Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration (49508 Views)

Female Secret Facebook Group Sues Member For Breeching Of Confidentiality / Woman Sues Ex-Boyfriend After His ‘Abnormal Manhood Widened Her Private Part’ / Woman Paralysed After Falling Off Bed During Lovemaking, Sues Bed Company In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Phoenix999: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
A non-profit organisation, Lesbian Equality and Empowerment Initiative, has dragged the Corporate Affairs Commission before the Court of Appeal over the refusal of the CAC to register it.

Recall that LGBT activist, Pamela Adie, had in 2018 sued the CAC for refusing to register the organisation, but lost the case.

The activist said on Twitter that she had filed a notice of appeal on the judgement delivered by the Federal High Court.

She tweeted, “Notice of appeal has been filed in the case of Pamela Adie V CAC. As some of you may be aware, I applied to register a non-profit called Lesbian Equality and Empowerment Initiative but was denied by the Nigerian government agency, CAC, because it said ‘lesbian’ was offensive.

“I felt this was an infringement of my constitutional right to freedom of association. My team and I filed a suit against CAC in 2018 at the Federal High Court, Abuja.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/again-lesbian-group-sues-cac-over-non-registration/amp/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Phoenix999: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Cursed people... Daughters of Lillith!!!

210 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by snitchbitch: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
this is Nigeria, see how am living now, everybody be ...................

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by snitchbitch: 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
police station dey close at five o clock because of security reason

NEPA office is giving generators to best customers of the month

water corporations is using tanker to distribute water for everybody

after stealing our money, politicians come back to the street to spray us two hundred naira

THIS IS NIGERIA, SEE HOW I AM LIVING NOW, SEE HOW I AM EATING NOW, EVERYBODY BE ...............

don't blame LGBT, aren't hoes oloshos and slaymamas even more than decent girls?

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by HallaDaTruth: 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Phoenix999:
Caused people... Daughters of Lillith!!!
true. We are talking about better things, these lgbt are fighting for recognition as if that's the major issue facing Nigeria

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Slawormir: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

What da fuckkkk!

being human is about having the right to be who you are.
Don't discriminate against homosexuals

Nigerians are hypocrites. They are all claiming to be straight like spaghetti. Not until you heat spaghetti up before you realize it is not straight......
Damnnnnn.... Niggarrr........

Even the heterosexuality is not normal
It's just common

I bang ladies anyday anytime but that doesn't mean i should not respect homosexuals

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Bkolibo: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
This cannot be in Nigeria. They can't be pushing for something illegal

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Justinlean02(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wahala everywhere...
In other news
Twice, Nigeria faced travel ban from US in 1984 and 2020-under Reagan and Trump. Both times, Buhari was the President of Nigeria.
#History!

Ah wash my feet off this world headed to Venus, Jupiter, Pluto Bleep it just anywhere not earth

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by DTalented(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
I see
Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by wilemer: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Phoenix999:

The activist said on Twitter that she had filed a notice of appeal on the judgement delivered by the Federal High Court.

She tweeted, “Notice of appeal has been filed in the case of Pamela Adie V CAC. As some of you may be aware, I applied to register a non-profit called Lesbian Equality and Empowerment Initiative but was denied by the Nigerian government agency, CAC, because it said ‘lesbian’ was offensive.

“I felt this was an infringement of my constitutional right to freedom of association. My team and I filed a suit against CAC in 2018 at the Federal High Court, Abuja.”

This group is definitely foreign-sponsored. Expect them to fight this all the way to supreme court

19 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by marlow1962(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

What da fuckkkk
You don come again

7 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by DTalented(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kingpele:
H
H for Haram

2 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by OBAGADAFFI: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hope the lesbians will Physically appear in Court

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Mopolchi: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
I am suffering from this Okada ban in Lagos, these adults are crying for nonregistration of an immoral outfit

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by AfroKnight: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
I am interested in this case. A simple human right NGO Label would have sufficed but she wants to prove a point.

Register your NGO then lobby for the decriminalisation of LGBT activities. You cannot go in guns blazing to bully the CAC into registering an organisation that’s seeks to promote actions that are deemed criminal in Nigeria.

All around the world, LGBT guys are bullies and troublemakers. You dare not hold contrary opinions if you don’t want to lose your job or business. They ask for tolerance but are unrepentantly intolerant.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by OakConsultNG: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Interesting times..
The C.A.C reserves the right to refuse any application whose names are undesirable, offensive or contrary to public policy. The fundamental right the group is laying claim to is not without limitations, one of which is that of the CAC policy.
Let's wait for the Court's outcome.

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by BlackfireX: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Come to me I will ReGistER you..

3 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bobrisky and now this one.

please appeal court rule in their favour....let's move straight to other pressing issues in Nigeria.

I hate to see news distracting me from concentrating squarely on failures of buhari and Osinbajo as leaders.

Both are failures personified.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by flyca: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
This lady is wise!

She is preparing her documentation for seeking asylum in US or Canada. You are there cussing around grin cheesy

Kudos bae kiss

11 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Darnleypedro22: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Good they deserve rights

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by obembet(f): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
snitchbitch:
police station dey close at five o clock because of security reason

NEPA office is giving generators to best customers of the month

water corporations is using tanker to distribute water for everybody

after stealing our money, politicians come back to the street to spray us two hundred naira

THIS IS NIEGRIA, SEE HOW I AM LIVING NOW, SEE HOW I AM EATING NOW, EVERYBODY BE ...............

don't blame LGBT, aren't hoes oloshos and slaymamas even more than decent girls?

Not a joke but fact

2 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by DTalented(m): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
chrisifeanyi:
K
K for Kanu
Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Kendumazy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by cr7lomo: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Till u see urself for kirikiri , na that time the spirit of lesbianism go run comot for your body

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by nwamabo247(m): 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Na crazy they worry them, for this Nigeria?my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu state,12yrs ago in 2007 ihave a quadruplegic spinal cord injure which resulted in me been in bedridden condition and unable to move around no source of income yet because my fingers are partialy afected my family has suffer and spend so much this condition especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence for more details confirm me on Whatsapp +2348116591664 .thanks God bless

2 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by tizzle(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lesbianism is not legal in Nigeria... You will lose again. Try and have small sense.

18 Likes

Re: Lesbian Group Sues CAC Over Non-registration by Monaco2(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wow hmmm wat else?!?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: I Think My Boyfriend Is Fetish: Dear Valenciabaddie I'm Not A Ritualist / See What I Saw At A Lounge In Awka / Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.