Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (58842 Views)

I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by americaninja1: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Homeboiy:
Just tell us say the guy presence no de let u waka naked for house.

Food ah, God bless my mother, she hardly serve relatives food herself, she will tel u to go and dish the one u can finish ,.
girls of nowadays are just somehow. I can’t call all thrash tho little still get sense. Na 1 Congo of rice my mum dey cook cos my uncles and extended family dey come stay for our house. Dem go enter kitchen eat wat dey want. Everybody go dey sitting room laugh, joke, play . I love it wen we have full house cause of the lovely atmosphere. But u c 2day gurls, u spend one day for ur married brother house u don dey feel irritated with d wife territorial behavior, no 1 is dragging ause with u. Dem go dey swell lik today bread, squeeze mouth lik crocodile own. since my bro got married lik dis, I stopped going to his ause.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by kaima1984(f): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Baby relax,the above mentioned by you is not a big deal and will never be,forget about food and plan on how to develop your self, idleness is pushing you around,your marriage is too tender to have errors now,as you are lonely now pick up ur phone and Google sex position you will serve your husband tonight, don't know what's this fizz with women n kitchen,learn to tolerate people irrespective of their attitude nor character,that young man there has large appetite for food,he is not flexing power with you,if table get turned tomorrow you will start telling d world how stingy and ungrateful he is whereas you didn't allow him enjoy his liberty in d older brothers house,remember he will NEVER live with you forever.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Respect55(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
An average Nigerian house wife doesn't like seeing someone from the husband's side. This one is here making a fuss because the boy ate food and went to the kitchen to dish food. Madam, if he were ur brother, u would serve him before anything. Even go back to ask if he needs more.

If also the boy is asking you to serve him food, u will still complain that he is turning u to a maid.

Start a problem that u can't finish and ruin ur home by yourself.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Offpoint: 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
pocohantas:

I am fine, been around the world. Hope you are good too?
I'm good dear, have a nice time.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by GindoX(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
sonofanarchy:
be nice to him, suprise him with gift if possible take him out that way you can tell him in a playful way

Bro, what are you saying. She is complaining of ordinary food and you are talking about her buying him gift? Such attitude will appear strange to the guy. When someone is making you uncomfortable, tell him politely. Worse worse una go fight, but you don voice out. If na normal human being, him go readjust for you..

Na your husband house, okay? No let anyone dey do anyhow.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by frozen70(f): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:
I Need Advice About My Brother Inlaw Attitude

Hello good morning Nairalanders. I have been a guest and a member of this forum for quite some time now. I have equally seen and learnt from the inputs of many issues brought here especially family one. So I decided to create this new account.

I am a new married woman, my marriage is barely 3 months. Before we got married I and my husband agreed that visitors will not stay longer than 2 weeks in our home. Although he begged me that his immediate younger brother whom has been staying with him will stay for a while or comes to stay with us anytime he is on holidays.

I reluctantly agreed just for peace to reign. He shuttles between our home and my SIL homes for now. To cut the long story short, prior to when we got married that I go visit my then fiancé, anytime I cook this guy is fond of dipping his hands into my pot of soup or food without asking me and this is what I am not comfortable with and I really don't like it. I have sister in law too and I have sisters too anytime I go visiting I don't dip my hands into their pot of food without their consent I see it as something disrespectful.

Again, I couldn't talk then because I feel he may say 'ha dem never marry her she dun de get attitude', now he's continued the same attitude. Yesterday, I made food for the house, dished his own, he ate and slept off when he woke up late in the night he went to my pot again and spoilt my dishing spoon in the process. meanwhile I have not dished out my husband's meal.

Coincidentally, my husband came in from work at that moment and I was going to the kitchen to serve him his meal when I saw him doing what I don't like. When he saw me he said 'this spoon dun spoil '. I kept quiet. I later discussed with my husband, told him that I am not happy with the way his brother is entering my kitchen anyhow n because I am someone that don't like keeping things in my mind I like saying it out to free myself. When I told my husband he said we will talk in the morning.

