Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios (33001 Views)

South East Vs South West Presidency, Who Would SS People Support? / Nigeria Gives South West Economic Advantage,Yorubas Don't Need Secession / South East Vs North West (photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by mercyville: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
GuyWise:
Comparing Yoruba with IGBO is like comparing ants with Elephants...

Apart from federal presence in the S.waste, Individual development is zero, with dirty towns and dirty and poor rural areas with old red mud houses and rusted roofs.

I am going to upload pictures of the houses where these dirty people live in.

THIS IS ONLY A CITY IN YORUBALAND AND IT IS MORE DEVELOPED THAN THE ENTIRE IGBOLAND.Ask Kettykings Alias Anambra1stmumu and his numerous monickers cheesy grin grin

IBADAN.

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by mercyville: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Wake me up when the entire Igboland has one skyscraper or half as developed as Ibadan grin

IBADAN.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:

There are more than 150 million mobile phones , tablets ,4G/3G modems etc , the average cost of these gadgets if conservatively pegged at N5000 puts the computer village and the phone and phone accessories business at a market worth N750 B , this is excluding the neighboring countries who come to buy from igbo dominated markets who in turn source their wares from Computer village.
Let me give you more basic explanation about how Lagos generates its revenue internally so you can learn.

The major areas where Lagos generates revenue internally is the PAYE, Direct Assessment, Road Tax, and Other Revenues.

Now what is PAYE: it’s Pay as you Earn, it’s usually a form of personal income tax that is deducted directly from the wages and salaries of employees operating in the formal sector (emphasis on formal sector). It’s share is 45.64%. Infact in 2016, PAYE contributed 63.3% of the total IGR of Lagos according to Budgit.

Direct Assessment: it’s charged on self-employed individuals, usually imposed on informal businesses by state authorities. It’s share is 2.39%

Road Tax: Usually levied on commercial transporters operating within Lagos. Share is 2.48%

Other Revenue: includes Land registration, Market traders, pool betting/gaming/lottery, and stamp duties, and etc. Share is 19.27%

According to Budgit, the below chart indicates the share of each of the revenue component on Lagos state.

With the above summary, do you see where Lagos government get the money they are using to build Lagos? Now try to identify areas where you think the Igbos dominate and tell us how you think they built Lagos like all of you always claimed.

Note: GDP component measures the real growth and that is where we can identify what each sector contributes entirely but I just thought I should use the revenue to explain better to you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
mercyville:

Let me help you.

IGBOLAND.

Please, don't encourage those brainless and trolls to spoil the beautiful thread.

Let him be we have intelligent fellows here contributing to the thread accordingly.

grin

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
mercyville:
Wake me up when the entire Igboland has one skyscraper or half as developed as Ibadan grin

IBADAN.
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
mercyville:

Yet only Ibadan city is more developed than all the entire 5 SE states known as Igboland.
Ibadan is mega slum and backward city

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
kettykings:

There are more than 150 million mobile phones , tablets ,4G/3G modems etc , the average cost of these gadgets if conservatively pegged at N5000 puts the computer village and the phone and phone accessories business at a market worth N750 B , this is excluding the neighboring countries who come to buy from igbo dominated markets who in turn source their wares from Computer village.
compute how much you have spent on phone last year 2019 and multiply it by 100 million Nigerians to get a conservative estimate of the retail phone business controlled by igbos

According to Naira metric , the used car and motor cycle industry in Nigeria made sales in excess of 1.08 Trillion Naira for 2019 , this is a bit lower than the lagos padded budget for 2020 ,Analysis of the data shows that the importation of used cars gulped N676.3 billion during the period while the amount spent on motorbike importation stood at N411.3 billion on the average each used car gulps from N150,000 to 500,000 worth of spare parts to keep it on the road every year during its life span of about 10 years before it gets out of the road,

Compute how much you spent buying spare parts for your car and multiply by 5 Million to a conservative estimate of the auto parts controlled by igbos

Igbo control of computer village is in mouth. Yoruba control computer village. In fact Yoruba were the first marketers in the area. Again, its worth repeating, Yoruba is open and does not make noise. If we did Ibo would never have entered into computer trade to begin with.

The last issue about putting leadership in the market should already inform you that you are minority in that sector, and in that market. When Iyaloja threatened to take actions against troublemakers your leaders in the market got their senses back and behaved.

ASPAMDA, your leaders were begging the world to come to their rescue after the concession was changed to new ownership.

You will make noise but when you meet roadblock you start calling for rescue.

If you are the monopolist your market should never be at risk and you would never need to send SOS for rescue. You have to do that because you do not have controlling interest in these markets, but you get mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Ibadan is mega slum and backward city
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
Check this out. GTB is a Nigerian owed company. Who owns it? The list of its officers is enough hint to indicate where its ownership is.

