Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,761 members, 7,840,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband (6096 Views)

Men Can You Marry A Lady With Too Many Tattoos: see picture / 'My Future Husband Must Bath In The River For 3 Days'; Nigerian Lady Says.Photos / “ Limit The Dick Intakes. Pity Your Future Husband. " - Nigerian Lady Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Magnoliaa:

The part at red. I've had a strong feeling about that being so. Judging from some of her threads and comments. I think she'll come around to accepting that, soon.
hmmn....finding masculinity attractive makes me bad or a hypocrite?
I can't have a spec of my own(which I am not imposing on others) without being bullied by theakuko?

My personal life doesn't interfere with my feminism,all I am interested in is equality for both men and women
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Michellekabod2:
hmmn....finding masculinity attractive makes me bad or a hypocrite?
I can't have a spec of my own(which I am not imposing on others) without being bullied by theakuko?

My personal life doesn't interfere with my feminism,all I am interested in is equality for both men and women

What is masculinity? Where does the "prototype" come from? What makes you a feminist? And your idea of equality "rest" on what? Your choices doesn't make you bad, no. You're not being bullied.

In this thread, you said you find a man picking a broom less masculine. In other words, chores emasculate a man to you. He's less than a man, less than the standard imposed by the society. You're, maybe subconsciously, 'okaying' the gender roles. There's nothing wrong with a domesticated man. You may not find him attractive, but that doesn't mean he isn't a man. We are here trying to get more men to be at the forefront of affairs in the homeplace. It won't remove from their 'manliness' to care for their kids and do things in their own homes.

Lol. Personal life doesn't interfere with your feminism? Are you "hanging" your coat now? grin You're a feminist outside, but inside your patriarchal man rules. I don't get it. Why can and should your personal life not interfere with your advocacy? Are you saying it's okay to be two-faced, hypocritical... if your life is free. What does your clamor means to you.

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2020
lavylilly:
Only if all men can be like my future husband, there won't be need for a house help.

See future boo,
On Saturdays I know as a business man you can take the day off for family business's sake.
First I prepare breakfast we all eat and get ready for the day's hassle.

I will be in the kitchen cooking lunch.
You will be mopping the floors and tidying our space while the kids will be outside the compound playing,
After that,

You go bath the kids and stay with them while i run a little laundry cos we must have a washing machine so everything will be easy going,

When we are done with house chores..
We can all sleep and rest from the day's hassle and probably perform our marital duty to each other(my favorite part�)..

Some Sundays you can hangout with your friends and do boy's things...
Some Sundays too it would be my turn to leave you with the kids and hangout with my friends and do girls things..
Other Sundays it would be family outing..

On school days
While I wake up to go prepare breakfast and what the kids will take to school,
You are up too bathing the kids and preparing them for school.
Either you or me can DRIVE the kids to school.

While we do this together, the love,the fire and bond in our Union will never quench .

Oh, of course we both would be earning in our various businesses or job and be bringing money home for our family's welfare...

Other men,
You see why you should all be like my future husband? You see??

To avoid assumed stories of the so called possessed wicked house helps

I come in peace..
Thanks�

Since you have the original, let us quickly do photocopy so all men can be like this.

2 Likes

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
Magnoliaa:

What is masculinity? Where does the "prototype" come from? What makes you a feminist? And your idea of equality "rest" on what? Your choices doesn't make you bad, no. You're not being bullied.

In this thread, you said you find a man picking a broom less masculine. In other words, chores emasculate a man to you. He's less than a man, less than the standard imposed by the society. You're, maybe subconsciously, 'okaying' the gender roles. There's nothing wrong with a domesticated man. You may not find him attractive, but that doesn't mean he isn't a man. We are here trying to get more men to be at the forefront of affairs in the homeplace. It won't remove from their 'manliness' to care for their kids and do things in their own homes.

Lol. Personal life doesn't interfere with your feminism? Are you "hanging" your coat now? grin You're a feminist outside, but inside your patriarchal man rules. I don't get it. Why can and should your personal life not interfere with your advocacy? Are you saying it's okay to be two-faced, hypocritical... if your life is free. What does your clamor means to you.

