Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Anti-atheism In Nigeria - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-atheism In Nigeria (7984 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
LordReed:

Better to be a baby than a grown arse fake and liar. With your supposed age you still lie like a pupil trying to bamboozle his fellows with ridiculous stories. What a shame.

Fake arse liar.

Why is it that each time you try to engage me in intellectual talks you often end up feeling hurt? smiley

You called me "FAKE" despite all the useful points to show you that there are people like you doing something to reduce the menace of spitefulness and use of weapons. All you could do is call me names just because i said the useful idea is from an all intelligent being, and you just don't want to hear anything pertaining to that! smiley

Well i really don't mean to hurt you, but you just have to know that it's not until you see someone before you feel his existence! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Why is it that each time you try to engage me in intellectual talks you often end up feeling hurt? smiley

You called me "FAKE" despite all the useful points to show you that there are people like you doing something to reduce the menace of spitefulness and use of weapons. All you could do is call me names just because i said the useful idea is from an all intelligent being, and you just don't want to hear anything pertaining to that! smiley

Well i really don't mean to hurt you, but you just have to know that it's not until you see someone before you feel his existence! smiley

Bwahahahahaha! You hurt yourself by lying. I just happen to be the one who calls you out on your bullshít.

Intellectual discussion doesn't need paltry bullshít like how you are a "military intelligence officer" or you met renown atheist, those are superfluous bullshít that adds nothing to the discussion and shows you up as a fool.

I won't spend my time trying to engage such a person because there is no hope of having an honest discussion.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! You hurt yourself by lying. I just happen to be the one who calls you out on your bullshít.

Intellectual discussion doesn't need paltry bullshít like how you are a "military intelligence officer" or you met renown atheist, those are superfluous bullshít that adds nothing to the discussion and shows you up as a fool.

I won't spend my time trying to engage such a person because there is no hope of having an honest discussion.

That's great!

I also discovered that THERE IS NO HOPE discussing further with someone who have no idea about PEACE MAKING, yet demanding for fruitless arguments!wink

I've presented reasonable logics on

Why we use weapons?

NOT to kill but to make our opponent surrender for dialogue in settling disputes!

But i've found a group who successfully made about 9,000,000 individuals from different nations under the heavens surrender wholeheartedly, without the use of force, weapons and no records of casualties in the process! smiley

So let the dishonest one between you and i feel the shame! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

That's great!

I also discovered that THERE IS NO HOPE discussing further with someone who have no idea about PEACE MAKING, yet demanding for fruitless arguments!wink

I've presented reasonable logics on

Why we use weapons?

NOT to kill but to make our opponent surrender for dialogue to settle disputes!

But i've found a group who successfully made about 9,000,000 individuals from different nations under the heavens surrender wholeheartedly, without the use of force, weapons and no records of casualties in the process! smiley

So let the dishonest one between you and i feel the shame! smiley

Indeed, let the liar and fake feel the shame.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
LordReed:

Indeed, let the liar and fake feel the shame.

So be it! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

(1)Bad people will always exist to continue doing what? cheesy

They exist to continue dancing.. Smh

(2)The world became a tough place due to what? cheesy

Due to scarce means of suvival. As population increases there is more struggle for the means of survival.

(3) Good people who want peace will always exist and what should they be doing to make peace? cheesy

They should be doing good things and advocating for peace the best way they can.

I thought you yourself said we can set rules within ourselves and let go of some things to ensue peace? cheesy

Of course... So?

If you and i come together to do this, will there be any difference or not?

Yes, there Will be differece.

So you don't even believe (trust) in your own concept?

Walahi Talahi ATHEISM is hopelessness!

What have guys been arguing for all these while? cheesy

I don't go about believing in fairy tales. Since u that is not hopeless have been believing, what have u achieved.
I am telling u the reality on ground and u are talking about believe.

For instance,

Our roads here in Nigeria are unkept, our drainage filled with gabbage, electricity is epileptic, health sector incapacitated, security is zero. So because we have good and bad people in our society, all hope to improve is lost shey? cheesy

We can only do our best my brother... The society can actually be better... U are actually drifting away from my point.

