Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? (31979 Views)

How Can I Recover Money I Paid To A Fake Online Investment? / How To Recover Money Paid By Mistake / How To Recover Money Lost In Vitual Sport Betting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by donbrowser(m): 8:57am On Jan 10, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
I've never fallen for a scam so I don't know how to help.

I found myself in a telegram group that claims to be a First Bank of Nigeria investment group. Immediately, I jumped on Twitter and asked official fbn about the group and they replied me privately.

There's an easy way to spot scam investments; if it sounds too good to be true then it is.

People only pay money in exchange for benefit. If someone tells of a 'business' that has no product, service or benefit to sell to anyone then it isn't a business. It's a scam!

Oyinbo overrated Nigerians that's why they came with GNLD to pretend as if it's a business scheme. Now they've seen that most Nigerians are fools so MMM didn't even come with any product.
For you to even ask that means you will fall for a smarter one soon
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by SocialJustice: 8:58am On Jan 10, 2020
MrVeyron:
You're Neanderthal of common sense, a waste of intercourse and you'll never have sense till you die. Bastard!
Shut up jare. It is obvious who is the perpetual nonentity between us.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by frozen70(f): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2020
Even the 24hrs return of double money is a great sign to show that you are about Loosing your money

Well if you know the man, engage soldiers and be ready to give them 1/3 of the money instead of Loosing all

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by merits(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
You don't know me neither do I know you, so why should I lie. I am not the one. Just trying to help.
keep quiet victim.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by blessingsonflee(f): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2020
mukthar2000:
Oga run to Oshodi Oke u we see Mr. Nelson standing their.
grin cheesy Lol

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by arodavoo(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2020
The best way to recover it is just to forget about it. Even your bank can't help you outside of the fraudster permission I think

check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam....I would teach you all of this for a discount price of #1500
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 10, 2020
Viking007:
And this is why I support jungle justice.

Same here bro.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2020
Tolu121:

He needs to go to the scammer's bank and report with proof, then the account will get blocked
They will ask for court order.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by faithfull18(f): 9:03am On Jan 10, 2020
DavidEsq:
Get the account details, get a police investigation to commence on that account which would be flagged by the bank, to catch anyone who tries to withdraw money or make further operations on that account. The account has a mobile phone number. The police should track that number with the communication network. Now the bank would tell the police how much is in the account. Then get a court order to remove the money from the account, back to the sender's account. Done this on several occasions and it works fine.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Tolu121: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2020
faithfull18:

They will ask for court order.
hmmm
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Chiboto414: 9:06am On Jan 10, 2020
Tell him to go to his bank and make a complain ..the bank will trace the transaction and know exactly the bank the money was sent to...they will block all his transactions ATM, then he will be force to go to his bank to complain, then police will show and he will be arrested....,... That's all. ........thank me later......but advice him not to involve in that kind of shit next time..goodluck..
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by litaninja(m): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2020
100% return in 24hours.....ok.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by kemade14: 9:09am On Jan 10, 2020
blessingsonflee:
Most times we fall for all this scam because of our Greed . Is it magic that they will use to double your money ? Well , my advice is ,take the Guy’s account number to your bank and explain to your account officer or customer care . If you have a lawyer ask him to get a court order for you or you can get it yourself from a Magistrate court . The order should state that Your money should be returned to you from that account. Just pray that the scammer did not withdraw all the money but if he did ,no fear . cheesy You are not the only one that will fall for his trick . His account would be placed under watch and he will be barred from withdrawing any money sent into the account .
How much does it cost to get it from magistrate court?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by bazzyblings: 9:10am On Jan 10, 2020
Send me the guys account , I want to pay 1m to get 2m grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by eboigbedavid1(m): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2020
WizBLANCE:
Get your facts and evidence right, involve your bank and his bank.

Then sit back and watch him cough out the money.

When his account(s) is blocked, he will run to the bank and the rest will be story.

The old man's age is an added advantage in drawing the bankers attention

The banks will do nothing. B4 dey can do anything to d said account, u will be asked to bring a court order... In fact, the bank will only frustrate their effort.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Reffone: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Better talk I love your outspokenness
DaVader:
A lot of people are here spewing trash about reporting to the bank of something. I really understand that's the inky logical reasoning you can rely on when you don't know how the syndicate of crime works. Lemme breaks it down for you:

1 some people (majorly teen) in some part of this country would go to the bank and register a fake account with their bvn number and names.

2. Those account couple with the atm card associated with the account is sold to the fraud star sometimes through a middle man. As such, you can buy an account online without meeting the owner of the account in person.

3. WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter of i
Unsuspecting individuals are hacked by these scammers. More reason to have two way authentication in phone.
Sometimes hacking just require simple phone call that would convince you to produce your otp.

4. The hackers after spamming the group chat you belong to on WhatsApp, Facebook and all that.

5. They only use the ATM card to make withdrawal through POS not ATM machine.

6. Even if you arrest the real owner of the account, you can only jailed them without the hope if recovering your money back.

6. Those account are sold for peanut

7. Forget it, you can't recover your money back but you can get justice for that. 5 years in jail would certainly not bring your money back but at least, you will know your money does not just go like that

8. I need a job, NPF, EFCC should come and employ me, i can certainly deliver.

9. Have a nice day.

10. Stop being greedy
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by optimistD(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2020
Go to EFCC. They recovered mine.