This morning, the first thing this brother in law of mine was to go straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat. This is someone that will eat and keep the dishes, whenever he is around I don't stay in the living room anymore, my room and my phone is my companion because we stay in a one bedroom flat for now. He's giving me this attitude of it's my brother's house so I can do as I please, when he comes back he expects me to greet him first. I am not saying he cannot stay but my main issue is that he is tempering with my kitchen and trying to flex muscles with me.

Pls how do I handle this issue with my husband amicably because up till now he hasn't said anything and it's bothering me?

Politely tell him that you want him to stop going to your pot and will appreciate if he needs any thing from the pot, he should let you know and you did prefer to dish yourself

He may be the glutton type and eats any how

At this stage, you don't need husband permission to do that, it's your home and your kitchen is exclusively your rightful place and you have to let him know that even your husband doesn't go to your pot

Be firm and stand on your feet, no body will support any body going to a woman's pot without her permission

Let him go and report you to his family, if they call you, say it to them just the way you told him and say it in his front and his presence

It's time you say out the things you don't like and stand up and defend it

As for your husband, don't give him that chance to surpress your decision, he is the type that loves protecting his family rather than his wife

Don't get scared, you owe no one explanation

3 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by farady(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2020
OP the only way to go is for you to make friends with your BIL full-stop. Trying to report him to your hubby repeated may will send the wrong signals and it is tantamount to creating bad blood between the brothers.

Just be nice to the guy, with time you can now be able to tell in calmly that you don't like some attitudes and behaviour of his and then you point them out. BTW there is nothing wrong if he dishes food to eat, if he is hungry, however you tell him that dipping his hand or fingers into the pot is not good and is unhygienic for food everyone will eat.

If you are friends with him, with time he can even give you space (privacy) to do what you like, cause that could be another latent issue which you don't want to voice (as guy men here don decode cheesy)

But sincerely, if na ya blodder, are you telling us that you will not find away around, without even your husband knowing? You don marry oh! so try and accommodate some things. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Ghosted419: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

Hello good morning Nairalanders. I have been a guest and a member of this forum for quite some time now. I have equally seen and learnt from the inputs of many issues brought here especially family one. So I decided to create this new account.

I am a new married woman, my marriage is barely 3 months. Before we got married I and my husband agreed that visitors will not stay longer than 2 weeks in our home. Although he begged me that his immediate younger brother whom has been staying with him will stay for a while or comes to stay with us anytime he is on holidays.

I reluctantly agreed just for peace to reign. He shuttles between our home and my SIL homes for now. To cut the long story short, prior to when we got married that I go visit my then fiancé, anytime I cook this guy is fond of dipping his hands into my pot of soup or food without asking me and this is what I am not comfortable with and I really don't like it. I have sister in law too and I have sisters too anytime I go visiting I don't dip my hands into their pot of food without their consent I see it as something disrespectful.

Again, I couldn't talk then because I feel he may say 'ha dem never marry her she dun de get attitude', now he's continued the same attitude. Yesterday, I made food for the house, dished his own, he ate and slept off when he woke up late in the night he went to my pot again and spoilt my dishing spoon in the process. meanwhile I have not dished out my husband's meal.

Coincidentally, my husband came in from work at that moment and I was going to the kitchen to serve him his meal when I saw him doing what I don't like. When he saw me he said 'this spoon dun spoil '. I kept quiet. I later discussed with my husband, told him that I am not happy with the way his brother is entering my kitchen anyhow n because I am someone that don't like keeping things in my mind I like saying it out to free myself. When I told my husband he said we will talk in the morning.

This morning, the first thing this brother in law of mine was to go straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat. This is someone that will eat and keep the dishes, whenever he is around I don't stay in the living room anymore, my room and my phone is my companion because we stay in a one bedroom flat for now. He's giving me this attitude of it's my brother's house so I can do as I please, when he comes back he expects me to greet him first. I am not saying he cannot stay but my main issue is that he is tempering with my kitchen and trying to flex muscles with me.

Pls how do I handle this issue with my husband amicably because up till now he hasn't said anything and it's bothering me?

