Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Do I Break Up With Him? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Break Up With Him? (85163 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Cult Guys Are After My Girlfriend, Should I Break Up With Her Or Not? / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by mamaafrik(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nnemuka:

how is she exploiting him?
He was not forced at gun point to give, he did all those willingly.
she could reject it,cant she,you both are a bird of a feather with no brain

4 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by secpowell: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
henriettttta:

I need this kind of boyfriend biko grin grin
Pm if you need one cux i am available.
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
My advice to your BF if he ever sees this is to dump your ungrateful ass,this is what I fear most in a relationship and that’s why I don’t want to date anyone,after spending tons on you you will end up dating one bastard from nowhere.

5 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Adeyinka12(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fareee123:
Hi elders in the house, I'm a lady, I'm 21 years old. There's this guy I've been dating for about 3 years, we got along so fast that it feels like I've known him all my life, he's in his final year and I'm in my third year, not in the same school though.

He used to call and text often until middle last year, he stopped calling like he used to, I still do the calling, but I got tired, he wasn't reciprocating, when I complained, he said he's always busy, I feel that if he loves me like he claims, he will always check on me, whenever we're together, the vibes of the relationship is still there, but when we aren't together, he's a different person.

There was a time I broke up, I blocked him, he found a way to reach me and we ironed things out, he changed for 2 weeks before he went to his normal self. He answers to my needs guys, he has been paying my rent since my first year in school, he gives me 10k every 2 weeks, he pays for my hair when I need him to + other stuffs too.

Do you think he can change or do I just leave the relationship?? Please ignore the errors, I'm not perfect.
I feel like hitting you with ballistic missile, do you want to kill him despite all he has been doing for you ?
Don't you reason that this is the crucial time for him to face his study most ? I beg free am joh.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by chycco: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
The guy is likely to be a yahoo boy or be doing some legal business which takes up his time. Coupled with 400level stress... Aunty just calm down. After school he will have so much time on his hands dat he do be d one begging for attention. I can remember d same thing happened to me with my babe. When I got to 400level I hardly do call her. Got her really pissed. Tried to explain bout d 400level stress: project, seminar, it defence e.t.c. she didn't understand tho. But she just stayed. We fought a lot then. The same thing however happened to her when she got to 400level...she was always complaining about not having anytime for herself. Mama was always apologizing for the way she treated me when she was in 400level. As per I already had d experience I understood and I gave her space. Now she is always calling me(she is serving) and I reciprocate....long story short, time heal all wounds. Situation change. Don't because of the current situation lose the love of you life. Someone willing to sacrifice for your comfort. No matter how buoyant he is 10k every 2 weeks for a student isn't beans.

1 Like

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by gudugudumeje: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why collect so much from a fellow student? And you both call that love? Or relationship! Not likely you know how he gets the money... And you are not sure you are already selling your indepdndence, self-esteem and urself. Can you let ur parents know you are selling ursef? Your worth is to watch out... He is already playing a psychology on you by so doing b4 he lets you to the unknown... Beware!!

2 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by vaca1: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fareee123:
Hi elders in the house, I'm a lady, I'm 21 years old. There's this guy I've been dating for about 3 years, we got along so fast that it feels like I've known him all my life, he's in his final year and I'm in my third year, not in the same school though.

He used to call and text often until middle last year, he stopped calling like he used to, I still do the calling, but I got tired, he wasn't reciprocating, when I complained, he said he's always busy, I feel that if he loves me like he claims, he will always check on me, whenever we're together, the vibes of the relationship is still there, but when we aren't together, he's a different person.

There was a time I broke up, I blocked him, he found a way to reach me and we ironed things out, he changed for 2 weeks before he went to his normal self. He answers to my needs guys, he has been paying my rent since my first year in school, he gives me 10k every 2 weeks, he pays for my hair when I need him to + other stuffs too.

Do you think he can change or do I just leave the relationship?? Please ignore the errors, I'm not perfect.
Where does he gets the money he gives you every two weeks and pays for your rent since he's still schooling ? This is wrong and questionable

1 Like

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
funmisticqueen:
Aunty, this is textbook fuckboy behavior, please do the needful and dump him.

Most likely if someone create a new thread asking to dump someone, that is their gut warning you of a red flag and the answer is to move on
Bleep off
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
DarkJeddi:
She probably gains more from him than he does from her,which one is fuckboy?

