Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? (31000 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by themaestro08(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
franchasng:
Because there are no enough jobs to employ the available Nigerians ready and willing to work.

And the reason for the above is because Nigerian government for many years refused to make policies that encourages the startup and growth of small scale and medium scale businesses and industries.

The resultant effect is the skyrocketing rate of unemployment and under-employment in Nigeria today, and it will continue for the next centuries to come until Nigerians develop sense and start voting the right leaders with right vision and goal.

In Nigeria, a young man or woman will have a beautiful business idea and skill....but he or she cannot get capital to kickstart his or her viable business idea unless he or she is from a rich family background that can fund his or her business ideas.

Nigerian banks will claim they give small business loans, but the collateral is out of reach of young entrepreneurs, and even the interest rate can kill big/established corporations like Google, Microsoft or Facebook if at all they succeed in taking the hell-fire bound loans offered by Nigerian banks.

What about basic amenities that support and encourage the growth of businesses like steady electricity supply, good road network, affordable internet, etc, do they exist in Nigeria NO!!

It is small scale and medium scale businesses that grow a nation, not the big companies....any booming economy you see anywhere in the world, go and check, there are uncountable number of successful small scale businesses.

Nigerian government need to focus on helping more small and medium scale businesses and industries to spring up and grow faster....that's the only way out, not through N-Power or increase in minimum wage.

Brilliant comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Siberia01(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Equity15:
see boda. e be like say you never see jobless doctors
oga there are no jobless doctors ..
some are underpaid
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Ciscogod(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
BenklinsJones:

pls can u link bro? I am Cisco Certified and Studied Computer Engineering

Send me your email address
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by themaestro08(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ciscogod:
There are jobs in Nigeria,

[/b]Is either you are over qualified for the Available job or not qualified,

We have vacancy in my unit and have been sourcing out for qualified candidate but still yet to find one.

The qualified ones want something close to 6 figures.[b]

Load of rubbish!.

Are you in anyway saying most of these unemployed graduates are unqualified? What an ignorant thing to say... You have no idea what you are talking about.

A lot of people who graduated with first are stuck with menial jobs. The good jobs are almost non-existent(except if you are from an elite family)

The fact is the shit hole of a country has failed its youth.Its glaring.

Its easy to sit on your sofa and type nonsense when you are completely out of touch with reality.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by deleo16(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
franchasng:
Because there are no enough jobs to employ the available Nigerians ready and willing to work.

And the reason for the above is because Nigerian government for many years refused to make policies that encourages the startup and growth of small scale and medium scale businesses and industries.

The resultant effect is the skyrocketing rate of unemployment and under-employment in Nigeria today, and it will continue for the next centuries to come until Nigerians develop sense and start voting the right leaders with right vision and goal.

In Nigeria, a young man or woman will have a beautiful business idea and skill....but he or she cannot get capital to kickstart his or her viable business idea unless he or she is from a rich family background that can fund his or her business ideas.

Nigerian banks will claim they give small business loans, but the collateral is out of reach of young entrepreneurs, and even the interest rate can kill big/established corporations like Google, Microsoft or Facebook if at all they succeed in taking the hell-fire bound loans offered by Nigerian banks.

What about basic amenities that support and encourage the growth of businesses like steady electricity supply, good road network, affordable internet, etc, do they exist in Nigeria NO!!

It is small scale and medium scale businesses that grow a nation, not the big companies....any booming economy you see anywhere in the world, go and check, there are uncountable number of successful small scale businesses.

Nigerian government need to focus on helping more small and medium scale businesses and industries to spring up and grow faster....that's the only way out, not through N-Power or increase in minimum wage.
well said u spoke my mind I watch a documentary about CHIna on SME naija they learn work young Chinese boys in their early 20s buying Tesla car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ladylite:
Pls do not be depressed. Job is not the only way out. Why not try business. Dont you have friends who could loan you cash?

Jobs are hard in Nigeria because we are all corrupt. We would rather help our unqualified family member than a qualified graduate. Corruption begins at home.