You are just a selfish lady. You think only of yourself without regards for others. People like you are not easily satisfied, you create problems with ease, even if your brother in-law stops this attitude. You’d still be puked because of your desire and self fear of his family. What you need is a dip in a cold stream to flush your mind of every self inflicted hatred and build your home in love and complete acceptance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by grandstar(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:
Mehn these are shallow, infinitesimal issues I personally feel if u ain’t the the classic “me and my husband alone kinda woman” this isn’t worth loosing ur peace over let alone creating a thread to rant

He went to the kitchen he ddnt tell me, ordinary food, did he eat everything and not leave any for u and ur husband??

he put the spoon somehow, the spoon is bend, it’s broken..... Spoon... as in ordinary 100naira spoon!!!

He wants me to greet him first..did he say so??...oh please! This is the lamest one...
what’s the big deal about saying hello and chatting when u see a person.

see, don’t get me wrong, I know we have different tolerance and organizing style as humans...and sometimes it sort of bothers some people more than normal when outsiders invade their space.....but these issues are so unimportant people will just say u are not accommodating at the end of the day.....

Madam let it go....a little accommodating spirit will make the issues u raised unimportant to you

Unless it’s really not about the spoons and pot of soup...if it’s probably because the guy isn’t allowing u moan as loud as u want or feel free in ur house with short skimpy clothes...just tell ur husband... I trust my guy.......

What is wrong is wrong. I don't need to be told not to go near the pot in someone else's house unless giving 100% liberty to do so. Even at that, I won't abuse it.

Has your father never given you eye before? Must someone scream the house down before you know when you should show self discipline and maturity? Can he enter his mother's pot anyhow?

Your SIL is not a door mat! Stop treating her as one. She and your brother are one. She is even above your parents in God's eye. Don't you realize that what God has yoked together, no one must put asunder?

If she decides to declare mental, he will definitely stop. If he is proving stubborn and she decides to blow the lead on what he does in the kitchen, shame no go catch am?

She will say, "Stop deeping your hand into my pot. I don't like it. Go and do that in your mother's house, in your mother's pot. I won't take it here. The other day you deeped your hand before I even served my husband, your senior brother. What kind of rubbish is that!?"

The boy too will shout back, "I have the right to deep my hand in the pot. I have every right! I have every right to take all the meat inside. No be we marry you? You this shameless woman! I am your husband's brother. Better know your place. If you stop me next time, you'll see what I will do to you. My girlfriend will even join me to correct you. You don't know there's nothing wrong if I put my hand in your soup pot?"

Mariangeles:

The bolded turned out to be true.
Why were you not honest from the start?
You pretended so you could complete your mission.
You said it yourself that you hate bottling up issues inside, but you bottle up when it's not convenient for you to say your mind right?

And so?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2020
Simran94:

Stop that. The husband should be the First person to be dished his food cooked by the wife and not a brother or whoever.

I don’t know where u got this part from....?? Did she say immediately she finish her cooking the brother inlaw goes into the pot before she can even take for her husband??

Let’s even leave this part first...u attach so much importance to food.... where did I get this law from that the husband must be first to be dished food.... what’s the big deal if u cook and u are the first to eat or u give ur inlaw first... what if ur husband isn’t back yet??
If that isn’t a sign of respect to you.... well all well and good for you
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by BarristerAlarig: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:
Mehn these are shallow, infinitesimal issues I personally feel if u ain’t the the classic “me and my husband alone kinda woman” this isn’t worth loosing ur peace over let alone creating a thread to rant

He went to the kitchen he ddnt tell me, ordinary food, did he eat everything and not leave any for u and ur husband??

he put the spoon somehow, the spoon is bend, it’s broken..... Spoon... as in ordinary 100naira spoon!!!

He wants me to greet him first..did he say so??...oh please! This is the lamest one...
what’s the big deal about saying hello and chatting when u see a person.

see, don’t get me wrong, I know we have different tolerance and organizing style as humans...and sometimes it sort of bothers some people more than normal when outsiders invade their space.....but these issues are so unimportant people will just say u are not accommodating at the end of the day.....

