Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios (32993 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / Nigeria Gives South West Economic Advantage,Yorubas Don't Need Secession / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Nnamdi Okoknwo represent Peter Obi, Show me Shola Adeola in GTBank, you see Nigeria colors in Fidelity Bank unlike GTBank with no Nigeria name, largely dominated by UK firms

You are saying jargons. You still haven’t sat down to understand how all these things work. You’re looking at it like a layman.

Tell me where the rest of the shares are? Some of the companies only show as low as 5% of their shares on that market screener and yet you still haven’t asked some salient question.

Read up on how all these work and stop disgracing yourself. Now you’re saying Gtbank has no Nigerian input and I can’t but laugh at your ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
totit:

Lmao.
You concerned him bad!

If we are to go by his logic and the table you presented I would say FIDELITY BANK is own by the largest shareholder on the table.
Hmmm.. grin

Abeg.

What most of those companies does is putting a certain amount of their shares that can be bought out and withholding some certain percentage in the inner caucus to mitigate against a situation where someone can just come and buy all the shares and control the company.

To explain what I meant. Let’s take Facebook as an example, based on the Marketscreener chart he’s uploading you will see that the largest shareholder on the list for Facebook held 7.5% and they are the vanguard Group which is owned by John Bogle.

But everyone knows Zuckerbeg owns Facebook with the largest share but yet Marketscreener is displaying Vanguard group as the largest shareholder.

That’s the explanation I’m trying to let him see but I think he dosen’t want to learn!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

You don’t know what you are saying.

Read this and apply investment sense while reading, DON’T just read like a novice: https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20180716/281479277190080

On the side note: OANDO already said Volpi ain’t their Shareholders. Read that link I pasted up here to know why you thought Volpi was a shareholder in OANDO. It was all due to a case where Volpi Ansbury investment claimed they owed his some money.
Tinubu was trying to swindle Mr Volpi not knowing he was dealing with Italian mafia

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Tinubu was trying to swindle Mr Volpi not knowing he was dealing with Italian mafia

It seems you don’t have a good comprehension skills bro and I think arguing further with you will just mean that we will be going around in circles till eternity.

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Seems what most of those companies does is putting a certain amount of their shares that can be bought out and withholding some certain percentage in the inner caucus to mitigate against a situation where someone can just come and buy all the shares and control the company.

GTBank largely control by UK and other countries, deceiving Nigerians with Yoruba names on management board, same game UK are playing with LADOL, 81% of it substantial shares are own by UK companies, just to enjoy preferential indigenous policies.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

GTBank largely control by UK and other countries, deceiving Nigerians with Yoruba names on management board, same game UK are playing LADOL 81% of it substantial shares are own by UK companies, just to enjoy preferential indigenous policies.

This is Facebook below and the largest shareholder according to Marketscreener is the Vanguards holdings which is owned by John Bogle.

Can we conclude that Mark Zuckerberg is not the owner or the one with the main equity stake on Facebook by this chart??

Can you see that Mark Zuckerberg name is not included in the list of the shareholders below?

Have you ever wondered where the rest of the % will be since what is shown here is not more than 30%?

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

This is Facebook below and the largest shareholder according to Marketscreener is the Vanguards holdings which is owned by John Bogle.

Can we conclude that Mark Zuckerberg is not the owner of Facebook by this chart??

Have you ever wondered where the rest of the % will be since what is shown here is not more than 30%?
We are discussing Nigeria market, all banks in Nigeria bear the names of individual shareholders and Nigeria Flag colors why is GTBank different, no Nigeria name, and it's showing UK flag which indicate UK firms that control major shareholders.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

We are discussing Nigeria market, all banks in Nigeria bear the names of individual shareholders and Nigeria Flag colors why is GTBank different, no Nigeria name, and it's showing UK flag which indicate UK firms that control major shareholders.

Well it’s showing Nigerian flag from where I am.

Why will you even judge by just flag if it’s not that you’re tying to derail the thread.

Seems I have to leave here coz it’s evident we will go around in circles till the lord Jesus comes back.

