Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Scared Of Remaining Single - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Remaining Single (8847 Views)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
crackkhaus:

Next time, lead with this:

Not saying it is the cause of your single status, but it provides context for those looking to advise you.

Chief Inspector Investigator crackkhaus
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Mizwisdom(f): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
Scared for what? those in marriages, how many can boast of constant happiness? man never frustrate your life before grin to be honest, being single is more fun and you have peace unless you allow yourself entertain this kind of fear. Get busy, focus on your kid, train her, love her, provide for her needs and she will reciprocate when you get old. There's nothing to be scared of.

8 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by bukatyne(f): 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
My 30th birthday is in few weeks time. Am scared because I don't have a boyfriend. It's beginning to give me sleepness night. But is marriage the ultimate? Please no body should insult me����

You are a single mom and 30.

You are worried that you would end up single (a very valid concern because you desire companionship).

I guess it is futile to ask about your baby daddy.

To get a responsible man for companionship:

Have you forgiven yourself? Have you forgiven your baby daddy so you are not carrying the bitterness around you.

Do you see all men as evil or your ex is every man? Does all discussions revolve around your ex? Do every man have to prove himself that he is not your ex? Do you radiate availability without desperacy or your aura make men scared to approach you?

Do every man have to compete with your daughter? Do you manage to bring every discussion back to your daughter?

Are you an interesting person? Can someone converse with you? Are you open to learning and other ideas? Do you because you are a mother treat everyone like your child?

Do/Did you take care of yourself? Are you carrying yourself like a 50yr old mother or a 30yr old lady with a child? Do you take note of your appearance?

Answer these questions truthfully and make adjustments were needed.

Goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
Thank you all for your advice. I really appreciate. And for those that think otherwise... Go through my previous posts�. I am a single mom and I have never hid and never will I deny the fact. God bless us all and Happy birthday in advance to me���
What exactly do you want?
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
My 30th birthday is in few weeks time. Am scared because I don't have a boyfriend. It's beginning to give me sleepness night. But is marriage the ultimate? Please no body should insult me����
Don't be scared!!
Just wait for your time!!!
Happiness is the most important thing in Life!!!

Enjoy your single status now!!!
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

This isn't just about what the society expects; it's the way humans are built. We are built for companionship; we aren't meant to live lone lives. Check many of those who are single when they are supposed to be married; they aren't really happy. They may lie on social media that they are happy, but that's just a pretense?

No human is complete alone; you need someone to make you complete.
Someone that may stab you in your sleep abi??

Right partner is the key!!!

OP must not be desperate!!!
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
CsRockefeller:
You people saying she should be happy, live her life to the fullest bla bla bla.

What if having a man in her life would just be that one thing to trigger her joy?

I once stayed with an uncle who was so bitter and angry, always quarrelling with me on little issues. The day his GF now wife came to visit him for the first time, he was so happy, I couldn't believe it, my uncle was so happy for a long time you would have thought he hit the lottery.

They are still married for about 6 years and I can still see that happiness in him.

You think at 30 it's easy to stay alone? Be alone, especially emotionally?

My dear, I only hope you find a man who truly deserves you. God cannot be wrong, if he says it's not good for a "man" to be alone then it's not good.
OP must not he desperate!!!

Evil partner plenty for Naija... Deceitful to the core shocked
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
johnkey:
Please speak for yourself sir, the only thing that can make me incomplete is lack of money. In Nigeria With money you can never I repeat never be lonely except you choose to. Visit codedruns.com for more info lol
Stop promoting Hookers on Family section of Nairaland tongue
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
makydebbie:

shocked shocked
Nice dp.... If you are the one on your right please check your DM cool
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

Lolz. No matter how rich you become, you will need other humans to complete you. Humans are created for companionship. Money isn't everything. You will not know this until you study the secret lives of the rich.
Solitude is different from Loneliness!!!
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
ImaIma1:

Lol...a relative of mine got married in December. She was over 40. The guy was older and he had never been married before.

Forget what you see on NL. Everything is not black and white. Forget all those virgin, evening newspaper nonsense. It's kids that think that way. Even a 50 year old woman can get married to a never-been-married man.
OP is a single mum tho!! she's got a kid!!!

Marriage is an icing on the cake for her cool

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
bukatyne:

You are worried that you would end up single (a very valid concern because you desire companionship).

