Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Scared Of Remaining Single - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Remaining Single (8850 Views)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by OlawaleBammie: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2020
Chikaaaaaa:
My uncle is single and sleeping with me pls come marry him for my body to rest

hmm, dey af com..

ur uncle no get gf?
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Tallesty1(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2020
fairfora:
I got married to my wife in her 30s. Stop giving yourself unnecessary headache. Be confident and focus on your career. It would surely happen someday . I have a female friend who is 37 years old. She is getting married in March. She did her traditional last month. Her husband-to-be is 40 years old and has never married before.
How can someone who did her traditional last month be getting married in March?

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by CsRockefeller(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Everyone talking about societal pressure. That's not always the case.

For some of us, it's the timelines and standards we set for ourselves that do us in.

You took this discuss away from the Cliché we always hear of. You are smart.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 9:52am On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
My 30th birthday is in few weeks time. Am scared because I don't have a boyfriend. It's beginning to give me sleepness night. But is marriage the ultimate? Please no body should insult me����

Next time, lead with this:
Lionqueen:
Single mum. 28 years, from imo state and reside in kaduna. I need a serious man (single dad or widower)for a lasting relationship. Send an email. Thanks.
Lionqueen:
That has always been the situation I find my self. Loving and never love in returned. But now I have found love in the arms of my daughter....

Not saying it is the cause of your single status, but it provides context for those looking to advise you.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by johnkey: 10:15am On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

Lolz. No matter how rich you become, you will need other humans to complete you. Humans are created for companionship. Money isn't everything. You will not know this until you study the secret lives of the rich.
I repeat I don't need anyone to complete me please speak for yourself we aren't all wired the same way. Only thing I need from a woman is SEX and I can get that anywhere as long as I have money in my account, shikena!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2020
Tallesty1:
How can someone who did her traditional last month be getting married in March?
is it a crime to do their white wedding in march as planned by both? How much would you contribute to the white wedding , just to assist them? Maybe they could shift it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 29, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Hmmmm This one weak me small,but its all about different destinies anyways.. Its not actually how far,but how well.. Op your partner will come,but I hope you are not the one driving him away ?.. He mustn't be super rich o,because this mindset makes some girls single till 80.. So,please don't rush,just keep praying and he will come soon..
exactly my point. No hurry in life.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 12:12pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
I repeat I don't need anyone to complete me please speak for yourself we aren't all wired the same way. Only thing I need from a woman is SEX and I can get that anywhere as long as I have money in my account, shikena!

You are still young and inexperienced. Time will tell you that there is more to a good woman than sex. But for now, enjoy your reveries

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
Loud it !!!

toplinetrtrend:

You are still young and inexperienced. Time will tell you that there is more to a good woman than sex. But for now, enjoy your reveries

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by bdchange(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

Not saying it is the cause of your single status, but it provides context for those looking to advise you.
Good you pointed out this side of her story. If you want good and truthful advise anywhere, always say the whole facts. That is how you can get the reality you are looking for. No need to advise you when you weren't truthful in the first place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

She's a single mum? I sympathize with single mums, society is not kind to them. Some of them are actually really good people, sometimes they are unlucky to be with irresponsible men.
My close pal got his girlfriend pregnant, he wasn't ready for marriage that year but he just had to marry her because he was an honorable man and she was such a good girl. If he had bailed on her, such a good girl will today be stigmatized as a single mum.
Some single mums too were actually abandoned because of their bad character or because they chose to trap a man with pregnancy. Hopefully, the OP finds a partner soon since that is what she desires.

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

Thanks. I believe the same way you went through my previous post others too went through it too. My being a single mom has nothing to do with me not having a boyfriend (you pointed that out). I only said am scared of entering 30 without a boyfriend. Not hiding my status ���.

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
ValCon888:
You call yourself 'Lionqueen' yet you're scared like a pùssy. Shame on you. You don't deserve that moniker.
do I blame you? no
Is it your fault? No
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
bdchange:

Good you pointed out this side of her story. If you want good and truthful advise anywhere, always say the whole facts. That is how you can get the reality you are looking for. No need to advise you when you weren't truthful in the first place.
. Go through my previous post.... I don't hide my status and never will I.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate. And for those that think otherwise... Go through my previous posts�. I am a single mom and I have never hid and never will I deny the fact. God bless us all and Happy birthday in advance to me���

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ValCon888: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
do I blame you? no
Is it your fault? No
I meant no offence by my comment.
You shouldn't be scared of turning 30. Your fear is liable to push you into a relationship that's not healthy for you. Men can smell a desperate woman and will look to take advantage of her.
Rather than fear, exude confidence and invest in yourself.
There's more to life than marriage and good things come to those who wait (patiently).

5 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Lionqueen: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
ValCon888:

I meant no offence by my comment.
You shouldn't be scared of turning 30. Your fear is liable to push you into a relationship that's not healthy for you. Men can smell a desperate woman and will look to take advantage of her.
Rather than fear, exude confidence and invest in yourself.
There's more to life than marriage and good things come to those who wait (patiently).
thanks... I meant no offense too
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by johnkey: 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

Lol dude I'm a die hard Scorpio, you know nothing about me. inexperienced my foot!
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
Lol dude I'm a die hard Scorpio, you know nothing about me. inexperienced my foot!

No man with experience or foresight will make your kind of myopic, childish comment.

