Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Anti-atheism In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-atheism In Nigeria (8006 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

Did you read the link, or you just ignored it, like you usually do?
So Chinese constitution that is based on Communism, is religious? I really don't get your dridt

My friend, when true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) talks, just listen and learn instead of arguing for what you've not studied thoroughly!

My brothers and sisters from China will tell you the names of the deities their ancestors worship, they believe in the hereafter and that the dead have become immortals that can help,harm the living.

They also believe in Gods and that means they'll never leave out the thoughts of their dead ancestors (Gods) in whatever they're planning to do. So don't be deceived my friend, they may avoid the Western education with it's religious setting, but they surely have their own RELIGION! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

My friend, when true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) talks, just listen and learn instead of arguing for what you've not studied thoroughly!

My brothers and sisters from China will tell you the names of the deities their ancestors worship, they believe in the hereafter and that the dead have become immortals that can help,harm the living.

They also believe in Gods and that means they'll never leave out the thoughts of their dead ancestors (Gods) in whatever they're planning to do. So don't be deceived my friend, they may avoid the Western education with it's religious setting, but they surely have their own RELIGION! smiley
So from your drift, China is a religious country? grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

You no sabi panku?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
1Sharon:

You no sabi panku?
What is Panku?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

What is Panku?

The chinese god of creation. The one true god
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 4:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
1Sharon:

AMEN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
1Sharon:

grin grin grin
Unfortunately, Chinese constitution aint based on Panku
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

Simply because they're not propagating it doesn't mean they're not religious Sir!

The Romans, English and Arabs weren't interested in God. They were engaging in the psychological warfare and religion was their most effective weapon back then.

That's why they're like propagating religion, but their real motive is to dominate the world. The Chinese realized this so they build a wall against all such dominance, that's why most of you thought the Chinese aren't religious, for your information they're diehards in what they believe! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

grin grin grin
Unfortunately, Chinese constitution aint based on Panku

And who told you that you can find any country on this planet whose constitution is solely based on what their so called religious books teaches?

Come on, what i'm saying is the rules of any society has fractions of what's found in their religious traditions, that's why they're willing to embrace it.

The politicians are the main players, they know when to tie the rule to religion and when to keep religion in it's place!

USA say "in God we trust" please is it the gay rights or bestiality that's allowed in any religious book?

Arabians are advocating for Sharia, you can check the below picture and tell me if they truly have respect for their so called holy book!

These are professional prostitutes drinking whiskey (alcohol) and smoking weed in one of their so called religious states! smiley

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by jaephoenix(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Simply because they're not propagating it doesn't mean they're not religious Sir!

The Romans, English and Arabs weren't interested in God. They were engaging in the psychological warfare and religion was their most effective weapon back then.

That's why they're like propagating religion, but their real motive is to dominate the world. The Chinese realized this so they build a wall against all such dominance, that's why most of you thought the Chinese aren't religious, for your information they're diehards in what they believe! wink
You are really wonderful. You keep on saying rubbish to back up your assumptions.
For the umpteenth time, show me evidence of Chinese religiosity? Those guys have expunged all forms of religion from their constitution, governance etc. Again point me where they are religious. And stop ranting and deviating

2 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
jaephoenix:

You are really wonderful. You keep on saying rubbish to back up your assumptions.
For the umpteenth time, show me evidence of Chinese religiosity? Those guys have expunged all forms of religion from their constitution, governance etc. Again point me where they are religious. And stop ranting and deviating

You just need to show some manners when chatting with people, i'm not here to enforce any religion on you Sir, what we're saying is simple and easy to grasp.

There is no human society where they don't believe in God or Gods, and it's part of what they believe that they inculcate in the minds of their children as rules!

As for the RELIGION practiced in China, you can Google "Traditional Chinese Religion" to see if they're religious or not.

What i'm telling you is "don't think they're not religious simply because they've built a wall against the Western and Arab religion"!

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:24am On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

For your information, i'm in my fifties! smiley
Duh-oh!... Ouch. You poor thing. Bless your little heart...I shake my head sadly... Wow, man, IF what you say is true, I am amazed you were actually willing to admit it in public. Because at this point, you would have been better off with everybody thinking you are a juvenile who doesn't know any better. Although, to be completely honest, I have my doubts about your proclaimed age. Not that it really matters, though. Even with the language/translation complications put aside (guessing English is not your primary language), you have clearly demonstrated you are here, on this thread, only for the sole purpose of stirring up bullshit in a very childish manner. Lucky for you, though, that is an area in which I excel. Basically, guys like you are simply a delightful form of cheap entertainment for me lol. So, please, by all means, continue slinging your nonsense about in your wanton manner until you slip up enough to get embarrassed. I welcome the amusing distraction lol

Maximus69:
But i have been to so many countries around the world as a former military intelligence officer, and i know that without religion the earth wil be a total mess!
Then you obviously have not visited predominately atheist nations such as Finland and Japan, where the crime rate is very low.