Mr adviser, did you give him money for capital. Open that mouth of urs to spew trash

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by dododawa1: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
more worshipping centre to industrial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Idaraobong5(f): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
already depressed here... tired of job hunting

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Ciscogod(m): 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
themaestro08:

Load of rubbish!.

Are you in anyway saying most of these unemployed graduates are unqualified? What an ignorant thing to say... You have no idea what you are talking about.

A lot of people who graduated with first are stuck with menial jobs. The good jobs are almost non-existent(except if you are from an elite family)

Its easy to sit on your sofa and type nonsense when you are completely out of touch with reality.

thank you
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by MoonWater: 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
Siberia01:

oga there are no jobless doctors ..
some are underpaid
underpaid is true... Jobless is also true
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Stop quoting what u dont know. Annual growth rate in india is 6.6% per year. Note that India doesn't have a population control policy.

Annual growth rate of Nigeria in 2017 is 0.8%

Lies upon lies

India annual growth rate is 1.1%

And that of Nigeria 2.6-2.8%

Facts

And Indian woman on average has less than 3 kids
While for their Nigerian counterparts its more than 4

Nigeria will collapse in 30 years if this trend continues

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
okonja:
I'm sorry, some are unemployable

True
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by DexterousOne(m): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
themaestro08:

Load of rubbish!.

I won't say all

But a good number of graduates are unemployable

It's no denying

And sometimes it's not their fault
It's the quality of education they got
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Siberia01(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
MoonWater:
underpaid is true... Jobless is also true
says who
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by kokoboy4life(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
anochuko01:

Good evening. It's a long journey but we've got no choice. You can please send me your e-mail address.

Hello Good Day to you, I am also in same situation so I wish to have further talks with you. My email is adetunjiisadipe@gmail.com.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by IamSalt: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maj196:
FYI, I acquired digital skills online without paying a dime to anyone. Instead of wasting his data on nairaland he should go to YouTube and learn

10MB can used to read and post on Nairaland, how much data do you think YouTube consume on a one minute video??

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
IamSalt:

10MB can used to read and post on Nairaland, how much data do you think YouTube consume on a one minute video??
Because you did the 10MB for him right? Mister man I only gave my opinion if you happen to be incapacitated to achieve such please am not the cause of it so please direct your fury elsewhere.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by immaculate1234(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
My broda na wa for you o

Buy Lapi 30k - 35k
MIFi 10k

My enter street o no wait for anybody

Nobody should quote me o I dey quick dey vex o
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by ShagariBillions(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
I’ll tell you something, the richest people today fought to be where they are now. You can’t be worrying ‘why’, you ought to be wondering ‘how to. Find out to start not minding your pedigree or degree, seek the truth, How to make a living and that’s where your race to prosperity begins.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by IamSalt: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maj196:
Because you did the 10MB for him right? Mister man I only gave my opinion if you happen to be incapacitated to achieve such please am not the cause of it so please direct your fury elsewhere.

Nigga, I ain't incapacitated by nada, I have all the resources I need to watch movies on YouTube endlessly and streaming online for as long as I can sit in front of a screen, but that shouldn't make me see others as having the same opportunity as I have for the moment. Don't just suggest things with high financial implications to people when you know you have nada to support them with. Awon motivational speaker.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Maj196(m): 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
IamSalt:

Nigga, I ain't incapacitated by nada, I have all the resources I need to watch movies on YouTube endlessly and streaming online for as long as I can sit in front of a screen, but that shouldn't make me see others as having the same opportunity as I have for the moment. Don't just suggest things with high financial implications to people when you know you have nada to support them with. Awon motivational speaker.
Wtf is this nigga? I subscribe #125 and get 1.2gb of data using Airtel night plan and I download as much videos as possible. So what the fvck are you telling me? If he doesn't have #100 he should look for a Wi-Fi spot. Am done arguing with your dumbass

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Cititravelers: 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ciscogod:

Are you a Network Engr?