I don't just get it, is there anything called brain in the head of these people claiming ATHEISTS at all? cheesy
Atheist don't believe in the existence of God... Mr brain pls prove this God that u so much believe in or accept that u just believe in fairy tales.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
frank317:

(1)They exist to continue dancing.. Smh

(2)Due to scarce means of suvival. As population increases there is more struggle for the means of survival.

(3)They should be doing good things and advocating for peace the best way they can.

(4)Of course... So?

(5)Yes, there Will be differece.

(1) The will continue to exist to continue dancing with who?

(2)What happens if you and i decides to share what we have equally, see each child born as the responsibility of one and all, do you still think each and everyone will still think of populating the earth to raise more paupers for uncertainty?

(3)I love this one! Because that's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing globally, and the result is almost 9,000,000 individuals around the world have decided never to raise weapons again for any reason whatsoever!

(4)What have you been doing personally in this respect (since you don't believe in my sky daddy)?

(5)If you honestly think there will be a difference, so what's your own contribution?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Maximus69:

(1) The will continue to exist to continue dancing with who?

Dancing with their chickens

(2)What happens if you and i decides to share what we have equally, see each child born as the responsibility of one and all, do you still think each and everyone will still think of populating the earth to raise more paupers for uncertainty?

If u and I decide to do that the world will be peaceful. But chairman that ain't gonna happen in a world of people with so much differences, different upbringing, different biological disposition and scare means of survival. This is why we have the law and police...

(3)I love this one! Because that's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing globally, and the result is almost 9,000,000 individuals around the world have decided never to raise weapons again for any reason whatsoever!

Ya right.. Like I have never see JWs who default and break the law. Smh

(4)What have you been doing personally in this respect (since you don't believe in my sky daddy)?

Fortunately I am one of those who love peace and progress. I help people around me the best way I can... Oga, I can't talk much, I do my bit.

(5)If you honestly think there will be a difference, so what's your own contribution?
I try my best bro.... Because I like peace too. This all I can tell u.

This is not about me... It's about the fact that I don't think the God u worship is real.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
frank317:

Dancing with their chickens

If u and I decide to do that the world will be peaceful. But chairman that ain't gonna happen in a world of people with so much differences, different upbringing, different biological disposition and scare means of survival. This is why we have the law and police...

Ya right.. Like I have never see JWs who default and break the law. Smh

Fortunately I am one of those who love peace and progress. I help people around me the best way I can... Oga, I can't talk much, I do my bit.

I try my best bro.... Because I like peace too. This all I can tell u.

This is not about me... It's about the fact that I don't think the God u worship is real.

You said if Maximus69 and frank317 should agree meaning we have put our differences behind to make it work, so what makes you think it's impossible to carry others along after all you and i are different persons?

Of course Jehovah's Witnesses do default and sometimes break the law but they're ever ready for dialogue to resolve issues NOT using force or weapons! wink

Do you think what you and i agreed to do will be that easy so that one could just say "i can't talk much"? yet we don't want to use force or weapons on our fellow man to get them involved in the process of PEACE MAKING!

So how many people have you contacted in your neighborhood? Because i do go to visit people in my neighborhood UNINVITED twice a week and some have given me audience to the point that we've become friends sharing thoughts about how we can MAKE PEACE reign in our society. I remember you once said "if we truly want to make it work, we should be ready to make sacrifices" please can you live by your own words?

As for the God i worship, i've told you to keep him aside for now as we've agreed to do something to make our world a better place for you and me. So let's talk about our plan since you and i LOVE peace! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

I hope you know it is a crime to impersonate military officers. Please keep lying and I will make sure you are arrested for impersonation.

