Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (60543 Views)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Purple01(f): 7:42pm On Feb 08, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Your husband, your std, your business
please don't say that. Be nice.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Amanda4life: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
franchasng:
Amanda the badt gurl, Amyyyyy sense will not kill you shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Luv luv
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Kingpele(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=cococandy post=86469991]Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.advise from the devil himself, if you are married stay off martial issues, this are not for kids please

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
She should consider divorce? Doctor says she will not be able to have kids anymore, divorce doesn't seem like the right option, except she would divorce and also sue him in court for causing her such medical harm. OP, it is no use waiting, just adopt a baby asap, forget the lies of that man, if you do not pressure him to adopt now that he is still very guilty of his actions, he will abandon you in future. If he can cheat in just 3yrs of marriage with a healthy wife at home, what makes you think he will now be faithful with a wife with a medical condition. Be wise, pray as well, a miracle may happen.

Speaking of a miracle ... your post is one

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by 99foxxy(f): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
Please be strong and be happy for yourself. Some men can pretend while they are busy cheating on their spouse. Be strong, hang out with friends. Don't stay in one place like your home cos you will constantly think of it. Go out and have fun and be happy my sister. Train yourself not to trust him and be happy, life is too short to die because of a man who will marry when your dead forget about it my love for your sanity.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by ghettochild4u(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?
Na so e for give u HIV... Inside life
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Amanda4life: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
Sammarshall:

I’m really sorry sweetie!
Honestly, I can feel your pain. I really wish I can give you a hug now and be your friend.

I pray to God to help you, if you can get closer to Jesus, he will give you rest. When ever am sad or heart broken, I always cry to God and somehow, I get peace.

If I can be honest with you, sometimes love is never enough. Talk to God but if you feel you can’t do it anymore, is okay to fail sometimes.

The best is yet to come....

Step daughter s and sons
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by enilowo(m): 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
I strongly advise you to let go if you still want your husband or break up with him and move (very hard though). The danger of what you are doing to yourself now is that you are getting depressed and you are the only one that will go down that ugly drain.

So my dear get up and make up your mind to enjoy your life and note that shit do happen. If you can afford it pack out of that environment because as long as you still that woman you will always remember.

Above all the time for you to say enough is enough to sadness is now. Get up and move.
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by golddare: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Magic Johnson has lived with HIV for over 2 decades and he is still standing strong.
Many live with HIV in our midst. HIV is probably safer than the Coronavirus right now. HIV has just become a chronic disease, that can be controlled enough not to be even easily transmissable.
The problem with HIV is the initial hype when the disease was first detected , when there was no treatment for it and it was more or less a death sentence. No longer the story now. Nigerians have just refused to move beyond the death sentence that used to be associated with HIV, even though it's not same again.

I agree with you, its quite unfortunate when ones trust is betrayed.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Bear007(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
Midas01:
Remember to always leave condoms in your wife's handbag too. Very important.

I no people like you...
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by TemmyT002(m): 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2020
Why is is that those who usually complain about their married life usually write in advanced and awesome grammar.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.
having PID that serious could affect her reproductive career. It could lead to her tubes getting blocked. Her husband nearly killed her.

She needs to stay away for a while, go for therapy and heal. Focus on herself. Figure out if she still wants this marriage with her Judas Iscariot husband.

She should also demand for recent TEST results before he has sex with her
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Winneygirl(f): 8:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
katyamizotta:
Op please endure. You are going to have to build endurance for the rest of your marriage as he will not change.
He not only cheated but allowed you contract a disease and did not get you treated.
Do not leave that home for another woman because Oga will definitely bring in a child some day and you will be needed to be a stepmom to the child.
You need to learn to pray and fast. You are going to be doing serious fasting for him to have a change of heart and not all prayers get answered immediately or at all.
You need to be close friends with several doctors because you will start having biannual STD checks and any other checks possible.
Start saving too just in case there are some very expensive drugs prescribed.
He is a man and a man must cheat. They dont want to cheat but their pe nis sneaks out of their boxers and slithers down the street looking for anything female (i didnt call dog or cat, but its possible)
I believe you are strong and you can endure. Above all, remember marriage is for better for worse, by fire and force, till death do you part. ( you escaped death once but you are now infertile, i guess next time death will do you part and you get to die as a virtuous woman)

What kind of talk is this?
She should stay, pray and fast while waiting for the day the husband will bring home a bastard child for her to take care of?
Life is not supposed to be so hard.
She should stay if she knows she will get peace and love out of this marriage. Not because she wants to die virtuous, and be receiving and treating countless STDs the man will bring in the future.
You are even asking her to be saving money for STD treatment...
All these so she can die a 'virtuous woman'!!
She's only 26!!!!!
We need to redefine the word 'virtuous'.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by wisdomkid: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
poshestmina:
I really want to give you a hug.

Time heals everything .