Remember the opposition I faced when I created my thread of "my idea of feminism" by feminists?Remember how I was accused by feminists of trying to control women's choices?now the same is done to me.

Is it hard to understand that a person having his/her own individual view of what he/she finds attractive in a man/women makes the person a hypocrite? I can't and will never see things like everyone. I never said a man who sweeps is emasculated,I said "TO ME,those men are",my views are not factual but merely subjective,I have never told ladies or guys on what to do.
Preaching that men who hold brooms are emasculated is wrong-I will never endorse that,but me deciding that I will not marry a man that does so is not wrong.

You are clearly ignorant of what hypocrisy is. A hypocrite is someone that comes online to rant "domestic chores are for everyone,not just males and females" and then go offline to insist a man or woman must do domestic chores.

I dont project the idea that men or women should behave in a particular way,I just decide for myself what I want- without harming others.

The fact I have acknowledged that a typical man and woman have differences beyond a penis and vagina doesn't mean I accept social construct. Biologically hormones affect the way men and women think,for example oxytocin is usually released in a lady during sex but not so for a man. It can be proven and isn't just a social construct.

Understanding the typically man and woman psychology doesn't make me accept gender constructs. Gender constructs are created by society to control men and women. While I personally studying men and women based on my PERSONAL experience with them in order to understand them but doesn't make me accept social constructs. This is from me,not from the society. No society is influencing me here
Men and women are Equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities,but I personally love
the guy I end up with to have some particular traits.
Feminism doesn't decide for people what to choose and how to see men and women.
Feminism says treat men and women equally,give them equal chances but it doesn't say "see them" as the same. Feminism was not created to convince or make people see men and women as neutral. It was created to give women chances like men. Masculinity/femininity is not limited to traditional roles .

Whatever you think of me doesn't concern me.
Don't be concerned of my subconscious mind as regards to men or women

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by theakuko: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Magnoliaa:

The part at red. I've had a strong feeling about that being so. Judging from some of her threads and comments. I think she'll come around to accepting that, soon.

I totally agree with you.

If she wasn't a feminist (as she claims to be) I would have overlooked that comment she made on the presumption that she is probably a traditionalist. But what irks me is that this same "feminist" who is supposed to be fighting against gender-based stereotypes for women is now the same person expressing that same gender-based stereotypes as it concerns men. So what then makes her a feminist?

She sees a man as a pu**y for deciding to keep his home clean with a broom. I mean I seriously don't get it. How does a man taking up a broom to sweep his house and keep his surroundings clean suddenly translate to him being a pu**y? I mean how? Or is she trying to say that sweeping is meant for only those who actually have pu**ies as in women?

The Lord is her strength shaa. I pray she realises the error of her ways in time.

CHEERS
smiley

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by XhosaNostra(f): 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
LOL! This is funny. Why would you want your man to mop the floor?
Maybe I'm too "house proud" because I prefer doing the house chores myself, to get it to a certain standard of cleanliness. I can't have someone else doing a shoddy job of it.

Anyway, to each their own. I personally don't want a man to do chores around the house, that's my faculty. I'm capable of doing that, single-handedly. His job is to go out & make money.

3 Likes

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Okoroawusa: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
Please who get clay make e give this girl to go mould her own husband?
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Okoroawusa: 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
XhosaNostra:
LOL! This is funny. Why would you want your man to mop the floor?
Maybe I'm too "house proud" because I prefer doing the house chores myself, to get it to a certain standard of cleanliness. I can't have someone else doing a shoddy job of it.

Anyway, to each their own. I personally don't want a man to do chores around the house, that's my faculty. I'm capable of doing that, single-handedly. His job is to go out & make money.
Come n collect one kiss...chai this South Africa girl Igbugom o!

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
theakuko:

I totally agree with you.

