Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner (3887 Views)

What's Your Opinion About This: Jobless Fellows Who Marry To Avoid Sexual Sins. / Six Mates to Marry To Enjoy Marital Bliss / Stop Condemning/judging Ladies That Wish To Marry To A Rich Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Skmoda360(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2020
Sense is far from this girl sha...so she went back to lying dude cuz of money......ah!!! I fear oooo

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by ValCon888: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2020
Op, at the end of the day do what you want. The innovation in health has made it possible to live a happy live with an HIV partner.

But remember...as you lay your bed so you'll lie on it.
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Helooo we're still saying the same thing but with different scenarios.

She's marrying this man against all odds for similar reasons ( security) your neighbor married her crippled hubby and not for love. Which still boils down to having ulterior motives which doesn't spell true love.
Ok...if she truly loves the man, why is she seeking means to be careful not to contract the disease. Why not damn the consequence and just go through without caution since the love is driving her crazy.
Someone is meticulously planning to secure a lifetime financial security without getting stung in the process and you tell me " she adjust her mind to any condition" then why being careful? Why not adjust to living with the disease incase she contracts it? To me, this is not love but a Careful plan to 'eat her cake and have it". Selfish motive.

You are wicked oooo...lol.... you own proof of love so to not care about having the disease..?? They should be both positive together?? This is highly wrong and most fallacy-impaired statement I’ve ever heard..
You are not being rational here....if she doesn’t have the disease the chances of having children that will be negative will be higher......even if they don’t want kids it’s not good for both to be HIV positive, it’s not economical seff

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by okk4sure: 10:56am On Feb 06, 2020
B wise,bcs its easier said dan done.D burden of taken PEP especially fr d first timer and thorough screening dat will followed if u are exposed.Do u tink its easy taking Antiretroviral drugs?May b u need to visit nearest Hospital dat av section fr it fr consultation bfr u make up ur mind.D stigma alone........!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Teerach: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2020
Quick questions.
1. What is your worth?
2. Where is your worth?
You're gonna get played girl. I just know. I wish we could bet.
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by partnerbizn4(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Helooo we're still saying the same thing but with different scenarios.

She's marrying this man against all odds for similar reasons ( security) your neighbor married her crippled hubby and not for love. Which still boils down to having ulterior motives which doesn't spell true love.
Ok...if she truly loves the man, why is she seeking means to be careful not to contract the disease. Why not damn the consequence and just go through without caution since the love is driving her crazy.
Someone is meticulously planning to secure a lifetime financial security without getting stung in the process and you tell me " she adjust her mind to any condition" then why being careful? Why not adjust to living with the disease incase she contracts it? To me, this is not love but a Careful plan to 'eat her cake and have it". Selfish motive.
Is there really anything like unconditional love?
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

You don't know why? Go and read from the part 1 of her story. You'll know why she's going through the stress of marrying a HIV positive partner. Ulterior motive things.
Ah no wonder... She wants to eat her cake and still have it
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:

You are wicked oooo...lol.... you own proof of love so to not care about having the disease..?? They should be both positive together?? This is highly wrong and most fallacy-impaired statement I’ve ever heard..
You are not being rational here....if she doesn’t have the disease the chances of having children that will be negative will be higher......even if they don’t want kids it’s not good for both to be HIV positive, it’s not economical seff

You don't seem to get my point here do you?

I'm not saying she must contract the disease to prove her love for him but that there's no way she'll not contract the disease in the long run, no matter how careful she tries to thread.
Now, Instead of going through the stress of being careful and all that, why not drop it? Thats my point. And if she must go ahead, let her just forget seeking precautive measures because if she's frank to herself, theres no way she can be 100% careful cos the man may loose guards and not even be bothered about being careful again once he marries her.
Who has time for all that measures for long.

She knows what she doing. This one is not love venture but biz venture.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Ah no wonder... She wants to eat her cake and still have it

Exactly! "Eat her cake and have it."

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Foodqueen(f): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2020
You again tongue

Nothing we type here will make you change your mind. Go ahead.
If you were so comfortable with HIV partner, why were you crying d first time you found out. Why did you run to the hospital for test and went back again after 3months.

Go ahead ,marry him,I give you 6months, he go show you weeeeen.......

Go to HIV dating thread here on nl, u will see a lady that got married to HIV positive partner like herself. Yeah right....you will think the marriage will be blissful, the man show her pepper cos he believe he married him cos she had no other choice.