The guy probably has a lot to process in his life presently and needs understanding from his woman not nags.
she did the opposite of nagging
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
madjune:
Anytime you're tired, pls give me the guy's number.

I've a sister in our church who's been praying to have half a guy like that for years.

What do you know about the guy apart from the fact he spends money on her? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by benjida: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
He's a good guy. Don't give up. Just understand him. Some of us are like that. Just be patient with us. wink
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Offpoint: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
funmisticqueen:
Aunty, this is textbook fuckboy behavior, please do the needful and dump him.
You won't stop to amaze me...
I like you as a person, but you have a one bleep up mentally that I think it's affecting both online and offline.

I pray it's only online, cuz it'll be disastrous offline.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by mamaafrik(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Na your type that men use for ritual,just look at a Nigerian lady
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Chukwinks: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Funny post ���
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Yoighaman(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Davash222:
Women are something else.
What do women want? How do you expect him to make all those monies he spent on you if he’s not busy
You enjoyed all these cos he’s a busy man and hardworking. Go and date a broke man if you need maximum attention!!!

Exactly what I tell my present girlfriend. God bless you.
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Perogbangba(f): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Well, he might not be the calling type. Try to understand that and enjoy your relationship.
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nnemuka(f): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
mamaafrik:
she could reject it,cant she,you both are a bird of a feather with no brain
Reject a gift freely given by a loved one?
I know why you are upset
You are a broke ub.unja disciple grin grin
You live in lack whereas a man like you freely gives his woman what you only beg to have.

it sure hurts

4 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Daryldaro:
Bleep off
Why so serious?!
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Smellingrillmea: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Am a guy who pays bills i will tell you the truth

You are not his no 1

He is a PLAYA

2 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by micflo28(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why do we apologize for errors in our write-ups here in a neutral, non-formal social strata? Are you applying a Job with SHELL or CHEVERON? I think you should be more interested in where he gets the money he sends to you for your numerous needs. If as an undergraduate he milks his parents to keep you comfortable, you owe his parents alot when you settle down with him. If its proceeds of crime, cut off my dear, it is not sustainable. Call him when he fails to call, reciprocate his gesture, stop overburdening him with demands. That you are a lady doesn't make you a god to be worshipped. Buy 500 naira airtime from the 10k he gives you to call him. Stop disturbing us with your trivial issues.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by captianfreeman(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Na call you wan chop?

2 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin Lolx, wetin person no go see for this Nairaland. Breakup with him na, ode.
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by mamaafrik(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nnemuka:

Reject a gift freely given by a loved one?
I know why you are upset
You are a broke ub.unja disciple grin grin
You live in lack whereas a man like you freely gives his woman what you only beg to have.

it sure hurts
the same loved one she sees fault in and wants to break up with,you are a goat

1 Like

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by trilobite: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
You are very lucky!! You are the wife!!! THE WIFE!!! He is definitely going to marry you!!

Man is busy hustling setting things up for the both of you. Just be calm and patient with him. Na you get am.
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
It seems that like me, quality time is your love language, meanwhile giving of gifts is his. You both should sit down and discuss the way forward. Trust me, you're not too young. The following years will flow by so fast you might lose count.

I hope you're saving part of the monies he's sending you anyway?

1 Like

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by RPirez: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
But wait... I still don't, can't and, probably won't understand why 9ja ladies expect or feel OK when guys do them financial favors. It's so demeaning on the lady's part for real.

Would this stupid lady have claimed to love this dude if he doesn't do her all these financial favors? Hell fvcking no! angry

The poverty and moral bankruptcy is too much and 9ja ladies tend to use their bodies to cash out. Sad indeed. sad

A fellow student like you pays for ur house rent and even gives you pocket money and you feel soo comfortable with it? That's real NONSENSE... for real! Olofo! angry

8 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by akpatagoddy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hope your parents and his parents know about about the relationship?
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Lonestar124: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
blackfish56:
21yrs old nd u dae find love **in osu voice** " ma sister you're lucky oo but you do not know"

You still too young (21yrs) to undastand life
He's
*final year student
*alot on his head right now probably
*project to defend
And you ungrateful bitch is here blabbing nonsense you're just thinking only about yourself..
Pls when is rightful age to understand life?
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by franchasng: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Fareee123:

Let me advice you from my own point of view, and I will be honest with you.