Sanpongelete o! embarassed embarassed embarassed
This is getting really interesting! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So you feel like Maximus should be arrested for saying he is a military intelligence officer! cheesy cheesy cheesy
What about if you see all the pictures he took in Europe, South America and Asia with his colleagues during service? smiley smiley smiley

Wonders shall never end!
How i love you are present when your SSS are saluting to honour my brother?
You don't know anything Mr! smiley smiley smiley
I missed a lot going on here due to the contract at hand, but i assure you that he will continue to torment you until you run away from him. Don't doubt it my guy, we've been together couple of times and i'm using this opportunity to tell you that you're dealing with a combatant military intelligence officer that's ever ready for any challenge! undecided undecided undecided
The best you can do for yourself is ignore him if you feel he's too much for you to handle, this is not one of those your churchy friends that you often coner with persuasive argument. All he's trying to do is calmly expose your stupidity before all Nairalanders. Therefore if you love yourself, just stop tackling his ability as per superior intelligence. You can't do it, he is smarter than you!undecided undecided undecided
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 6:44am On Feb 18, 2020
TATIME:

So you feel like Maximus should be arrested for saying he is a military intelligence officer! cheesy cheesy cheesy
What about if you see all the pictures he took in Europe, South America and Asia with his colleagues during service? smiley smiley smiley

Wonders shall never end!
I missed a lot going on here due to the contract at hand, but i assure you that he will continue to torment you until you run away from him. Don't doubt it my guy, we've been together couple of times and i'm using this opportunity to tell you that you're dealing with a combatant military intelligence officer that's ever ready for any challenge! undecided undecided undecided
The best you can do for yourself is ignore him if you feel he's too much for you to handle, this is not one of those your churchy friends that you often coner with persuasive argument. All he's trying to do is calmly expose your stupidity before all Nairalanders. Therefore if you love yourself, just stop tackling his ability as per superior intelligence. You can't do it, he is smarter than you!undecided undecided undecided

One question: have you seen these pictures with your own eyes?

Maximus69 is a liar and a twister, I have little use for such a person because they cannot be trusted to present any factual information. I am not interested in fairytales anymore so if you are not presenting me with hard facts then I am not interested.

I don't corner anybody with persuasive arguments because I have never sort to convince anybody to convert to atheism. My goal is, present the information that is concordant with reality, what you do with it after that is your business.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 18, 2020
TATIME:

Wonders shall never end!

Good morning Sir! smiley
I tricked him into revealing his true identity.

He denied talking of arrest, he claimed to be honest, he wanted to prove being intelligent, he also denied being religious.

In all of these i intelligently proved he is just deceiving himself.

Religionists often claim to know better than others due to having their brains infused with fabricated lies, when they come in contact with ignorant people they bluff as if they're special in some ways, and after outwitting people in arguments they boastfully walk away with their self esteem. But when they come in contact with someone much more intelligent, they become fierce with rage.
Please is that not the same thing happening to our friend now?

I've told them that ATHEISM is another religion on it's own, just like every other religion they find ways to explain how we got here, what brought us into our present condition and why things are happening the way we're seeing it. The one and only true religion is that which is able to go further ahead with solution to our present dilemma.
The question "HOW DO WE GO ABOUT PEACE MAKING?"

No religious organization can provide any tangible theory (doctrine) except the one and only group belonging to Jesus of Nazareth!

WHY?

Because he is the Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6

Our friend asked a question regarding the Nigerian armory to digress from the main point, only for him to post what crooked politicians are using as propaganda to turn gullible and ignorant citizens against their government!

After i've observed how dishonest and insincere he is with himself, i decided to let him be. Jesus sent us out to make peace and bring them the message of hope but if they reject our message he said "let your Peace return to you". Luke 10:6
So i'm only interested in bringing peace to his heart not to hurt his feelings further with the present situation mankind is facing on planet Earth today!
I also wish he present the chat between himself and i to anyone, i'm certain that he will feel ashamed of himself when they tell him (after reading through our comments) the same thing the security operatives sent to arrest Jesus told those Pharisees in the first century "no man has ever spoken with convincing points like this"! John 7:46
Agape my brother Tatime! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 7:09am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

Good morning Sir! smiley
I tricked him into revealing his true identity.

He denied talking of arrest, he claimed to be honest, he wanted to prove being intelligent, he also denied being religious.

There we go Mr Liar and Twister. Show the place I denied talking of arrest, let's continue to expose who the dishonest one is.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

There we go Mr Liar and Twister. Show the place I denied talking of arrest, let's continue to expose who the dishonest one is.
It's OK my friend!