Yesty, you were planning to break up with him, today you are shopping for wedding dress.shiorrr...,..

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

You don't seem to get my point here do you?

I'm not saying she must contract the disease to prove her love for him but that there's no way she'll not contract the disease in the long run, no matter how careful she tries to thread.
Now, Instead of going through the stress of being careful and all that, why not drop it? Thats my point. And if she must go ahead, let her just forget seeking precautive measures because if she's frank to herself, theres no way she can be 100% careful cos the man may loose guards and not even be bothered about being careful again once he marries her.
Who has time for all that measures for long.

She knows what she doing. This one is not love venture but biz venture.

Are u saying that doing this for money is the only reason she’s curious about the possibility of not having the disease??
See, I don’t know her, she might be doing it for money... but I don’t know and I don’t have proof..

At the same time weda it’s for money or love... we are all humans there’s no how she won’t think of the down side of what she’s about to do and to think of the best way to live with the man...

I personally feel that for her to be thinking of ways she won’t get the disease means she planning on being with him for a very long time perhaps for ever....... if it’s only about money, she could always ensure they have protected sex for the short period of her plan and kill the dude later and inherit his money..:
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2020
Casalinda:
Good morning beautiful people. I urgently need help on how I can get marry to a positive partner, and as a lady without getting infected and still have kids?? I’m at the cross road.

see this one u Neva Even see symptoms of pregnancy u dey build castle for air talking about kids ... u are about to see inside life .
shebi u no wan hear advice not to marry that guy . if u no conceive u go see red pepper
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2020
partnerbizn4:

Is there really anything like unconditional love?

Yes, there is.

I'll tell you from personal experience so you know how it works.

I was dating guy (now an ex) then. We didnt have a job, he was squatting with a friend, I was living alone. He didn't have much to offer, yet I loved him so much. This is unconditional cos nothing is making me hold on to the relationship except what I felt for him. Even after I got a job, still loved him and the relationship waxed stronger.
Along the line, a very rich and young youth pastor came along, and the mommies in church tried to convince me with he's rich, the father is rich (they are actually wealthy) he's every sisters dream man bla blah.. Now these were conditions that could have made me go for this guy but the love was not just there. While we were courting ( the christian way, we only meet in church as a pastor) I was still seeing my guy. When I couldn't stomach it anymore, I texted him that I'm no longer interested. That he should look for Someone else. And I focused on my guy.

The other daddies quickly arranged a sister for him and they got married and relocated to the abroad but you know what? I dont regret it one bit cos the love was not there and I dont go after a man because of what he has. And there are several other girls like that too.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by ruffkenny: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2020
Fantasy Island
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
[quote author=1StopRudeness post=86423007]

Are u saying that doing this for money is the only reason she’s curious about the possibility of not having the disease??
See, I don’t know her, she might be doing it for money... but I don’t know and I don’t have proof..

At the same time weda it’s for money or love... we are all humans there’s no how she won’t think of the down side of what she’s about to do and to think of the best way to live with the man...

I personally feel that for her to be thinking of ways she won’t get the disease means she planning on being with him for a very long time perhaps for ever....... if it’s only about money, she could always ensure they have protected sex for the short period of her plan and kill the dude later and inherit his money..:[/quote]

LOL @bolded..... I think you're taking this thing too far..

I'm not saying for facts that that is her motive. Just speculating like everyone else. And also replying the man who asked why she would rather go through all these stress to be with a HIV partner. Which I dont think its worth it except if there's are gains to it.

Shes here scheming out measures, has she even thought of the man's plans?

See I'm done with this lady's matter cos I can't seem to wrap my head around the reason for this kind of venture. Best known to her. After all I'm not the one riding an SUV ir wearing the diamond jewelries the guy got for her. So why go on racking my brain.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Yes, there is.

I was dating guy (now an ex) then. We didnt have a job, he was squatting with a friend, I was living alone. He didn't have much to offer, yet I loved him so much. This is unconditional cos nothing is making me hold on to the relationship except what I felt for him. Even after I got a job, still loved him and the relationship waxed stronger.
Along the line, a very rich and young youth pastor came along, and the mommies in church tried to convince me with he's rich, the father is rich (they are actually wealthy) he's every sisters dream man bla blah.. Now these were conditions that could have made me go for this guy but the love was not just there. While we were courting ( the christian way, we only meet in church as a pastor) I was still seeing my guy. When I couldn't stomach it anymore, I texted him that I'm no longer interested. That he should look for Someone else. And I focused on my guy.