About GTBank
Guaranty Trust Bank (Sierra Leone) Limited is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank, PLC, Nigeria, which is a wholly owned and managed Nigerian banking institution with a branch network that covers over 200 locations in Nigeria.

Guaranty Trust Bank’s growing reputation as an international brand was reaffirmed years ago by a successful US$750 million Global Depository Receipt (GDR) Offering. The listing of the GDRs on the London Stock Exchange in July 2007 made the Bank the first African Bank and Nigerian Company to be listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Bank had entered history books earlier in the year as the first Nigerian institution since the early 1990s to venture into the international capital markets and raise funds via a US$350 million Regulation S Eurobond issue. The bank was recently recognized as the Best Bank during the Euro Money Awards.

Guaranty Trust Bank plc presently has banking subsidiaries in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Rwanda and the United Kingdom. The Bank has a BB- risk asset rating from Standard & Poors’ and a AA- rating from Fitch in recognition of its strong domestic franchise, good quality assets and sound earnings record.

Guaranty Trust Bank commenced operations in Sierra Leone in January 2002 through the successful acquisition of the 90% shareholding of the former First Merchant Bank of Sierra Leone. Today, Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Limited is the third largest bank in Sierra Leone after thirteen years of its operations. The bank continues to be the fastest growing bank on account of its outstanding growth as indicated by all performance indices.

Over the years, the bank has evolved into an industry leader. This is mainly attributed to the exceptional financial performance, excellent service standards, value adding products and services, innovation, professionalism and excellent ethics, which have led to high customer loyalty and commendations from many organizations.

GTBank has a huge appetite for big ticket transactions which has availed the bank a competitive edge in the Sierra Leone banking industry. The bank supports both private and government initiatives. GTBank is a major banker to all the Telecommunications companies, major petroleum companies, Governmental parastatals, major importers and mining companies and several other institutions including SMEs. Guaranty Trust Bank remains the epitome of success with an unrivalled team of professionals dedicated to delivering the utmost in customer service. Guaranty Trust Bank strives to be the best at all times with absolute commitment to its valued stakeholders. For this unquestionable dedication to its customers GTBank has been recognized by KPMG as the “Most Customer Focused Bank in Sierra Leone” in 2012. The All Walks of Life (AWOL) organization which recognizes excellence in service provision had awarded Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd the best Financial Institution of the Year in 2006, 2010, 2011 and 2013. Additionally, awards from the Northern and Southern regions of the country have cemented Guaranty Trust Bank (SL) Ltd reputation as a leader in Commercial Banking.

In 2015 Guaranty Trust Bank was awarded the International Award for Excellence Leadership, in recognition of its commitment to the Quality and Excellence of its Services.

https://www.gtb.sl/home/about-us/
Real owners of GTBank

2 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Real owners of GTBank

Where in the image you attached indicates they are the owners of Gtbank?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
[.
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Real owners of GTBank

grin

You are illiterate in these matters as LegendHero said, and I agree.

There are many banks around the world named Guaranty Trust Bank.

There is only one named Guaranty Trust Bank, PLC Nigeria. Its logo is also different than that of other GTBs in India and other places.

I did my homework before I shared the info from GTB Sierra Leone. I wanted you to read what a GTB outside Nigeria said of who they are.

Go and find GTB Uganda, im sure they will also tell you their parent company is GTB PLC NIGERIA!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

So you mean large corporations only deals in manufacturing?

Haba bro, what’s happening to you?
You were degrading trade because that one of the areas Igbo dominate, national nominal GDP trade accounted for #5.3trillion last year.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Legend modify.
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
Legend modify.

DN
Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

grin

You are illiterate in these matters as LegendHero said, and I agree.

There are many banks around the world named Guaranty Trust Bank.

There is only one named Guaranty Trust Bank, PLC Nigeria. Its logo is also different than that of other GTBs in India and other places.

I did my homework before I shared the info from GTB Sierra Leone. I wanted you to read what a GTB outside Nigeria said of who they are.

Go and find GTB Uganda, im sure they will also tell you their parent company is GTB PLC NIGERIA!

Abi o. A liitle google search will show him Gtbank UK.

They stated that "We are the UK fully owned subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, one of the leading financial services providers in Nigeria."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Real owners of GTBank

You don't know nada. You are quoting GTbank UK which in itself is a subsidiary of the parent body.

On their Website, they stated that "We are the UK fully owned subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, one of the leading financial services providers in Nigeria."

