Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? (31004 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by ehmmy11(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ausrichie:

100 million not 50 there will be a change.
this got me thinking THANOS snapping his fingers grin
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Enskynelson(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
The question should be: why are there few jobs? It is hard because we have so many qualified persons but few available jobs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by shogsman(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
You can't miraculously give what you yourself don't have.aiiint nobody stable in this economy
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by praz001(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
DaVader:
Entrepreneurship should come to rescue, I think. But not, my account balance is even reading minus, in owing access bank self. Well, I don't know what to do, maybe I juts want till everything falls into the right place.... I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

Depression, I'm begging you, don't set in now or sooner.

Guy, if you are in Lagos, go search for teaching job. You will make more money with extra classes....

This is 2020. Don't wait for things to happen or watch it happen.

Pursue it and make it happen....

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by lexy2014: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
ensamy:
No it's very easy to break even by owning a business and creating the same job you are looking for in Nigeria.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad

"Very easy"? Really?
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
ehmmy11:
this got me thinking THANOS snapping his fingers grin
Haew I swear gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Liposure: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
One of my graduate friends is contemplating working in a factory n He's asking me if its okay

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Munzy14(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Omihanifa:
One of the major factors responsible for the high level of unemployment in Nigeria is the rapid growth in population. There has been an increase in the growth of the labor forces along with the inadequate supply of jobs. The rapid population growth has been coupled with rural-urban migration. This has increased the population in cities thereby raising the level of joblessness undecided

Also the problems of lack of electricity and low purchasing power angry
Population growth has nothing to do with the high rate of unemployment... Rather corrupt personnel stirring the national affairs is the problem.

And nobody is a saint, even u, tomorrow if u become a head of an agency, u will rather employ unqualified friends and family members than qualified persons outside your circle.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Equity15(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
stupidity:
Just save money and buy yourself a good job.

No stress. So many federal jobs you can buy with money.

If you are a corper and you are reading this, do all you can to save enough money, when it’s time to look for job, ask the right questions and meet the right people. You’ll get a good job.
but guy, the money no reach anything to save na..abeg if you sabi way e no go bad to show me road oh..
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by OnyesomJ(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
If you wan make money without stress
Just Dm me

For Health And Strong Pple only
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by ehmmy11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
fayruka:
To find an Industrial training placement sef hard. . Na wa for this obodo naijiria oo
where you even want to gain experience not focusing on pay.. That one sef na war
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by praz001(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Realtalk20:

Welcome to the club bro .
Nobody helps, you just have to keep motivated and have a clear plan
Just keep praying for a helper because trust me most people won't really care for your personal development just lots of words and nothing more grin

Just keep your head up, and only surround yourself with people who really care about you and not people who are ready to buy you drinks and not add to your growth grin

Let him get something doing no matter how small....

Hunger and minus in account balance will never keep the head up oooo!

grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Favourchidubem7: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ciscogod:
There are jobs in Nigeria,

Is either you are over qualified for the Available job or not qualified,

We have vacancy in my unit and have been sourcing out for qualified candidate but still yet to find one.

The qualified ones want something close to 6 figures.

What sort of job you got.... I am interested if it's in my scope thanks
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ciscogod:

We have vacancy in my unit and have been sourcing out for qualified candidate but still yet to find one.

Why can't you pay the qualified ones six figures please?.. Even with six figures, it is hard to survive in Lagos Abuja and pH. It is this same underpayment that is rampant today.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by GRACEGLORY: 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ayoswit:
The thing don tire me sef, even money to start up a business is hard to get undecided

Money is the least of man's problem, it's wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by SocialJustice: 1:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
tstx:
It is easy.... What is hard is getting an employer that will treat you like a human being...

Virtually all are evil. And I don't blame them.
In Nigeria once you treat underlings with the respect they deserve they start disrespecting you..

E.G
Because my dad is an irredeemably nice man, our gateman always takes his sweet time to open the gate for him .. Sometimes when he is tired he even pretends to be asleep.. But you see those tenants wey dey slap am, abuse am, etc.. If you see the way he rushes to open gate for them eh..
You're very correct but it is not enough excuse to treat humans like they're not humans. Rather be friendly but have penalties in place to deter bad behaviour and the most effective is salary deduction.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Ibegtodiffer: 1:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Your Question in pic...
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Goovo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maj196:
You need to equip yourself with 21st century skills that are in demand
pls name them
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by obajoey(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ladylite:
Pls do not be depressed. Job is not the only way out. Why not try business. Dont you have friends who could loan you cash?

Jobs are hard in Nigeria because we are all corrupt. We would rather help our unqualified family member than a qualified graduate. Corruption begins at home.

You are so right.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Siberia01(m): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
grin

simple because of the course you read in school someone is reading physics where will you work ?? not even to talk of chemistry..

pharmacist has 101 chance of working
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Equity15(m): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
fayruka:
To find an Industrial training placement sef hard. . Na wa for this obodo naijiria oo
nna ehn..na then I begin fear this country. three years ago when I been dey look for I.T place, omoh I come dey say ordinary I.t oh, of to say na job nko? same with looking for PPA to serve. chai..naija ehn

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by sLentlover7778(m): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Because nobody's ready to quit his/ her job.. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by anochuko01(m): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maj196:
You need to equip yourself with 21st century skills that are in demand
I swear!!!
You'll hear of a computer science graduate who doesn't even rank up to 50% in the simplest of programming language too be complaining of lack of jobs.
It's true that there are no much jobs to dash out, but employers aren't stupid either. They don't mind creating a never existing position just to accommodate a person with skill.

A friend who studied civil engineering just got internship at axa mansard. Guy hasn't even gone for nysc o.

You'll ask what concerns mansard with civil engineering graduate abi. Good! Data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
DaVader:
Entrepreneurship should come to rescue, I think. But not, my account balance is even reading minus, in owing access bank self. Well, I don't know what to do, maybe I juts want till everything falls into the right place.... I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

Depression, I'm begging you, don't set in now or sooner.

There is job in agricultural sector but we are underestimating it.
$ Get a Land
$ Hire labourer to work and plant
$ Watch over it
$ Harvest and sell
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Equity15(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Siberia01:
grin

simple because of the course you read in school someone is reading physics where will you work ?? not even to talk of chemistry..

pharmacist has 101 chance of working
see boda. e be like say you never see jobless doctors

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Adeyemo466(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Can I try my luck

Ciscogod:

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
A lot of people are just chanting "Business" as if it's everyone that can actually succeed at it... Even then, how viable are businesses in this 3rd world hostile and volatile environment...

Job creation is not something we can overemphasize...

The only way to create more jobs, is to improve the economy in all facets. Provide enabling climate for foreign and local investments.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
stupidity:

If you are a corper and you are reading this, do all you can to save enough money, when it’s time to look for job, ask the right questions and meet the right people. You’ll get a good job.
I've been searching yet to see any genuine link
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Bignuell(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
stupidity:

Are you certain with what you're saying?
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Oladayo12(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Why can't you pay the qualified ones six figures please?.. Even with six figures, it is hard to survive in Lagos Abuja and pH. It is this same underpayment that is rampant today.
Take home that hardly take them home.. seriously tired of this country with the issue of unemployment

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Sheriman(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Liposure:
One of my graduate friends is contemplating working in a factory n He's asking me if its okay
Don't ooooo but wait hope no be Chinese and Lebanese company..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria / Ways To Apply For A Job Even When You Don't Meet The Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.