Have you forgiven yourself? Have you forgiven your baby daddy so you are not carrying the bitterness around you.

Do you see all men as evil or your ex is every man? Does all discussions revolve around your ex? Do every man have to prove himself that he is not your ex? Do you radiate availability without desperacy or your aura make men scared to approach you?

Do every man have to compete with your daughter? Do you manage to bring every discussion back to your daughter?

Are you an interesting person? Can someone converse with you? Are you open to learning and other ideas? Do you because you are a mother treat everyone like your child?

Do/Did you take care of yourself? Are you carrying yourself like a 50yr old mother or a 30yr old lady with a child? Do you take note of your appearance?

Goodluck.
I love Bukatyne's questioneer grin
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
Lionqueen:
I'm just trying to imagine the traffic in ur pm's right now tho.. dem no dey see late comer for marriage.. better enjoy ur self till HE comes smiley
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by bukatyne(f): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
eni4real:
I love Bukatyne's questioneer grin

Ogbeni Eniola ore mi, grin

Se aje pe?
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
Marriage is not compulsory, especially since finding a good man can be stressful. Children are the main joy a woman should look out for. At 30 you are still young, socialize more and be patient, you will meet the right man. As for very mature ladies out there, I'd advice that if your biological clock is ticking and you are in a relationship, yet you aren't convinced that your partner is the right one, if he is willing to marry you, go ahead, marry and have your kids, if he stresses you in the marriage, of cuz you'd know what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
bukatyne:

Ogbeni Eniola ore mi, grin

Se aje pe?
grin grin
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 12:57am On Jan 30, 2020
ImaIma1:

Chief Inspector Investigator crackkhaus
Yelz? lipsrsealed
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by crackkhaus: 12:59am On Jan 30, 2020
bukatyne:

Goodluck.
Lol, and some people like that don't understand why I like you cheesy
That person knows herself grin

Extraordinarily introspective questions. cool
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Godons1: 3:39am On Jan 30, 2020
Lionqueen:

Check your mail.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by CsRockefeller(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2020
olabrinks:
I agree.

When I met my husband I became a lot happier it opened doors for me, and now I see life a lot differently. Not to talk of the joy that parenthood brings. My happiness doesn’t rely solely on him, but partnership with him sure does make life easier despite our ups and downs. Everybody deserves to find someone, loneliness kills fast.

God bless you Ma'am.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol, and some people like that don't understand why I like you cheesy
That person knows herself grin

Extraordinarily introspective questions. cool

Very funny.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by We4all: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2020
CsRockefeller:
You people saying she should be happy, live her life to the fullest bla bla bla.

What if having a man in her life would just be that one thing to trigger her joy?

I once stayed with an uncle who was so bitter and angry, always quarrelling with me on little issues. The day his GF now wife came to visit him for the first time, he was so happy, I couldn't believe it, my uncle was so happy for a long time you would have thought he hit the lottery.

They are still married for about 6 years and I can still see that happiness in him.

You think at 30 it's easy to stay alone? Be alone, especially emotionally?

My dear, I only hope you find a man who truly deserves you. God cannot be wrong, if he says it's not good for a "man" to be alone then it's not good.

It's not easy to be alone, but there are people who are not afraid to stay alone, and are better off alone. It's just a generalization, and I'm not referring to the OP.
Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by We4all: 8:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
olabrinks:
I agree.

When I met my husband I became a lot happier it opened doors for me, and now I see life a lot differently. Not to talk of the joy that parenthood brings. My happiness doesn’t rely solely on him, but partnership with him sure does make life easier despite our ups and downs. Everybody deserves to find someone, loneliness kills fast.

There are people with your kind of mentality; who only need a life partner to feel happier. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but not everyone was wired that way.

Loneliness is relative. There are married people who still feel lonely, while there are single people who don't feel lonely despite their marital status. In my opinion, if you need someone to make you feel complete, then you may have a problem.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by We4all: 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
toplinetrtrend:

This isn't just about what the society expects; it's the way humans are built. We are built for companionship; we aren't meant to live lone lives. Check many of those who are single when they are supposed to be married; they aren't really happy. They may lie on social media that they are happy, but that's just a pretense?

No human is complete alone; you need someone to make you complete.

Happiness is a choice. There are more unhappy married people than singles.

