Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

How Can I Handle My Pride? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Handle My Pride? (4245 Views)

I Am Still Single Because I Haven’t Seen A Man That Can Handle My Backside / No Man Has The Power To Handle My Waist For More Than 30 Seconds / How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
I don't really know the right place to put this so I decided to do it here.
I am the first in my family,in my early 20s, I came from a rich family, well let me say 80% wealth rich over 100 if we are to do the maths. My dad is a politician and also a Reverend. I don't want to give away to much on this forum. My dad has about 57 properties alone in Enugu both shops and duplex. And in Port, Lagos and Abuja. I can't say more, I gave you this hint to see where I am heading to. Now I went to a very expensive primary school, paid over 250k per term also went to a very expensive private university paid close to 800k per year. When I was in uni my allowance was 100k per month excluding clubbing money and going out with girls. Infact my dad told me to ask him for money even if I want to take my girlfriend out and I should not have below 30k in my account at all in any day. This made me very lazy, and I don't even work cause he gave me 5 of his properties when I was in my final, I was very rich that I was wasting money like a fool, my pride became 10000million times more to the extent I even slapped my school registrar one day. Although I paid money oo and later graduated. Infact school was useless for me, I don't care what I graduated with, I felt I was okay and won't go poor, everyone kept telling me about how much pride I have. But it's now affecting me badly, my pride has made me loose opportunities even I had the chance to be my ward chairman but my pride bleeped me. My dad was very angry that he was setting me up to succeed him in politics and do better and I am using my pride to mess things up now I am so lazy, I live in my father duplex alone. 7 bedroom duplex just me alone. I don't even want to work, I do films on Vimeo to make money (the only work I can do) cause I said I can't even work in a private sector. My mum talked to me and told me I need to work for someone and answer yes sir or madam, come to work very early etc, that it will help me reduce my pride, but my pride still can't let me to do this. Please I need matured advice I want to work under someone in as much I know I may be richer than the person, there is something I want to change in my life which is that pride. Cause if I go into politics with this, my enemies may shoot me one day.

Please I need matured advice.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by LordIsaac(m): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2020
Ill gotten wealth can never produce a good result and it destroys rather than build in the end. However, you can chart a better course if you decide to change, it's up to you.

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by uchman(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
I am the first in my family,in my early 20s, I came from a rich family, well let me say 80% wealth rich over 100 if we are to do the maths. My dad is a politician and also a Reverend. I don't want to give away to much on this forum. My dad has about 57 properties alone in Enugu both shops and duplex. And in Port, Lagos and Abuja. I can't say more, I gave you this hint to see where I am heading to. Now I went to a very expensive primary school, paid over 250k per term also went to a very expensive private university paid close to 800k per year. When I was in uni my allowance was 100k per month excluding clubbing money and going out with girls. Infact my dad told me to ask him for money even if I want to take my girlfriend out and I should not have below 30k in my account at all in any day. This made me very lazy, and I don't even work cause he gave me 5 of his properties when I was in my final, I was very rich that I was wasting money like a fool, my pride became 10000million times more to the extent I even slapped my school registrar one day. Although I paid money oo and later graduated. Infact school was useless for me, I don't care what I graduated with, I felt I was okay and won't go poor, everyone kept telling me about how much pride I have. But it's now affecting me badly, my pride has made me loose opportunities even I had the chance to be my ward chairman but my pride bleeped me. My dad was very angry that he was setting me up to succeed him in politics and do better and I am using my pride to mess things up now I am so lazy, I live in my father duplex alone. 7 bedroom duplex just me alone. I don't even want to work, I do films on Vimeo to make money (the only work I can do) cause I said I can't even work in a private sector. My mum talked to me and told me I need to work for someone and answer yes sir or madam, come to work very early etc, that it will help me reduce my pride, but my pride still can't let me to do this. Please I need matured advice I want to work under someone in as much I know I may be richer than the person, there is something I want to change in my life which is that pride. Cause if I go into politics with this, my enemies may shoot me one day.

