Have ever make comprehensive search on why Soleimani was killed?

Does it occur to you that this terrorist has been on so many countries watch list?

Do you know the thousands of innocent life that this Soleimani has sent to early grave?

Pls do more research on why Soleimani was killed.

We can not lament over a terrorist been killed said by MORRIS. You think he doesn't know what he's saying bah?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by mysticwarrior(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2020
CutieKing:

Those attacks were not directed towards locations that houses americans soldiers.
Besides they were warned beforehand...
lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Blackking98(m): 9:09am On Jan 08, 2020
Koval12:
I expect Trump to react within the next 24 hours. He had promised to hit Iran so hard and fast should they retaliate. But that will be very foolish of him. Americans have more to lose if this crisis escalates beyond this.

Since there's no casualty, no American life was lost, I expect Trump not to strike back and de escalate this conflict. It's going to do the world a whole lot of good and Americans importantly.

NB: Putin might have just saved us from WWIII
All American allies are pissed with Trump because he didn't notify them before attacking Soleimani, China are now tactically backing Russian, and Russia is Iran's biggest ally.

It's a win win for Iran IMO
it's a big loss for Iran if there should be a war. Europe is not exactly happy with Trump in the decision but I assure u Europe will go to war with America should Russia and China step in . Watching CGTN yesterday and the discussion between correspondents from Iran, US, Europe and China. The Iran guy was trying to say Europe is not doing enough in terms of talking to Trump and criticising Europe for being US lapdog. Now I quote the response of the European,he said " if you think driving a wedge between Europe and US will get u a deal then you're not going anywhere". So that's to show u they have their own internal issues but when it comes to facing other's Europe and America have each other's backs. Remember Saudi,isreal and other us allies are around the corner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by yahmohy27: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2020
MrMcJay:

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would rain bombs on whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.
Rubbish,!
Stop thinking like this,sir!
Let's call a spade a spade!

2 Likes

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Sterope(f): 9:12am On Jan 08, 2020
US claimed. A country that has been known into invent lies to start wars based on false claims.

US also claimed Iran breached its agreement....contrary to EU and UN reports

They also claimed Iraq had a weapon of mass destruction.....we know how that turned out. We got ISIS from Iraq and Afghanistan thanks to US and co arming militias.

They have also been trying hard to destabilise China and Hong Kong.

US and the West have done more harm to our progress than Iran and Russia. But no, they are the bad guys. Does it have something to do with the superiority of skin colour or are you just suffering from Stockholm Syndrome?
klax:

Pls which problem Pls why are you people so myopic in reasoning? Why do you people love one sided judgement?

Where were you when this same Iran fire rocket first to killed US millitary contractor.

Now US retaliated and choked off Soleimani or whatever and you are all crying.

Pls why did Iran first fire rocket and killed the American without provocation pls answer me

Now Iran had rain down over 19 rockets on Iraq soil targeting the US THIS MORNING by the time US rain theirs back thunder will kill anyone that complain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by drmikeadams(m): 9:15am On Jan 08, 2020
MarrisManah:
The Iranian attacks were just a face saving act... I don't expect US or Trump to retaliate... Back channel diplomacy.
More meaningful revenge will come much more later through the usual proxies used by the Iranians in which case they'll deny as usual, but the US will still be aware of this possibility and as expected, are putting measures in place to check it.

Though I'll prefer swift response from Trump and counter force from Iran... The world is too boring lately.. they should spice it up a bit.. undecided
na so my man,Iran just dey beat around d bush

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Blackking98(m): 9:16am On Jan 08, 2020
Correcto:
Nigerians you can talk anyhow, just start praying for Iran because if there are casualties there must be consequences. Iran is no match for the US. I am currently watching the developments on Aljazeera. Please do stay glue on your TV.
I'm tired o. They won't sit down and watch CNN, aljeezera, BBC, skynews or CGTN. They'll be coming here to give wack analysis. I'm happy there are mature men like us on this platform. I Sha hope when the war starts Iran will not be crying to UN and human rights organization cus yes Americans will die, more the number of Iranians will die.. atleast 3 times more
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Ajibade123(m): 9:26am On Jan 08, 2020
somebody should sha help us beg that Buhari not to put his mouth o
see how to manage your business when you are sick https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-manage-a-business-when-sick/

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by cescky(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2020
N2B2:
Other presidents had the option to dispatch Soleimani, but they forewent it because US already had Iran in a good place.

Mr. Impeached could not seat still because new impeachment evidence against him was coming to light by the hour, so he went to do what he predicted in 2011 that Obama would do to get re-elected: declare war on Iran.

Iran is three times bigger than Iraq, and US spent more than a decade warring Iraq. Anyone who says It'll be easy to wipe out Iran must be eating a plate of half-fried akara with a can of Black Bullet.

