Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios (32591 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / Nigeria Gives South West Economic Advantage,Yorubas Don't Need Secession / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Osaze007: 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

It will take a while. Ogun has a higher growth than Oyo but the difference is a meager 1.2%

Interesting
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

Let's get back to you packing your bags and going back to the economically unviable South Yeast
It's well clear Anambra State is ahead of all Yoruba state outside no man's land, I have shown reliable fact, so no need wasting my time. Now let focus on foreigners from Waddai Sudan in Yoruba land, which many Yorubas find them hard to marry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

This is what he is avoiding. The abysmal economic activities in the south east. The article is written by a honest Igbo man

https://medium.com/kingmakers/how-we-projected-the-gdp-for-states-in-nigeria-5ccc5e2c85f7
This is current normal GDP from NBS grin

1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

2017 graphic in 2020 with no reference to the website?

iPob bureau of statistics cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are not that wise and let me show you how unwise you look going by this chart.

The First 5 states with a higher nominal GDP based on this chart showed that Akwa-Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa, and Anambra are above Ogun State in terms of nominal GDP, the denominator here is the oil producing.

See the below chart by NBS about Bayelsa as a case study, How will Bayelsa have higher nominal GDP than Ogun state if not for the oil?

Now breaking down the sector in terms of the chart you uploaded:
In Industry - Ogun beats Anambra
In Agriculture - Ogun beats Anambra
In services - Anambra beats Ogun.

Now do you know what the NBS categorize as services based on those statistics?

6 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

This is what he is avoiding. The abysmal economic activities in the south east. The article is written by a honest Igbo man

https://medium.com/kingmakers/how-we-projected-the-gdp-for-states-in-nigeria-5ccc5e2c85f7

grin
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
LegendHero:

You are not that wise and let me show you how unwise you look going by this chart.

The First 5 states with a higher nominal GDP based on this chart showed that Akwa-Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa, and Anambra are above Ogun State in terms of nominal GDP, the denominator here is the oil producing.

Take Bayelsa as a case study, How will Bayelsa have higher nominal GDP than Ogun state if not for the oil and its ripple effect?

Now breaking down the sector in terms of this chart:
In Industry - Ogun beats Anambra
In Agriculture - Ogun beats Anambra
In services - Anambra beats Ogun.

Now do you know what the NBS categorize as services based on those statistics?
The nominal gross domestic product for the 22 states (for which data is currently available) stood at N63.8trillion, or 56% of Nigeria’s nominal gross domestic product in that year.
By sector, the 22 states accounted for 57%, 77% and 48% of agriculture, industry and services GDP at the national level respectively. Among the 22 states, however, services sector accounted for 67%, while agriculture accounted for 22% and industry, 11% .GDP of an economy, including at State level, is a measure in monetary terms of production of all goods and services during a period. Like the compilation at the national level, State accounts statistics are based on the guidelines and recommendations set out in the System of National Accounts 2008 (SNA 2008).Across the 22 states, the non-oil sector represented 98% of total states GDP while the oil sector accounted for only 2%.
The 6 states with the highest nominal GDP in 2017 – FCT, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Anambra – accounted for about 50% of the total states GDP, or 27% of Nigeria’s nominal GDP, in 2017, it's was quite clear clear Anambra top Ogun and other Southwest states, outside Lagos in Economy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
totit:

Thank you for this. This does/settled it all for me.
I warned him he will be inflicted and injured, I told his is outdated ( despite the fact that SW even had the upper hand on the said Link of his anyway) but he wouldn't listen.

You saved me lot of stress and research on this one. shocked

grin
I know you guys hate accepting fact once the statistics doesn't favor your tribe, I gave you credible and reliable links but you choose to believe unreliable source grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nominal GDP measures the real economy

World nominal GDP 2014/2019

2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
Here is current normal GDP

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Anambralstson:

I know you guys hate accepting fact once the statistics don't favor your tribe, I gave you credible and reliable links but you choose to believe unreliable source grin

Relax.
Lagos isn't on the list, right? Well, that is good.

But once again, let me established the point I made earlier today which what the Op is all about. The OP and bone of contention here isn't about a state cos it is what happened to the rest of SE states which numbered about 3 above the rest of the SE states?