Madam let it go....a little accommodating spirit will make the issues u raised unimportant to you

Unless it’s really not about the spoons and pot of soup...if it’s probably because the guy isn’t allowing u moan as loud as u want or feel free in ur house with short skimpy clothes...just tell ur husband... I trust my guy.......

God bless you. Like what's the issue with entering the Kitchen to dish out his own food??

Like OP wants him to always report to her and ask her to dish his food.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by SharpD: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2020
Madam ,the main issue here is that you are not comfortable with a third party in your home at this early stage of your marriage and can deduce it from your last paragraph. May be you would have wanted to explore your husband the more and be more expressive when you are alone with your husband. To make matters worst, you are staying in a one bedroom flat which means the sitting room has been converted to your BIL bedroom. Just manage the situation and treat him as your brother since you had earlier agreed with your husband to accommodate him.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by osborn4u: 11:18am On Feb 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Get busy, that's the only wisdom you need.

I've never seen a busy woman with a job or business that takes her out of the house from morning till evening, bothered about who is opening her pot.

Busy women just prepare the food and are very happy they don't have to dish it also when they have places to be and other things to be doing.

If you're so bothered about your BIL finishing your soup/stew and protein, then cook and package some of it for storage. Also take out your husband's portion and store it in a flask or container to warm it when he's ready to eat.. The only quantity of food you should leave in the pot is that which is for your BIL and he can go to it and eat it anytime he likes.
The only thing you can tell him is to ensure he cleans his plates when he's done, it's a simple request - you can even say it casually and in a playful manner.

This is how you handle visitors who are staying for extended periods.

I don't know if women don't teach their daughters how to act in their matrimonial homes anymore. undecided
Everything must turn to fight with you young women.
You have spoken pure undiluted wisdom. I don't know why some women are so intolerant. Any little thing can get them angry. For example, go to female hostels in schools and see petty issues that causes serious strife and quarrels, spoons, pillow, buckets... Kai, na wa oo

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by sorepco(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2020
Her kitchen is her issue and not his presence in di house.....how can u be fighting kitchen with a woman? That guy is a bad brother...

Kollyman:
If this guy were to be your own brother, would you have reported him to your hubby or creat a thread for it?

I know of people who poisoned their husband's mind towards their siblings and they were chased out of the house.

Today, everyone is on their own and even married but the intolerant madam cannot even pick her phone to call any of these guys when there was issue.

Please correct him in love and learn to be tolerant.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by princejones(m): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2020
The young boy have no respect, courtesy it have itself demand he respect his brother's wife kitchen, my own immediate younger brother can't try it in my house.speak up dear

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Mariangeles(f): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2020
grandstar:

What is wrong is wrong. I don't need to be told not to go near the pot in someone else's house unless giving 100% liberty to do so. Even at that, I won't abuse it.

Has your father never given you eye before? Must someone scream the house down before you know when you should show self discipline and maturity? Can he enter his mother's pot anyhow?

Your SIL is not a door mat! Stop treating her as one. She and your brother are one. She is even above your parents in God's eye. Don't you realize that what God has yoked together, no one must put asunder?

If she decides to declare mental, he will definitely stop. If he is proving stubborn and she decides to blow the lead on what he does in the kitchen, shame no go catch am?

She will say, "Stop deeping your hand into my pot. I don't like it. Go and do that in your mother's house, in your mother's pot. I won't take it here. The other day you deeped your hand before I even served my husband, your senior brother. What kind of rubbish is that!?"

The boy too will shout back, "I have the right to deep my hand in the pot. I have every right! I have every right to take all the meat inside. No be we marry you? You this shameless woman! I am your husband's brother. Better know your place. If you stop me next time, you'll see what I will do to you. My girlfriend will even join me to correct you. You don't know there's nothing wrong if I put my hand in your soup pot?"

And so?