2 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by toplinetrtrend: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
We4all:

Happiness is a choice. There are more unhappy married people than singles.

That's because they didn't find the right partner

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by We4all: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
DaddySoftapple:
Hmmm seriously, I've never seen an unmarried single lady in my family, even my younger sister will get married this year or next year and I'm still enjoying my singlehood. Lol

I wonder how a lady stay between 23 to 30 without finding a man to marry.

This is not about being desperate, it's about being positive in life with great character.

One thing i know is that guys appreciates a great lady with great character.

Our eyes are not blind, we know those Ladies that are good for sex only and those we pray to get married to.

The category you belong as a lady depends on how you have lived your life so far, it's nobody's fault.

Because like it or not, some guys you see as bad guys are only bad because they have not seen that lady that will make them start thinking of marriage.

I have a friend that loves womanizing, but he saw a lady and got married in less than three months.

He told me when he met her, he quickly start thinking of marriage because she was a Gem and would not want to lose her, and indeed she changed his life for good and today they are Happy with a baby boy.

It all depends on you as a woman.

I for example, there was a female In school years ago i would have gotten married to if i wasn't in school then and was financially buoyant, though i was young but for a young guy to start thinking of marriage back then shows there was something amazing about her.

And now she is married with two kids living in the UK and she is just 28.
So you see i was Right after all, another sharp shooter came and took her away from me. Lol

Chai this life nor fair at all.

So dear op, you need to think your life through, what you did wrong in the last five years and draw close to GOD.
Based on the order of the Peaky blinders.

Hmmm seriously, I've never seen an unmarried single lady in my family, even my younger sister will get married this year or next year and I'm still enjoying my singlehood. Lol

This is because the girls in your family were groomed to see marriage as an achievement. I'm certain that if you take time out to find out what is really happening in their lives, you will realise that most of them are unhappy.

I wonder how a lady stay between 23 to 30 without finding a man to marry.

The same way some people with good grades stay unemployed for years.

Our eyes are not blind, we know those Ladies that are good for sex only and those we pray to get married to.

So how come the good women are having problems with their spouses?

The category you belong as a lady depends on how you have lived your life so far, it's nobody's fault.

All the promiscuous ladies in my department at the University are married with kids. The only decent lady in my class, is still unmarried.

He told me when he met her, he quickly start thinking of marriage because she was a Gem and would not want to lose her, and indeed she changed his life for good and today they are Happy with a baby boy.

You have no idea how much ladies pretend just to hook a man. My friend, most married ladies played out a script, and their husbands fell foolishly for it. Give him a few more years, and the story will change.

What I'm trying to say in essence is that, character has nothing to do with late marriage. So please stop making the OP feel like she created a big problem for herself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by olabrinks(f): 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
We4all:

There are people with your kind of mentality; who only need a life partner to feel happier. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but not everyone was wired that way.

Loneliness is relative. There are married people who still feel lonely, while there are single people who don't feel lonely despite their marital status. In my opinion, if you need someone to make you feel complete, then you may have a problem.
the reality is that we all need human beings to feel complete. Whether it’s your friends, your cousins, your mum. We are not wired to be on our own 24/7 and be completely isolated from the world. A lot of people come online to fill in that social isolation in their lives because of this. So yes I need people to feel complete, including my husband. I refuse to accept isolation as the norm like this generation wants to push forward. I will proudly accept that, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you have the right people around you, it’s unlikely you’ll feel lonely. Unless you’re dealing with personal issues that you need to deal with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 31, 2020
ImaIma1:

Lol...a relative of mine got married in December. She was over 40. The guy was older and he had never been married before.

Forget what you see on NL. Everything is not black and white. Forget all those virgin, evening newspaper nonsense. It's kids that think that way. Even a 50 year old woman can get married to a never-been-married man.
Any Nigerian man in Nigeria that actually marries a 50 year old woman is either poor or an opportunist.
30 men don dey shout before na 50. undecided
Do you know how women degrade with age?
I've dated women in their 30s,though most of them are kind and loving but that lustre or wow factor is almost non existent.
Age does not favour women,they literally rot with age and only poor men tolerate that rubbish undecided
Spits!