The other daddies quickly arranged a sister for him and they got married and relocated to the abroad but you know what? I dont regret it one bit cos the love was not there and I dont go after a man because of what he has. And there are several other girls like that too.

are you married now to that ur guy

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
Dee9977:

are you married now to that ur guy

Thats not the theme of the story. I used that story to explain unconditional love and not to portray a "happy after ending "

Una too like amebo for this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by centboy123456(m): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2020
cRobo:
Yeah its possible

But you and children will be expose and eventually get the HIV

what u are saying it very wrong

op yes u can still get married to an HIV positive person and still not get u and ur baby won't get it as long as the person take it drugs
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by SenecaTheYonger: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
I don't know
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by sseunth(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2020
1StopRudeness:

So you already know....if he hasn’t checked into a hospital and register, He should do so. The drugs are free. It will keep his viral load down to the extent he won’t be able to infect another even with skin diving sex....but they will advice u guys to have protected sex more .....

u need to help him monitor and keep a strict drug using pattern otherwise his cd4 count will go down and he will infect you and baby to come....

I salute ur courage and ability to take on such a dangerous Life long task knowing the risk..I dont know if I should call u crazy, in-love or both....

All the same, I wish u luck....
crazily in love
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by MrCork: 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
Casalinda:
Good morning beautiful people. I urgently need help on how I can get marry to a positive partner, and as a lady without getting infected and still have kids?? I’m at the cross road.

best advice
..0000ooo yes u can...but don't let him pour inside!
cheesy
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by partnerbizn4(m): 2:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Yes, there is.

Lol

Well, let me tell you now that the phrase unconditional love is illusory.

Even the love of God isn't unconditional love.

Did you know that the way that poor guy treats you and the feelings you have for him and how he makes you feel is enough condition?

The problem you have is that you have yet to understand that the "feelings" can be likened to 200m dollars.

In the wake of my sister's wedding she said, other richer guys were coming but she chose this guy because in her words " he is the only one that listens and understands".

To her, she values someone who is just okay financially and LISTENS over someone who has money excessively but doesn't listen.

Again, some women might stay with a guy they feel has prospects even while the guy is currently poor.
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Chinyerelove: 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
not worth the risk
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by franklyncj: 9:24am On Feb 07, 2020
the virus can be totally eradicated from your partners system, if your stories are true. will direct you . pm me if you are interested.
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]Why stress yourself with an HiV positive partner? People just like courting troubles for themselves[/s]

What an ignorant, intolerant, judgemental and hateful post
Grow up please
I wish I could serve you to the strong and hefty HIV men I know - they would beat you to a pulp for condemning them to their deaths angry
Like you are sure you are living till forever and that they are dying tomorrow? SMH
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2020
[s]
merahki:

What an ignorant, intolerant, judgemental and hateful post
Grow up please
I wish I could serve you to the strong and hefty HIV men I know - they would beat you to a pulp for condemning them to their deaths angry
Like you are sure you are living till forever and that they are dying tomorrow? SMH
[/s]

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 07, 2020
Dear poster,
HIV is not a sure death sentence. One could have the virus and be hit by a car and die before the symptoms of HIV manifest.
A HIV positive person can live out his full years while another man who is negative could have his life cut short prematurely
Importantly, there is the concept of discordance where partners (one positive and one negative) stay together for a long period without the negative one getting the virus. This can occur naturally (this is rarer: some peopl have badas.s immunity and genes) and can also be produced artificially (by the couple taking preventive measures -drugs, barriers, space, etc to prevent the negative one from being infected). I have seen and managed a couple who have been discordant for more than 10 years myself (even though it may be easier to deal with two positive partners)

This might not be foolproof, but life itself is a gamble
I enjoyed reading your stories about your infected man (he lied by not disclosing his status, that was very bad and unfortunate but you forgave him and didn’t get infected and he has shown you how sorry he is about the whole situation, yes?)
I honestly didn’t get why you were asked to return your presents from a guy you apparently love the way you do? shocked lipsrsealed
Even if you are after his money (totally your business)? You have shown a single-mindedness, dedication and courage towards it that is commendable. For what it’s worth? I don’t think you are after his money. I think you fell for his whole package despite the disease