Then you have not visited Brazil, where religion is powerful, and so is violent crime.

Then you have not compared atheist versus theistic areas with crime. FYI, heavily religious nations or regions are the worst concerning crime, rape, and ignorance.

Maximus69:

have you thought deeply why someone poor (police) will carry weapons to protect the rich while himself and his family need the money?
jaephoenix, 1Sharon, Bluezy13, LordReed etc. Show of hands, please. Who all would like for me to educate this little boy about the police? Or would it even be worth the effort lol?...

Maximus69:

My friend, the earth will become a hell if there is nothing giving them a hope or promise of a better life here or elsewhere, there will be no more patience anywhere, everyone will become desperate and nothing can stop them from going for what they want! embarassed
The country Australia is currently governed by a devout Pentecostal Christian by the name of Scott Morrison. When he was immigration minister he enacted and continues to support the most racist, inhuman and illegal treatment of genuine refugees, ignoring their legal status and treating them as criminals, when they have done nothing more than plead for asylum.
For many years his government, most of whom claim to be Christian, has supported indefinite detention in prison camps on remote islands off the northern coast without proper housing or health facilities in direct contravention of UN Refugee provisions to which this nation was a signatory.

The lack of hope, the sense of abandonment these people have suffered is evident in the prevalent numbers of suicides and deaths through lack of medical attention. Children have been born and grown up in these gulags; they display profound psychological problems.
You suggest that without Christian dominionism the earth will become a hell.
Your fellow Christians and theists have already achieved that goal, right now, right there in Australia.

And I have not yet even mentioned the draconian policies directed against the poor, the unemployed, the sick, the handicapped and against political and religious opponents that this so-called Christian government has and continues to attempt to legislate.

And I could detail the atrocities of the North Korean theocracy or the barbarous and unjust punishments metered out by those countries who support Sharia Law or basic Koranic teachings, who enforce beheadings, mutilations for transgressions against the Koran. The recent Turkish legislation forcing female victims to marry their rapists in accordance with the wisdom of Allah, is a serious retrograde slide away from the free secular society envisioned by Attaurk.

In the meantime, in neighbouring New Zealand, the current atheist non-racist, humane, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, known world-wide for her earnest sympathy and support for victims of recent white supremacist mosque murders, has offered to take all the refugees, regardless of colour or creed, currently interned illegally by the Morrison government of Australia to live as citizens in her country and yet the Morrison government continues to refuse to let them go.

Your risible comments on Christian political benevolence and the inherent evil of atheists, like most of your comments on everything else, are also uninformed, negative, egocentric, and reflect the sort of theism that was popular in the latter Dark Ages. Your sanctimonious ignorant piety is in tatters.

At most, the atheists will abolish "Special Status" for religions. I would love to see the Churches begin to pay their fair share. Treating them like every other non-prophet in the country is the right thing to do. Atheists will not abolish religion because they value freedom of speech too much. Your freedom of speech is also our freedom of speech. You have the freedom to spout your nonsense and we have the freedom to call "BULLSHIT" each and every time you try. Where you see the problem is with the fact that more and more people are starting to listen to us. Christianity does not need to be legislated into non-existence, it just needs to go away; It needs to go away like every religion before it.

Just out of curiosity, Maximus69: In your own case, if tomorrow you learn there is no god, Will you start killing, stealing and raping?

4 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:35am On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

My own religion is the most vilified on this planet, so we don't oppose freedom of worship.
As Christianity currently enjoys an unequalled social, political and financial power over any other religion in all the developed nations of the world, and given that Christian churches have a long history of supporting dictatorships to maintain the status quo in many countries, it could well be argued that the vilification comes as thoroughly justified criticism.

No Abrahamic religion unequivocally or unreserevedly supports the freedom of worship of others, and as you failed to mention, they can also be especially intolerant of the non-worshipping atheists.

Maximus69:
The ATHEISTS will soon gain control over the United Nations, they will eradicate religion from the face of the earth.
Uh... You know the UN is mostly controlled by the USA right? The same USA that had a black president, almost had a female president (won the popular vote by over 2 million votes,) but have yet to see an atheist even be considered to be accepted by eithir major party to run for president?

We are so far away from any sort of major position of power being held by someone that is openly atheist I do not expect to see an atheist president for US or any other major office of power within the next half century.