If she wasn't a feminist (as she claims to be) I would have overlooked that comment she made on the presumption that she is probably a traditionalist. But what irks me is that this same "feminist" who is supposed to be fighting against gender-based stereotypes for women is now the same person expressing that same gender-based stereotypes as it concerns men. So what then makes her a feminist?

She sees a man as a pu**y for deciding to keep his home clean with a broom. I mean I seriously don't get it. How does a man taking up a broom to sweep his house and keep his surroundings clean suddenly translate to him being a pu**y? I mean how? Or is she trying to say that sweeping is meant for only those who actually have pu**ies as in women?

The Lord is her strength shaa. I pray she realises the error of her ways in time.

CHEERS
smiley

So you were not bold enough to quote me?
You are indeed ignorant of what feminism is all about . we have ladies leaving feminism because it interferes with their personal beliefs and stops them from being who they love and want to be(which it isn't always a stereotype).
The aim of feminism is to attain equality and not influence personal decisions and life choices. It is to open doors for women to be able attain things men can attain,it is not to advocate for gender neutrality .
Feminism says men and women are equal,it doesn't say men and women are the same. It seems you are not acknowledging variety in ideologies. People would always think and reason in particular ways and set expectations on specific genders in different areas,we are not advocating you drop your individual expectations to be neutral but we are advocating that whether you have personal beliefs or not ,acknowledge men and women are equal and neither is superior.

Leave people mindsets or personal beliefs and focus on attaining equality despite those beliefs.

I have never called a man misogynist or bullied him for a choice in spouse(virgin,fair ,good cook),those are his choices. "I want a good cook and housewife" is a man stating his spec,which I respect,but saying "a lady is supposed to be a housewife and good cook" is a stereotype ,I will condemn the second statement and not the first one.

You are forcing me to attain the title traditionalist. You can't accept that my choice has nothing to do with tradition but just my spec...I have never liked a man in my life to do things like sweeping ,or mopping,it isn't attractive to me,i myself will not like to sweep and mop,I prefer it left for the maids,how am I upholding a stereotype?
I didnt say broom or mop belongs to anybody,I only said I dont find it attractive in a man but in a housekeeper.

How I see things shouldn't concern you,it is what I do that should.

Provide proof of where I have attacked a man for his choice else you are accusing me falsely.
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by snitchbitch: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sweet Dreams!!!

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by blakhenry: 6:41am On Mar 09, 2020
Petyprincess:
I doubt men like this exist in Nigeria.
Madam, not only in Nigeria, they don't exist anywhere outside imagination
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 7:33am On Mar 09, 2020
All i see here are " selfish interest"

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by lavylilly: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
how?
EMEKUSBOY9:
All i see here are " selfish interest"
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by LINTUNE(m): 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
lavylilly:
Only if all men can be like my future husband, there won't be need for a house help.

See future boo,
On Saturdays I know as a business man you can take the day off for family business's sake.

You will be mopping the floors and tidying our space while the kids will be outside the compound playing,
After that,

You go bath the kids and stay with them while i run a little laundry cos we must have a washing machine so everything will be easy going,

We can all sleep and rest from the day's hassle and probably perform our marital duty to each other(my favorite part�)..

Some Sundays too it would be my turn to leave you with the kids and hangout with my friends and do girls things..

On school days

While we do this together, the love,the fire and bond in our Union will never quench .

Oh, of course we both would be earning in our various businesses or job and be bringing money home for our family's welfare...

Other men,

I come in peace..
Thanks�
lol..funny gal, u will have to marry joseph in the bible

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by tunize(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
This na normal thing na. Nothing there cos a man on a norm should help the wife.
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by 2buffagain(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2020
What you both need is a live-out maid....not a "house girl".

Because you both will not have time to be doing all that every day.

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Remember the opposition I faced when I created my thread of "my idea of feminism" by feminists?Remember how I was accused by feminists of trying to control women's choices?now the same is done to me.

How? I don't remember much of what happened on that thread. Who's doing anything to you?

