Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (61161 Views)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by pfadom: 3:14am On Feb 09, 2020
Dominiondominio:

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?

To feel disappointed is normal when a person you love and trust betrays. However, to feel you will never be happy again is both abnormal and demonic.

Your joy, peace and destiny should not depend on how a negative person chooses to live his/her life. Why should you be angry that a dog barks, when it is natural for dogs to bark? Or wjy should the dark spots on leopards offend you, when leopards are known by that.

Please speak life to yourself - your soul. Study the word of God, recollect your old dreams and revive them. Bounce back, thank God the damage can still be remedied.

Had you cheating husband died in the process, would you have remained single and childless? Please reflect on these.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by TheGift: 4:04am On Feb 09, 2020
The reason you feel worthless is because you have a sense of your selfworth. There is nothing to beat yourself about. You did nothing wrong but trust. The most important thing right now is the healing of your body, mind and emotions. It begins with expressing how you feel as you have done. I pray you find healing and that your relationship will be healed as well. This is all I can say for now. God bless you.
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

I recently found out that my husband has cheated on me a number of times throughout our marriage and that the Pelvic inflammation was caused by untreated Gonorrhoea.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

I feel like I will never be happy again. I used to be a happy, confident, bubbly person, now my zest for life is gone. Is this normal? Will these feelings ever go away?
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by TheGift: 4:08am On Feb 09, 2020
Speak to a professional counsellor and therapists pleeasse. Thank you.
Dominiondominio:
I’m a 26 years old woman married to a 37 years old man. We have been married for almost 3 years.

We don’t have kids yet and 6 months ago I ended up in hospital with sepsis. The doctors originally thought it was caused by a kidney infection but later found that it was caused by Pelvic Inflammatory disease.

They repeatedly asked about my sexual history but I have only slept with one person in the past 3 years - my husband. I ended up having to have emergency surgery as the infection would not respond to the IV antibiotics they were giving me. I was in hospital for 10 days and have potential long- term damage which will affect my ability to have children.

When I was discharged from hospital, he admitted that he has been cheating on me with a single mother of 4 (unprotected sex ) And he got the gonorrhea! How irresponsible! I am completely devastated and don't want to believe that the love of my life could be so callous. I very nearly died and if it were not for the brilliant doctors who quickly recognised my symptoms.

Of course the woman my husband got the gonorrhea from denied everything and I bet she won’t go get treated and will continue to spread this nasty and dangerous disease! She is done with having kids so why would she care, right?

Well, I do want to have kids and I won’t let my fertility and health taken away! the emotional damage caused by the infidelity itself is horrible. I feel angry, dirty, and ugly. All I want to do is cry all day. I can’t talk to anyone about it because I feel so ashamed. The person I trust the most is my mother but i don't want to break her heart. I know that to her my happiness matters the most and I think she would be angry at me the rest of her life if I told her that I still love my husband.

My husband feels remorseful and said he would never cheat on me again. He said he would choose me over any lifestyle and that he would give up everything for me. I have a very hard time trusting him again and I still don't know what I want from this whole thing. I just can't understand why my husband would have sex with a disgusting, nasty woman and betray me on so many levels. My pride got hurt so badly. I feel so ugly and worthless. My libido is absolutely gone. I feel empty inside. Then all the sudden I feel horrible, horrible anger and I want to break everything in sight. On some nights I can't sleep and sometimes I want to sleep all day. Most days I'm not even hungry and I have to force myself to eat something.

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 09, 2020
Izigha:

stop spreading lies. which doctor or hospital treated her? why is her case not in any medical journal?
why should it be in a medical journal?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 09, 2020
pfadom:

To feel disappointed is normal when a person you love and trust betrays. However, to feel you will never be happy again is both abnormal and demonic.

Your joy, peace and destiny should not depend on how a negative person chooses to live his/her life. Why should you be angry that a dog barks, when it is natural for dogs to bark? Or wjy should the dark spots on leopards offend you, when leopards are known by that.