Would it be fine if I send you my email for further communication as well?
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by antiApc(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Godwin2am:

please please I can help you out; if you are in Lagos, come down to dangote refinery at ibeju lekki, eleko bustop, ,. I will connect you to get a nice job. better still call me 08071824706. there are more than 20000 people working here you will be one of them. and please what's your profession?

Bros biko....i also need a job urgently... I don't mind any work would do Bikonu...
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Gordonz07(m): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Na so suicide dey use start oh.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by OhiOfIhima: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
fatymore:
Some people are still getting this job; long leg or not.

God should just help us and lastly upgrade your skills to the latest in any industry you find yourself. kiss

Longest time Malama..
It quiet awhile though
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by antiApc(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
soleexx:
I think dere are jobs out there but very competitive... What ever you studies you must hav high knowledge skills in IT.. Without these no one will want you..

Get a certified digital IT skills

I can help get some certificate in IT at Leeds University, Michigan University and more but after your completion of program online you will rite exam... If you pass congratulations

Contact me if u interested...
Absolutely free

I'm interested sir
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Ladylite: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
MICOBIN:

Mr adviser, did you give him money for capital. Open that mouth of urs to spew trash

E pain you? Why? I speak facts. Is it all about Money. See if you have not got sense to know that the best businesses didn't start with cash but with partners then keep calm Oga and go and learn from current top billionaires.

Expecting money upandan shior
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by CanadianNaija: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Freshprince91:

[b][/b]
If those reading this are so gullible, I am not one of them.
AXA Mansard is an insurance/pension company and what business have they got with Machine learning and artificial intelligence?
I'm 85% sure your supposed friend is interning in their sales team and he's lying.
Note : I am not saying there's no IT Dept but there's nothing like machine learning and artificial intelligence in that insurance company as of now.
Cut the bullshit!

You’re not a smart person. The amount of data alone that financial service organizations produce should tell you why they need people in those roles.

Don’t open your ignorant yash online, step out of your small world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by CanadianNaija: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
anochuko01:

Listen now. Mansard, Microsoft, softcom and some other companies sponsored a machine learning hackathon, he performed well and was offered internship at mansard.
Would he now be interning as a sales rep? Lol.
You don't know what's going on.

Ignore that guy please.

I worked in banking before I left, and I was in a team that hosted these marathons. Ignorant people that won’t seek knowledge believe anything that they don’t know is a lie.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by CanadianNaija: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
DaVader:
Entrepreneurship should come to rescue, I think. But not, my account balance is even reading minus, in owing access bank self. Well, I don't know what to do, maybe I juts want till everything falls into the right place.... I don't think that would happen anytime soon.

Depression, I'm begging you, don't set in now or sooner.

Don’t be depressed my brother. It’s the situation we’ve found ourselves in this country.

Sha re-evaluate your field of study, if it doesn’t make sense be honest with yourself and try learning a skill in another field.

Lots of people In Nigeria these days are not exactly working in their field of study. We won’t all be business owners.

Kpele.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by Oluwainnie(f): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
Maj196:
Wtf is this nigga? I subscribe #125 and get 1.2gb of data using Airtel night plan and I download as much videos as possible. So what the fvck are you telling me? If he doesn't have #100 he should look for a Wi-Fi spot. Am done arguing with your dumbass
what's the code please
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find A Job In Nigeria? by digitalwhiz: 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Why not let our growing population be an advantage. Even if we agreed to start having only 1 kid things won't still be enough unless we're proactive and plan ahead

No our leaders are only concerned about who becomes next president come 2023 as if it's a family affairs

Omihanifa:
One of the major factors responsible for the high level of unemployment in Nigeria is the rapid growth in population. There has been an increase in the growth of the labor forces along with the inadequate supply of jobs. The rapid population growth has been coupled with rural-urban migration. This has increased the population in cities thereby raising the level of joblessness undecided

Also the problems of lack of electricity and low purchasing power angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Happened After I Lied On My CV / How I Lost A Beautiful Job Opportunity Carelessly / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.