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by oyatz(m): 1:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
1) Banks in Nigieria are usually Public qoated companies on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

2) Nigerians from different tribes/ religions buy shares in these banks.

3) The ethnic affinities of the board of directors doesn't necessarily mean the ownership of these PLCs by tribes

Anambralstson:

Please mind you words, Union bank is managed by Igbos for years now they are not the owner, Federal Government of Nigeria acquired 51.67% ownership of the Union bank, leaving Barclays Bank Plc of London with 40% ownership. In 1979, that 40% was sold to Nigerian individuals and businesses to comply with then recently enacted banking and investment laws. Yorubas doesn't own Union bank, same as first Bank.

Polaris bank,

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Seems what most of those companies does is putting a certain amount of their shares that can be bought out and withholding some certain percentage in the inner caucus to mitigate against a situation where someone can just come and buy all the shares and control the company.

To explain what I meant. Let’s take Facebook as an example, based on the Marketscreener chart he’s uploading you will see that the largest shareholder on the list for Facebook held 7.5% and they are the vanguard Group which is owned by John Bogle.

But everyone knows Zuckerbeg owns Facebook with the largest share but yet Marketscreener is displaying bother group as the largest shareholder.

That’s the explanation I’m trying to let him see but I think he dosen’t want to learn!

The embolded sums it up.
And remove the word ' seems " that's how the shares are distributed.

Common sense is what you are applying here and i can't seem to figure why my friend can't just comprehend that. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
totit:

The embolded sums it up.
And remove the word ' seems " that's how the shares are distributed.

Common sense is what you are applying here and i can't seem to figure why my friend can't just comprehend that. grin cheesy
Ok removed.

I purposely put seems there coz I want him to debate it. Even as an engineering student, I understood those basic things which is what I’m trying to let him see.

I co-own a non-banking MFI in Nigeria and that’s how I knew about how things work. It’s just to guard the interest of the inner caucus but I think the guy don’t wanna calm down and reason for at least a seconds.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Koralords: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:
what if i told you that more than 50% of the users of MMA are igbos and if there is a consensus among these people to use Abuja or PH Airport , the economic Impact will automatically turn PH and Abuja Airport into a major destination and will impact on the travel economy of those Cities
am pro igbo cos my bro is married to one and truth be told they are Marginalised but this chest beating if your bro and bringing up statistics that can never be proven
idiot saying %50 of users of mma and igbo did you you consult a survey,
why is the enough airport be better than mma then

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Are you aware you can register a bank in UK and as well in Nigeria simultaneously? While GTB operates in Nigeria, its corporate address may not and thus it may choose to fly the flag of its home country. It does not mean it is owned by foreigners.

Operating in Nigeria and flying a foreign flag may be perceived as unpatriotic but thats a fight for CAC, assuming there are rules on such.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Well it’s showing Nigerian flag from where I am.

Why will you even judge by just flag if it’s not that you’re tying to derail the thread.

Seems I have to leave here coz it’s evident we will go around in circles till the lord Jesus comes back.
Why no Yoruba name or firm on shareholders table unlike other Nigeria banks

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
PeterUdeme:

I was expecting you to say igbos should boycott Lagos markets and move to the east.

who runs the major markets in Lagos , Ladipo, Alaba, Computer Village, GSM village,Balogun and Surulere /Yaba

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:

who runs the major markets in Lagos , Ladipo, Alaba, Computer Village, GSM village,Balogun and Surulere /Yaba

How much is the contribution of those markets to the revenue of Lagos?

See what metaphysical said on here for example. Do you see a short snippet on how the revenue is generated?

Go online now and read about Lagos government revenue documents to ascertain what each sector contributes to the Lagos Government.

After doing that, come back here and edit your topic coz the more you try leaving the topic as-is, the more clueless you will become in the face of independent observers.

Most of you always think 2by2 shops is automatically the base of a functioning economy while ignoring the revenue ability of large corporations. Dangote refinery alone will contribute more to Lagos than all the rubbish you listed up here a million times!

MetaPhysical:

In taxation, the state gets more than half of its tax revenue from industrial sector.