Your religion wants to vilify atheist because of the threat they pose, not to actually hold any offices of power, but that the atheist position, (not a theist,) is so dangerous because ultimately no religion has any sort of actual reasonable counter or response to that position. It strips away the "absolute" authority that religions force onto their followers for total unquestioning loyalty and compliance. Why do you think you theist fear atheist more then islamic extremism that has real world impact and those people are all too happy to kill you for what you believe?

Maximus69:

The Bible said for a short while they will experience relative peace but suddenly the people under them will begin to rebel against the authorities everywhere,
The bible may well have something like said this, do you have a reference?

In any case, it may as well have also said 'water is wet'. This is not soley a prophecy of insurrection against Christianity, its a recurring political situation that has occurred countless times throughout history beginning long before this particular piece was written. Nothing new here.

Tyranny and rebellion have long been features of human activity and in all cases the rebellion of the oppressed has been reasonably justified.

Volatile social circumstances can lead to situations where "each person will start demanding all the good things of life", Do you mean "good things" such as individual rights and freedom from persecution and discrimination, adequate income, food, housing, health services and safe working conditions perhaps? Most rebellions don't just happen in a vacuum.

Do you have a bible reference for the words 'security agents' ? You mean security agents like the Stasi of East Germany, or the CIA, or those of Mossad? Maybe the Spanish Inquisition, whom nobody expects?

Maximus69:
we're the one and only global family of peace loving worshipers today! smiley
I suggest you read some history, because millions and millions of people have been killed in wars started by religion. For example, Cromwell and the Crusades.

Your statement is in direct opposition to reality.

If one follows the claims of the New Testament there is no proof that there are any Christians in the world today at all. Where are the miraculous deeds that Yeshua promised his followers could perform with faith in his name to bring glory to his god? The healing, the resurrections, the bringing of rain etc.
The only healing I have witnessed has involved medical science.

There have been no resurrections.

The only rainmaking has been a result of seeding certain clouds with silver iodide (discovered by Bernard Vonnegut, brother to sci-fi writer Kurt).

Where is all this Christian love? I refer you to my other post about how Christian world dominance would prevent the earth becoming hell. Surely there would be oasis of peace and harmony somewhere in the world that we could aspire to, given the numbers of those who follow the Way?

I think what you mean is that you think of Christians as a family of peace loving worshippers who just want to be left alone, while invoking the right to invade everyone else's life to proselytise and preach, like you do right here on the Nairaland. Yeah?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 12, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

Duh-oh!... Ouch. You poor thing. Bless your little heart...I shake my head sadly... Wow, man, IF what you say is true, I am amazed you were actually willing to admit it in public. Because at this point, you would have been better off with everybody thinking you are a juvenile who doesn't know any better. Although, to be completely honest, I have my doubts about your proclaimed age. Not that it really matters, though. Even with the language/translation complications put aside (guessing English is not your primary language), you have clearly demonstrated you are here, on this thread, only for the sole purpose of stirring up bullshit in a very childish manner. Lucky for you, though, that is an area in which I excel. Basically, guys like you are simply a delightful form of cheap entertainment for me lol. So, please, by all means, continue slinging your nonsense about in your wanton manner until you slip up enough to get embarrassed. I welcome the amusing distraction lol

Then you obviously have not visited predominately atheist nations such as Finland and Japan, where the crime rate is very low.

Then you have not visited Brazil, where religion is powerful, and so is violent crime.

Then you have not compared atheist versus theistic areas with crime. FYI, heavily religious nations or regions are the worst concerning crime, rape, and ignorance.

jaephoenix, 1Sharon, Bluezy13, LordReed etc. Show of hands, please. Who all would like for me to educate this little boy about the police? Or would it even be worth the effort lol?...

The country Australia is currently governed by a devout Pentecostal Christian by the name of Scott Morrison. When he was immigration minister he enacted and continues to support the most racist, inhuman and illegal treatment of genuine refugees, ignoring their legal status and treating them as criminals, when they have done nothing more than plead for asylum.
For many years his government, most of whom claim to be Christian, has supported indefinite detention in prison camps on remote islands off the northern coast without proper housing or health facilities in direct contravention of UN Refugee provisions to which this nation was a signatory.

The lack of hope, the sense of abandonment these people have suffered is evident in the prevalent numbers of suicides and deaths through lack of medical attention. Children have been born and grown up in these gulags; they display profound psychological problems.
You suggest that without Christian dominionism the earth will become a hell.
Your fellow Christians and theists have already achieved that goal, right now, right there in Australia.

And I have not yet even mentioned the draconian policies directed against the poor, the unemployed, the sick, the handicapped and against political and religious opponents that this so-called Christian government has and continues to attempt to legislate.

