Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup (8161 Views)

My Fiancé Is Having An Affair With A Married Woman. / Expect Her To Cry When You Bring Up A Prenup / How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
MarianaTrench:

Sign it or forget about the relationship!

So my own feelings as a lady are not important
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
Casalinda:

I smile reading this.. thanks for seeing things and understanding where I am coming from. Well I got some condition line up already but on the second hand I dnt want our love to be based on monetary gains... it even worst the mom is on his side and it got me asking if she knows his status Well I am in touch with female lawyer friends of mine and we working on something
He wants it to be based on monetary gains. That's on him, not you. he refuses to see that you love him. He now sees you as desperate. That's why he is misbehaving.

That you love him doesn't mean you will tolerate his bad behavior. Pls consider my proposal and factor it in.

Either that, or two of you tear your prenups

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
Casalinda:

So my own feelings as a lady are not important
Ignore her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
He wants it to be based on monetary gains. That's on him, not you. he refuses to see that you love him. He now sees you as desperate. That's why he is misbehaving.

That you love him doesn't mean you will tolerate his bad behavior. Pls consider my proposal and factor it in.

Either that, or two of you tear your prenups

Thanks. I will put that on the table.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nickisindigo(m): 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
I never wanted to login but seeing your post it makes me want to give my own thoughts please be at rest joor for a prenuptial agreement to be active it should be already allowed under the law and because it regarded as a norm in west he thinks it can be brought to Nigeria

but if you want to sign it then get your lawyers to sit down with his lawyers so that your own clause would be inserted into the agreement cause a prenuptial agreement is not a one sided agreement

generally as for me I don't think that kind of agreement holds ground under the law in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nickisindigo(m): 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
I never wanted to login but seeing your post it makes me want to give my own thoughts please be at rest joor for a prenuptial agreement to be active it should be already allowed under the law and because it regarded as a norm in west he thinks it can be brought to Nigeria

but if you want to sign it then get your lawyers to sit down with his lawyers so that your own clause would be inserted into the agreement cause a prenuptial agreement is not a one sided agreement

generally as for me I don't think that kind of agreement holds ground under the law in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
Casalinda:

What about me?? Nobody is talking about me and what I want as well
.. do you want his money

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 11, 2020
Hi, I agree with everyone telling you to obtain a lawyer. The reality is that all relationships do not last and he has to protect his investments. With all do respect, are you bringing anything to the table financially? If not, just make sure the prenup is fair. If you agree with the terms, then sign and live happily ever after. Funny that you bring this topic to the table because I think I would do the same if I married someone that's not bringing anything to the table but I don't live in Nigeria. The laws are extremely different here. He has to be fair and you need to have a rainy day fund. You should also do a stipulation that if you remain married for over 15 years, the prenup should be modified. Please use your money wisely and build with your husband . Don't just spend all of his money on materialistic items. Invest! Good luck with your union and everything will be ok. Remember, every responsible lady should have a rainy day fund. Calculate your bills for 6 months to a year and let that be your goal for savings. You will need plan B if this union doesn't work or if your husband should fall on hard times. I hope this advice is helpful.

quote author=Casalinda post=86537793]Hello guys, so you guys are already familiar with my story. Some of you are probably tired as to you all it might all seem as a joke.(well I am no joke here my stories are real and every detail and lines are no lies)

So I got proposed too, days back. I pen it down here and I received a lot of backlash, was called names and even call attention seeker. Well I dnt blame anyone as I would had felt same if I were to be the one reading. But this things I write here are my story in as much I might not get my write up and sentence correct. I’m only trying to tell you all that this is my reality and there are no jokes

Now after that has been said. I got proposed to by my positive partner after we had a quick breakup and settled. Now it happen he is asking me to sign a Prenup!! I have not taken out time to read what is inside. But I feel it is stupid for him to put me inside a box knowing I have given up so many things already.

I don’t want to sign any Prenup as it’s not in our tradition here in Africa. I have told him a thousand time that I am not with him because of his money but because I genuinely love him regardless.

Please what do I do at this point?? I am a little confuse has he is doubting my love I have for him. Now he feel I’m not in love with him and that I am playing or lying to him. [/quote]
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:10am On Feb 11, 2020
Even if you get a lawyer, will you tell them that the man has HIV? Of course you won't tell them, and so nobody really knows that you have taken a health risk by marrying this man. His mom and sibblings may not even know his status. So everyone will feel you are selfish for not signing the prenuptial aggrements. In your previous messages, you mentioned how this man is the ''very best you have ever met'' believe me, he is acting like the ''best of best'' because of his HIV status. He has a health challenge and needs to ''up'' his character towards the opposite sex.

