Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (60542 Views)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by pocohantas(f): 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
Martinez39s:
You are waiting? cheesy Keep waiting. You hear? When you are done waiting, your sibling's grandchildren will take you home. grin grin grin Foul smelling evening newspaper. grin

Hope you won't mention me again because if you do, I will ignore you. Have a nice day. grin

Ad hominem. Normal when they get cornered.

Now he has taken off.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
Lmao!
cococandy:
Comprehension is a skill
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
You did not condemn the man for cheating, you condemned him for cheating without a condom. There is a huge difference. Receive sense to stop being a bloody hypocrite.
kay29000:

I already condemned the man. You can see that in the screenshot below. I'm not like you who hates the opposite sex with a passion. You need to change your ways madam.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Kiezodumah(m): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
See as everywhere calm now ooooo....The thread is even growing at an arithmetic progression and most guys are on the fence(criptically empathetic towards the man) Let say the roles were reversed now and the lady was @ fault ,this thread wud have grown at a geometric progression and trust the guys on NL to have choked the lives out of all the women in this world...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man
So stupid.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
Sounds like an accurate description of your mother.
unbitchable:

you are 40 egg-shrinking-years old. Besides, how old is your brain?, what's the content of your brain?, 'cos my ten yr old niece is far more sensible than you will ever be.
the manner in which y'all old hags rant on this forum could only suggest there's a part of the head that is unwell.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by unbitchable(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2020
Midas01:
Sounds like an accurate description of your mother.
a hoe load of trash
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by afribabe: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.
This is not the you I know coco shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Duru009(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
The bible says " he that is born of God will overcome the world and the things in the world"

My dear, with time you will certainly overcome.

Take your solace in the word of God.....
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2020
eni4real:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Runsgirls should learn from this oooo

Remember OP is a legally , fully married woman and not a runs girl.
Even marrying as a virgin will not help you, when your partner is unfaithful.
Many women who are not sexually all over the place have been in OPs position and even worse. Some have HIV, some have lost their womb all because of a sexually promiscuous and careless partner.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Winneygirl(f): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2020
cjfavour:
Nice advice but please don't tell her to leave her house mostly now she has not gotten pregnant. Who do you want her to leave her house for? Another woman? Right advice is for her to keep on enduring and try to forgive her husband mostly as he's sober and remorseful now. He'll repent I assure you. I'm a married man so I know this. He must have urge for sex if she leaves, that's his license to look outside and if anything happens, she'll be blamed for leaving him. She should take solace to the fact that he wasn't a virgin when he married her so for that she have to forgive him and move ahead. I don't know if you understand me?

Thanks. I'm not asking that she leaves her home. I'm asking that she takes some space to sort out her feelings.
What's the worst the man could do now? Sleep with someone else? He already did that.
She's bitter. She's angry. She's going through a lot now. Taking some time to think about her life,which she almost lost due to the man's recklessness, is not asking too much.

Her life and sanity matters a lot. Being sober doesn't restore trust. Being remorseful doesn't take away the damage done to her body.
This is a woman who has had to endure monitoring spirits of the society for not being pregnant yet after 3 years of marriage, only to realise that her husband had passed on an STI to her, which went undetected for so long, causing damage to her body and further drowning her chances at conceiving.
Taking some time away from this toxic situation is not too much to ask.
Not all the time 'Endure'. She's hurting and she's humiliated. She needs to safeguard herself, her sanity and heal from this wound.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by foreshore(m): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?

Tales by moonlight
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by izospindle(m): 6:47pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jobia:
why would a married man have an affair at all
Body no be firewood sister you won't understand cry
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
golddare:

To live with the taught of the possibility of not being able to have a child again is bearable compared to HIV my brother. But I still feels she has Hope.

Magic Johnson has lived with HIV for over 2 decades and he is still standing strong.
Many live with HIV in our midst. HIV is probably safer than the Coronavirus right now. HIV has just become a chronic disease, that can be controlled enough not to be even easily transmissable.
The problem with HIV is the initial hype when the disease was first detected , when there was no treatment for it and it was more or less a death sentence. No longer the story now. Nigerians have just refused to move beyond the death sentence that used to be associated with HIV, even though it's not same again.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by katyamizotta: 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Op please endure. You are going to have to build endurance for the rest of your marriage as he will not change.
He not only cheated but allowed you contract a disease and did not get you treated.
Do not leave that home for another woman because Oga will definitely bring in a child some day and you will be needed to be a stepmom to the child.
You need to learn to pray and fast. You are going to be doing serious fasting for him to have a change of heart and not all prayers get answered immediately or at all.
You need to be close friends with several doctors because you will start having biannual STD checks and any other checks possible.
Start saving too just in case there are some very expensive drugs prescribed.
He is a man and a man must cheat. They dont want to cheat but their pe nis sneaks out of their boxers and slithers down the street looking for anything female (i didnt call dog or cat, but its possible)
I believe you are strong and you can endure. Above all, remember marriage is for better for worse, by fire and force, till death do you part. ( you escaped death once but you are now infertile, i guess next time death will do you part and you get to die as a virtuous woman)