You never made any point but sing nursery school rhymes

Wars are not fought by size of territory... Isreal which smaller than some Nigerian states can slap Africa anytime and anyway it likes

War is wrong... But Iran is a freaking third world nation. Go and sit down
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by loswhite(m): 9:32am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.
You are in new York and you are afraid of what is to come...lol. so what will those in Iraq and Afghanistan now say? Please comeback home since you no longer feel save in New York...lol
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Engraced80(f): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2020
There is nothing good about war. Both sides will certainly weep in one way or the other. No substitute to peace.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by CEOwatazs: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Nope.... sometimes u jus need to tell a worthless person the truth abt himself....

U still need to Change your friends...let them tell u the truth
Change yourself first
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by sacx: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2020
Very laughable how some Nairaland keyboard warriors think in a full blown war with Iran, the US would bleed cheesy.

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Ogaga87(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!

You are having hope with missiles strikes but your eye go clear when both sides fully kick off.. I assure you that one.. Your Iran will be be crippled
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by loswhite(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2020
MrMcJay:

How is Iraq US mainland?
By the time US responds, you'll see Iranians on PressTV and Aljazeera crying and shouting human rights.

Iran said Trump didn't have congressional approval before killing their man. I really hope Iran had congressional approval before attacking a US facility with rockets.

Trump would rain bombs on whoever gave them approval and the surviving Iranians would get the memo.
Iran must respond proportionately and trump will allow the response. It is part of diplomacy... I'm sure nobody will be killed in the base since they will get advance notice and probably move to the shelter. In the end no American soldiers will be killed in the strike, Just damage some facilities and then everybody moves on.
Iran has been stressing that they don't want war but proportionate response . The purpose is purely to massage pride and Ego datsalll
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Slimpotter(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
US will pay dearly for this folly. Killing a government official OPENLY (Not in a war theatre) and admitting to it, is the most foolish thing that has been done since world warII.

What Trump had effectively done by Killing Soleimani is that he has established that in this war of attrition between nations killing foreign diplomats is a fair game.

I repeat, going after a diplomat and killing him publicly is a no-no and I believe the US will regret this action, and this may hurt trumps chance of reelection. Iran is no pushover!!
Do you think the US ass lickers in Nigeria, especially on nairaland understand what you're saying.
They're all calling the man a terrorist because US said he his.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by chigoizie7(m): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Iran can't do shit to US. US military budget in a year can take care of the whole of Iran for some years. They can crush them totally in one week

Okay, I believe you.

Iran already strike us bases in Iraq, waiting for them to retaliate
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Forumobserver12(m): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:
Please pray for us o. I'm living in NY and I'm worried about what is to come. I have never felt the fear of war until now. Bad feeling!

I miss obodo Naija.

Come back home. Nigeria is the safest place in the whole world kiss
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by isahsalee: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2020
So US couldn't stop Iran missiles attack on their Iraq bases. Nobody has monopoly of power!
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by emmydee(m): 10:10am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:

Iran first killed a US military contractor. Why do you always leave out that side of the story?
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Kylekent59: 10:19am On Jan 08, 2020
Hope you all know US has a radar that can detect a missile when directed to their air craft and send it back to the sender or even captures it.

Hope Iran won't cry that the missiles are fake grin

The US are very confident, they know everything, they even have satellite that they use to get information from every part of the earth.

When it comes to first hand information, US gat it.

When it comes to experience, US gat it.

When it comes to techniques and war, US gat it.
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Airoflaw(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:

I miss obodo Naija.
start packing your bags
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Southsoul: 10:31am On Jan 08, 2020
Russian and China wants this war trust me they will support Iran to humiliate America

1 Like

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Airoflaw(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2020
isahsalee:
So US couldn't stop Iran missiles attack on their Iraq bases. Nobody has monopoly of power!
have you comfirm it. Causs no image to determine d impact yet
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Officialfarex: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2020
[color=#550000][/color]This another problem again
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Airoflaw(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2020
Ajibade123:
somebody should sha help us beg that Buhari not to put his mouth o

see how to manage your business when you are sick
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-manage-a-business-when-sick/
we are not afraid

Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by lucky4west: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2020
thank God no life was lost America abeg e don do just take a chill pill, we want peace
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Jokerman(m): 10:46am On Jan 08, 2020
Southsoul:
Russian and China wants this war trust me they will support Iran to humiliate America

The same US that destroyed the Soviet Union which Russia headed??

China?? That the Japanese could have finished if not the US??
Re: US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets by Nicoddemus(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2020
coninse:

I miss obodo Naija.
Then come back to Nigeria now . Mtchew

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Drama In Sierra Leone As Corpse Walks To The House Of Ritualist That Killed Her / America To Force-implant Mark Of The Beast 666 In Citizens By March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.