So, what? Anambra takes it all, Lagos too top all the table so what happened to the rest of SE states below SW states?
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Obiobidgbo14: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
I thank God for the IGBOS, they are reaping the fruits of hard work.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:
Here is current normal GDP

That is not current. Its 2013 to 2017. I posted the current estimates a page away grin

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:
Nominal GDP measures the real economy

Dude, you keep deviating from the bone of contention here, and so quick to present the table of these foreign GDP, of course not based on their respective country states.

So, but by your logic you are using anambra as a stand alone to measure the overall gdp between SE and Sw states.

Na wetin nah grin

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Obiobidgbo14:
I thank God for the IGBOS, they are reaping the fruits of hard work.

Fawk out of here if you have nothing to contribute grin

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
If by his local logic we focus on each table, the OP and measure them (SE/SW) side by side his table proved me right because according to the table SW covers most of the table within the top 10 or thereabout. cool
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

Fawk out of here if you have nothing to contribute grin

Those are what we refer to as waka-pass. It's a reverse psychic strategy. Leave the humble dude o jare! The ego must be massage now. grin

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osaze007:

Him tu lie[

* Falls from Chair* grin

This got me really hard, mehn

LMAO grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

That is not current. Its 2013 to 2017. I posted the current estimates a page away grin
First phase and second phase was released in second quarter of last year 2019, we are still expecting the final phase, Southwest states are out except Lagos, in Southeast only Anambra and Ebonyi State was published, the current NBS head is from Ogun state, I wonder why it's difficult for him to release the final phase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
totit:
If by his local logic we focus on each table, the OP and measure them (SE/SW) side by side his table proved me right because according to the table SW covers most of the table within the top 10 or thereabout. cool
The major fact still remains Ogun and Oyo are 2/5 states below Anambra in real economy no matter how you guys dance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Osaze007: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
totit:

* Falls from Chair* grin

This got me really hard, mehn

LMAO grin grin cheesy

I didn’t lie nah lol
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kayfra: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

The major fact still remains Ogun and Oyo are 2/5 states below Anambra in real economy no matter how you guys dance.

That's in your minecraft world. Not in the real world.

Anambra can't even contend with Kano, and Kaduna not to even speak of Oyo or Ogun.

Know your level and stop trying to punch above your weight class

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

You have issues and you have nobody to tell you. grin

Now, answer a simple question cos I don't have time for this back and forth an argument.

According to the Op, what's this thread all about, and your link? Which of these two regions lead on the table you provided? SE, or SW grin?

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

Anambra can't even contend with Kano, and Kaduna not to even speak of Oyo or Ogun.

The current NBS isn't Igbo grin grin You are really pain but fact still remains, these are guys that see and deals with real figures

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osaze007:

I didn’t lie nah lol

The chin chi lu' got me really heard. grin grin

Can't still stop laughing heard grin cheesy
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

The current NBS head isn't Igbo grin grin You are really pain but fact still remains, these are guys that see and deal with real figures not layman like you

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
kayfra:

Check figures in these tables to know if Anambra can contend with Kano and Kaduna grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mind you Economic activities in Anambra and other southeastern states are 98% control by indegenous unlike Southwest

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Osaze007: 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

The current NBS isn't Igbo grin grin You are really pain but fact still remains, these are guys that see and deals with real figures

This ipod is still parading with fake nominal
The world is operating on real gdp osu is posting nominal gdp

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:
Mind you Economic activities in Anambra and other southeastern states are 98% control by indegenous unlike Southwest

Can you prove that with a stats?

Lmao

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Osaze007: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Anambralstson:

Check figures in these tables to know if Anambra can contend with Kano and Kaduna grin

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

Did you read the statistics you just posted so ordinary Oyo state has more funds than anambra

Edo has more funds than anambra

So edo is richer than igbos useless mumu
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osaze007:

This ipod is still parading with fake nominal
The world is operating on real gdp osu is posting nominal gdp
You own case is worst, you are plan educated illiterate and stupidly doesn't what to learn. What's nominal GDP?

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike: I Made A Vow To Support The Winner, We Are All For Atiku Abubakar / Caption This Photo Of President Jonathan, Mama Peace, Osinbajo And Wife / Shettima Donates Utility Vehicles To Army - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.