Just bear in mind that FRUSTRATION is a sign NOT of winning but loosing!

I'm not an atheist, fruitless arguments is not my mission, unlike you when i engage people in intellectual talks my motive is to win them over to the side of PEACE!

You said you don't intend to win people over and that's logical because you've got no pedigree to do that, you can only teach them the big bang theory you were taught.
But when it comes to what is beneficial as in how those listening to you can go about PEACE MAKING your big bang theory will become worthless.

Yet you're not honest with yourself because you're always here trying to argue with people.
Perhaps you need to be reminded of the motive behind ARGUMENT, well it is a means of winning people over to agree with you!

So your claim though logical is not true!smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 7:39am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK my friend!

Just bear in mind that FRUSTRATION is a sign NOT of winning but loosing!

I'm not an atheist, fruitless arguments is not my mission, unlike you when i engage people in intellectual talks my motive is to win them over to the side of PEACE!

You said you don't intend to win people over and that's logical because you've got no pedigree to do that, you can only teach them the big bang theory you were taught.
But when it comes to what is beneficial as in how those listening to you can go about PEACE MAKING your big bang theory will become worthless.

Yet you're not honest with yourself because you're always here trying to argue with people.
Perhaps you need to be reminded of the motive behind ARGUMENT, well it is a means of winning people over to agree with you!

So your claim though logical is not true!smiley

So you agree you lied yet again. How you can continue lying so glaring and think you are some kinda hot shìt is beyond me. You are either sick or stupìd or sick and stupíd. You need psychological help, I repeat it again.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

So you agree you lied yet again. How you can continue lying so glaring and think you are some kinda hot shìt is beyond me. You are either sick or stupìd or sick and stupíd. You need psychological help, I repeat it again.

I have told you times without number that you'll ever continue to see true believers as liars, insanes, propagandists, stupid and so on.

But one thing you can never do is outwit us with points during debates on what is BENEFICIAL!

Note how you've deviated completely away from the beneficial talk of PEACE MAKING, only to start this name calling.

FRUSTRATION i tell you comes when you're battling really hard to establish what is not true or when you're striving vigorously to refute what is so obvious! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

I have told you times without number that you'll ever continue to see true believers as liars, insanes, propagandists, stupid and so on.

But one thing you can never do is outwit us with points during debates on what is BENEFICIAL!

Note how you've deviated completely away from the beneficial talk of PEACE MAKING, only to start this name calling.

FRUSTRATION i tell you comes when you're battling really hard to establish what is not true or when you're striving vigorously to refute what is so obvious! smiley

You tell lies then call me frustrated for calling out your lies, that's so very rich. LMFAO! It is the symptom of your frustrations that make you resort to lies. If you are so sure of the things you say you would not need to lie.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

You tell lies then call me frustrated for calling out your lies, that's so very rich. LMFAO! It is the symptom of your frustrations that make you resort to lies. If you are so sure of the things you say you would not need to lie.

There are different definitions for different Gods.
and this makes whatever debate about whatever God an exercise in futility.
In other words,the subjectivity of the definition of "God" hinders the validity of whatever argument that supports the inexistence or existence of "God".
Therefore,I'll rather state that unusual things happen but we don't really know much about
the cause of these things.
Ultimately," Nothing' never exists while "Anything" always exists in the absence of "Nothing'.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

You're not intelligent at all Sir! smiley

No intelligent person will be shouting LIAR! LIAR!! like a kid when thought provoking questions can discern the hidden things of the heart!

We are humans (intelligent creatures) it's the one lying that will run away or remain silent when there is no more fuel to run the engine of falsehood but as it were you're still a learner! wink

Your faculty is all about ABSOLUTE FREEDOM, so according to your faculty there is no crime in LYING because it's a form of expression. But when you meet higher intelligent minds, you'll either run away, keep silent or turn to rage if your mind is governed by lies! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

You said if Maximus69 and frank317 should agree meaning we have put our differences behind to make it work, so what makes you think it's impossible to carry others along after all you and i are different persons?

