Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her (80222 Views)

Lagos Barber Stabs Neighbour To Death For Admiring His Pregnant Wife / Photo Of The 17-Year-Old Girl Who Stabbed Her Neighbour To Death In Kano / Temitayo Ogunbus Stabs Neighbour To Death Over Electricity Bill (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by MiddleDimension: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2020
atmstyle:

She might have done it in self defence. May be the 'play' was getting to look like sexual assault.

The man should have restricted such play to wife,fiancee, main lover.

One guy just got sacked for same reason.

and you think that's a good reason to sack anyone?
if women are that body conscious, then they are not fit to be in a public place. therefore, it is their job to stay put of the public because men are not going to be facing this and be shamed for it.

let us remember that this same act women do it all the time and no obe bats an eyelid!

why must a tpuch in the wrist be given a sexual conotation? how does that mean sex in any way at all?
you people should stop defending nonsense that is now the stupid practice in a company setting!
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by kay29000(m): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2020
What a way to die.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Babara1994(m): 10:46am On Jan 18, 2020
LadySarah:
Not making excuses for her though but he kept touching her after severally warning him. She didn't know it will end up killing her.

One just lost his job cos of touching too.

Get the message, when a woman says no tke it as no. Going further could result to something regrettable.

Hello beibei. How are you?
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by kashoggi: 10:47am On Jan 18, 2020
BluntBoy:

You people should stop abusing the word self-defense.

The summary of the police report stated she stabbed the man because he would not stop touching her waist. There was nowhere it implied that she felt that her life was at anytime in danger. She stabbed him out of anger, not in self-defense.

This does not even remotely sound like a legal homicide. Although it is more of voluntary manslaughter than murder.

There may be an underlining trauma she previously suffered which could have started from being touched like that. We can't know what went through her head at that time. It's unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by kay29000(m): 10:47am On Jan 18, 2020
0monnak0da:
j
Not necessarily. She is innocent till proven guilty.
A guy molested her and she defended herself simples.
Reasonable force?

Let the court decide

There are two sides to many stories

Her life wasn't at risk...self defense can't fly here. She has murderous tendencies in her...if not, she could have slapped him or even punched him. But picking up a broken bottle and going straight for the neck? That was too far.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2020
Xavfra:

Murder
Don't behave lyk u didn't c d headline
The iddiot died for nothing
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by YorubaAmaka(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2020
hmmm

pussywar twin sister lipsrsealed

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2020
kay29000:

Her life wasn't at risk...self defense can't fly here. She has murderous tendencies in her...if not, she could have slapped him or even punched him. But picking up a broken bottle and going straight for the neck? That was too far.
She was a rape victim.... And hence has every right to ensure her boundaries are respected. I don't know if your mom raised you well...but I am sure wellbred men would not go around touching women's waist recklessly

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by atmstyle: 10:51am On Jan 18, 2020
BluntBoy:

You people should stop abusing the word self-defense.

The summary of the police report stated she stabbed the man because he would not stop touching her waist. There was nowhere it implied that she felt that her life was at anytime in danger. She stabbed him out of anger, not in self-defense.

This does not even remotely sound like a legal homicide. Although it is more of voluntary manslaughter than murder.

I am happy you agree that the charge should be more like voluntary manslaughter.

Did the man pay her bride price that he'll be manhandling her waist like that? The refusal of the man to stop handling her waist clearly violated her sense of purity, dignity, and decency, and led her to react in a flash of righteous indignation, otherwise called anger, aka '5 minutes of madness'.

Unfortunately, a weaponized object was close at hand. Otherwise, the woman should have reported him to relevant law enforcement/ human rights entities for legal disciplinary action.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by kay29000(m): 10:51am On Jan 18, 2020
shockingist:
The guy should have sensed anger and left her alone.

It's a pity it got to this stage.

I'm sure those feminist will defend this Lady to the last kobo.

About sensing anger, some people react to anger in strange ways. I know a girl that smiles when she is very angry. You will think she is not that angry. Till she smashes plates or starts scattering everywhere. So, it might have been the case with this lady. The guy should still have never touched her against her will though.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by atmstyle: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
kashoggi:

There may be an underlining trauma she previously suffered which could have started from being touched like that. We can't know what went through her head at that time. It's unfortunate
The lady should be discharged and acquitted. This is a clear case of self defence against sexual aggression.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
atmstyle:

I am happy you agree that the charge should be more like voluntary manslaughter.

Did the man pay her bride price that he'll be manhandling her waist like that? The refusal of the man to stop handling her waist clearly violated her sense of purity, dignity, and decency, and led her to react in a flash of righteous indignation, otherwise called anger, aka '5 minutes of madness'.

Unfortunately, a weaponized object was close at hand. Otherwise, the woman should have reported him to relevant law enforcement/ human rights entities for legal disciplinary action.

