Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Anti-atheism In Nigeria - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-atheism In Nigeria (7977 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

Please i told you that your anger was too hot that's why i decided to quit the discussion earlier on.

I said our superiors told us that. I don't know any atheist, do you expect churchgoers to know any of those people?

They're not renoun Pastors or Pope, how am i supposed to know any of them?

That was what happened! undecided

So if your superiors were lying or misdirecting you, you would not have known. Anyway since you can't confirm who these people are, then we can dispense with whatever it is they said. I am not interested in discussing hearsay but facts.

I have given you a number of famous atheists, you can look up their content and we can discuss that.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

So if your superiors were lying or misdirecting you, you would not have known. Anyway since you can't confirm who these people are, then we can dispense with whatever it is they said. I am not interested in discussing hearsay but facts.

I have given you a number of famous atheists, you can look up their content and we can discuss that.

I am not an atheist my friend. smiley

Their eloquence and status moved me, this people are well to do so anyone will like to mingle with them but one thing that irritate me is they never agreed on issues raised. Though i was a bit nervous to learn from them but the way they concluded discouraged me!

So the difference between us is you like to talk freely without any accomplishment but i hate talking without winning at least one person over to the side of PEACE! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

I am not an atheist my friend. smiley

Their eloquence and status moved me, this people are well to do so anyone will like to mingle with them but one thing that irritate me is they never agreed on issues raised. Though i was a bit nervous to learn from them but the way they concluded discouraged me!

So the difference between us is you like to talk freely without any accomplishment but i hate talking without winning at least one person over to the side of PEACE! smiley

Eloquence and status we cannot verify? Of what use is it to the discussion?
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

(1)Eloquence and status we cannot verify?

(2)Of what use is it to the discussion?

You know them because you're a member too, so you need no verification regarding their eloquence but the way i see those men i know they're not just rich but wealthy.

I only brought it in to show you that respected, highly influential, and notable elites in the society can converge in a place just to argue and argue and argue without achieving anything. You yourself quoted those you know very well, saying they have contradicting opinions. Well that is irritating to me! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

You know them because you're a member too, so you need no verification regarding their eloquence but the way i see those men i know they're not just rich but wealthy.

I only brought it in to show you that respected, highly influential, and notable elites in the society can converge in a place just to argue and argue and argue without achieving anything. You yourself quoted those you know very well, saying they have contradicting opinions. Well that is irritating to me! smiley

I told I don't deal on hearsay. You told me information I cannot verify or ascertain in anyway, it is unless to me.

What they achieve is the strengthen of the quality of thought that goes into consideration for the various subjects. We are not mindless drones merely accepting dogma.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

I told I don't deal on hearsay. You told me information I cannot verify or ascertain in anyway, it is unless to me.

What difference will the verification make?

Come on we are humans living in a society where we find it difficult to eat, walk, sleep and gather for merriment safely, due to humans with hearts loaded down with anxiety, greed and pride, i don't think there is any need of verifying what can't do a single thing about the problems facing us!

You'll just add it to the list of unproductive information you gather to argue and argue and argue some other time if you live to see tomorrow!

Well i'm sorry, that is what i call USELESS! embarassed
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

What difference will the verification make?

Come on we are humans living in a society where we find it difficult to eat, walk, sleep and gather for merriment safely, due to humans with hearts loaded down with anxiety, greed and pride, i don't think there is any need of verifying what can't do a single thing about the problems facing us!

You'll just add it to the list of unproductive information you gather to argue and argue and argue some other time if you live to see tomorrow!

Well i'm sorry, that is what i call USELESS! embarassed

You are the one saying you saw people arguing endlessly, what do you want us to do about it since what you are doing is practically gossiping? We can't verify if they were actually arguing endlessly, we can't know what they were actually talking about. You just reported something with no means of verification and expect it to carry weight?