If this story is true brother,
the pride may not go away till you tell yourself that one day we all will die and rot away...

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 12:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
uchman:

If this story is true brother,
the pride may not go away till you tell yourself that one day we all will die and rot away...
why would I waist my energy typing or lying?. I don't know,my mum keep asking me where I got this pride from. And still can't explain it

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Bola146(f): 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
Thank God that you have realized all your mistakes and weaknesses. It's not a day thing to go like that, you need time, with time and prayers, reading the Bible, listening to good messages of life, or go for counseling, etc You will become a good behaved man in life. Your parents too will be proud of you. You too will have peace of mind. I wish you best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Phenomenal16(f): 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Rich man... Rich problem
Abegiiiiii
Are u a Christian?.... Ask God to help u
Emmmmmm....it requires a deliberate effort....
That's if this ur story is true

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Bola146:
Thank God that you have realized all your mistakes and weaknesses. It's not a day thing to go like that, you need time, with time and prayers, reading the Bible, listening to good messages of life, or go for counseling, etc You will become a good behaved man in life. Your parents too will be proud of you. You too will have peace of mind. I wish you best of luck.
thank you. But I have a problem, I don't believe in the Bible or religion too. Even sometimes it cause fight at home. Telling me to read Bible and pray is like the biggest task you are giving me cry
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Phenomenal16:
Rich man... Rich problem
Abegiiiiii
Are u a Christian?.... Ask God to help u
Emmmmmm....it requires a deliberate effort....
That's if this ur story is true
I am a Christian, my dad is a Reverend naw, I also play piano for him sometimes if I visit his church, but I don't believe in Christianity etc
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by chigoizie7(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Who cares?

My brother shove it up your assss.

11 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Bola146(f): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
thank you. But I have a problem, I don't believe in the Bible or religion too. Even sometimes it cause fight at home. Telling me to read Bible and pray is like the biggest task you are giving me cry

Okay, i think your own believe is the first thing, you need to know that you were created to be a responsible man. Go get some motivational books, you can search for them online.. It's a matter of time..
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Phenomenal16(f): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
I am a Christian, my dad is a Reverend naw, I also play piano for him sometimes if I visit his church, but I don't believe in Christianity etc
...what do u believe in
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by blastac: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
You should ask yourself what you're priding yourself in if it's money, move into a small apartment probably in a ghetto area and have your people give you allowance of 15k a month just try and go broke in anyway possible (am not telling you to sell all ur papa property just to be broke cos money sweet o)..
I once pride myself in strength until I saw a gun upclose and also saw a friend beaten up by conductor ps that my friend was stronger than me grin cheesy this was years ago shaa...

Ehee where was I, just find out the source of ur pride cos working for someone won't help, you might end up slapping him/she.. you need to come to terms with you're a nobody that anything you have someone out there has it more or the same and also there are people who don't have any... Then try and pride urself in helping others at least you would be proud of the good deeds u're doing...at least these are the kind of things that keeps me in check

15 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by bigiyaro(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
OP u have won the battle already cos
1. problem shared is half solved
2. you have already identified the problem.
I suggest you take some little counseling sessions with a nice professional and read some good books on self development. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
Bola146:

Okay, i think your own believe is the first thing, you need to know that you were created to be a responsible man. Go get some motivational books, you can search for them online.. It's a matter of time..
okay. I can read, maybe you can give me a few examples.
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by MightySparrow: 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:

Your pride is in a class of its own. No regard for God? God is known only in religious circle. Bro, truth be told: you a disaster going somewhere to happen. Don’t be angry o. Your life is programmed for resistance not only from man but God. You will always need Him as well as you will need men. At least you needed some people to come to this earth and will still need some to see you off.
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
blastac:
You should ask yourself what you're priding yourself in if it's money, move into a small apartment probably in a ghetto area and have your people give you allowance of 15k a month just try and go broke in anyway possible (am not telling you to sell all ur papa property just to be broke cos money sweet o)..
I once pride myself in strength until I saw a gun upclose and also saw a friend beaten up by conductor ps that my friend was stronger than me grin cheesy this was years ago shaa...