Are you the OP's handpiece?
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by lucky4west: 11:21am On Feb 06, 2020
tell him you do not like his attitude regarding the kitchen, approach him gently do not make it seems u are challenging him, he is doing this intentionally trying to provoke a quarrel because he sees you as a competitor for space and attention in that house, he is yet to deal with the reality...my wife would have had similar issue but i quickly sent my sister away before anything could develop and my wife was surprised how i knew she was not comfortable with my sis entering and dishing for herself any how or expecting my wife to greet first etc...alternatively tell his brother to put the marker down firmly, your husband is actually the right person to straighten his brother not you so u wont inherit unnecessary beef

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by shekauvsbuhari: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2020
Madam, U re just a me and my husband type of woman. What is food pls. What is spoon broken? And next u say he waits for u to greet him first. Nonsence reasons. Before u married his bro, who was greetin firt? Call ur bro inlaw, talk to him calmly to respect ur pot. But U shud drop ur me n my husband attitude n learn to be accomodating.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Fisher007: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

I shouldn't give you this advice, cause as a lady you should know what to do.

Advice 1:
The neck controls the head without the head even noticing.

Advice 2:
You are a lady. You know how to make small and short meal for two and half. Meaning you specify to your in-law that the food left is for Oga.

Or you prepare meal when oga is almost home. To ensure he eats it.

The two is for you and the half is for him incase he wants to complain.

Advice 3:
Use your femine trait and power, you have it. When oga don satisfy discuss with oga the wey serpent discussed with you wey you take convince am for the garden. Lol

Although this should be the last option oo. Lmao
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by ebuclassic18(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2020
If the guy happens to be your brother I guess u won't complain,making problems out of nothing,that guy is nice that's why he's free with you he has nothing against you all u should do is talk with him not even talk to him,I thought this kind of matter don't exist anymore in this modern age

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Spectrum22: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2020
Charleys:
You are still another girlfriend to his brother and when your time comes you will leave.

Your husband needs to talk to him and tell him that you are a different person that you are not his other girlfriends that he brings to the house, maybe he still has that mentality.

I stayed in my brother's house for two years I no even behave like this. I dey look for how to impress make madam no vex influence brother (through sex) make him comot me for house grin

I saw ladies come and go but when this particular one came no be person tell me to behave. Now they're married. If I want to go stay there for two weeks they'll still beg me not to go home because my record there no one has broken. Not even her relatives.

Life na wisdom.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by adanny01(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2020
madridguy:
You're a very honest woman for admitted he has been doing same thing before you married his brother.
To me this is where you got it wrong. So you think telling him to stop dipping his hand into your food may disqualify you from marrying his brother. Now saying it now will be like after my brother don marry her yanga don start.

Me as a person, wetin i no go gree 100 years time na today i go dey shout NO.

My suggestion, call the guy and talk to him in a calm manner and let him know you don't like seeing him inside your kitchen especially opening your pot of food/soup. Make sure your husband no dey when you go reason him.

Best advice so far.

Except that she must be willing to wake up at midnight and serve him food if he wants to eat at that time.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by GindoX(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Learn to tolerate your horseband's family.

Keep tolerating and be at PEACE with them. Shebi it is just food. His brother's house for that matter.

Naija women and pseudo-humility. Don't get tired yet. You started it, finish it. grin grin

She should finish it ? grin I support that too! When una dey bleep, you tell us here... Madam face it jaree... I suggest your confront the stubborn brother in-law and tell him to his face. If he misbehave land am heavy slap.

He go dey fear you. grin okare omo dada.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by sorepco(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2020
Eat wen he is hungry? U guys de joke. A woman's kitchen?
cococandy:
I’m sorry I don’t know what to tell you. I’m trying to be sympathetic because you must be troubled to have brought it here.

The question is: Can he not eat when he’s hungry? Does he have to ask you first? If finance is the problem, Maybe ask your husband to discuss with him on how he can contribute. If he’s not in a financial position to contribute then that means you and your husband must provide for him while he’s there. In which case, only have guests that you can afford to care for.

I don’t think it’s nice to expect him to ask permission every time he’s hungry. Unless he’s a minor. And even then I wouldn’t do that. But it would be a bit more understandable since a minor might not be very hygienic in the kitchen and stuff like that.