And I could detail the atrocities of the North Korean theocracy or the barbarous and unjust punishments metered out by those countries who support Sharia Law or basic Koranic teachings, who enforce beheadings, mutilations for transgressions against the Koran. The recent Turkish legislation forcing female victims to marry their rapists in accordance with the wisdom of Allah, is a serious retrograde slide away from the free secular society envisioned by Attaurk.

In the meantime, in neighbouring New Zealand, the current atheist non-racist, humane, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, known world-wide for her earnest sympathy and support for victims of recent white supremacist mosque murders, has offered to take all the refugees, regardless of colour or creed, currently interned illegally by the Morrison government of Australia to live as citizens in her country and yet the Morrison government continues to refuse to let them go.

Your risible comments on Christian political benevolence and the inherent evil of atheists, like most of your comments on everything else, are also uninformed, negative, egocentric, and reflect the sort of theism that was popular in the latter Dark Ages. Your sanctimonious ignorant piety is in tatters.

At most, the atheists will abolish "Special Status" for religions. I would love to see the Churches begin to pay their fair share. Treating them like every other non-prophet in the country is the right thing to do. Atheists will not abolish religion because they value freedom of speech too much. Your freedom of speech is also our freedom of speech. You have the freedom to spout your nonsense and we have the freedom to call "BULLSHIT" each and every time you try. Where you see the problem is with the fact that more and more people are starting to listen to us. Christianity does not need to be legislated into non-existence, it just needs to go away; It needs to go away like every religion before it.

Just out of curiosity, Maximus69: In your own case, if tomorrow you learn there is no god, Will you start killing, stealing and raping?

You're not getting my point.

You are comparing countries that are less religious to highly religious ones.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Well perhaps i should remind you that people who well fed can only be noticed in the midst of hungry paupers, but in the midst of blind men an eyed man rules.

The countries you're referring to are watching the mistakes of others to organize themselves. And the fact remains that they are trying really hard to avoid the pitfalls of their highly religious counterparts.

What i'm saying is if the whole world should debunk the idea of God/Gods which of course is coming to happen soon, there will be no standards to compare and each person will choose what to do or undo, there is just one single group worshipping the TRUE God globally, this group will remain and they'll become the target of all others who by then would have embraced atheism.

By then you will have to know that all the people around you are comparing their man-made rules for right and wrong with RELIGION!

As for myself, i once considered atheism but i later found out that all what the atheists are banking on is COMPARING THEMSELVES WITH RELIGIONISTS, so i agreed completely with the true Christians and their book (Bible) that when that which standing as the mirror (religion) is destroyed the earth will surely become a total mess in the hands of atheists!

For the main time continue to meditate on all the things atheists are saying and if you are truly sincere, ask yourself "will atheism be able to stand the test of time the same way religion did over thousands of years?" smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 12, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

As Christianity currently enjoys an unequalled social, political and financial power over any other religion in all the developed nations of the world, and given that Christian churches have a long history of supporting dictatorships to maintain the status quo in many countries, it could well be argued that the vilification comes as thoroughly justified criticism.

No Abrahamic religion unequivocally or unreserevedly supports the freedom of worship of others, and as you failed to mention, they can also be especially intolerant of the non-worshipping atheists.

Uh... You know the UN is mostly controlled by the USA right? The same USA that had a black president, almost had a female president (won the popular vote by over 2 million votes,) but have yet to see an atheist even be considered to be accepted by eithir major party to run for president?

We are so far away from any sort of major position of power being held by someone that is openly atheist I do not expect to see an atheist president for US or any other major office of power within the next half century.

Your religion wants to vilify atheist because of the threat they pose, not to actually hold any offices of power, but that the atheist position, (not a theist,) is so dangerous because ultimately no religion has any sort of actual reasonable counter or response to that position. It strips away the "absolute" authority that religions force onto their followers for total unquestioning loyalty and compliance. Why do you think you theist fear atheist more then islamic extremism that has real world impact and those people are all too happy to kill you for what you believe?

In any case, it may as well have also said 'water is wet'. This is not soley a prophecy of insurrection against Christianity, its a recurring political situation that has occurred countless times throughout history beginning long before this particular piece was written. Nothing new here.

Tyranny and rebellion have long been features of human activity and in all cases the rebellion of the oppressed has been reasonably justified.

Volatile social circumstances can lead to situations where "each person will start demanding all the good things of life", Do you mean "good things" such as individual rights and freedom from persecution and discrimination, adequate income, food, housing, health services and safe working conditions perhaps? Most rebellions don't just happen in a vacuum.

Do you have a bible reference for the words 'security agents' ? You mean security agents like the Stasi of East Germany, or the CIA, or those of Mossad? Maybe the Spanish Inquisition, whom nobody expects?