Is it hard to understand that a person having his/her own individual view of what he/she finds attractive in a man/women makes the person a hypocrite? I can't and will never see things like everyone. I never said a man who sweeps is emasculated,I said "TO ME,those men are",my views are not factual but merely subjective,I have never told ladies or guys on what to do.

Nope. Nothing is hard to understand. No one is calling out your personal preferences here, but the impact your personal preferences is having on the movement you choose to support. Imagine a commissioner for women affairs saying she finds domestic work cute for women. Her personal choice? Yes.
But linking that with the post she holds? Is that what she's supposed to be endorsing?

You're saying the same thing. Whether it's to you. You still find men who sweep less masculine. So, a man should not sweep for him to be more attractive to you. As a man. Your views not being factual is not a defense.

Preaching that men who hold brooms are emasculated is wrong-I will never endorse that,but me deciding that I will not marry a man that does so is not wrong.

Why won't you? Because it makes him less masculine. When some men already believe that cooking, washing and sweeping is below them. Not a man thing. It is not a man thing to you too. It's your reason here,
you get? The reason for your choices and what informs them.

You are clearly ignorant of what hypocrisy is. A hypocrite is someone that comes online to rant "domestic chores are for everyone,not just males and females" and then go offline to insist a man or woman must do domestic chores.

I dont project the idea that men or women should behave in a particular way,I just decide for myself what I want- without harming others.

Okay. I hear you.

The fact I have acknowledged that a typical man and woman have differences beyond a penis and vagina doesn't mean I accept social construct.

Why did you say a man that sweeps is less masculine to you then?

Biologically hormones affect the way men and women think,for example oxytocin is usually released in a lady during sex but not so for a man. It can be proven and isn't just a social construct.

Understanding the typically man and woman psychology doesn't make me accept gender constructs. Gender constructs are created by society to control men and women. While I personally studying men and women based on my PERSONAL experience with them in order to understand them but doesn't make me accept social constructs. This is from me,not from the society. No society is influencing me here
Men and women are Equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities,but I personally love
the guy I end up with to have some particular traits.
Feminism doesn't decide for people what to choose and how to see men and women.
Feminism says treat men and women equally,give them equal chances but it doesn't say "see them" as the same. Feminism was not created to convince or make people see men and women as neutral. It was created to give women chances like men. Masculinity/femininity is not limited to traditional roles .

I understand. But besides the point. If the traits you want are reinforcing the harmful male behaviours... I'm a feminist but I want my man to be able to shut me up. With force or any means available, because it's in a man to be respected and domineering. My man must be able to control me...... It's just what I want.

Whatever you think of me doesn't concern me.
Don't be concerned of my subconscious mind as regards to men or women

Alright
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by unmask: 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
lavylilly:

See future boo,

After that,

On school days

Other men,

I come in peace..
Thanks�
instead of you to be thinking of how people will be like your future self- independent, smart, rich- you are holding brief for husband.. .smh

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2020
Magnoliaa:

How? I don't remember much of what happened on that thread. Who's doing anything to you?

Nope. Nothing is hard to understand. No one is calling out your personal preferences here, but the impact your personal preferences is having on the movement you choose to support. Imagine a commissioner for women affairs saying she finds domestic work cute for women. Her personal choice? Yes.
But linking that with the post she holds? Is that what she's supposed to be endorsing?

You're saying the same thing. Whether it's to you. You still find men who sweep less masculine. So, a man should not sweep for him to be more attractive to you. As a man. Your views not being factual is not a defense.

Why won't you? Because it makes him less masculine. When some men already believe that cooking, washing and sweeping is below them. Not a man thing. It is not a man thing to you too. It's your reason here,
you get? The reason for your choices and what informs them.

Okay. I hear you.

Why did you say a man that sweeps is less masculine to you then?

I understand. But besides the point. If the traits you want are reinforcing the harmful male behaviours... I'm a feminist but I want my man to be able to shut me up. With force or any means available, because it's in a man to be respected and domineering. My man must be able to control me...... It's just what I want.