Food is such an important aspect of life that I’d hate to restrict anyone’s access to it. I think he’d be more comfortable and at home if he can eat whenever he’s hungry without asking permission
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

like I said before I spent the yuletide season in their family house and never will he do that. i m very positive about that . how comes he is doing this now??

Talk to your husband about it. Let him deal with his brother.

It is your home, not the home of your brother in law. He should respect himself and comport himself accordingly.

The Yorubas have a saying, "kole je ti baba t'omo ko ma l'aala".

Something can't belong to father and son without there being some sort of demarcation to limit access.

You can't say this is my father's house and then go and join your parents on their matrimonial bed.

You can't say this is my brother's house and then start opening pots of soup cooked by the wife anyhow.

That's just rude.

"Our wife" "our wife"...e get limit abeg.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by xrayj(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2020
bukatyne:

I don't know what you are about however, a man not ready to leave his family and cleave to his wife should marry him fam2.

Ditto a wife.
How old are u?
U people talk like children
Because a man wants to get married he should abandon his family? Are u aware unforseen occurrence can happen to that man tomorrow leaving the wife & kids at the mercy of his family members? There should always be a balance! The way u people reason at times sha! I guess u don't have a brother

1 Like

Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2020
Women should learn to be tolerant at times. This is your husband brother for crying out load. He is just trying to be free with u. Assuming he start ordering you to help him get something to eat you will label him as arrogant and disrespecful. There are somethings u overlook to draw ur husband family closer so that when your husband starts misbehaving u can have people u can report him to in the family
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Ikpongiton: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2020
you are a useless and selfish woman.how much is a pot of soup?why not employ a security man to guard it for you.your mates are making millions while you are grieving about soup and stew
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2020
grandstar:

Oh.... u are one of those “my pot”women too ....

I don’t get how you are equating treating a human as door mat to taking food from kitchen..madam it’s just food...the way u ladies are shouting “pot is just irritating” it show control complex...and it’s not a good thing

.the guy is family for crying out loud....that’s what women like u cant bring ur mind to accommodate... ur brother inlaw is ur family.... u won’t get angry if ur own brother comes to ur kitchen at ur back... why? It’s because it’s not a big deal....so why get angry cos it’s ur inlaw...

This woman is petty and unaccommodating ... it was clear when she started ranting about ordinary greeting and spoon.....

See... my take on this issue is simple... if u are an accommodating person who sees her husband’s relative as family... this issue is no issue at all...
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by Spectrum22: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2020
Iwantpeace:

no pls it's not all about that! do u know when I am not around this guy does whatever he likes at home.finish everything he sees. I just came back from the market now to look for what to cook later in the afternoon. I perceived smoke in the whole house, this guy has fried yam n ate all of it, washed the plate and left the others the way I saw it. as in from 8am -12pm he has eaten 2times not even minding if I have eaten once or not. haba!!
Don't let relatives ruin your home. Pray ooo.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by howmarket2: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2020
Promomarlie:

Hanty you the characteristics of wicked house wife, I'm sure it won't be a problem if your own sister dish her own food. And you will never agree to dish his food and take it to him and clear his table, [b][/b] So why can't he dish his own, did he eat all the meat? Abeg let the young man be. Marriage that God has not even started blessing you, you have already put time frame for family. Wife will come and go but brother will remain be it good or bad. When you said smoke I thought is, Indian Hemp was very surprised to hear na only yam frying smoke you dey complain for, the last person I know who pass this road you won pass (my uncle wife) is still childless. Be Warned, love and open mindedness is key to a lot of marital blessings
even if na indian hemp way the guy smoke for room.no be him senior brother way be the woman husband teach am to smoke.are the not brothers.women are so so so wicked.
Re: My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup by ClassicLysia(f): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2020
I have been in your shoes before... If your husband respects you he will call his brother to order. If he doesn't then call the guy and talk to him in a polite manner. You can as well put your remnants in the fridge and lock it up till the next meal time

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? / Meet Mariam Nabatanzi Who Has 42 Children: 'Uganda's Most Fertile Woman' / Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.