That's exactly what I am saying. Some people will have similarities in ideas, some will insist on the own way... Everybidy will never accept to the same idea. Never.

Of course Jehovah's Witnesses do default and sometimes break the law but they're ever ready for dialogue to resolve issues NOT using force or weapons! wink

Same thing with so many people and groups around the world. Why are then acting as if JWs are special.

Do you think what you and i agreed to do will be that easy so that one could just say "i can't talk much"? yet we don't want to use force or weapons on our fellow man to get them involved in the process of PEACE Making!

Cool... Peace making is good.. Good luck in ur effort and I am not asking u to stop.

So how many people have you contacted in your neighborhood? Because i do go to visit people in my neighborhood UNINVITED twice a week and some have given me audience to the point that we've become friends sharing thoughts about how we can MAKE PEACE reign in our society. I remember you once said "if we truly want to make it work, we should be ready to make sacrifices" please can you live by your own words?

I do my bit.

As for the God i worship, i've told you to keep him aside for now as we've agreed to do something to make our world a better place for you and me. So let's talk about our plan since you and i LOVE peace! smiley
Well if we have to keep God aside u should have said it all these while instead of calling atheists... The reason why I am having this interaction with u is because u are a God believer and I am not.
Seeking peace is what humans do and does not have anything to do with God. This is my point and if we are in agreement then my work is done.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

You're not intelligent at all Sir! smiley

No intelligent person will be shouting LIAR! LIAR!! like a kid when thought provoking questions can discern the hidden things of the heart!

We are humans (intelligent creatures) it's the one lying that will run away or remain silent when there is no more fuel to run the engine of falsehood but as it were you're still a learner! wink

Your faculty is all about ABSOLUTE FREEDOM, so according to your faculty there is no crime in LYING because it's a form of expression. But when you meet higher intelligent minds, you'll either run away, keep silent or turn to rage if your mind is governed by lies! wink

You are a dumbass if you think loquacious mendacity is the hallmark of intelligence.

You are of no consequence to me and I can ignore you without a second thought. Your attempt at emotional blackmail does not hold water with me. If I ignore you, your taunts will not make me give you a second thought.

You keep boasting of yourself intelligent, a true testament to the falsity of the humility you claim. Maybe your stupíd bamboozle works with some but definitely not with me. I asked you a simple question from publicly available information, a question purposely structured to test your intelligence. Not only did you fail, your lack of curiosity of where to obtain this information shows you are thoroughly unintelligent. An intelligent person would be curious as to where to obtain information but you showed yourself a mendacious dummy.

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2020
frank317:

(1)That's exactly what I am saying. Some people will have similarities in ideas, some will insist on the own way... Everybidy will never accept to the same idea. Never.

(2)Same thing with so many people and groups around the world. Why are then acting as if JWs are special.

(3)Cool... Peace making is good.. Good luck in ur effort and I am not asking u to stop.

(4)I do my bit.

(5)Well if we have to keep God aside u should have said it all these while instead of calling atheists... The reason why I am having this interaction with u is because u are a God believer and I am not.
Seeking peace is what humans do and does not have anything to do with God. This is my point and if we are in agreement then my work is done.

When majority agree to do the needful so that we can have peace in our society, what most human society does is keep the minority who aren't friends of peace in a state of inactivity within our neighborhood, that's why there are PRISONS.

JWs are the one and only group that's ACTIVELY doing this 24/7 throughout the earth, and in every human society they're known for their peace keeping message!

Of course you want us to continue doing the fine job, but you're now sounding as if you're no more ready for the sacrifice that you once said "we should be prepared to offer" smiley

Can you also invite other peace lovers to join in the movement and continue sharing encouraging words amongst yourselves? Because that's what makes Jehovah's Witnesses SPECIAL. We can't achieve success in any mission without dedication! smiley

The reason why i said we should keep my God out of this is to see how far you and those you're vouching for as lovers of PEACE can go with the mission without any GOD (higher intelligent being) involved! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

You are a dumbass if you think loquacious mendacity is the hallmark of intelligence.