So I say, do you! The only time I would say don’t marry him is if he takes you for granted. Because I know many women would marry him at the drop of a hat (he may divulge his status to them or not). Or if you are not sure of yourself.
Good luck
Stay safe if you marry him...and should you on that chance get infected? Know it’s not a death sentence
Many diseases kill faster than HIV
You guys have available resources to ensure you live long lives (positivity is one of them, and it’s free. Money is another, and it’s available to diamond levels to him)

It’s your life, live it
Curious nosey entry from me though (2 questions)
1. Do you think he is in love with you? Why/why not?
2. Has he asked you to marry him?
Please reply Casalinda
(this is just like in the movies/not the usual way in our climes and so I am curious cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Analysiscorner: 10:51am On Feb 07, 2020
How serious is the hiv? I mean, has it developed into Aids? Like some have written, if your partner adheres to the treatment, he won't be able to transfer it to you. But there are some drugs for you too, just to be double sure.
If there is love there, that is you like his type of person and he is honest about his hiv status, you can go on and marry him. It is highly unlikely that you will be infected with the virus if he sticks to the anti retroviral drugs that reduces his viral load and put the remaining ones in a coma like condition. If you love him and this is the only thing standing between you and marrying him, please marry him and let him first continue with his treatment (no failure or missing of his drugs could be tolerated). Good luck
Also, visit doctors in hiv and aids department to give you the best advice.
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 07, 2020
Dee9977:

see this one u Neva Even see symptoms of pregnancy u dey build castle for air talking about kids ... u are about to see inside life .
shebi u no wan hear advice not to marry that guy . if u no conceive u go see red pepper

They can adopt too
That’s if IVF which they have the money for fails
No?
Life is not always black or white
Some see in between, some see colours etc
Cheers
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by clooafrica: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
INTRODUCTION TO IN VITRO FERTILIZATION (IVF)
1. INDICATIONS FOR IVF
Assisted reproduction technology encompasses several techniques to by-pass the problems preventing conception through the normal sexual intercourse in a stable relationship. The commonest assisted reproduction method is IVF. This refers to the assemblage of procedure culminating in the retrieval of human oocyte(eggs) which is approximated to potentiated spermatozoa in a test tube (In vitro) in a laboratory condition equilibrated to the same physiological condition as obtains in the normal human environment (in vivo, within the womb). It thus involves fertilization outside the human body and without sexual intercourse.
In vitro Fertilization (IVF) has enhanced the possibility of pregnancy even in situations thought to be impossible until four decades ago when the first baby, Louisa Brown in Great Manchester City, United Kingdom, was born using this technology.
When selecting cases for IVF, the initial diagnostic approach is directed at separating absolutely infertile patients from potentially fertile ones. For example, in cases of bilateral blockage of the Fallopian tubes that are not repairable, refractory (not responsive) anovulation (absence of ovulation), absence of motile sperm or very low sperm count, the couple is absolutely infertile and IVF is the only option.
Those who are potentially fertile are treatable by artificial insemination(IUI) but may fail to conceive after a period of time, appropriate for their age( due to defective egg, sperm, or embryo; patent but malfunctioned tubes; failure of fertilization), IVF is the only alternative as there are no tests to confirm these barriers.
Female Factor
The female is said to have the problem in 30% of cases of infertility, the male also in 30% while 20% is from the contribution by both parties. The commonest cause of infertility, particularly in our environment is tubal problems and most patients requiring IVF suffer from tubal disease. Tubal surgery is usually not an effective, especially where there is peritubal adhesions, thickening of the tubal wall, irreparable damage to the ciliary epithelium within the tubes, and severely damaged fimbria (ends) of the tube. When there is pathological swelling of one or both tubes, Hydrosalpinx, may result in a 50% decline in implantation rate during IVF and may require surgery prior to the procedure. A high level of chlamydial antibody indicates tubal disease as Chlamydia can present as an asymptomatic infection while causing silent ciliary damage in the tubes.
Chances of successful IVF are less in abnormally shaped uterine cavities than in a normally shaped small uterine cavity. Hence fibroid encroaching into the uterine cavity should be removed prior to IVF.
Another condition that may require IVF is endometriosis, a situation where active endometrial tissues (Tissues that line the womb of a woman) are found anywhere other than the endometrial cavity. In this condition, the IVF results are similar no matter the severity of the condition, and the success rate is less than that of women with tubal factor.
Age is a major determinant of fertility outcome. This is due to the waning ovarian that is associated with aging. In advanced ovarian age, as detected by increased cycle day 3 FSH(Follicle Stimulating Hormone) or Estradiol levels, there is reduced IVF outcome and egg donation or modified IVF stimulation protocols are alternatives.
Male factor
If the total sperm count is < 10million, sperm motility is < 30%, or there is abnormal spermatozoon morphology >60%, IVF is indicated. In severe male factor infertility, either of the obstructive or non-obstructive type, micromanipulation techniques can be used with IVF to achieve pregnancy.
In the presence of anti-sperm antibodies, if there is no conception with immunosuppressive drugs, the use of condoms and IUI patients are advised for IVF.
In unexplained infertility, if the patient fails to conceive after 6 cycles of IUI and superovulation(use of drugs to increase the number of follicles that get to maturation in each cycle), or if the woman is greater than 35 years, IVF is advised.
IVF gives better results in young women and success declines in women greater than 40 years due to oocyte problems like genetic or chromosomal defects. Age factor, therefore, should be kept in mind while selecting cases for IVF.
Good physical and emotional condition of the patient improves success rate because of a better response to medication. If there are an existing medical condition, like diabetes mellitus, kidney or liver diseases, prior consultation with a medical specialist is necessary.
In certain situations like premature menopause( menopause before the age of 40 years), when there are genetic disorders, following radiation therapy, or if the ovaries are not available for pickup due to adhesions, parenthood is possible using donor egg or embryo.
Finally, alternatives to IVF exists and must be considered. Surrogacy and adoption are veritable options that should be offered to couples in the face of repeated IVF failures or where IVF is not possible or the results are considered suboptimal.