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by johnkey: 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

No man with experience or foresight will make your kind of myopic, childish comment.
what the fvck are you talking about myopic and childish. Ever heard of choice? I can choose to be alone all my life it's my fvcking choice, you have your own choice. Doesn't make anyone of us childish or myopic. I repeat SEX is all I ever need from a woman. You can hold on to whatever you need from them. Mehn we still have so many backwards people in this continent, go abroad and see old rich men who have been single all their lives living happily than married folks. All a sugar daddy needs is a sugar girl.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
what the fvck are you talking about myopic and childish. Ever heard of choice? I can choose to be alone all my life it's my fvcking choice, you have your own choice. Doesn't make anyone of us childish or myopic. I repeat SEX is all I ever need from a woman. You can hold on to whatever you need from them.

That's because you are still young. You'll grow up one day and realise the errors of your ways. I hope it won't be too late for you, though.

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by johnkey: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

That's because you are still young. You'll grow up one day and realise the errors of your ways. I hope it won't be too late for you, though.
I'm done arguing since you don't get my point still. Bye
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by olabrinks(f): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
I agree.

When I met my husband I became a lot happier it opened doors for me, and now I see life a lot differently. Not to talk of the joy that parenthood brings. My happiness doesn’t rely solely on him, but partnership with him sure does make life easier despite our ups and downs. Everybody deserves to find someone, loneliness kills fast.
CsRockefeller:
You people saying she should be happy, live her life to the fullest bla bla bla.

What if having a man in her life would just be that one thing to trigger her joy?

I once stayed with an uncle who was so bitter and angry, always quarrelling with me on little issues. The day his GF now wife came to visit him for the first time, he was so happy, I couldn't believe it, my uncle was so happy for a long time you would have thought he hit the lottery.

They are still married for about 6 years and I can still see that happiness in him.

You think at 30 it's easy to stay alone? Be alone, especially emotionally?

My dear, I only hope you find a man who truly deserves you. God cannot be wrong, if he says it's not good for a "man" to be alone then it's not good.

3 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
Thanks. I believe the same way you went through my previous post others too went through it too. My being a single mom has nothing to do with me not having a boyfriend (you pointed that out). I only said am scared of entering 30 without a boyfriend. Not hiding my status ���.
Lol, you shouldn't get defensive. I wasn't implying that you were hiding your status.

And no, I doubt others went through your previous posts, proof of this you can see from the two gentlemen above who responded to me pointing it out.
I myself would not have gone back to your posts, I don't usually do it - I only did it here because your moniker looked familiar.

About not having a boyfriend, is it that you don't meet men who are interested in you OR you meet them but you always turn them down?
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
I'm done arguing since you don't get my point still. Bye

10 to 25 years from now, you will come to realise what I'm telling you. For now, enjoy your self deception, bro.

4 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
Gaggi:

She's a single mum? I sympathize with single mums, society is not kind to them. Some of them are actually really good people, sometimes they are unlucky to be with irresponsible men.
My close pal got his girlfriend pregnant, he wasn't ready for marriage that year but he just had to marry her because he was an honorable man and she was such a good girl. If he had bailed on her, such a good girl will today be stigmatized as a single mum.
Some single mums too were actually abandoned because of their bad character or because they chose to trap a man with pregnancy. Hopefully, the OP finds a partner soon since that is what she desires.
We will never know the true details of this particular single mum cheesy
Apparently, they're all victims...but even non-victims still deserve love I guess, ONLY if they are loveable.

And unfortunately, not everyone is loveable...no matter how much you try to love/show love to some people, they always find a way to mess it up and then turn around to blame everyone else but themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Jman06(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Everyone talking about societal pressure. That's not always the case.

For some of us, it's the timelines and standards we set for ourselves that do us in.
You're very right!

In threads like this, people are always quick to blame the society whilst in real life, I have never seen a lady being killed for not getting married.

Most people (both men and women) desire companionships and like every other life endeavors, they set goals on when to venture into romantic relationships. So, if they're not able to achieve that goal at their expected time, some tend to get desperate about it. Let's stop blaming the society please!

@op, please relax and cheer up! All you need to do is check yourself to see if the fault is from you...like character wise, sociability, hygiene, productivity etc. If there are faults on your part, fix them and wait for your man to come. I wish you luck!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
psalmsmiles:
Remember that guy who honestly loved you but you ditched him because he "wasn't" good enough for you 10 years ago?
This is karma paying back in full bi!tch

Who told you there was a guy she ditched?

How do you know that the guy was actually good for her?

What has karma got to do with this?

And is it every guy that asks a girl out that she accepts?

5 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
bdchange:

She does not understand what context means.
Already getting defensive.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Hmmmm This one weak me small,but its all about different destinies anyways.. Its not actually how far,but how well.. Op your partner will come,but I hope you are not the one driving him away ?.. He mustn't be super rich o,because this mindset makes some girls single till 80.. So,please don't rush,just keep praying and he will come soon..

Lol...a relative of mine got married in December. She was over 40. The guy was older and he had never been married before.

Forget what you see on NL. Everything is not black and white. Forget all those virgin, evening newspaper nonsense. It's kids that think that way. Even a 50 year old woman can get married to a never-been-married man.

5 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
CsRockefeller:
You people saying she should be happy, live her life to the fullest bla bla bla.

What if having a man in her life would just be that one thing to trigger her joy?

I once stayed with an uncle who was so bitter and angry, always quarrelling with me on little issues. The day his GF now wife came to visit him for the first time, he was so happy, I couldn't believe it, my uncle was so happy for a long time you would have thought he hit the lottery.

They are still married for about 6 years and I can still see that happiness in him.

You think at 30 it's easy to stay alone? Be alone, especially emotionally?

My dear, I only hope you find a man who truly deserves you. God cannot be wrong, if he says it's not good for a "man" to be alone then it's not good.

Being sad and bitter won't make the husband come faster. So she should as well live her life fully while she waits for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

So, What's Wrong In Choosing Marriage? / Over Emphasis On The Girl Child. / In Need Of Cute Baby Boy Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.