You are of no consequence to me and I can ignore you without a second thought. Your attempt at emotional blackmail does not hold water with me. If I ignore you, your taunts will not make me give you a second thought.

You keep boasting of yourself intelligent, a true testament to the falsity of the humility you claim. Maybe your stupíd bamboozle works with some but definitely not with me. I asked you a simple question from publicly available information, a question purposely structured to test your intelligence. Not only did you fail, your lack of curiosity of where to obtain this information shows you are thoroughly unintelligent. An intelligent person would be curious as to where to obtain information but you showed yourself a mendacious dummy.

Intelligent minds are not easily diverted to insignificant points Sir!

Remember we were dealing with PEACE MAKING and how to go about it. Then i told you how a bunch of old white men gathered together only to argue and argue and argue with nothing to be resolved!

Before then i was contemplating becoming an atheist because of the freedom of thought but what happened in that gathering changed my mind, so i continued with the search for a truly PEACE MAKING group.

Your question of weapons and armory sounds like lighting a cigarette and inviting a former chainsmoker who wants to quit smoking for good to come sit beside you, moreover the picture was politically motivated, it's NOT THE TRUTH.

So i see it as a way of digressing from the main point. My past has nothing to do with our discussion, the point i wanted to bring out of it was the experience of those old men who just converged in a big hall only to argue with nothing to share!

Your aggression is not good otherwise there are many information i would have shared with you regarding what was discussed at that meeting,but since you've discarded it as lies it's better i keep the info for someone else!

So i'm deeply sorry and i'm saying this from the deepest part of my heart, please let's forget and continue as friends, it's not under compulsion that you accept my God, neither am i under any threat to become an atheist. We have the freedom to choose what we want to be! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

Intelligent minds are not easily diverted to insignificant points Sir!

Remember we were dealing with PEACE MAKING and how to go about it. Then i told you how a bunch of old white men gathered together only to argue and argue and argue with nothing to be resolved!

Before then i was contemplating becoming an atheist because of the freedom of thought but what happened in that gathering changed my mind, so i continued with the search for a truly PEACE MAKING group.

Your question of weapons and armory sounds like lighting a cigarette and inviting a former chainsmoker who wants to quit smoking for good to come sit beside you, moreover the picture was politically motivated, it's NOT THE TRUTH.

So i see it as a way of digressing from the main point. My past has nothing to do with our discussion, the point i wanted to bring out of it was the experience of those old men who just converged in a big hall only to argue with nothing to share!

Your aggression is not good otherwise there are many information i would have shared with you regarding what was discussed at that meeting,but since you've discarded it as lies it's better i keep the info for someone else!

So i'm deeply sorry and i'm saying this from the deepest part of my heart, please let's forget and continue as friends, it's not under compulsion that you accept my God, neither am i under any threat to become an atheist. We have the freedom to choose what we want to be! smiley

Which renowned group of atheists are you referring to? Does the group not have a name? There are no renowned atheist groups that will decline to have their names mentioned when referencing their work so you are free to mention this group by name let us know what they discussed and how relevant it is.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

(1)Which renowned group of atheists are you referring to?
(2)
Does the group not have a name?

There are no renowned atheist groups that will decline to have their names mentioned when referencing their work so you are free to mention this group by name let us know what they discussed and how relevant it is.

They never gathered with the label "RENOUN ATHEISTS" neither did they have a group name!

It's from our superiors that we learnt they are all ATHEISTS, as the venue was under surveillance for almost a week prior to the meeting time, and the reason was to ensure their safety because political religionists view them as a threat to their money making venture!

As for their names, each agent have the list at hand because all of them must leave the venue before any of us leaves.

I'm sorry Sir, their names, nationality and other info about them must be kept secret!

Most of the things discussed weren't so clear to me because each of them spoke in his language except few who feels like honouring the Queen's tongue (English). I also learnt that most atheists are multilinguals.

But the few points i was able to grasp on my own are

The authenticity of a beginning. Most of them are of the argument that if they should agree with the concept of a beginning, they'll have to deal with CAUSE.
The big bang theory was tabled for scrutiny because they reasoned that it couldn't have been the beginning otherwise they must answer another tough question "CAUSE" as in what triggered the big bang?