Maybe that's how you accept what you are told but I don't.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

You are the one saying you saw people arguing endlessly, what do you want us to do about it since what you are doing is practically gossiping? We can't verify if they were actually arguing endlessly, we can't know what they were actually talking about. You just reported something with no means of verification and expect it to carry weight?

Maybe that's how you accept what you are told but I don't.

We were there on a mission, to ensure their safety, NOT to keep records of what happened there for anything.

Knowledge has been defined as the accumulation of USEFUL information.

and

Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits.

Going by the ethics of our profession, what those people converged for was neither Knowledge nor Wisdom, if it happens to be either of these two any agent will feel obliged to keep a record of the event for future USE.
But since what they were doing add no value or pose any threat to the society, we just can't wait to see them round up their meeting!
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

We were there on a mission, to ensure their safety, NOT to keep records of what happened there for anything.

Knowledge has been defined as the accumulation of USEFUL information.

and

Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits.

Going by the ethics of our profession, what those people converged for was neither Knowledge nor Wisdom, if it happens to be either of these two any agent will feel obliged to keep a record of the event for future USE.
But since what they were doing add no value or pose any threat to the society, we just can't wait to see them round up their meeting!

It maybe useful to you but it is useless to me. It's better you stop mentioning information that when we ask you to verify you lock up. Such information is useless in discussion.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
LordReed:

It maybe useful to you but it is useless to me. It's better you stop mentioning information that when we ask you to verify you lock up. Such information is useless in discussion.

That's why i said it's a mistake!

You're an atheist, your faculty is about verification before you accept any report, but believers accepts reports that's logical, reasonable and useful for benefits!

I only wonder how you people accept the report of a big bang WITHOUT VERIFICATION!

However i'm sorry!.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Maximus69:

That's why i said it's a mistake!

You're an atheist, your faculty is about verification before you accept any report, but believers accepts reports that's logical, reasonable and useful for benefits!

I only wonder how you people accept the report of a big bang WITHOUT VERIFICATION!

However i'm sorry!.

Bwahahahahaha! If you have nothing more to say get a good sleep because we have already gone over that. If the information didn't get through the fog in your brain maybe some sleep will help.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 19, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! If you have nothing more to say get a good sleep because we have already gone over that. If the information didn't get through the fog in your brain maybe some sleep will help.

I perfectly understood you Sir.

All i'm saying is i smell hypocrisy tackling perpetrators of religion for adding no value to the life of their adherents when one is also involved in a faculty of no real value! smiley

Good morning Sir! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2020
Maximus69:

I perfectly understood you Sir.

All i'm saying is i smell hypocrisy tackling perpetrators of religion for adding no value to the life of their adherents when one is also involved in a faculty of no real value! smiley

Good morning Sir! smiley

Why do you like twisting things about? If I call you liar now you will start squirming. Can you show me anywhere I said "perpetrators of religion add no value to the life of their adherents"? Dont say things you are not sure of or else you inadvertently make yourself a liar or a mendacious clown.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 19, 2020
LordReed:

Why do you like twisting things about? If I call you liar now you will start squirming. Can you show me anywhere I said "perpetrators of religion add no value to the life of their adherents"? Dont say things you are not sure of or else you inadvertently make yourself a liar or a mendacious clown.

Hmmmmmmmm,

I told you times without number that you're just a victim of circumstances!

ATHEISM is all about speaking against the worthlessness in religion and you've been doing that always. So if you now deny the norms of your faculty, please tell your cohorts that ATHEISM has nothing against religion.

Otherwise intelligent followers on this thread can see the liar here!

I told you intelligent individuals don't go about shouting LIAR! LIAR!!, When we are prepared to expose a liar we use thought provoking questions, and before you know it you're lost in thought! wink

Meanwhile i still remember the day you typed words on this forum while responding to a commentator, you typed in Yorùbá, you even applied the àmìn (pronunciation slashes) correctly, so turning around to deny you're not Yorùbá is still hot in my cooler Sir! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm,

I told you times without number that you're just a victim of circumstances!