All those manufacturing plants along Oshodi-Apapa Xpress, Isolo, inward to Ilupeju. Then the ones at Ikeja. These are the biggest revenue generators. They tax at ports, they pay property tax, they pay capital gains tax, they pay environmental waste tax, they employ workers who pay tax, they pay profit tax. Majority of them are owned by foreigners. The indigeneous ones are mostly owned by Yorubas.

Next to them are real estate developers. Real estate developrs should be in lead and ahesd of industrial complexes if all buildings, residential & commercial, get permits before they are erected. Ibo is tenant at homes and in shops so your contribution is negligible. More of you sleep in shops that in an apartment or house.

Markets come next. Ibo markets can never ever outstrip revenue generated by various markets spread all over Lagos Island, in Tejuosho/Yaba, in Ebute Meta, Mile12, Mile2, Ikorodu, Palmgrove, Mushin, Ojota, Ketu...and so on.

Art and culture.... grin
Do you see Yorubamen in wrapper, Isiagu and winter hat? Look around and see how many Ibos are in sokoto, buba and agbada, with gobi on their head. See your women dressed in Yoruba attire. When it comes to arts and culture let me just say you have been Yorubanized.

Nollywood and music. Yoruba has always owned theater in Nigeria. We continue to own theater even today.
In music, many Yoruba musicians have become household names around the globe. We have over 10 genres of music in credit to Yoruba culture.

Igbo women Mttchhhew...do you mean prostitution?

Airport/seaport....how many ships are owned by Ibos? What do you contribute to airport beside drugs?

Churches...you flock Yoruba churches so much that Kanu even vented and showed his hatred with a promise to kill Kumuyi for going to East.

This guy is not serious.

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
I hate it when Igbo's cry cause they are the problems of themselves;
*If innoson motor can be patronized by his Igbo brothers,imagine the profit and the positive distribution of wealth in the east
*If erisco foods can produce good n quality items and his brother markets it well for him
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Starling bank
Union bank
Zenith bank
UBA
Fidelity
Access
First bank
Heritage
Polaris all have names of individual or Nigeria companies as their shareholder in GTBank majority are UK firms and US, please you guys should show me the firm in UK own by Fola Adeola

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Why no Yoruba name or firm on shareholders table unlike other Nigeria banks

Knowing that Yoruba have always been in command of financial and banking industry even before independence, will you even believe if anyone told you GTB does not have a Yoruba in its ownership list? grin

There is a common denominator amongst Yorubas - they do not make noise!

If it wasn't for Forbes that started publishing owners of wealth by rank, Ibos had made everyone believe they were the wealthiest individuals in Africa.

Yorubas dont flaunt, others who discover them do the flaunting for them.

Absence of Yoruba on GTB does not mean it lacks Yoruba ownership. It is even absurd for anyone to accept that simply because Yoruba names are not listed.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by GuyWise(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Comparing Yoruba with IGBO is like comparing ants with Elephants...

Apart from federal presence in the S.waste, Individual development is zero, with dirty towns and dirty and poor rural areas with old red mud houses and rusted roofs.

I am going to upload pictures of the houses where these dirty people live in.
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

See what metaphysical said on here for example. Do you see a short snippet on how the revenue is generated?

Go online now and read about Lagos government revenue documents to ascertain what each sector contributes to the Lagos Government.

After doing that, come back here and edit your topic coz the more you try leaving the topic as-is, the more clueless you will become in the face of independent observers.

Most of you always think 2by2 shops is automatically the base of a functioning economy while ignoring the revenue ability of large corporations. Dangote refinery alone will contribute more to Lagos than all the rubbish you listed up here a million times!

Check this table trade contributed more than manufacturing sector, that's area you guys are very Ignorant

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Knowing that Yoruba have always been in command of financial and banking industry even before independence, will you even believe if anyone told you GTB does not have a Yoruba in its ownership list? grin

There is a common denominator amongst Yorubas - they do not make noise!

If it wasn't for Forbes that started publishing owners of wealth by rank, Ibos had made everyone believe they were the wealthiest individuals in Africa.

Yorubas dont flaunt, others who discover them do the flaunting for them.

