Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) (91151 Views)

Update On Tiv Bride Who Insisted On Marrying Her 'Cousin' In Benue / I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by nlPoster: 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2020
Farki:

Mom is Yoruba dad is partially Yoruba, non Yoruba last name.

These things are just my experience, I've seen it too many times. Ask most of those Yoruba guys that go after South East and South South girls they will tell you the same thing even Davido agrees grin.

My own personal issues are with Yoruba women, when black people start their gender wars its most likely due to insecurity.

If you're Nigerian, you'd know lineage is traced through the father unless there are different circumstances such as you were raised in your mother's culture and dont have much affiliation with your paternal ancestry.

So if your dad is Egun, shouldn't you know you're Egun, or what are the cultural norms there as per identity?

You keep mentioning Yoruba guys who are dating non Yoruba women, what has that got to do with me and why do you keep emphasizing it? Am I responsible for who Yoruba men date?

Am I supposed to be so jobless I should follow strangers around to check who they're dating? To whom would I offer this free service?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Keenmind2019(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
&
Amakavula:
announce to the world she settled but still open to her "spec"..

God knows if I don't want someone I don't pretend.
PRETENDER angry
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by nlPoster: 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Keenmind2019:
&
PRETENDER angry

Why did you not post your one syllable before now?
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by ashantitope: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
What is the difference between both of you?
She knows and realized all her mistake and cheat and she now a change person and she appreciates the person that change her story now you are here criticizing, and we don't know where you will need your own journey
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Brightgem(f): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Funkybabee:

Abi ooooo

Infacts some people reasoning a times wonder me
it's still the same reason ladies let the pressure get to them and end up with a goat.

It takes a lot not to give in to pressure.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Keenmind2019(m): 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
nlPoster:

Why did you not post your one syllable before now?
Because I just saw the thread now
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Farki: 10:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
nlPoster:

If you're Nigerian, you'd know lineage is traced through the father unless there are different circumstances such as you were raised in your mother's culture and dont have much affiliation with your paternal ancestry.

So if your dad is Egun, shouldn't you know you're Egun, or what are the cultural norms there as per identity?

You keep mentioning Yoruba guys who are dating non Yoruba women, what has that got to do with me and why do you keep emphasizing it? Am I responsible for who Yoruba men date?

I must have double posted, but I'll answer anyway.

I personally don't support 'lineage through the father only'. I thought marriage was the joining of two houses so you can't have one without the other. Although not everyone I met believes this, some think since the mother grew the child and spent most of the child's formative years together she claims it for herself.

Eguns have totally assimilated into Yoruba culture having lived here for hundreds of years, just that some people don't accept because of variation in names also because they think Yorubaland ends at Badagry.

Go to the border towns and aside from accents there isn't much difference from other parts of the country. If you don't believe me all those men in boats fishing on Lagos lagoon are eguns.

I thought you quoted me for my comment about Yoruba women .
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by nlPoster: 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Farki:

I personally don't support 'lineage through the father only'. I thought marriage was the joining of two houses so you can't have one without the other. Although not everyone I met believes this, some think since the mother grew the child and spent most of the child's formative years together she claims it for herself.

Eguns have totally assimilated into Yoruba culture having lived here for hundreds of years, just that some people don't accept because of variation in names also because they think Yorubaland ends at Badagry.

Go to the border towns and aside from accents there isn't much difference from other parts of the country. If you don't believe me all those men in boats fishing on Lagos lagoon are eguns.

Lineage is typically traced paternally in Nigeria. Exceptions are what I mentioned earlier. Individuals could adapt it to a different format if they prefer but in general, the child is descended from the father unless circumstances or personal decisions dictate otherwise.

Yes, I probably quoted you for your comment about Yoruba women but you've mentioned Yoruba men dating SE SS almost two or three times when responding, I can't be following strangers around to know who they're dating when it's not my business and I have other things to do with my time.

If I am paid to monitor their love lives however, that might be different because at least I'd be getting some financial incentive for pokenosing .

Eguns I believe speak Yoruba but are not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Joystark(f): 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
foshe36:

You are too smart.. Chop kiss.
I apologize quoting you cos plagiarism is a crime.

This isn't plagiarism na. grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Ogalanyaidi(m): 11:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
Knowing the wrong thing to say and still go ahead to say it. Could this be an appreciation or just a mockery of her good husband.

#Womanmatter no easy
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by 2buffagain(m): 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2020
Farki:

The thing with Nigerians when trying to resolve a matter is that we like to start from Z instead of starting from A.
The okada ban is a recent example.

Things can't just be stopped like that. You have to first resolve the root of why that thing exists to begin with.

The only way lineage won't be by man alone is for parents to stop the backward practice of selling their daughter i.e bride price/list. That is why the woman's lineage is treated as irrelevant in these calculations. She was sold.

In fact, until feminists really focus on fighting how marriages even happen in Naija, the concept of a Nigerian feminist is a joke. They are wasting their time until then.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by tpiar: 12:04am On Feb 11, 2020
Joystark:

This isn't plagiarism na. grin

I just wish you had not typed this after my post (nlposter).

You didn't see the person you quoted before I typed?
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 12:28am On Feb 11, 2020
ozodigboo:

Lol.
You guys believe any fake story.
A naija woman who got married can never admit this rubbish.
She will take her secrets to the grave

lol, I laugh at your ignorance . she was advised to take the tweet down she refused. as it is now, The man has left her because of this tweet.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 12:29am On Feb 11, 2020
she was advised to take the tweet down she refused. as it is now, The man has left her because of this tweet.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:49am On Feb 11, 2020
nlPoster:
Fvck boy as in?

What exactly is the meaning of this tweet or whatever because I dont get it.

It's like the call of the void...