I suggest you read some history, because millions and millions of people have been killed in wars started by religion. For example, Cromwell and the Crusades.

If one follows the claims of the New Testament there is no proof that there are any Christians in the world today at all. Where are the miraculous deeds that Yeshua promised his followers could perform with faith in his name to bring glory to his god? The healing, the resurrections, the bringing of rain etc.

The only rainmaking has been a result of seeding certain clouds with silver iodide (discovered by Bernard Vonnegut, brother to sci-fi writer Kurt).

Where is all this Christian love? I refer you to my other post about how Christian world dominance would prevent the earth becoming hell. Surely there would be oasis of peace and harmony somewhere in the world that we could aspire to, given the numbers of those who follow the Way?

I think what you mean is that you think of Christians as a family of peace loving worshippers who just want to be left alone, while invoking the right to invade everyone else's life to proselytise and preach, like you do right here on the Nairaland. Yeah?

Hmmmmmmmm, perhaps you still need to consult other atheists on Nairaland to know more about Maximus69.

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't participate in the political affairs anywhere we are, because we believe that all humans came from one family and we're here to unite the OBEDIENT ones as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally!

For your information ATHEISM is no match for Jehovah's Witnesses, because your group only depends on COMPARING THEMSELVES WITH RELIGIONISTS TO JUSTIFY YOUR STAND.

With that, Jehovah's Witnesses (the one and only true Christian group) will surely disqualify you with the way and manner we are organized, that's when we will know who becomes intolerant towards the other between your folks and my global family! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 12, 2020
ATHEISM has failed right from it's conception!

The faculty is so emphatic about logic, but failed to realize that they are the very ones defying logic!

They say there is no God simply because he has not shown his face, but the evidence of God is in every human society.
There is no human society without a ruler or rulers, the significance of having rulers is all about SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE, the one ruling in any human society stands as the first citizen meaning the most intelligent person to lead others, that's why people gather to honour (worship) their rulers even though they sometimes rebel against some rulers and brutalize them when such ones misuse the power given them, there are soldiers (guards) protecting and carrying out the orders of the human leaders, so they are feared by one and all.

But ATHEISM is now saying humans should discard the idea of God/Gods, and they're expecting people to honour one another after their Gods (rulers) have been removed from the scene! embarassed

Hmmmmmmmm, ATHEISM the worstest concept fabricated by the rebellious descendants of Adam! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

You're not getting my point.

You are comparing countries that are less religious to highly religious ones.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Well perhaps i should remind you that people who well fed can only be noticed in the midst of hungry paupers, but in the midst of blind men an eyed man rules.

The countries you're referring to are watching the mistakes of others to organize themselves. And the fact remains that they are trying really hard to avoid the pitfalls of their highly religious counterparts.

What i'm saying is if the whole world should debunk the idea of God/Gods which of course is coming to happen soon, there will be no standards to compare and each person will choose what to do or undo, there is just one single group worshipping the TRUE God globally, this group will remain and they'll become the target of all others who by then would have embraced atheism.

By then you will have to know that all the people around you are comparing their man-made rules for right and wrong with RELIGION!

As for myself, i once considered atheism but i later found out that all what the atheists are banking on is COMPARING THEMSELVES WITH RELIGIONISTS, so i agreed completely with the true Christians and their book (Bible) that when that which standing as the mirror (religion) is destroyed the earth will surely become a total mess in the hands of atheists!

For the main time continue to meditate on all the things atheists are saying and if you are truly sincere, ask yourself "will atheism be able to stand the test of time the same way religion did over thousands of years?" smiley

Your response is not surprising. It is to be expected of one who depends on religious code that is protected by assumed divine status. Anytime you are forced to think outside the box you collapse so you think this is the case for atheists. When in reality atheists have moved beyond the question of what is acceptable to god(s) and are tackling the hard challenges of living with rationality with all other species. The pathways may be too hard for you to follow because it will require you to abandon your mythologies but we understand that quite clearly.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 11:20am On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

She is gradually running Colo! cheesy

Changing people's minds belongs ONLY to religionists who wants to tell them what a superior intelligent mind/Supreme Being "GOD" said.

That's the only pedigree for confronting intelligent minds like you to change whatever they have decided to do, after all each human knows the problem he/she is facing and each person is looking for a solution to such problems.

But when you've already declared that you don't believe in any higher intelligent mind and that each person should decide what's best for them, how on earth do you now turn back to say you've gotten an idea?

Such idea is from who? cheesy

That's what the stupid atheist is trying to say!

Perhaps she wants equal rights like religionists to enter a bus or stand in the street and start telling people "THERE IS NO GOD" cheesy

@bold... U are just a funny dude. Someone does not believe ur God exists therefore she should not have an idea.