Then one of them point out what seems like erroneous aspect of Jesus' historicity, another said something but the translator's tongue on my earpiece was too fast so i missed that, then another said They can't comprehend the two versions of the guys history because the first century Jewish community leaders labelled him as an impostor magician and fraud, while his followers wrote virtuous things about him!
Then the argument is "was he real or not?"
One man said if Jesus is real then they need to verify personality and conclude on his case. Then another stood up as if angry and said "if he is real then we must find out why he is so gifted with wisdom, and if we should say he never exist then we need to find out what prompted those common first century Jews to fabricate such lofty and highly intelligent figure"
Then another man said it's all bullshit, he will never accept that any man like that truly lived. That's what led to the next uproar until they argued and argued for almost two hours, but because their too fast for me i was lost.
one thing i learnt that very day, those old men were truly intelligent with the points they were raising, but they never concluded on a specific point before their menu menu and they later left.

That was why i threw the question at you if you believe that Jesus existed, perhaps to see if you could say YES or NO, but you got angry and left saying i lied against you. Actually it wasn't what you said directly but i'm sure if you're faced with the same question you'll be lost in thought as to stand fully on either YES or NO! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

They never gathered with the label "RENOUN ATHEISTS" neither did they have a group name!

It's from our superiors that we learnt they are all ATHEISTS, as the venue was under surveillance for almost a week prior to the meeting time, and the reason was to ensure their safety because political religionists view them as a threat to their money making venture!

As for their names, each agent have the list at hand because all of them must leave the venue before any of us leaves.

I'm sorry Sir, their names, nationality and other info about them must be kept secret!

Most of the things discussed weren't so clear to me because each of them spoke in his language except few who feels like honouring the Queen's tongue (English). I also learnt that most atheists are multilinguals.

But the few points i was able to grasp on my own are

The authenticity of a beginning. Most of them are of the argument that if they should agree with the concept of a beginning, they'll have to deal with CAUSE.
The big bang theory was tabled for scrutiny because they reasoned that it couldn't have been the beginning otherwise they must answer another tough question "CAUSE" as in what triggered the big bang?

Then one of them point out what seems like erroneous aspect of Jesus' historicity, another said something but the translator's tongue on my earpiece was too fast so i missed that, then another said They can't comprehend the two versions of the guys history because the first century Jewish community leaders labelled him as an impostor magician and fraud, while his followers wrote virtuous things about him!
Then the argument is "was he real or not?"
One man said if Jesus is real then they need to verify personality and conclude on his case. Then another stood up as if angry and said "if he is real then we must find out why he is so gifted with wisdom, and if we should say he never exist then we need to find out what prompted those common first century Jews to fabricate such lofty and highly intelligent figure"
Then another man said it's all bullshit, he will never accept that any man like that truly lived. That's what led to the next uproar until they argued and argued for almost two hours, but because their too fast for me i was lost.
one thing i learnt that very day, those old men were truly intelligent with the points they were raising, but they never concluded on a specific point before their menu menu and they later left.

That was why i threw the question at you if you believe that Jesus existed, perhaps to see if you could say YES or NO, but you got angry and left saying i lied against you. Actually it wasn't what you said directly but i'm sure if you're faced with the same question you'll be lost in thought as to stand fully on either YES or NO! smiley

You are giving conflicting information here. You cannot call someone renowned then say his identity has to be kept secret. There is no secret renowned person, it is either the person is secret or he is renowned, he cannot be both.

I also do not know of any atheist meetings where they discuss these subjects and keep it a secret. For goodness sake the most renowned atheists have their videos all over YouTube discussing these same subjects you are mentioning. If it was any one of them all you need to do is point out the video on YouTube, let us correlate what they are saying with what you are saying. We shouldn't rely on your hearsay when these people are alive and public.