Alright
Your aim is to paint me as endorsing gender constructs and patriachy . It seems to you that feminists must embrace gender neutrality. You are derailing the aim of feminism which is to attain equal rights to influence humans mindset. Alot of people believe men and women act differently and have beliefs that both genders function differently yet equally,your aim should not be to invest time trying to change their varying views.
You should draw a margin between people seeing genders differently and people trying to limit and hinder a particular gender from living his/her life.

If you want to drop off your one year old baby in a daycare and you see all the staffs,baby sitters and minders that will feed and change the baby diaper as males,will you automatically become a partriachy propagator because you feel uncomfortable with the arrangement? Does that automatically mean that i am saying all minders and baby sitters must be females and such positions should be reserved for only them? No! I am just saying i personally will not love a man changing my kids diapers. Every woman should be what she wants to be(an astronaut,president,waittress,stripper,chancellor or uber driver) ,every man should be what he wants to be,but i personally view some men with some traits with high regards.

Patriachy is placing a man above a woman,and limiting the opportunities given to women(for example saying women should not do so and so stuff).
Patriachy is not saying " i love women that behave in such a way and will like them as spouses. Or i find certain traits in women as attractive and will view women that behave in that manner with high regards".

I dont like men that hold brooms is not synonymous with i fancy ladies that hold brooms. The two are not mutually exclusive. I said i dont like men that hold brooms because it is the duty of a househelp( i specifically said it is the house keeper duty),i didnt say it is the duty of a woman. Saying i hate to eat beans doesnt automatically mean i love to eat rice.
My spec on men that do domestic chores is similar to me liking a tall ,dark and handsome man,does that automatically translate to me looking down on fair,short and non attractive men?no!

You had to use the example you gave to subtly accuse me of bestowing gender roles on women
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2020
Okay, Mich. ...your truth.

And quit feeling attacked. I'm accusing you, I'm painting you, feminists bully you, guys do this.

Don't take things too personal. We're just discussing. Even though it's a disagreement, yes.

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by lavylilly: 9:35am On Mar 11, 2020
Magnoliaa:
Okay, Mich. ...your truth.

And quit feeling attacked. I'm accusing you, I'm painting you, feminists bully you, guys do this.

[b]Don't take things too personal. [/b]We're just discussing. Even though it's a disagreement, yes.
cheesy
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Skylee(m): 10:14am On Mar 11, 2020
lavylilly:

See future boo,

After that,

On school days

Other men,

I come in peace..
Thanks�
Actually, men like this still exist. I do some of these too but we men don't have the strength to do it continuously.
So please, wives should try and understand this.
Thank you.
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by christlike31(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2020
Is it only "house help" that is your problem?

Oh I get it.

It's house help. Don't worry I have a junior sister ,�

Modify:Apart from not having a house help, see,I rather do the cooking on Saturdays, while you do the cleaning.

And the "your girls thing", you guys must do it in my house.

Smiles*

1 Like

Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Magnoliaa(f): 6:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
lavylilly:
cheesy

Lillyval ...? That's you?
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by NgHotGirls: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2020
grin
Oreofepeters:
Kuku say you're looking for a house boy na
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by tunize(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Petyprincess:
Some things she said are normal! Some are so not normal
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
The last kind died....2018
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by moneyissues(m): 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
This isn't any matter at all..I have been doing this right from childhood so no qualms..
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by DryMouth: 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Petyprincess:
I exist oo...
Only that I dnt like the expenses associated with owning a car in Nigeria. So i won't and can't DRIVE the kids to school.
Except if we opt for a school bus or uber driver of course.
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by davien(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nonsense.
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hahahahahahahah, funny how u only mentioned the chore part of the marriage and left out the bills splitting..
Re: Only If All Men Can Be Like My Future Husband by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
lavylilly:

See future boo,

After that,

On school days

Other men,

I come in peace..
Thanks�
Sister, Don't Worry, Jesus Is Coming Soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Wash Your Girlfriend Pants Or Pad In The Name Of Love? / Top 10 Relationship Advice To NIGERIAN GIRLS . . From 190 / Chei! This Girl Don Finish Guys Ohhh!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.