Ehee where was I, just find out the source of ur pride cos working for someone won't help, you might end up slapping him/she.. you need to come to terms with you're a nobody that anything you have someone out there has it more or the same and also there are people who don't have any... Then try and pride urself in helping others at least you would be proud of the good deeds u're doing...at least these are the kind of things that keeps me in check
thanks. This same advice was what my girlfriend told me. But my dad always convinced me otherwise telling me there is no need to get a house and pay while he has everything for me. And at last I'll always fall to my dad's idea. Maybe it time to really try leaving out small. I feel I may not last.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Phenomenal16:
...what do u believe in
I believe in spirits force. But I usually identify all of them as God.
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by blastac: 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
Lol the idea is not for you to last it's for you to feel helpless, smell poverty, manage what you are given cos you no go know when next he go send another one .then also to appreciate the hustle cos let's face it you were raised with a 100karat golden spoon

Victoronah1:
thanks. This same advice was what my girlfriend told me. But my dad always convinced me otherwise telling me there is no need to get a house and pay while he has everything for me. And at last I'll always fall to my dad's idea. Maybe it time to really try leaving out small. I feel I may not last.
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Goldencheese(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victor, I think you have a good heart even though you were raised with the silver spoon. Your parents spoiled you to no end and produced a jerk.

If you are living off your parents resources at your age, you are a disappointment and should feel it so.

Then come to the issue of religion, the man who bore you is a Reverend but you refuse to Revere his own God who provided him with the resources through which he takes care of you.

Things you can do:

1. Try and get a job and live off your earnings alone for about 6 months. This will help you to appreciate the true sense of hard work and dignity in labour and help to humble you.

2. You can disguise but visit the poorest parts of your town and befriend somebody or some people. Don't tell them your story but just befriend them, listen to them visit their poor homes and try to be there for them. If you have some change, you can give to them. This will make you to appreciate your privileged background and to see it as a gift and not a right to be proud of.

3. Volunteer for NGOs reaching out to poor kids, homeless people, drug addicts and others. By the time you listen to the stories of these people, a sense of real awareness will dawn on you about life itself.

4. If you cannot work for someone like the first step I suggested, as part of your volunteering, give some amount you use for clubbing to charity and go there yourself to serve and you will see that your pride will have no refuge in you anymore.

You have to start standing on your own to appreciate this life and so that you can also very well manage your father's wealth even after he is gone.

There is a video on YouTube on a rich British family that went to a poor side of the UK, a father and a son and the experience was a telling epiphany on the boy.

Lastly, don't believe in spirits. Believe in God because even the devil believes and knows there is a God. You are a small God sef so why should you believe in beings that by virtue of redemption you are higher than.

Your soul seems good but like someone said you are a disaster waiting to happen unless you take the driving wheel of your life and turn it around in time.

I believe in you that you can be the better or the best version of yourself if you try.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
blastac:

Lol the idea is not for you to last it's for you to feel helpless, smell poverty, manage what you are given cos you no go know when next he go send another one .then also to appreciate the hustle cos let's face it you were raised with a 100karat golden spoon

thank you
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Victoronah1: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2020
Goldencheese:
Victor, I think you have a good heart even though you were raised with the silver spoon. Your parents spoiled you to no end and produced a jerk.

If you are living off your parents resources at your age, you are a disappointment and should feel it so.

Then come to the issue of religion, the man who bore you is a Reverend but you refuse to Revere his own God who provided him with the resources through which he takes care of you.

Things you can do:

1. Try and get a job and live off your earnings alone for about 6 months. This will help you to appreciate the true sense of hard work and dignity in labour and help to humble you.