Temporary insanity. Allowed in law. Not that she went out to look for a bottle.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by kay29000(m): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

She was a rape victim.... And hence has every right to ensure her boundaries are respected. I don't know if your mom raised you well...but I am sure wellbred men would not go around touching women's waist recklessly

Why bring my mom into this? You could have made your point logically without that.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by atmstyle: 10:55am On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Temporary insanity. Allowed in law. Not that she went out to look for a bottle.

Exactly! The man should have controlled himself better. A pity that his last act on earth was the crime of sexual harrassment.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Sarang(f): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2020
In his next life he will learn to respect himself
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 18, 2020
kay29000:

Why bring my mom into this? You could have made your point logically without that.
Apologies.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Sarang(f): 10:59am On Jan 18, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I really don't know why it is believed that a woman's body is more private precious than that of a man. Body na body Naw

Women touch men anyhow but when a man do the same, he is trespassing..

NOBODY should be touching ANYBODY without their consent. Be it MAN or WOMAN!

Hands to your damn self!

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by McRhymesman: 11:01am On Jan 18, 2020
if she's a young girl then he would have rape her. #stopsexualharrassment
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by BluntBoy(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2020
atmstyle:

Did the man pay her bride price that he'll be manhandling her waist like that? The refusal of the man to stop handling her waist clearly violated her sense of purity, dignity, and decency, and led her to react in a flash of righteous indignation , otherwise called anger, aka '5 minutes of madness'.

Might not be the case.

What if he had always had his way with her in the past? Maybe she was angry about something and transferred aggression. It could be that the man was trying to playfully calm her down or make her smile and she got angry and stabbed him inflicting a wound that proved fatal.

There is not enough background story. We don't know if it was his first time or that he had done it in the past. We don't know if her reactions to his actions had always been hostile or friendly.

Even husband and wife fight in a manner where husband might repeatedly touch wife to indirectly ask for forgiveness and wife will keep saying, "Don't touch me!" Supposing wife gets too angry and stabs husband, she might make her case thus, "he was trying to get violent with me..."

The police report did not also state the extent of the relationship that the woman had with the victim prior to the incident. Was it cordial or has it always been cold and hostile?
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by 7pages(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Joblessness do caused this sometimes, a guy engaged with many things won't have time to flirt not even with a neighbor

Nairaland your small boy need a job, I'm highly depressed and have no hope from anywhere. Please help me I beg you
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by ogbupeter7(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Questionnaire
Dear Respondent,

I am Esah Peter Ogbu (F/HD/17/3610094), a student of Mass Communication Department, Yaba College of Technology conducting a research on Citizen Journalism and Fake News in Nigeria: a study of Legit.ng and Nairaland websites.

This is in partial fulfilment of the requirement of the award of Higher National Diploma (HND).

You have been chosen as one of the respondents of the study. Your response would be treated with utmost confidentiality.

Kindly assist in filling the Questionnaire.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11mpT7b2PPAZxu-kPSgmkRjWT_Y5VvSzgKkNRhPp3pQ4/edit#response=ACYDBNieJrPGXKSAdlO91uaNs-926ZUP6VlgeKsab75BPxOCeBWO1qwIWRhFE18N473nM8c
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by lifestyle1(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2020
At least no one will touch her waist in jail.. angry
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by michlins(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2020
Odunolumide:

I do not support sexual molestation but you know if you kill someone for sexually molesting you ,that's spells doom for you. There are several ways to do things without killing people.

Even if you win in court the emotional trauma of killing someone doesn't go away.
You lose twice I think
sexual molestation is evil
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by BluntBoy(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2020
kashoggi:

That is a possibility.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Odunolumide(m): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2020
michlins:
sexual molestation is evil

It is.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by chipet67(m): 11:20am On Jan 18, 2020
I guess she attended the program, TOUCH ME BY MISTAKE AND DIE BY CORRECTION.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by Christmasdon(m): 11:20am On Jan 18, 2020
This is why prostitutes will first go to heaven. because prostitutes are not hypocrites. just see how she brings condemnation to herself. anguish, in pain, regret. prostitutes or free woman would have allow the man man to touch. Any girl who hardly laughs,play hardly silly jokes do not marry her. please run away from her. I don talk my own hope u guys would listen.
Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by 2LESS(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2020
Yewandequeen:

Maybe she is a victim of rape, and still traumatizing.

Valid point.

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her by BRATISLAVA: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2020
LadySarah:
Not making excuses for her though but he kept touching her after severally warning him. She didn't know it will end up killing her.

One just lost his job cos of touching too.

Get the message, when a woman says no tke it as no. Going further could result to something regrettable.

Lol. Are you sure it was just touching? Because we need to hear the two sides of that story.
This is a lesson to all: keep your hands to yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigerian Sex Workers Set To Be Deported From Ghana After Arrest. / Yahoo Boy Impersonates Godwin Emefiele, CBN Governor (Photos) / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.