If u accept that atheism is about freedom, tell me... freedom from what?

Atheism has hatred for mind control, and u want them to sit and watch their loved ones fall victim of mind control?

When u say atheists like freedom, I ask again... Freedom from what.

Try and answer this question then we can try understanding each other.

If u think u are not the stupid one for asking "idea from who" then u already have a problem.

Perhaps I should ask u... From "Who" does ur own idea comes from, since mayb ur brain does not function.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 11:21am On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:
ATHEISM has failed right from it's conception!

The faculty is so emphatic about logic, but failed to realize that they are the very ones defying logic!

They say there is no God simply because he has not shown his face, but the evidence of God is in every human society.
There is no human society without a ruler or rulers, the significance of having rulers is all about SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE, the one ruling in any human society stands as the first citizen meaning the most intelligent person to lead others, that's why people gather to honour (worship) their rulers even though they sometimes rebel against some rulers and brutalize them when such ones misuse the power given them, there are soldiers (guards) protecting and carrying out the orders of the human leaders, so they are feared by one and all.

But ATHEISM is now saying humans should discard the idea of God/Gods, and they're expecting people to honour one another after their Gods (rulers) have been removed from the scene! embarassed

Hmmmmmmmm, ATHEISM the worstest concept fabricated by the rebellious descendants of Adam! cheesy

Bwahahahahaha! Even a secondary school government student can do better than this. Modern forms of government are not predicated on superior anything. You rely on iron age myths so not surprising you are still thinking of kings and emperors.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 12, 2020
frank317:

@bold... U are just a funny dude. Someone does not believe ur God exists therefore she should not have an idea.

If u accept that atheism is about freedom, tell me... freedom from what?

Atheism has hatred for mind control, and u want them to sit and watch their loved ones fall victim of mind control?

When u say atheists like freedom, I ask again... Freedom from what.

Try and answer this question then we can try understanding each other.

If u think u are not the stupid one for asking "idea from who" then u already have a problem.

Perhaps I should ask u... From "Who" does ur own idea comes from, since mayb ur brain does not function.

Your brain is functioning properly Sir! cheesy

It's just that you must be subjected to rules imposed on you by humans who are always arguing over what is right or wrong, yet you are no victim since your brains can also distinguish between is right and wrong! grin
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 12, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! Even a secondary school government student can do better than this. Modern forms of government are not predicated on superior anything. You rely on iron age myths so not surprising you are still thinking of kings and emperors.

The book you're all trying to discard tells the origin of what you are calling government today, and it also foretells a time when all the system of government you are supporting now will fail you!

I said it's because people in ancient times believe in God(s) that their progenies till date are honouring their fellow human as SUPERIOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS (Gods).

If you remove the idea of superior intelligent beings from the scene, people will no more honour themselves and each person will stand to prove what is right on his own. How do you think that's going to work out when no one is seen or viewed as superior?
You're seeing persons like Donald Trump, Vildamin Putin and others controlling thousands of people today BECAUSE ALL THESE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN SUPERIOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS, and they're having the feeling that somehow those occupying the seat of power are representatives of the unseen superior intelligent beings!

So if we all agree to discard the idea of God(s) as in saying there is nothing like some superior intelligent beings, anyone could just walk up to Donald and slap him for saying something stupid, then how do you think the human society will fair under such conditions?

My friend, there will be chaos all over the place, you'll have to start going about with your weapons to defend yourself from bullies! embarassed
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Danhumprey: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2020
Tamaratonye1:

the bolded is the hypocrisy endemic in Christianity and my major problem with that religion.

This hypocrisy stinks.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by triplechoice(m): 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

It's not about me Sir!

I'm an advocate of unism and i strongly believe (trust) in collective responsibility to make this planet a Paradise for all.

First of all before there can be PEACE there must be unity and accountability, this will help a lot because each person will know that his freedom is relative to the well being of his neighbour.

To illustrate think of fabrics and designs, we have silk, cotton, linen and wool.
Each person have the designer of his choice, but some after putting on their clothes look so awful, some due to how heavy the fabric finds it difficult to move around in their clothes, some are so tight that they can hardly move, still others fall due to the way their clothes were poorly stitched. So some people are now suggesting that it's better to go nakedly because the clothes have been causing so much trouble for those wearing them.

My point is instead of outrightly condemning clothing why not consider the BEST DESIGNER through the way his clients are well dressed and move with elegance?

The main purpose of clothing is to cover our bodies but when you now suggest we should all get rid of clothes simply because of quack designers, then something is wrong somewhere!