I am happily married. My wife understand that I hate calling because most times I am on my computer working, coding, preparing quotes, fixing bugs, and doing lots of things on the system which is where I do majority of what earns me a living aside other investments.

At first, my wife before we got married used to complain that I don't call. I always ignore her rants. She once threatened to breakup, I told her point blank that if you want to breakup cos I don't call you often, and you are very cool with it, please go ahead but know why you broke up and whenever you wanna share your story, please don't lie about it, tell them why you broke up with me and that was it.

With time when we started spending more time together because we were far apart before, she then understood why I rarely call, even my own mother, I just made it a hard routine to call her twice a week to avoid her developing high bp from unnecessary worries.

I understand you ladies love attention and care a lot but you need to understand that all those regular calls can be tiring and boring if you are busy.

Your boyfriend maybe into internet freelance jobs reason he can afford to be spending you the way you narrated as a student he is, or he maybe into Yahoo, only him knows, but he maybe busy or he may have another chick he lives with in his school hostel or always with that's taken his attention, that's if he is not busy working like I earlier said.

But do have in mind that once a guy gets a lady, he no longer calls as often as the time he was wooing or chasing you, nobody does campaign after election except APC members lol

What will show that he cares for you is how he responds to your needs and how he responds when you call him too.

I maybe wrong though.

Lastly, if you truly love or care about that guy, please advice him to start saving and stop paying your house rent and giving you monthly upkeep even when he is just a student, that's if you foresee future with him.

I cherished my wife so much when we were dating that I was so anxious of making sure she had nothing to worry about. Her parents had 2 cars but sometimes her mom and dad will go out with them or one of her sibling, leaving her with no option but to board public bus to where she was doing her housemanship then.

I called one day and she complained unknowingly and one of my friend had once yabbed me that why can't I get my fiancé a car, I rebuked him that I won't dare that for a lady I haven't married but after the day she complained unknowingly about the stress she goes through, I was forced to get her a car but to my shock, she wasn't happy. She said why would I buy her a car when I was executing a crucial project. I drew her attention to her complain one day, she said she was just frustrated that day not that she wanted me to do anything.

A week later, I got an alert of huge amount and I checked it was from her, I was confused. So I called her, guess what She refunded what she felt was the cost of the car even though it was like 20% of the cost, I laughed so hard that I made the decision that day that I am marrying this chick for real.

I later returned her money though but that gesture from her made a huge difference and its something I will never forget.

A woman that cares for a man hate to see him spend even if he is Jeff Bezos....that's one attribute of a woman in love with a guy.

So advice that guy to stop spending on you the way he's doing and start saving and planning for his future.

12 Likes

Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Timileyin1234(m): 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
BlackboiNero:
Nothing to talk na. Maybe he's not the type that always sees something to talk about on the phone but I bet he might be a talkative in person. That one no mean say he no love you. Try to find a lot of things to discuss with him, no dey wait for am to dey do all the calls and talking...
I’m this type too
I told my girl to goan date her church pastor.
I don’t really know what women want
Re: Do I Break Up With Him? by Idarammi(f): 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why are you cursing the girl out like this? At least she cares enough to try to find out if it's normal. A lot of girls would just keep quiet and continue collecting the money. The guy is in final year doesn't mean he can't call once in a while to check up on the person he's claiming to date. In a long distance relationship for that matter. Let's call a spade a spade and not an instrument of labour. It's unacceptable. If you're gonna be busy, there's nothing wrong in communicating to your partner instead of leaving her hanging. Relationships are not for kids abeg
Op,kindly relay your feelings to your boyfriend and ask him what is wrong. He could be going through some issues that he doesn't want to tell you about and plis stop collecting money from him to avoid insults from people like this one. Manage your own money, you won't die.
Timekeeper:

I swear I feel like cursing your bf for making such investment in you.. He is a big fool, and I hope life will teach him a lesson

How can he spend such money on a bitch and leech like you.. U gat parents Abi shey ur parents are disabled ni.

A man is feeding ur life and u r thinking of breaking up. Final year 4dt matter.. I swear, karma will do 10x of this in ur miserable rubbish life.

Chai dt guy na big fool.. Ontop on pussy oo, not two oo, just one pussy that might be smelling sef

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Chichi Eze: Lady Dies; Was Proposed To With 3 Rings In 2019 / How To Talk To A Girl You Like For The First Time / Guy Left His Date Stranded, After She Ordered For What She Couldn't Pay For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.