Seriously, and she's just 26 years old!!! A young girl put through this by a 37 old man.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Angy55(f): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
That means he married you when you were 23years and he was 34years. You are still very young and yet he cheated on you with a single mother of 4 and infected you.

4 children on that vj... I'm just wondering what your husband saw in it.

And here on NL I read posts from guys crying out to marry virgins and ladies below 25 because of..... Well let me stop here.

The truth is men are never satisfied.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Kokobaby9(f): 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2020
Met a an old friend of mine at a supermarket I noticed she wasn’t okay at all so softly I spoke to her asking what the issue was she then told me how she dated a guy back in the US trusted the guy with. Much even with building their house only for this guy to come back to Nigeria and built the house solidly with her money then married another lady in fact right now they are about to have a kid I felt so bad for her but at the same time I was pissed I wondered y she couldn’t even tell her mum or sisters to build the house

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Igbodicool(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2020
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man
It is only you Satan made that way.
Look at how you are boasting in iniquity.
May God deliver you from the grip of fornication and adultery.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by dalass(f): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man

Look at you...

If the story was that of a cheating woman. You all women-bashers will be cursing and saying trash.. Women are hoes, olosho, love money, etc.

You would advise him to run for his life... See life o...You're here giving excuses for s man who almost destroyed the woman's destiny...she may have been rendered childless because of an old cargo's vagina...I mean, 26 years old wife to after4 kids woman. Gave her STD! Gonorrhea!!!....na wah o sad

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by tomdon(m): 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
Pavore9:

God "created you" that way and still commands you not to commit fornication nor adultery? He created you in His own image, to be the physical and spiritual head of your home and not to sleep around like a dog.

So who created him??
A man wakes up with erection every blessed day and you are criticising him for his dick having serious influence on his life. Did he create himself
Shey the lady sef hasn't slept with someone else aside her husband before?
She said she hadn't slept with another in the last 3 years meaning she didn't marry as a virgin. She may have had all the disease before marriage. She should shouldn't transfer blame when she's to blame
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Izigha(m): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
faithfull18:

She did, She tested positive at the beginning and was on antiretroviral drugs, the man's family abandoned her despite knowing their son was the one who infected her.

But you know God is ever merciful, this is one of the cases I saw faith work, God did see her heart and innocence and He came through for her.

This is a true life story not hearsay.
stop spreading lies. which doctor or hospital treated her? why is her case not in any medical journal?
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by faithfull18(f): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
Izigha:

stop spreading lies. which doctor or hospital treated her? why is her case not in any medical journal?
Lies No need joining issues with you. This isn't super story, it happened to a family I know well.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by mechanics(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2020
Just forget the past and move on, since he said he won't cheat again, forgive him and believe his word.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Firmthepoet(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
Please ma'am you need to be careful with your husband and you said he cheated on you with a single mother of four, are you sure one of the kids is not his?
Cos you said you have no child for him, how much does he care about the situation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by BRATISLAVA: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
katyamizotta:

I dont think the average Caucasian male will agree with this nature

The scum ones do.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by escavros: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2020
Most times we let things go in forgiveness, not because we are weak, but because we deserve to have peace in our own heart and lives.

I know the betrayal is hard to let go of so easily, but understand that the devil feeds on such a situation, to keep you in the bondage of unforgiveness.

Pls forgive your husband, pray to God to heal your heart and have mercy on both of you.
Talk to your husband about how you really feel and then pray together about it.

God listens to prayers said with a scincere heart, and God is close to those with a broken heart.

May the Lord heal your body, and your heart, soul and marriage as you pray in Jesus holy name
Amen

Dominiondominio:

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by spinna: 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jobia:
you must be out of your damn mind! Useless he-goat.
Why not direct your 'thoughts and prayers' to your brain and ask God to save it from rottenness
You actually seem to be the one that's out of your mind from your post.. better be careful how you quote me before you go fully mad. Is it man hating that brought you to this? From your words i know you are sad, ugly and angry. Rotten yanshed 'she' goat
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by nwaimoroseyaho: 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
Your husband left tear rubber car to drive kabukabu. Nawaooooo.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by berbs: 12:23am On Feb 09, 2020
golddare:

To live with the taught of the possibility of not being able to have a child again is bearable compared to HIV my brother. But I still feels she has Hope.
It's well bro but what the man did is very wrong. Some callous women will definitely plan for his downfall whichever way.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by joinnow: 12:40am On Feb 09, 2020
Dominiondominio:

Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again.

Please do not slip into depression
it is hard to pull out of it. just forgive and take it as if it is you own kettle
every aboki with his kettle
every one has one or two challenges he/she is facing.

the solution is two ways
either you just forgive and continue to manage your marriage
or divorce and remarry( but note there is no guarantee the next one you remarry will remain faithful to you)
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by olisaEze(m): 2:20am On Feb 09, 2020
Dominiondominio:

Nope, never! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions / My Daughter Celebrates Her Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.