The true God is the best designer and his fabric is the Bible, demons are also designers as well but these ones design the fabric according to the likeness of their clients, so if you don't carefully study each model and their movement you will subscribe for nudity!

I'm here to tell anyone to believe in my God, but what i'm saying if you scrap religion completely things will totally get out of hand! smiley

There would be peace in the world when we can find a way to tolerate the next person whose actions does not affect us in anyway.It doesn't take an affiliation to any religious group before this can be done.This is what some of us are saying but you continue to insist it's not possible unless the whole world join your group that takes instructions from an imaginary designer .

As for your clothing analogy, nobody is asking you to go naked but that it's possible to determine by yourself the right clothing to put on.Its only a child or someone whose critical faculty skill is not fully developed that would need external control all the time to know the appropriate material to wear. If you feel you're incapable of doing things by yourself , then you need to realize that it's your own personal problem don't drag every into it.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 2:03pm On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Your brain is functioning properly Sir! cheesy

It's just that you must be subjected to rules imposed on you by humans who are always arguing over what is right or wrong, yet you are no victim since your brains can also distinguish between is right and wrong! grin

From whom does ur ideas come from?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
triplechoice:

There would be peace in the world when we can find a way to tolerate the next person whose actions does not affect us in anyway.It doesn't take an affiliation to any religious group before this can be done.This is what some of us are saying but you continue to insist it's not possible unless the whole world join your group that takes instructions from an imaginary designer .

As for your clothing analogy, nobody is asking you to go naked but that it's possible to determine by yourself the right clothing to put on.Its only a child or someone whose critical faculty skill is not fully developed that would need external control all the time to know the appropriate material to wear. If you feel you're incapable of doing things by yourself , then you need to realize that it's your own personal problem don't drag every into it.

Fully understood!

I'm not saying you shouldn't use you brains, of course every normal human make use of his/her brains 24/7

But when it comes to dealing with fellow intelligent creatures like yourself, you and i need a higher intelligent being to set standards so that we can live without hurting one another!

Tolerance begins with understanding what your fellow man enjoys doing and considering if you too can join him/her to make it sweeter, that's what TRUE Christianity is all about.
We're to visit our neighbours, have a heart to heart discussion with them, note the similarities in our hobbies and where there is sharp contrast, then set the pattern of how to coexist without offending one another that's all.
It's the misinformed churchgoers that are disturbing you saying you must become participants in their good for nothing religious settings without explanation, of course they're doing the same thing to us as well! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2020
frank317:

From whom does ur ideas come from?

Isaiah 54:17

Intelligence means studying your environment to avoid getting harmed!

You can't say you're safe when there is no rules/standards/principles guiding you and other intelligent creatures around you!

Anyone or group of persons setting such standards is serving as God(s) in the society. But if all humans feels they have working brains, then no one will be willing to SUBJECT to the idea of another.
ATHEISM is about debunking the idea of all higher intelligent beings "God(s)" meaning each person can develop his/her own standard while we still want to live together as a society, that's the impending disaster you atheists are not seeing now! embarassed
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 3:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Job
Maximus69:

Isaiah 54:17

Intelligence means studying your environment to avoid getting harmed!

You can't say you're safe when there is no rules/standards/principles guiding you and other intelligent creatures around you!

Anyone or group of persons setting such standards is serving as God(s) in the society. But if all humans feels they have working brains, then no one will be willing to SUBJECT to the idea of another.
ATHEISM is about debunking the idea of all higher intelligent beings "God(s)" meaning each person can develop his/her own standard while we still want to live together as a society, that's the impending disaster you atheists are not seeing now! embarassed

Name one standard that was set by ur God that u as his believer is using.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2020
frank317:
Job

Name one standard that was set by ur God that u as his believer is using.

One and only standard is

HAVE DEEP FEELING FOR ALL LIVING CREATURES AROUND YOU, FIND OUT THE PURPOSE OF THEIR EXISTENCE AND HELP THEM TO FULFILL THAT PURPOSE

It was summarized in one word LOVE!
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

One and only standard is

HAVE DEEP FEELING FOR ALL LIVING CREATURES AROUND YOU, FIND OUT THE PURPOSE OF THEIR EXISTENCE AND HELP THEM TO FULFILL THAT PURPOSE

It was summarized in one word LOVE!

Are u not embarrassed by this response? The creators instruction to u is to love.

U don't even know what love is. U think love is whats seen in the Bible? U think love is creating man, sending lucifer to decieve them and putting the tree of good and evil in their midst and never forgiving them and their generation millions if years after?

Oga, u have no idea what love is.

Let me start by giving u different categories of feelings of likeness that have been classified as love..