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

BS. . . Did prince Charles not cheat with a woman older than him... divorcee for that matter
grin grin
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Remember OP is a legally , fully married woman and not a runs girl.
Even marrying as a virgin will not help you, when your partner is unfaithful.
Many women who are not sexually all over the place have been in OPs position and even worse. Some have HIV, some have lost their womb all because of a sexually promiscuous and careless partner.
I was talking about the negative outcomes of Pelvic infection you wrote!!

Are you sure this topic is not a Fiction??
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
Keep describing her.
unbitchable:

a hoe load of trash.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
This is the appropriate one. Don't be a hypocrite
Randy100:
At the appropriate thread, I will quote it.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Midas01: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
Says someone without a brain. Lmao.
femi4:
you and brain are wide apart

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by dammypat(f): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
Randy100:
I agree with you 100% but a woman who wants her marriage to work will make it to work. Proverb 14 vs 1
. This is what is ruining many homes,only woman build home and make marriage works while the man fold his arms,sleep around,irresponsible and serve the woman with all shit because she is the builder, the woman gets fed up,starts nagging,care less and face her kids,the man continues his irresponsibilities with this stupid mentality and the home becomes a war front! Pls marriage is a work for two, if you are not ready to head home and build it together with your wife, stay single, May God help us ooo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by afribabe: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
mywells:
We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis.

The man is not at fault likewise the wife, 3yrs without kids is enough to justify a man to sleep around like dog all in the search of a child,then what's the essence of their relationship or whatever.
and with a single mother of 4 at that.... hmmmm.
And people will be blaming a woman for bringing "outside" children to their infertile husband.....
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
eni4real:
I was talking about the negative outcomes of Pelvic infection you wrote!!

Are you sure this topic is not a Fiction??

You will be surprised that worse stories happen in real life.
What the eyes have seen atimes, will leave you eternally speechless.
That's why you see so much bitterness in many marriages , and even if OP resolves all differences with her husband, things can never be the same.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Fejimummy: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
everybody is saying forgive your husband, work on you marriage bla bla bla... if the table was turned around the same people would say throw her out... forgiveness is for only women

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
danilmo:

Since u are ignorant of medical actions, then Y adding salt to an open wound..

beside can u outline complications of Pelvic inflammatory Disease for her, since u know more than those vampire doctor

The guy you quoted is so dumb, it's unbelievable.
Why make assertations on something you claim to know nothing about?
Mad o cheesy
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

You will be surprised that worse stories happen in real life.
What the eyes have seen atimes, will leave you eternally speechless.
That's why you see so much bitterness in many marriages , and even if OP resolves all differences with her husband, things can never be the same.
People say, Time will heal..

Provided the man turned a new leave, completely!!
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Sammarshall(f): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?

I’m really sorry sweetie!
Honestly, I can feel your pain. I really wish I can give you a hug now and be your friend.

I pray to God to help you, if you can get closer to Jesus, he will give you rest. When ever am sad or heart broken, I always cry to God and somehow, I get peace.

If I can be honest with you, sometimes love is never enough. Talk to God but if you feel you can’t do it anymore, is okay to fail sometimes.

The best is yet to come....
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by gonkin(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
Chai, sorry and I hear STD is harder to cure in females.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
eni4real:
People say, Time will heal..

Provided the man turned a new leave, completely!!

Well, I pray time heals her pains...
I pray she comes out of this stronger and more clear headed.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Well, I pray time heals her pains...
I pray she comes out of this stronger and more clear headed.
Amin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Discombulator: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
Divorce him

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Has 97 Wives: God Gives Me Power To Satisfy Them Sexually(Pics) / Woman Kneels Down To Thank Her Husband After Graduating With PhD, See Reactions / I Apply ‘love Charm’ On My Manhood To Win My Wife Back – Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.