Please speak life to yourself - your soul. Study the word of God, recollect your old dreams and revive them. Bounce back, thank God the damage can still be remedied.

Had you cheating husband died in the process, would you have remained single and childless? Please reflect on these.
what kind of stupid, hypocritical, demonic advice, is this?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by ogene144(m): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2020
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man
My Auchi wife cn Bleep a mad man if money is involved....,
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by karnap(m): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2020
always pays attention to your partner, because any free hands they will divert the lane,now you trusted your husband so well,you can allow him to.go anywhere, but at.last,he got.you with STD,what I thank God for.was not HIV,the trust is gone, and it.won't be backed again
...its sad.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2020
Looking at this thread below compared with this current one will show you how hypocritical Nigerian Men are.

https://www.nairaland.com/4492719/dont-wear-anything-bed-nigerian

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by jimmyLd101: 9:13am On Feb 09, 2020
Dominiondominio:

That's not the end of life babe. Don't get depressed that will be too bad of you
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Rukkydelta(f): 10:01am On Feb 09, 2020
Op I pray for divine healing that God touch your womb and you will be able to give birth because this kind of husband will definitely take pleasure in impregnating another woman. I feel your pains dear

Men like that deserves a Maryam- kind of wife
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Chatflick(m): 10:35am On Feb 09, 2020
Time heals, so they say but it might be difficult recovering. It's almost impossible to let go of that thought.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by jackpot(f): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

No hypocrite should quote me to talk nonsense please. Thanks.
With reference to your option 1, that's pure evil. May I never have any serious thing to do or any of my blood marry someone with this mindset. Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Stargurl20(f): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2020
Men are wicked beings and much shouldn't be expected from them

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by mrdino(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2020
Pavore9:

God "created you" that way and still commands you not to commit fornication nor adultery? He created you in His own image, to be the physical and spiritual head of your home and not to sleep around like a dog.

God bless you!
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Rozaytee: 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
Mindlog:

Because men who make effort to have self control around women are weaklings? Don't mistake promiscuity for polygamy, there is a difference between having the urge to have random sexual partners and having more wives who would have more children for you and you would be responsible for them all.
Oga na d same thing stop justifying ur randy nature

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by bukatyne(f): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
eni4real:
This your style is too aggressive o..

The lady no get Libido again now shocked

Did she state that in the OP?

If she doesn't hurry, things will get worse.

I won't be surprised if the husband say another lady is pregnant for him.

Aiye le, o soro undecided
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by SHOCK7(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Get a boyfriend that looks similar to your husband and have a baby for him. Make your husband pay for the kid until the kid is grown and then tell him the truth.

Or.....you’re only 26, you have the world ahead of you. You can dump him and find someone else.

That’s on the off chance that you’re not another troll account created for sensational stories.

I just had to quote u, because Dis is such bad advice!!!
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Rich5: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
Let's not look ad judge the man alone,one question u people suppose to ask her,is her husband her first love,if no, there is no need to crucify the man,cos it could be long time infecting from her old lovers too.so let's be justifiable .
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Coolgent(m): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
cococandy:
Two options

Please ignore this Lady, its the worst advice i have ever read.
May God be with u.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by PattyMike(m): 3:20am On Feb 10, 2020
Sexyliciousbri:
Please tell me you're seriously considering divorce. If not, why not?
I believe forgiving an affair is possible, but giving a spouse an STD or a mistress that ends up pregnant is a deal breaker. He willingly put your health at risk by having unprotected sex with this woman and then with you. There is no forgiving this in my opinion.