Find out follow Life Point Fertility Centre Abuja on all social media platform
Re: Can I Get Marry To An HIV Partner by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 08, 2020
merahki:
Dear poster,
HIV is not a sure death sentence. One could have the virus and be hit by a car and die before the symptoms of HIV manifest.
A HIV positive person can live out his full years while another man who is negative could have his life cut short prematurely
Importantly, there is the concept of discordance where partners (one positive and one negative) stay together for a long period without the negative one getting the virus. This can occur naturally (this is rarer: some peopl have badas.s immunity and genes) and can also be produced artificially (by the couple taking preventive measures -drugs, barriers, space, etc to prevent the negative one from being infected). I have seen and managed a couple who have been discordant for more than 10 years myself (even though it may be easier to deal with two positive partners)

This might not be foolproof, but life itself is a gamble
I enjoyed reading your stories about your infected man (he lied by not disclosing his status, that was very bad and unfortunate but you forgave him and didn’t get infected and he has shown you how sorry he is about the whole situation, yes?)
I honestly didn’t get why you were asked to return your presents from a guy you apparently love the way you do? shocked lipsrsealed
Even if you are after his money (totally your business)? You have shown a single-mindedness, dedication and courage towards it that is commendable. For what it’s worth? I don’t think you are after his money. I think you fell for his whole package despite the disease

So I say, do you! The only time I would say don’t marry him is if he takes you for granted. Because I know many women would marry him at the drop of a hat (he may divulge his status to them or not). Or if you are not sure of yourself.
Good luck
Stay safe if you marry him...and should you on that chance get infected? Know it’s not a death sentence
Many diseases kill faster than HIV
You guys have available resources to ensure you live long lives (positivity is one of them, and it’s free. Money is another, and it’s available to diamond levels to him)

It’s your life, live it
Curious nosey entry from me though (2 questions)
1. Do you think he is in love with you? Why/why not?
2. Has he asked you to marry him?
Please reply Casalinda
(this is just like in the movies/not the usual way in our climes and so I am curious cheesy)

1. I love him with everything in me and he has on so many occasions make me happy. There is this peace of mind I have whenever he is around me

I know he love me but this are all on my assumption you can never tell a man intentions but there are things that at pointed out in time past that he is also in love with me

2. Yes he did last night but I am confused. I ask we take it one day at a time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davash222 did nt deactivated. Thread closed / Watch Video Of Barbershop Where Female Barber Kiss And Seduce Customers / Settling Down with present Nigerian ladies - Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.