Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony (65253 Views)

Rema Performs At His 02 Arena "Ravage Uprising" Concert (Video) / "ODG Crooner" Eltee Skhillz Performs At Felabration 2022 / Davido Performs At Eniola Badmus' 20 Years On Stage Party, Bows To Greet Kwam 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by CotenantNIG: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2020
daniwise:

Yes. Plz I need an apartment 2share with a serious minded lady. no f f attached

Click the link
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by richPHAROAH: 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
see that fatima. my spec
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by machiavelli95: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
StagethemTVee:
why didnt he take cd to play there? Its Nigerian they will be giving garbage.
Burma Boy rarely plays from CDs. Besides Nigerians don't even appreciate a good performance. How many can pay $50 for a ticket?
They just want to see their stars and jam head

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by TheMostComplex1: 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
Burna boy to the world. Go get the award Burna
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
CotenantNIG:
African giant

Do you need someone to rent an apartment with so as to share rent and bills to get an accommodation
Join cotenant community
https://cotenant.ng/post-a-request/

Do you have any mini flat to accept six months rent
Or any studio aapartment in Lagos or shared room in a furnished apartment ... my stay will be short hence While I’m seeking this.
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Sundaycomputer: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
Nice one my friend
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by machiavelli95: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
Musicians who don't rap ain't creative, and Americans love hiphop rap so Grammy's only meant for my niggas: Kendrick Lamar, Tyga, Drake, J.Cole, Nas, jay z, wiz khalifa, Game, Wale etc, if you know them you know them

False. Rap music as a genre is a relatively new comer in the Grammy's. Rap became recognized by the Grammy's in the late 80s (Grammy has been around since late 50s) and is not still at the summit of the awards yet. The main genres is the Grammy's are Pop, Jazz, RnB, Country, Rock and Contemporary Music.
Rap is not even a major Genre of music in the US. Its mostly popular amongst blacks and economically disadvantaged communities. That's why Rock stars and Pop stars with even average popularity earn more from purely music sources than your global rap stars.
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by seangy4konji: 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
TruthSpeaker:
IS IT THAT I’M NOT NIGERIAN ENOUGH? I DON’T KNOW ANY OF THIS DUDE’S SONG AND HENCE DO NOT IDENTIFY WITH HIM. I STILL CONSIDER DAVIDO TO BE NIGERIA’S #1.
then face front na...is it a must to identify with him

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by machiavelli95: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
profilemessages:
someone's soul

Please explain
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
Angelique Kidjo: Lionel Messi

Burna Boy: VVD. grin
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by seangy4konji: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
machiavelli95:

False. Rap music as a genre is a relatively new comer in the Grammy's. Rap became recognized by the Grammy's in the late 80s (Grammy has been around since late 50s) and is not still at the summit of the awards yet. The main genres is the Grammy's are Pop, Jazz, RnB, Country, Rock and Contemporary Music.
Rap is not even a major Genre of music in the US. Its mostly popular amongst blacks and economically disadvantaged communities. That's why Rock stars and Pop stars with even average popularity earn more from purely music sources than your global rap stars.
economically disadvantage d communities..omo you bad ooo

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by omotowo2: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
sunshineV:
What station is showing please

MITV

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
machiavelli95:

Economically disadvantagd communities grin
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by machiavelli95: 8:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
seangy4konji:
economically disadvantage d communities..omo you bad ooo

Its the fact na. Do you think lyrics about drugs, misogyny and killings will appeal to rich folks? Except spoilt brats maybe
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
Lynx001:
sing what they can hear o. U go use 2 min hummmmmm. Usd 1:30 second sing.
nice öne though.

Fela sef go use 30 mins do instrumentals.
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by johnmattew: 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
StagethemTVee:
why didnt he take cd to play there? Its Nigerian they will be giving garbage.
I Taya o.....and he thinks he can get past super creative and performer, Angelique kidjo?
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by daniwise(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin grin

I must Bleep this dude

Mark my words

Olosho go and work
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by johnmattew: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2020
chocboi78:
haba bros,didn't expect dis form u...that she won 5 gramies doesn't mean she will continue winning the category for ever na, aren't records meant to b broken?? No b Cori beat Naomi Osaka yesterday for our eyes??......AK is definitely a strong contender for d award but burna also pulled greater weight in Africa and world music lst year hence Stands a great chance to win d award also....
AK is a rapper...the category is for people with unique genre....that's why Femi and seun kuti were nominated about 5 times..they all lost mostly to Angelique kidjo.

do u think burna can match the vocal prowess,lyrics and performance of Angelique kidjo?.....kidjo got PhD in music.most of her collabos are with whites and her listeners are mostly white people..she is unarguably the most popular African musician in the world ( especially outside Africa)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by sunshineV(f): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
omotowo2:

MITV

Gbayi
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Heftysegun(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin grin

I must Bleep this dude

Mark my words

So you can swallow his glory, holy ghost fire ���
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by micxwell(m): 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
eni4real:
Angelique Kidjo: Lionel Messi

Burna Boy: VVD. grin
What will I do with you grin... Lol
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Josh44s(m): 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2020
Lynx001:
nice öne though.

Why are you this wicked and heartless

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
micxwell:
What will I do with you grin... Lol
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by garfield1: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2020
johnmattew:
AK is a rapper...the category is for people with unique genre....that's why Femi and seun kuti were nominated about 5 times..they all lost mostly to Angelique kidjo.

do u think burna can match the vocal prowess,lyrics and performance of Angelique kidjo?.....kidjo got PhD in music.most of her collabos are with whites and her listeners are mostly white people..she is unarguably the most popular African musician in the world ( especially outside Africa)
With burna being in america on the eve of the grammy,its obvious that he's winning it

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by philip0906(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2020
garfield1:

With burna being in america on the eve of the grammy,its obvious that he's winning it
I sincerely hope he wins it. It will put him a level ahead of Wizkid & Davido...Their fans can now kill themselves over who's a better artist grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by SommyGudman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
Keep making Nigeria proud

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by McEnzii: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Lynx001:
nice öne though.
My friend shatap dia
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Witchersunited: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
daniwise:

Yes. Plz I need an apartment 2share with a serious minded lady. no f f attached
looking for free sex, girl usually don't sleep with their flatmates.
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by eyinjuege: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ise yen killin dem sha
Gbese gbese, gbe body e
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by johnmattew: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
garfield1:

lol...and where do u think kidjo is at the moment??

Justin Bieber has always been at the Grammy,yet he hasn't won any major awards except backstage ones
Re: Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony by Carlyboi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2020
b3llo:
Naija most complete artist.
For where e no complete reach wizkid abegi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Collection Of 2face's Music ( Both Old And New ) / Princess Vitarah: "Masturbate" (Video) / Best Nigerian Musicians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.