ATHEISM is all about speaking against the worthlessness in religion and you've been doing that always. So if you now deny the norms of your faculty, please tell your cohorts that ATHEISM has nothing against religion.

Otherwise intelligent followers on this thread can see the liar here!

I told you intelligent individuals don't go about shouting LIAR! LIAR!!, When we are prepared to expose a liar we use thought provoking questions, and before you know it you're lost in thought! wink

Meanwhile i still remember the day you typed words on this forum while responding to a commentator, you typed in Yorùbá, you even applied the àmìn (pronunciation slashes) correctly, so turning around to deny you're not Yorùbá is still hot in my cooler Sir! wink

There is nothing about atheism that says you have to say religion is worthless but of course trust you to twist things to fit whatever foggy mess is in your head.

Oga I am not yoruba, I know how to use google translate.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
LordReed:

There is nothing about atheism that says you have to say religion is worthless but of course trust you to twist things to fit whatever foggy mess is in your head.

Oga I am not yoruba, I know how to use google translate.

Don't worry my friend, i BELIEVE (TRUST) your words completely! cheesy
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 2:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
Maximus69:

Don't worry my friend, i BELIEVE (TRUST) your words completely! cheesy

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
Maximus69:

When majority agree to do the needful so that we can have peace in our society, what most human society does is keep the minority who aren't friends of peace in a state of inactivity within our neighborhood, that's why there are Prisons.

Of course. At least u agree that humans make the rules and not God.

JWs are the one and only group that's ACTIVELY doing this 24/7 throughout the earth, and in every human society they're known for their peace keeping message!

This is not true... We can't keep on repeating ourselves here. JW does not have presence in maidugiri or Syria. But there are some non governmental bodies in this area that are doing this bit to keep peace or help out the best way they can.

Of course you want us to continue doing the fine job, but you're now sounding as if you're no more ready for the sacrifice that you once said "we should be prepared to offer" smiley

Like I said keep up the good work. Stop claiming monopoly of good work.... This is my greiviance with u in this area.

Can you also invite other peace lovers to join in the movement and continue sharing encouraging words amongst yourselves? Because that's what makes Jehovah's Witnesses SPECIAL. We can't achieve success in any mission without dedication! smiley

Stop sounding like u are losing the battle. Am doing my bit and not asking u for help.

The reason why i said we should keep my God out of this is to see how far you and those you're vouching for as lovers of PEACE can go with the mission without any GOD (higher intelligent being) involved! smiley
People have gone further than u without the God believe and even u who believe in God have not really been effective despite being around for aong time.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Bacteriologist(m): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2020
A Christian telling lies then shifting the goal post when he is being questioned and his lies has been exposed. Lol. Water is wet.

Trolls are the only set of people incapable of retracing their steps or feeling remorse for their lies/misconceptions. In psychology, trolling is proven to be a big sign of mental illness. And from experience, even on this thread, trolling and fanatical theism are like 5 and 6.

Please stop feeding trolls. They feed off people's attention. Starve them off it.

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
frank317:

(1)Of course. At least u agree that humans make the rules and not God.

(2)This is not true... We can't keep on repeating ourselves here. JW does not have presence in maidugiri or Syria. But there are some non governmental bodies in this area that are doing this bit to keep peace or help out the best way they can.

(3)Like I said keep up the good work. Stop claiming monopoly of good work.... This is my greiviance with u in this area.

(4)Stop sounding like u are losing the battle. Am doing my bit and not asking u for help.

(5)People have gone further than u without the God believe and even u who believe in God have not really been effective despite being around for aong time.