Subsidiary means less important than but related or supplementary to something OR a company controlled by a holding company. Holding company in this case is Gtbank Nigeria. They also have branches across Africa which are separate entity answerable to the Nigeria company.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[.
Rabble-rouser, you have nothing to intimidate me with.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

You were degrading trade because that one of the areas Igbo dominate, national nominal GDP trade accounted for #5.3trillion last year.

I read Legend reference on what was written by metaphysical.
There is no trade market in entire Lagos State with revenue generator above Ereko/Balogun/OkeArin/Idunmota. This zone is controlled by Yoruba traders.

Next to them is meat trade.
Lagos consumes N1.6bn worth of cattle daily’. The meat depot in Lagos is Oko Oba.

Which Ibo market is the highest net revenue maker in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by totit: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Abi o. A liitle google search will show him Gtbank UK.

They stated that "We are the UK fully owned subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, one of the leading financial services providers in Nigeria."

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I warn am oooooo cheesy

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

You don't know nada. You are quoting GTbank UK which in itself is a subsidiary of the parent body.

On their Website, they stated that "We are the UK fully owned subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, one of the leading financial services providers in Nigeria."

Subsidiary means less important than but related or supplementary to something OR a company controlled by a holding company. Holding company in this case is Gtbank Nigeria. They also have branches across Africa which in itself are separate entity answerable to the Nigeria company.

No mind the guy. I doubt he is Ibo. His counter to your facts is a driver to further cement Yoruba superiority in the subject areas, yet he wont give up. Its like he wants you to fully demoralize Ibos and their noisy claims. A true Ibo will not do that.

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Rabble-rouser, you have nothing to intimidate me with.

You have noise, I have facts. We go see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

No mind the guy. I doubt he is Ibo. His counter to your facts is a driver to further cement Yoruba superiority in the subject areas, yet he wont give up. Its like he wants you to fully demoralize Ibos and their noisy claims. A true Ibo will not do that.

He is Igbo. He is just someone that's confused that do not most times subject his deduction to logical reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

Subsidiary means less important than but related or supplementary to something OR a company controlled by a holding company. Holding company in this case is Gtbank Nigeria. They also have branches across Africa which are separate entity answerable to the Nigeria company.
What I'm asking for is the name of any Yoruba man on shareholders list, just like is in other Nigeria banks, stop wasting your data I know how to dig those informations.

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

You have noise, I have facts. We go see.
Show me your facts

4 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
LegendHero:

He is Igbo. He is just someone that's confused that do not most times subject his deduction to logical reasoning.

Really? Im shocked at his prolonged arguments and insistence after you have proven the point. Jesus! grin

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by BabaRamota1980: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Show me your facts

On what topic area?

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

What I'm asking for is the name of any Yoruba man on shareholders list, just like is in other Nigeria banks, stop wasting your data I know how to dig those informations.

Well my data is unlimited so you can stop worrying about that.

Everybody on this thread is already laughing at your ignorance, I'm quite sure kettykings your kin will also be ashamed of you right now based on your line of argument.

Again, stop worrying about my data!!

1 Like

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

I read Legend reference on what was written by metaphysical.
There is no trade market in entire Lagos State with revenue generator above Ereko/Balogun/OkeArin/Idunmota. This zone is controlled by Yoruba traders.

Next to them is meat trade.
Lagos consumes N1.6bn worth of cattle daily’. The meat depot in Lagos is Oko Oba.

Which Ibo market is the highest net revenue maker in Lagos?

Rabble-rouser can you show me revenue generated in those markets you mentioned, since you have facts

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by Anambralstson: 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Really? Im shocked at his prolonged arguments and insistence after you have proven the point. Jesus! grin
No point yet, still waiting for GTBank shareholders list Yoruba man top,

5 Likes

Re: South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios by LegendHero(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
Anambralstson:

Rabble-rouser can you show me revenue generated in those markets you mentioned, since you have facts

In law, the burden of proving a case by a preponderance of evidence lies with the plaintiff. On this thread, one of you kettykings came to boast about you controlling the activities of Lagos, and that if the Igbos pullout of lagos, the economy will collapse. He is the plaintiff right?

Now, the burden is on you guys to prove with statistics that you actually contribute the majority to the wealth of lagos by telling us how much your shops generates and contributes. So far, you are all relying on the figment of your imagination and the usual chestbeating without facts.

Now as the defendant, I already wrote some verifiable facts on how Lagos generate its revenue and that shows clearly that your claims are LIES. Hence, either you apologize for wasting people's time on this thread or keep shut from further rabble-rouser like you said up there.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (38) (Reply)

Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT / Nigeria Delegation At UN Gen Assembly In New York (Photos) / Pigeons Refused To Fly In Imo At Armed Forces Remembrance (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.