Likeness for one's sibling, or family members
Likeness of one u are in a sexual relationship with
Likeness for urself
And likeness for ur neigbour or distant friends or person

You guys do not think things through that's why u are quick to judge and talk anyhow.

There are certain conditions in life that can make one express all these categories of love in different degrees to both ones self and others around him.

Both u, the so called Christian, I the atheists, and even a Muslim are a victim of these conditions. Here are some of the conditions:
Up bringing, environment, experience, learning, biological dispositions and others we might not even know.

Good enough, almost everyone likes a peaceful environment... Unfortunately means to survive is scarce and this breeds greed and envy. That's why humans brings in rules to help them survive despite everything.

Ur God cannot sit down in an unknowns place and give u commandnmet to love like he knows nothing about how love is developed. Can a ghetto street child love as much as someone with good parental upbringing? Is it enough to command these kids to love?

Humans with brain know they need love and peace to survive... God don't have to say it, it is not his survival it is urs. The choice is urs to love and not God to tell u to love. In essence man will still love weather ur God commandeth it or not. So God asking u to love is a useless commandment but I am not surprise because u seem to worship a God who does useless things.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
Maximus69:

The book you're all trying to discard tells the origin of what you are calling government today, and it also foretells a time when all the system of government you are supporting now will fail you!

I said it's because people in ancient times believe in God(s) that their progenies till date are honouring their fellow human as SUPERIOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS (Gods).

If you remove the idea of superior intelligent beings from the scene, people will no more honour themselves and each person will stand to prove what is right on his own. How do you think that's going to work out when no one is seen or viewed as superior?
You're seeing persons like Donald Trump, Vildamin Putin and others controlling thousands of people today BECAUSE ALL THESE PEOPLE BELIEVE IN SUPERIOR INTELLIGENT BEINGS, and they're having the feeling that somehow those occupying the seat of power are representatives of the unseen superior intelligent beings!

So if we all agree to discard the idea of God(s) as in saying there is nothing like some superior intelligent beings, anyone could just walk up to Donald and slap him for saying something stupid, then how do you think the human society will fair under such conditions?

My friend, there will be chaos all over the place, you'll have to start going about with your weapons to defend yourself from bullies! embarassed

Bwahahahahaha! So you think the only thing worth respect and consideration is superiority or superior intellect? I can't stop laughing! No wonder you think some galactic dictator is coming to kick our ass. Bwahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
frank317:

Are u not embarrassed by this response? The creators instruction to u is to love.

U don't even know what love is. U think love is whats seen in the Bible? U think love is creating man, sending lucifer to decieve them and putting the tree of good and evil in their midst and never forgiving them and their generation millions if years after?

Oga, u have no idea what love is.

Let me start by giving u different categories of feelings of likeness that have been classified as love..

Likeness for one's sibling, or family members
Likeness of one u are in a sexual relationship with
Likeness for urself
And likeness for ur neigbour or distant friends or person

You guys do not think things through that's why u are quick to judge and talk anyhow.

There are certain conditions in life that can make one express all these categories of love in different degrees to both ones self and others around him.

Both u, the so called Christian, I the atheists, and even a Muslim are a victim of these conditions. Here are some of the conditions:
Up bringing, environment, experience, learning, biological dispositions and others we might not even know.

Good enough, almost everyone likes a peaceful environment... Unfortunately means to survive is scarce and this breeds greed and envy. That's why humans brings in rules to help them survive despite everything.

Ur God cannot sit down in an unknowns place and give u commandnmet to love like he knows nothing about how love is developed. Can a ghetto street child love as much as someone with good parental upbringing? Is it enough to command these kids to love?

Humans with brain know they need love and peace to survive... God don't have to say it, it is not his survival it is urs. The choice is urs to love and not God to tell u to love. In essence man will still love weather ur God commandeth it or not. So God asking u to love is a useless commandment but I am not surprise because u seem to worship a God who does useless things.

Well with all what you've said above, there is just one group on this planet in which all members vowed never to lift up weapons for any reason whatsoever, even if it means surrendering themselves to be killed by their enemies if the worst comes.

My friend, this group is known as Jehovah's Witnesses, they're people from different races, traditions and classes, and what do you think brought them together to exhibit this selfless type of love (Agape).
It's what they learned from that book called Bible.

Please Sir, what is the evidence that people will always love other people when only one organization globally is doing this? cheesy

Just name any place where what you said that i underlined is working! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! So you think the only thing worth respect and consideration is superiority or superior intellect? I can't stop laughing! No wonder you think some galactic dictator is coming to kick our ass. Bwahahahahaha!

My friend, Jesus said "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" John 8:32

Just debunk what i'm saying with proof, mention any human society where their human ruler(s) is not treated like God(s)! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.