2. You can disguise but visit the poorest parts of your town and befriend somebody or some people. Don't tell them your story but just befriend them, listen to them visit their poor homes and try to be there for them. If you have some change, you can give to them. This will make you to appreciate your privileged background and to see it as a gift and not a right to be proud of.

3. Volunteer for NGOs reaching out to poor kids, homeless people, drug addicts and others. By the time you listen to the stories of these people, a sense of real awareness will dawn on you about life itself.

4. If you cannot work for someone like the first step I suggested, as part of your volunteering, give some amount you use for clubbing to charity and go there yourself to serve and you will see that your pride will have no refuge in you anymore.

You have to start standing on your own to appreciate this life and so that you can also very well manage your father's wealth even after he is gone.

There is a video on YouTube on this rich British family that went to a poor side of the UK, a father and a son and the experience was a telling epiphany on the boy.

Lastly, don't believe in spirits. Believe in God because even the devil believes and knows there is a God. You are a small God sef so why should you believe in beings that by virtue of redemption you are higher than.

Your soul seems good but like someone said you are a disaster waiting to happen unless you take the driving wheel of your life and turn it around in time.

I believe in you that you can be the better or the best version of yourself if you try.
thank you for bringing out your time to advice me.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by chichimezie(f): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
Goto. God in prayer first..... Before any other thing
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Goldencheese(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
thank you for bringing out your time to advice me.

You are welcome, good soul!
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Martinez39s(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2020
Your dad failed you by not being the apt masculine presence in the home as far as child training is concerne. He should have inculcated discipline, good manners, and responsibility in you instead of pampering you to no end and leaving you uncultured. He should have taught you that life is not easy and he should have brought you up with the useful habit of earning any privilege you receive. Nevertheless, you are also at fault because you know good from bad. If I am chanced, I will drop tips on how you can do better.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by solonubinho(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2020
Bro, nice one. Being able to self reflect and acknowledge the problem is the first step to recovery. It may take a while but you'll get there.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Bigmanpickin: 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
You are normal just needs to stand for something that's not superficial, like an idea, a way of life that appeals to humanity. Understand that we are here for each other and strive to leave a legacy on that path.

You are blessed enjoy it!
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Preshy561(f): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
Black man and unnecessary show of pride.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Bigmanpickin: 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
I forgot to add; your pride is a good thing if you channel it to the right path and don't forget to apply wisdom always in your dealings (e.g know when and when not to use pride)

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by Wallade(m): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
Please I need matured advice I want to work under someone in as much I know I may be richer than the person, there is something I want to change in my life which is that pride. Cause if I go into politics with this, my enemies may shoot me one day.

I want to recommend community service to you. Pick up a job with an organisation as a volunteer in your community.

You can also serve in a church where your background is unknown, dedicate your time to menial jobs in the church. Resume promptly and take instructions from the leaders in your environment and place of assignment.

Make a conscious effort to reduce the pride in you to the lowest without destroying your self esteem. Keep a happy mood at whatever menial or volunteer service you choose. Gradually, the pride will be eradicated.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by czarr(m): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Na better electric slap you need, wey go format your brain.
I volunteer my hand, just give me 1 duplex make I take manage my life.
or make I send my account number, just send 5k then I'll believe your story.
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by czarr(m): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2020
Victoronah1:
thank you
Na better electric slap you need, wey go format your brain.

I volunteer my hand, just give me 1 duplex make I take manage my life.

or make I send my account number, just send 5k then I'll believe your story
Re: How Can I Handle My Pride? by ruffkenny: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
pride comes before a fall

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEN!! GO MGTOW Or You Could Suffer The Same Fate Of This Young Man!! (Photo) / Even With Konji, What Is That Thing That Can Easily Turn Off Your Sexual urge? / Is It Wise To Tell My Brother That Her Fiance Is Having Sex With His Neighbor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.