Absence of Yoruba on GTB does not mean it lacks Yoruba ownership. It is even absurd for anyone to accept that simply because Yoruba names are not listed.
Show me Fola Adeola firm in UK on GTBank shareholder table

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by PeterUdeme: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:

The more reason they should leave so that the markets could collapse. Don’t you think?

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

There are more than 150 million mobile phones , tablets ,4G/3G modems etc , the average cost of these gadgets if conservatively pegged at N5000 puts the computer village and the phone and phone accessories business at a market worth N750 B , this is excluding the neighboring countries who come to buy from igbo dominated markets who in turn source their wares from Computer village.
compute how much you have spent on phone last year 2019 and multiply it by 100 million Nigerians to get a conservative estimate of the retail phone business controlled by igbos

According to Naira metric , the used car and motor cycle industry in Nigeria made sales in excess of 1.08 Trillion Naira for 2019 , this is a bit lower than the lagos padded budget for 2020 ,Analysis of the data shows that the importation of used cars gulped N676.3 billion during the period while the amount spent on motorbike importation stood at N411.3 billion on the average each used car gulps from N150,000 to 500,000 worth of spare parts to keep it on the road every year during its life span of about 10 years before it gets out of the road,

Compute how much you spent buying spare parts for your car and multiply by 5 Million to a conservative estimate of the auto parts controlled by igbos

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Check this out. GTB is a Nigerian owed company. Who owns it? The list of its officers is enough hint to indicate where its ownership is.

About GTBank
Guaranty Trust Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank, PLC, Nigeria, which is a wholly owned and managed Nigerian banking institution with a branch network that covers over 200 locations in Nigeria.

Guaranty Trust Bank’s growing reputation as an international brand was reaffirmed years ago by a successful US$750 million Global Depository Receipt (GDR) Offering. The listing of the GDRs on the London Stock Exchange in July 2007 made the Bank the first African Bank and Nigerian Company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Bank had entered history books earlier in the year as the first Nigerian institution since the early 1990s to venture into the international capital markets and raise funds via a US$350 million Regulation S Eurobond issue. The bank was recently recognized as the Best Bank during the Euro Money Awards.

Guaranty Trust Bank plc presently has banking subsidiaries in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Rwanda and the United Kingdom. The Bank has a BB- risk asset rating from Standard & Poors’ and a AA- rating from Fitch in recognition of its strong domestic franchise, good quality assets and sound earnings record.

Guaranty Trust Bank commenced operations in Sierra Leone in January 2002 through the successful acquisition of the 90% shareholding of the former First Merchant Bank of Sierra Leone. Today, Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Limited is the third largest bank in Sierra Leone after thirteen years of its operations. The bank continues to be the fastest growing bank on account of its outstanding growth as indicated by all performance indices.

Over the years, the bank has evolved into an industry leader. This is mainly attributed to the exceptional financial performance, excellent service standards, value adding products and services, innovation, professionalism and excellent ethics, which have led to high customer loyalty and commendations from many organizations.

GTBank has a huge appetite for big ticket transactions which has availed the bank a competitive edge in the Sierra Leone banking industry. The bank supports both private and government initiatives. GTBank is a major banker to all the Telecommunications companies, major petroleum companies, Governmental parastatals, major importers and mining companies and several other institutions including SMEs. Guaranty Trust Bank remains the epitome of success with an unrivalled team of professionals dedicated to delivering the utmost in customer service. Guaranty Trust Bank strives to be the best at all times with absolute commitment to its valued stakeholders. For this unquestionable dedication to its customers GTBank has been recognized by KPMG as the “Most Customer Focused Bank in Sierra Leone” in 2012. The All Walks of Life (AWOL) organization which recognizes excellence in service provision had awarded Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd the best Financial Institution of the Year in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, awards from the Northern and Southern regions of the country have cemented Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd reputation as a leader in Commercial Banking.