Bart Erhman is famous for accepting there may have been a historic Jesus but says all the stories about his miracles are probably fables. Richard Carrier takes the opposite stance and says Jesus did not exist at all. Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist. Lawrence Krauss, Brian Greene, Sean Carrol all cosmologists. Christopher Hitchens (RIP), Sam Harris, Matt Dilahunty, Seth Andrews, Aron Ra, brilliant debaters and speakers. So this idea that there is some renowned atheist that is secret is very odd.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

You are giving conflicting information here. You cannot call someone renowned then say his identity has to be kept secret. There is no secret renowned person, it is either the person is secret or he is renowned, he cannot be both.

I also do not know of any atheist meetings where they discuss these subjects and keep it a secret. For goodness sake the most renowned atheists have their videos all over YouTube discussing these same subjects you are mentioning. If it was any one of them all you need to do is point out the video on YouTube, let us correlate what they are saying with what you are saying. We shouldn't rely on your hearsay when these people are alive and public.

Bart Erhman is famous for accepting there may have been a historic Jesus but says all the stories about his miracles are probably fables. Richard Carrier takes the opposite stance and says Jesus did not exist at all. Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist. Lawrence Krauss, Brian Greene, Sean Carrol all cosmologists. Christopher Hitchens (RIP), Sam Harris, Matt Dilahunty, Seth Andrews, Aron Ra, brilliant debaters and speakers. So this idea that there is some renowned atheist that is secret is very odd.

My friend, i am not an atheist.

And i've never seen any of them before, it's our superior's directives that we were following.
What's my business with their identify for God's sake? undecided
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by budaatum: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

The question you're dodging still remains "how do you go about PEACE MAKING without the use of force, weapons and records of casualties?" wink
By being a peacemaker myself instead of constantly getting into arguments about who has the biggest and best weapons, because the very moment I claim my weapon is the biggest and best weapon someone is bound to disturb the peace further by claiming their's is better and bigger than mine.

Incidentally, that's what being humble means. Not going about claiming I am bigger and better than you.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
budaatum:

By being a peacemaker myself instead of constantly getting into arguments about who has the biggest and best weapons, because the very moment I claim my weapon is the biggest and best weapon someone is bound to disturb the peace further by claiming their's is better and bigger than mine.

Incidentally, that's what being humble means. Not going about claiming I am bigger and better than you.

From this illustration, you're partially speaking from the perspective of Jesus Christ.

But note one thing here, the most advanced weapon ever is DIALOGUE to ensue PEACE!

Weapons is used to make any villain surrender then we can sue for PEACE.

But threatening someone with a bigger weapon will only trigger more trouble because he will not surrender wholeheartedly, he or she will think of a more powerful weapon to FORCE you surrender.

That's why the weapon Jehovah's Witnesses are using (God's word) is the most advanced weapon of all time, both side will settle as in agree peacefully without the use of force, harmful weapon or any record of casualties! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

My friend, i am not an atheist.

And i've never seen any of them before, it's our superior's directives that we were following.
What's my business with their identify for God's sake? undecided

So how did you know they were renowned?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by budaatum: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

From this illustration, you're partially speaking from the perspective of Jesus Christ.

But note one thing here, the most advanced weapon ever is DIALOGUE to ensue PEACE!

Weapons is used to make any villain surrender then we can sue for PEACE.

But threatening someone with a bigger weapon will only trigger more trouble because he will not surrender wholeheartedly, he or she will think of a more powerful weapon to FORCE you surrender.

That's why the weapon Jehovah's Witnesses are using (God's word) is the most advanced weapon of all time, both side will settle as in agree peacefully without the use of force, harmful weapon or any record of casualties! smiley

Perhaps you should rather use your own personal conduct as a weapon for Jehovah instead of the words that satan attempted to use against Christ and failed, and which the Sadducees and the Pharisees and those who were supposedly learned in the law constantly used against Christ too.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

So how did you know they were renowned?

Please i told you that your anger was too hot that's why i decided to quit the discussion earlier on.

I said our superiors told us that. I don't know any atheist, do you expect churchgoers to know any of those people?

They're not renoun Pastors or Pope, how am i supposed to know any of them?

That was what happened! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

~^"who Is Pastor T.b Joshua's Mentor~'^? / Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? / Why You Should Be Very Careful What Church You Attend - A MUST READ!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.