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by kemade14: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2020
DavidEsq:
Get the account details, get a police investigation to commence on that account which would be flagged by the bank, to catch anyone who tries to withdraw money or make further operations on that account. The account has a mobile phone number. The police should track that number with the communication network. Now the bank would tell the police how much is in the account. Then get a court order to remove the money from the account, back to the sender's account. Done this on several occasions and it works fine.

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Neddstark: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2020
The money is gone. However, you can report to his bank. They can get his account frozen. That way, once he reports to his bank and gets arrested perhaps your money can be given back to you. Let the victim go to the bank.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by kemade14: 9:20am On Jan 10, 2020
optimistD:
Go to EFCC. They recovered mine.
You went to their office? Which location? I sent them a dm, haven't heard anything.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by EduBless(f): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks
You can surely get your money back and it is 100% sure. The bank ought to tell you what you need to do. You need not to involve the police or efcc, doing that is a long journey and it will delay the issue. chat this person "zero 8 one 3 two five six one 9 one 8" and check your email
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Gokoyer0(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2020
I got this post somewhere which I trust can be of help. Check the steps involved in the screenshot below. Anyone that has been scammed by these unscrupulous elements can try it as well.
FromZeroToHero:
It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by eboigbedavid1(m): 9:23am On Jan 10, 2020
Geonigga:
It doesn't fall within the quotient of the amount that EFCC can handle in other words the amount is too nibble for EFCC case.

Oh.. I Neva knew. My Mom had similar case although not money doubling. she lost a huge sum of amount. The banks involved frustrated us likewise the police. Someone advised us to write a petition to Efcc. It took up-to three weeks b4 dey called us, by then we've forgotten about it. 2 weeks after d call, one of was caught.. That's why I suggested Efcc.. it's efficient, less stressful and won't cost anything unlike the police dat will ask for money for cab, money to get court order, money for file, money for card etc.. Spending money untop the one u already lost
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by EduBless(f): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2020
kemade14:

My lawyer says it's difficult and expensive getting a court order too cos the scammer's bank(Access) is saying they will need to get a court order from the court for them to do anything on the account.
Your lawyer cannot be too correct. Court order is not that expensive. Except the money you want to collect back is just like 5 to 10K. I have get court order for 23K and i have seen colleagues getting court order for just 7K. I am surprise your lawyer said it is expensive.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by GermanMelania: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2020
I almost fell for this on instagram. I tested the guy let him allow me send 1k. He no gree said minimum is 20k. I even told him we were a group and had 1.8mil total to send. He wanted everyone to send their money individually and he insisted on having my whatsapp number.
That's when i googled the scam. They want your num so they can continue to push your buttons and get you to keep sending. Maybe hijack your line. OP sorry. These people are ruthless they will not return your money.
I got a scam landlord to return money once to my friend. I went online using his email and phone found out stuff about him and sent to his phone pretending i was sending to a 3rd party. The guy sharply returned the money. But na yoruba guy. So culture matters. It happened again with another landlord same friend. I did the same thing. This guy was igbo and didn't care about empty embarrassment. He did not return the money.
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Bigfish121(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2020
I lost upto 550k last year January to one Bitcoin pikin Ehimen idemudia joshua.i have learnt not to do any online business with nigerians.they are criminals.if I must do business with any Nigerian,it must be offline or if online,an escrow must be involved.

Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by bullabong(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
It was on 6th January that one Mr. Nelson shared about a business investment in a C.C.C (celestial church of Christ) WhatsApp group that gives 100% return interest for a period of 24 hours that's if you invest 100k you will get 200k within 24hours. My neighbour, a man in his late 60's fell for it and sent 100k to him. After the transaction, he called Nelson to confirm if he has received the money but he said no, Nelson now told him to forward his debit alert to him to confirm that he has sent it without knowing that he just wanted to see his account balance which was 47k. Nelson now told him to send the remaining 46k that he'll help him to complete it 50k so that the total investment will be 150k which will yield 300k within 24hrs, he obliged and sent the 46k. On seeing the alert, Nelson now told him if he can see anyone that can borrow him 100k so that it will be 250k to get 500k. That was when it dawned on him that its fraud. He said he doesn't know anyone that can borrow him such amount that if he can't work with the 146k that he should send him back his money. Its almost 3days now and he hasn't sent the money. Please how can this money be recovered? Thanks
You are a big dunce..itibolibo
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2020
I don't know how people still fall for this money doublers........

I have a telegram group i am watching (Great Africa), promising the same juicy offers....... The day katakata go burst, shame i would not be able to laugh on the group (because this fraudsters would simply shut group down).......

His only option is to report the person to his bank (a lien would be placed on account)..........
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Wasky101: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2020
Ajeboter:
Bros talk true make we know how we go take help you, 60 years old man get mobile app OK ooo, continue
Something wrong with a 60yr old having mobile apps?
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by AerialMapper: 9:36am On Jan 10, 2020
FromZeroToHero:
so you mean a retired civil servant can't operate WhatsApp?

Yes
Re: How Can One Recover Money From A Fraudster? by Cchuks27(m): 9:36am On Jan 10, 2020
1. Go to the Police and report the case (write a statement).

2. Seek counsel from the closest court (not quite sure about this)

3. With your statement and court backing (approval or letter) report the matter to the closest bank which will then blacklist the account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CNN's 10 Most Prosperous African Countries, Nigeria Missing / Wahala dey / Can I Buy Shares With 5,000?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76