In 2015 Guaranty Trust Bank was awarded the International Award for Excellence Leadership, in recognition of its commitment to the Quality and Excellence of its Services.

https://www.gtb.sl/home/about-us/
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:

There are more than 150 million mobile phones , tablets ,4G/3G modems etc , the average cost of these gadgets if conservatively pegged at N5000 puts the computer village and the phone and phone accessories business at a market worth N750 B , this is excluding the neighboring countries who come to buy from igbo dominated markets who in turn source their wares from Computer village.
compute how much you have spent on phone last year 2019 and multiply it by 100 million Nigerians to get a conservative estimate of the retail phone business controlled by igbos

According to Naira metric , the used car and motor cycle industry in Nigeria made sales in excess of 1.08 Trillion Naira for 2019 , this is a bit lower than the lagos padded budget for 2020 ,Analysis of the data shows that the importation of used cars gulped N676.3 billion during the period while the amount spent on motorbike importation stood at N411.3 billion on the average each used car gulps from N150,000 to 500,000 worth of spare parts to keep it on the road every year during its life span of about 10 years before it gets out of the road,

Compute how much you spent buying spare parts for your car and multiply by 5 Million to a conservative estimate of the auto parts controlled by igbos

You don’t understand how economics work. It’s not a layman reasoning and you don’t compute them based on the number of smartphones available in supply.

It’s just a ridiculous assumptions and trying to engage you in a discussion with this kind of premise will reduce my intelligence quotient.

Also to show you how ridiculous your assumption is, you mean all the owners of phones in Nigeria got them from computer village and automatically mean every other major phone market in the rest of Nigeria is inconsequential and computer village is the sole supplier of phones?

6 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 2:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
Check this out. GTB is a Nigerian owed company. Who owns it? The list of its officers is enough hint to indicate where its ownership is.

About GTBank
Guaranty Trust Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank, PLC, Nigeria, which is a wholly owned and managed Nigerian banking institution with a branch network that covers over 200 locations in Nigeria.

Guaranty Trust Bank’s growing reputation as an international brand was reaffirmed years ago by a successful US$750 million Global Depository Receipt (GDR) Offering. The listing of the GDRs on the London Stock Exchange in July 2007 made the Bank the first African Bank and Nigerian Company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Bank had entered history books earlier in the year as the first Nigerian institution since the early 1990s to venture into the international capital markets and raise funds via a US$350 million Regulation S Eurobond issue. The bank was recently recognized as the Best Bank during the Euro Money Awards.

Guaranty Trust Bank plc presently has banking subsidiaries in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Rwanda and the United Kingdom. The Bank has a BB- risk asset rating from Standard & Poors’ and a AA- rating from Fitch in recognition of its strong domestic franchise, good quality assets and sound earnings record.

Guaranty Trust Bank commenced operations in Sierra Leone in January 2002 through the successful acquisition of the 90% shareholding of the former First Merchant Bank of Sierra Leone. Today, Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Limited is the third largest bank in Sierra Leone after thirteen years of its operations. The bank continues to be the fastest growing bank on account of its outstanding growth as indicated by all performance indices.

Over the years, the bank has evolved into an industry leader. This is mainly attributed to the exceptional financial performance, excellent service standards, value adding products and services, innovation, professionalism and excellent ethics, which have led to high customer loyalty and commendations from many organizations.

GTBank has a huge appetite for big ticket transactions which has availed the bank a competitive edge in the Sierra Leone banking industry. The bank supports both private and government initiatives. GTBank is a major banker to all the Telecommunications companies, major petroleum companies, Governmental parastatals, major importers and mining companies and several other institutions including SMEs. Guaranty Trust Bank remains the epitome of success with an unrivalled team of professionals dedicated to delivering the utmost in customer service. Guaranty Trust Bank strives to be the best at all times with absolute commitment to its valued stakeholders. For this unquestionable dedication to its customers GTBank has been recognized by KPMG as the “Most Customer Focused Bank in Sierra Leone” in 2012. The All Walks of Life (AWOL) organization which recognizes excellence in service provision had awarded Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd the best Financial Institution of the Year in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, awards from the Northern and Southern regions of the country have cemented Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd reputation as a leader in Commercial Banking.