(1)When talking about PEACE as in real PEACE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT GOD, that's why those you're thinking are MAKING PEACE still goes about using FORCE, WEAPONS and having countless records of CASUALTIES! wink

(2) Jehovah's Witnesses have a commander, the order form our commander is "if friends of peace are found in any community, we should stay there (take up residence in their midst) but if not we should shake off the dust of our feet and let our PEACE return to us" {Matthew 10:11-13} friends of peace aren't living in those places you mentioned, that's why they've been battling to keep to one religion, but now that the table has turned against them, you can't expect us to start rushing there to establish what they resisted in the first place "PEACE"! wink

(3)Your grievances meant nothing to me, if you are honest and sincere, point to any group you know that's keeping the PEACE in the real sense:- without FORCE, WEAPONS nor records of CASUALTIES! wink

(4)Let everyone feel your bit just as Jehovah's Witnesses have done in all the places we're operating, we have a record of about 9,000,000 prospective weapon carriers in all the continents that have surrendered wholeheartedly due to the work we are doing! wink

(5) Well perhaps you need someone to remind you that Russia is furiously fighting against Jehovah's Witnesses today because, they're secretly recruiting soldiers against the US but their most honest, loyal and faithful countrymen are warmly embracing PEACE due to the works of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
Bacteriologist:
A Christian telling lies then shifting the goal post when he is being questioned and his lies has been exposed. Lol. Water is wet.

Trolls are the only set of people incapable of retracing their steps or feeling remorse for their lies/misconceptions. In psychology, trolling is proven to be a big sign of mental illness. And from experience, even on this thread, trolling and fanatical theism are like 5 and 6.

Please stop feeding trolls. They feed off people's attention. Starve them off it.

Just present a better means of PEACE KEEPING than what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing Sir, that's all! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
[quote author=LordReed post=86785031][/quote]

I was barred from commenting, please can anyone tell me what the rules of the forum says again?

Because i don't know the reason for being barred! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
Maximus69:

I was barred from commenting, please can anyone tell me what the rules of the forum says again?

Because i don't know the reason for being barred! smiley
Did you respond with a link or a lengthy post or copy and paste? These are some of the things the spambot detects and issues an automated ban. Alternatively someone might have reported your response as offensive, drawning the ire of the Mods.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
LordReed:
Did you respond with a link or a lengthy post or copy and paste? These are some of the things the spambot detects and issues an automated ban. Alternatively someone might have reported your response as offensive, drawning the ire of the Mods.

OK, i never thought of that! undecided

So a Nairalander can report another Nairalander for offensive response and the offender will be banned!

Hmmmmmmmm, this is becoming more and more interesting! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Bacteriologist(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Just present a better means of PEACE KEEPING than what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing Sir, that's all! wink

If you think you will ever get a concrete reply from me to your asinine theistic drivels and thoughtless religious platitudes you are seriously kidding yourself.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Bacteriologist:

If you think you will ever get a concrete reply from me to your asinine theistic drivels and thoughtless religious platitudes you are seriously kidding yourself.

I never expected any because when talking about intelligence YOU ARE EMPTY! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Maximus69:

OK, i never thought of that! undecided

So a Nairalander can report another Nairalander for offensive response and the offender will be banned!

Hmmmmmmmm, this is becoming more and more interesting! smiley

I was banned recently and I suspect that is what happened. Its actually good so the forum doesn't become entirely toxic and devoid of meaningful interaction.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
LordReed:

I was banned recently and I suspect that is what happened. Its actually good so the forum doesn't become entirely toxic and devoid of meaningful interaction.

Hmmmmmmmm! smiley
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by frank317: 6:56am On Feb 21, 2020
Maximus69:

(1)When talking about PEACE as in real PEACE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT GOD, that's why those you're thinking are MAKING PEACE still goes about using FORCE, WEAPONS and having countless records of CASUALTIES! wink

How do u keep peace with God? U claim there can never be peace without God and u are asking me, a Godless person to join u in keeping peace. Why haven't u achieved peace with this ur God? And where did I tell u keeping peace requires force and weapons. Non governmental bodies I reffered to as keeping peace are only providing aids food and shelter for refugees... What have u and ur God that are the the world best peace keepers done for people in need?