Stupid people have an overwhelming urge to express their condition to the world.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Mercy2006(f): 6:22am On Feb 11, 2020
kingkakaone:

[b][/b]The truth is that most people comment based on what they heard [b][/b]instead of their personal encounters.
People have preferences but I don't understand why they would rubbish the choices of others.

Hmm, my sentiments exactly.
Bye and stay blessed
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Mercy2006(f): 6:30am On Feb 11, 2020
nlPoster:

[/b]You keep mentioning Yoruba guys who are dating non Yoruba women, what has that got to do with me and why do you keep emphasizing it? Am I responsible for who Yoruba men date? [b]

Am I supposed to be so jobless I should follow strangers around to check who they're dating? To whom would I offer this free service?
na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Egbesu1(m): 6:48am On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
announce to the world she settled but still open to her "spec"..

God knows if I don't want someone I don't pretend.
if I hear, sometimes you need to give a second chance babe
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Egbesu1(m): 6:50am On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
cos I'm their second Mom
hahahaha eagle eyez
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Doktajay5: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2020
masterflowx:

Walahi!
The man suppose to go and commit suicide ni.

The man must not see this tweet o
If na pesin wey grin eyes dey push grin he no go survive it.

Man wey Don send the shediot packing... Which man wan live with such shame.. The fool has lost the marriage cos of foolishness.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by masterflowx(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2020
Doktajay5:

Man wey Don send the shediot packing... Which man wan live with such shame.. The fool has lost the marriage cos of foolishness.

Are you for real...?
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Ojizy1(m): 7:36am On Feb 11, 2020
The current hubby is her plan B because plan A didn't workout.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Farki: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2020
nlPoster:

Lineage is typically traced paternally in Nigeria. Exceptions are what I mentioned earlier. Individuals could adapt it to a different format if they prefer but in general, the child is descended from the father unless circumstances or personal decisions dictate otherwise.

Yes, I probably quoted you for your comment about Yoruba women but you've mentioned Yoruba men dating SE SS almost two or three times when responding, I can't be following strangers around to know who they're dating when it's not my business and I have other things to do with my time.

If I am paid to monitor their love lives however, that might be different because at least I'd be getting some financial incentive for pokenosing .

Eguns I believe speak Yoruba but are not Yoruba.

See Nigerians see things as black and white too much, same thing with lineage and tribe. Eguns have been living and mixing among Yorubas for about 500 years now. Not just the language but their culture, chieftancy titles, food, music and wedding traditions are indistinguishable from most Yorubas.

How this relates to me is you tried to say I'm not Yoruba based on narrow metrics when I'm more Yoruba than not. But it's okay. kiss
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by tpiar: 7:54am On Feb 11, 2020
Farki:

See Nigerians see things as black and white too much, same thing with lineage and tribe. Eguns have been living and mixing among Yorubas for about 500 years now. Not just the language but their culture, chieftancy titles, food, music and wedding traditions are indistinguishable from most Yorubas.

How this relates to me is you tried to say I'm not Yoruba based on narrow metrics when I'm more Yoruba than not. But it's okay. kiss

What you are is not for me to determine, thanks.

It's an online forum, you can be whatever you want to be, dont get worked up.

I dont know you neither do I know where you are from, your claiming here has nothing to do with me. If you say you are Egun like the other poster and/or Yoruba, that is your prerogative.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by tpiar: 7:57am On Feb 11, 2020
Mercy2006:
Don't be surprised if the person you have been sparing with, so to speak, is actually igbo.
They are the ones who like to overemphasize on the bolded to make it look like the yoruba ladies are no longer desirable to their men.
They at times masquerade as non igbos to force this idea down our throats here.

I wondered why he kept emphasizing Yoruba men are dating SE SS, why is who they date my business?

And if Yoruba men dont like Yoruba women, that's also not my concern really. Everybody cant like everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Joystark(f): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2020
tpiar:

I just wish you had not typed this after my post (nlposter).

You didn't see the person you quoted before I typed?

I don't understand what you're saying bruv?
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by biggy26: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
cos I'm their second Mom
Hope you will support and not destroy their homes o, like some mum's and sister's do.
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by Funkybabee(f): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2020
Brightgem:
it's still the same reason ladies let the pressure get to them and end up with a goat.

It takes a lot not to give in to pressure.

Los, it's only if your faith is not stand ni o my sister.

If it's your time for victory, no man can so no my sister
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by tpiar: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2020
Funkybabee:

Los, it's only if your faith is not stand ni o my sister.

If it's your time for victory, no man can so no my sister

1 Like

Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by AstuteAyo(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2020
Olohun maje
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by CeterisXVII: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2020
masterflowx:
Walahi!
The man suppose to go and commit suicide ni.

The man must not see this tweet o
If na pesin wey grin eyes dey push grin he no go survive it.
nlPoster:
These (young) ladies of today, what are the odds that person is a nler?

It worries me that despite my postings here plus a few efforts by others, sense seems to just remain far away from the majority of users on this site.

You call someone you dated a fvck boy? Doesn't that show you're easy and with questionable standards? Or are you still infatuated with the person hence the insults?

In fact, the lady doesn't even look that young?
Why are you people complaining? Men have been doing this to women for several years.

They will date different girls at the same time. Even after proposing to one, they will still cheat on her, get caught and still continue the relationship, until they get married. So what else is new? shocked
Re: Lady Thanks Her Husband For Marrying Her (Photos) by masterflowx(m): 11:32am On Feb 11, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Why are you people complaining? Men have been doing this to women for several years. They will date different girls at the same time. Even after proposing to one, they will still cheat on her, get caught and still continue the relationship, until he gets married. So what is new?

I like your signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Pretty Banker Who Married A Danfo Driver: True Love Story / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.