In 2015 Guaranty Trust Bank was awarded the International Award for Excellence Leadership, in recognition of its commitment to the Quality and Excellence of its Services.

https://www.gtb.sl/home/about-us/

Brother, don’t waste your time trying to explain things to him coz it seems he’s just derailing the thread on purpose.

I’ve explained to him countless times how things work but it seems he’s too rigid to take to corrections.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Check this table trade contributed more than manufacturing sector, that's area you guys are very Ignorant

So you mean large corporations only deals in manufacturing?

Haba bro, what’s happening to you?
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Which area is Yoruba ignorant, in trade? grin grin

Dude, compare your success in Yorubaland to your success anywere else on the globe. Your best and brightest are located in Yorubaland. Their prosperity is made possible by the dynamics of Yoruba markets. Till date, after over 30yrs of practicing trade in Yorubaland you have not successfully replicated or reproduced this dynamism back in East. Why? Because its not just your commodity of spare parts and building materials that brings success, it is the strategy and skills of marketing and the procedures that make both organs come together for benefit of the marketer. What are those strategies? It is the rule of open market!

Dangote is the wealthiest African. His scion is Dantata. Their wealth will continue for many more generations to come but everytime Dantatas and Dangotes will give the genesis of their success they always give credit to Yorubas who embraced and supported their kolanut business many years ago. If Dantata had been trading palm oil in East instead he would never have made it because Ibo lack strategy for open business. You lack diversity. It is not your know-how that gives you wealth, Yoruba prowess in social and cultural openess is the gateway of your growth.

If you doubt me list two non Ibos who became wealthy by trading in East. Infact name just one! I will give a list of 50 non Yorubas to that 1 you name. I can even list for you Ghanaians who made their wealth in Abeokuta and ended up running trade chains across West Africa.

In the field commerce and trade Ibo is a new comer, and you will not let people rest as you beat chest and make noise.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by mercyville: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

grin grin grin
Ogun, Makun new city would be far more favorable to live in than your AMC nonsense.
Typical Conehead

Ogun is far from Anambra in developments, on industries Ogun is enjoying closeness to Lagos, however industry, Agriculture, services makeup GDP, services contributed largely to GDP, Ogun is far below Anambra in services, Anambra is number one leading state in indigenous industries in Nigeria, majority of industries in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo are owned by foreigners and non Yorubas, isn't like that over here, Anambra, host biggest market in West Africa, in national GDP trade contributed more to Nigeria GDP more than industry, the only place relatively developing in Ogun is just the areas close to Lagos, outside those area nothing, Ogun state capital Abeokuta is far backward to Awka Anambra State capital, mind you Onitsha metro is there Onitsha metropolis covers Onitsha North and South LGA, Idemili North Lg, Ogbaru Lg and Oyi LGA, developments in Onitsha has covered many towns, Nnewi is fast developing industrial city. Ogun in next 30 years can't get to Anambra level now, pure fact , this a state I know. Anambra State top Ogun and Oyo in Economy

Yet only Ibadan city is more developed than all the entire 5 SE states known as Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by mercyville: 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
GuyWise:
Comparing Yoruba with IGBO is like comparing ants with Elephants...

Apart from federal presence in the S.waste, Individual development is zero, with dirty towns and dirty and poor rural areas with old red mud houses and rusted roofs.

I am going to upload pictures of the houses where these dirty people live in.

Let me help you.

IGBOLAND.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by kettykings: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

You don’t understand how economics work. It’s not a layman reasoning and you don’t compute them based on the number of smartphones available in supply.

It’s just a ridiculous assumptions and trying to engage you in a discussion with this kind of premise will reduce my intelligence quotient.

Also to show you how ridiculous your assumption is, you mean all the owners of phones in Nigeria got them from computer village and automatically mean every other major phone market in the rest of Nigeria is inconsequential and computer village is the sole supplier of phones?

this is no rocket science, you can com up with your own computation so we can compare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (38) (Reply)

Buhari’s Minister Owns $43m EFCC Found In Lagos – Mike Ozekhome / Banky W You Collected N57million From Buhari – Woman Calls Out Singer / Muhammadu Buhari 3-Layer Interchange In Hotoro Kano State, Commissioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.