(2) Jehovah's Witnesses have a commander, the order form our commander is "if friends of peace are found in any community, we should stay there (take up residence in their midst) but if not we should shake off the dust of our feet and let our PEACE return to us" {Matthew 10:11-13} friends of peace aren't living in those places you mentioned, that's why they've been battling to keep to one religion, but now that the table has turned against them, you can't expect us to start rushing there to establish what they resisted in the first place "PEACE"! wink

People are going beyond their bothers to help out in times of need. U and ur commander just relax in ur comfort zone and do ur thing... Yet u are the world best peace keepers. Enjoy ur delusion.

(3)Your grievances meant nothing to me, if you are honest and sincere, point to any group you know that's keeping the PEACE in the real sense:- without FORCE, WEAPONS nor records of CASUALTIES! wink

Ever heard of society for family and health? Cyril foundation? There are so many foundation that takes care of children on the streets, violence against women and children. Did u get the story of the German lady who picked up a child labeled a witch in akwaibom and changed his life? What had all these got to do with weapon?

(4)Let everyone feel your bit just as Jehovah's Witnesses have done in all the places we're operating, we have a record of about 9,000,000 prospective weapon carriers in all the continents that have surrendered wholeheartedly due to the work we are doing! wink

Everyone can't feel my bit just as not everyone is feeling ur bit.

(5) Well perhaps you need someone to remind you that Russia is furiously fighting against Jehovah's Witnesses today because, they're secretly recruiting soldiers against the US but their most honest, loyal and faithful countrymen are warmly embracing PEACE due to the works of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink

So what has JW Got to do with Russian soldier... U guys have become a nuisance in the society carrying ur wretched bags and preaching fairy tales without contributing anything to the growth of the society, why will Russian Government not kick ur wasteful ass out?

1 Like

Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 21, 2020
frank317:

How do u keep peace with God? U claim there can never be peace without God and u are asking me, a Godless person to join u in keeping peace. Why haven't u achieved peace with this ur God? And where did I tell u keeping peace requires force and weapons. Non governmental bodies I reffered to as keeping peace are only providing aids food and shelter for refugees... What have u and ur God that are the the world best peace keepers done for people in need?

People are going beyond their bothers to help out in times of need. U and ur commander just relax in ur comfort zone and do ur thing... Yet u are the world best peace keepers. Enjoy ur delusion.

Ever heard of society for family and health? Cyril foundation? There are so many foundation that takes care of children on the streets, violence against women and children. Did u get the story of the German lady who picked up a child labeled a witch in akwaibom and changed his life? What had all these got to do with weapon?

So what has JW Got to do with Russian soldier... U guys have become a nuisance in the society carrying ur wretched bags and preaching fairy tales without contributing anything to the growth of the society, why will Russian Government not kick ur wasteful ass out?

My atheist friend, don't kill yourself like your brothers often do after they've lived frustrated lives of faithlessness! cheesy

All i'm saying is "if all the religions around you are practicing what Jehovah's Witnesses believe today, no one will force anyone to do anything, you either remain in the family of faith or go about like a fugitive. There will be no need of weapons and wars"

So calm down and use your brains, after all that's what your faculty teaches, stop being obstinate about this! wink
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:08am On Feb 21, 2020
Maximus69:

My atheist friend, don't kill yourself like your brothers often do after they've lived frustrated lives of faithlessness! cheesy

All i'm saying is "if all the religions around you are practicing what Jehovah's Witnesses believe today, no one will force anyone to do anything, you either remain in the family of faith or go about like a fugitive. There will be no need of weapons and wars"

So calm down and use your brains, after all that's what your faculty teaches, stop being obstinate about this! wink

Abeg the guy spoke truth, it is just hitting you so hard. Is it the Awake! you share that hungry person will eat? Convert the money for all those fanciful storybooks into money for food for the starving and sick since your god is too powerless to do anything about it.
Re: Anti-atheism In Nigeria by LordReed(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2020
frank317:

Solid points.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up / How To Worship Goddess Artemis / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.