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 7:06am On Jan 31, 2020
nwanneni:
Any Nigerian man in Nigeria that actually marries a 50 year old woman is either poor or an opportunist.
30 men don dey shout before na 50. undecided
Do you know how women degrade with age?
I've dated women in their 30s,though most of them are kind and loving but that lustre or wow factor is almost non existent.
Age does not favour women,they literally rot with age and only poor men tolerate that rubbish undecided
Spits!

See it doesn't matter if you don't believe it or if your mind cannot conceive it. That is your personal problem to deal with.

Your preference is yours. It doesn't mirror every man's preference.

You need to go out, get exposure, see things that are happening, read book, news, people's experiences, etc. You cannot sit down in your "yard" and think everything is black and white.

You talk about women rotting. How do they rot? Check yourself. It's most likely your rot robbing off on them.

You seem to think it's only women who age. Men grow old and a lot of them become dumber with age and begin to say things that don't make sense.

6 Likes

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 31, 2020
ImaIma1:

See it doesn't matter if you don't believe it or if your mind cannot conceive it. That is your personal problem to deal with.

Your preference is yours. It doesn't mirror every man's preference.

You need to go out, get exposure, see things that are happening, read book, news, people's experiences, etc. You cannot sit down in your "yard" and think everything is black and white.

You talk about women rotting. How do they rot? Check yourself. It's most likely your rot robbing off on them.

You seem to think it's only women who age. Men grow old and a lot of them become dumber with age and begin to say things that don't make sense.
It is not belief but fact!
A woman has to be really pretty for her to still have lustre in her 30s.
You talk about exposure?So because I and other sane men see older women for what they really are means we aren't exposed?Do you know how unpleasant looking most women in their 30s are if their clothes are taken off and also without their dulux paint(make up)?
Marriage is for complete happiness.Yes I agree older women are better to interact with and most are more sensible than their younger counterparts,but looks are also important.
If you enjoyed the woman when she was in her 20s,that's different,not marrying her when the rot-phase has initiated.
That is something only poor men or opportunists should do,not a burden hardworking men with some achieved goals should bear.
Imagine waking up to a rot-phase woman every morning by your side till you die,something you never enjoyed for a day all in the name of exposure.
That's pure cheating and foolishness.
By the way,just what my "yard" looks like this cool morning....
I'm sure you,an exposed woman is somewhere right now in bubbling lagos traffic struggling to be on time in your 200k/month job.Don't even reply me,save that energy for manoeuvring with your Kia Rio/picanto in the traffic ahead of you grin grin grin
So much for an exposed woman.
The way some of you,rot-phase women make assumptions baffle me.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by ImaIma1(f): 7:48am On Jan 31, 2020
nwanneni:
It is not belief but fact!
A woman has to be really pretty for her to still have lustre in her 30s.
You talk about exposure?So because I and other sane men see older women for what they really are means we aren't exposed?Do you know how unpleasant looking most women in their 30s are if their clothes are taken off and also without their dulux paint(make up)?
Marriage is for complete happiness.Yes I agree older women are better to interact with and most are more sensible than their younger counterparts,but looks are also important.
If you enjoyed the woman when she was in her 20s,that's different,not marrying her when the rot-phase has initiated.
That is something only poor men or opportunists should do,not a burden hardworking men with some achieved goals should bear.
Imagine waking up to a rot-phase woman every morning by your side till you die,something you never enjoyed for a day all in the name of exposure.
That's pure cheating and foolishness.
By the way,just what my "yard" looks like this cool morning....
I'm sure you,an exposed woman is somewhere right now in bubbling lagos traffic struggling to be on time in your 200k/month job.Don't even reply me,save that energy for manoeuvring with your Kia Rio/picanto in the traffic ahead of you grin grin grin
So much for an exposed woman.
The way some of you,rot-phase women make assumptions baffle me.

All you have spilled is based on your exposure and mentality. You cannot do more than your brain.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scared Of Remaining Single by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2020
ImaIma1:

All you have spilled is based on your exposure and mentality. You cannot do more than your brain.

Lol,same way you can't represent what you aren't.
I know you are speaking good for women in their rot phase,a category you clearly belong in.
No worries,it is what it is.
You and the rest of the women in their 30s lack lustre,period.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Back To School: Readjusting To ‘Normal’ Sleep Schedule / So, What's Wrong In Choosing Marriage? / In Need Of Cute Baby Boy Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.