Da le ru, Da le ru. Thanks madam adviser, keep your advise for yourself and your immediate family. Sister Op, it is marriage and it is for better or for worse. Thank you God he didn't give you something that doesn't have cure and condemn you to a lifetime of taking pills.... I want to believe you dated him before marriage and you knew his behavior. He will change pls pray and also give him tough time. Don't make it easy for him to cheat, make it an effort and when that effort takes it toll on him no one will tell him to give himself peace. God will bless your home with good health, wealth and children.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by tammie24: 9:35am On Feb 10, 2020
Dominiondominio:

your husband admitted to cheating with that woman cos he had to admit to something
Knowing there's no way you could have gotten the infection
As a matter of fact he has a lot of sexual partners.
That woman is just one of his numerous partners. He's reckless. Quite unfortunate!
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Yababoy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Have you ever been married??
cococandy:
Two options

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
PattyMike:

Da le ru, Da le ru. Thanks madam adviser, keep your advise for yourself and your immediate family. Sister Op, it is marriage and it is for better or for worse. Thank you God he didn't give you something that doesn't have cure and condemn you to a lifetime of taking pills.... I want to believe you dated him before marriage and you knew his behavior. He will change pls pray and also give him tough time. Don't make it easy for him to cheat, make it an effort and when that effort takes it toll on him no one will tell him to give himself peace. God will bless your home with good health, wealth and children.

Do you still hold this same opinion that marriage is for better for worse if your brother's wife was the one cheating with multiple partners and gave your brother gonorrhea that made him so sick to need admission, an operation and could potentially affect his fertility?
I'm really interested in your answer in all honesty. Thank you for indulging me.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by PattyMike(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Do you still hold this same opinion that marriage is for better for worse if your brother's wife was the one cheating with multiple partners and gave your brother gonorrhea that made him so sick to need admission, an operation and could potentially affect his fertility?
I'm really interested in your answer in all honesty. Thank you for indulging me.

My brothers marriage is none of my business I would avoid intruding and if I was brought into the matter I would exclude myself even if he was my son. Make my brother dey die I will never put mouth in his marital problems. I'm just like that, sorry.
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by fuzzywuzzy: 6:14am On Feb 11, 2020
Stargurl20:
Men are wicked beings and much shouldn't be expected from them

Honestly, I wish more women would realise this.
Just selfish criminal minded beings.
The more women know this the less problems they would have with them.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by yeyeosoronga: 6:28am On Feb 11, 2020
PattyMike:

My brothers marriage is none of my business I would avoid intruding and if I was brought into the matter I would exclude myself even if he was my son. Make my brother dey die I will never put mouth in his marital problems. I'm just like that, sorry.

But you didn't exclude yourself in this matter concerning a stranger though, you still advised for better for worse in this case of a total stranger

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Rosarie(f): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Pavore9:

God "created you" that way and still commands you not to commit fornication nor adultery? He created you in His own image, to be the physical and spiritual head of your home and not to sleep around like a dog.
God will prosper all your days on earth
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by Abaspretty(f): 12:04am On Aug 04, 2020
pearlyboo:
Time they say heals all wounds. It's sad that this is coming from someone you trust so much . I suggest you visit a therapist, take some time off to cool your head. Be strong. I understand how u feel at the moment. I was in something similar 20 years ago . Today the rest is history. U will be fine, I assure you.
hi you're married now?
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by legionISproteus: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2020
Are you sure you didn't cheat on your husband? You women are the worst. You would even cheat and lie to yourselves that you did not.

Dominiondominio
Re: My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me by UDUJ(m): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2020
MANGAM:
Its the nature of men to cheat and sleep around. The only thing a man sees in every woman is sex. The man loves with is peniss and the woman with her heart. God created us this way.
It takes a lot of maturity and self control not to cheat as a man

Please speak for yourself and stop generalizing. Not all men cheat and it's not in the nature of a man to cheat and sleep around. I might fall into the category of those that cheat once in a while (maybe due to distance while on a business trip) but I can swear with my life all through the time my dad was alive he never cheated on my mum and same thing with my mum. And I have some colleagues as well (decent men) that don't cheat as well. So please stop generalizing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Man Discovered That His Father Is Not His Real Dad 36 Years After / Why I Dumped Farida Sobowale After ‘n100m Wedding’ – Estranged Husband, Odulaja / Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.