Since his family, lawyers, etc do not know his health status, they will see you as greedy if you do not sign it. I cannot understand why he has brought this prenuptial aggrements at this time, does he want the marriage to be on hold again? He is not mentally ready for marriage. The first step to take is to read the document, thats if your story is true anyway.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Terryindeed: 4:54am On Feb 11, 2020
I wonder why nairalanders take you serious. Everything about you is base on lies. I know you very well. Lies ..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 11, 2020
Casalinda:
Hello guys, so you guys are already familiar with my story. Some of you are probably tired as to you all it might all seem as a joke.(well I am no joke here my stories are real and every detail and lines are no lies)

So I got proposed too, days back. I pen it down here and I received a lot of backlash, was called names and even call attention seeker. Well I dnt blame anyone as I would had felt same if I were to be the one reading. But this things I write here are my story in as much I might not get my write up and sentence correct. I’m only trying to tell you all that this is my reality and there are no jokes

Now after that has been said. I got proposed to by my positive partner after we had a quick breakup and settled. Now it happen he is asking me to sign a Prenup!! I have not taken out time to read what is inside. But I feel it is stupid for him to put me inside a box knowing I have given up so many things already.

I don’t want to sign any Prenup as it’s not in our tradition here in Africa. I have told him a thousand time that I am not with him because of his money but because I genuinely love him regardless.

Please what do I do at this point?? I am a little confuse has he is doubting my love I have for him. Now he feel I’m not in love with him and that I am playing or lying to him.

It is not our tradition to sign sign prenup...I can only laugh at your selfishness.

Let me also ask you

Is it the African man tradition to Mary One wife?
When it comes to what flavor your selfishness, you say it is not our tradition.

Truth is you really dont love him. He even need not to be afraid because you are traditionally not even entitled to his assets

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Skmoda360(m): 5:46am On Feb 11, 2020
budaatum:
So, I've read some of your threads and I do not agree that you "genuinely love him regardless".

How can you possibly "genuinely love him regardless" and be posting all you been posting asking those who don't know you nor "love him regardless" what you ought to do?

If you love him regardless you'd love him regardless and do what you want to do regardless of what Nairaland thinks you should do.

You know what your heart says you should do Casalinda so stop being Casandra and do it regardless!
Why "regardless" every thing like this now until regardless becomes your regardful.......everybody is now regardless ooooo......wetin I dey talk self regardless of everything I doubt if you love the guy casalinda....
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Powersurge: 6:27am On Feb 11, 2020
The way ladies skim guys ehh! If you love him as you claimed, then signing the prenup shouldn't be a problem. because you are not coming for the money. You are just coming for who he is. Right?

Person go see millionaire and say she loves him for who he is. Biko why didn't you love Bro Taju, the mechanic, the way he is?
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by SoftChordz: 6:44am On Feb 11, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. yeah .. that's what the prenup is for, if you do mean it, then sign it
Dont mind women and their mind games. she doesn't truly love him that's why its hard for her to sign it, she wants the leverage so that in the future she can cash in on it. I'm glad the guy is smart unlike many guys, u see how women act? shesnnow sayingnits him that doesn't love her and shitt. Casalinda u should sign the prenup if u have no plan to run with half of his shitt after divorce. I love him and dont care about his properties my assss. its 2020 bitchhess, sign it or forget the marriage. Men can't let u ruin them like u all have been doing.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Raalsalghul: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2020
yvelchstores:
Two scammers scamming each other. You thought it will be easy ba, no dear. Time to prove your "true love".
Why is this even a question, I thought your love can cross seven seas.
Aunty if you really use those jaruma products then you are a money pirate!
Good thing your target is as smart as u.

Chai, pity your fellow woman na. grin grin grin
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Raalsalghul: 6:50am On Feb 11, 2020
Powersurge:
The way ladies skim guys ehh! If you love him as you claimed, then signing the prenup shouldn't be a problem. because you are not coming for the money. You are just coming for who he is. Right?

Person go see millionaire and say she loves him for who he is. Biko why didn't you love Bro Taju, the mechanic, the way he is?

My happiness be say the guy smart. cool
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 11, 2020
the op has posted previous stories in the past. She found out that the guy is HIV positive, but despite our advice here on NL not to go ahead, She still wants to marry him. Now the man is feeling insecure because he's rich and thinks it's because of the money.
ngozi20:

Hi, I agree with everyone telling you to obtain a lawyer. The reality is that all relationships do not last and he has to protect his investments. With all do respect, are you bringing anything to the table financially? If not, just make sure the prenup is fair. If you agree with the terms, then sign and live happily ever after. Funny that you bring this topic to the table because I think I would do the same if I married someone that's not bringing anything to the table but I don't live in Nigeria. The laws are extremely different here. He has to be fair and you need to have a rainy day fund. You should also do a stipulation that if you remain married for over 15 years, the prenup should be modified. Please use your money wisely and build with your husband . Don't just spend all of his money on materialistic items. Invest! Good luck with your union and everything will be ok. Remember, every responsible lady should have a rainy day fund. Calculate your bills for 6 months to a year and let that be your goal for savings. You will need plan B if this union doesn't work or if your husband should fall on hard times. I hope this advice is helpful.

quote author=Casalinda post=86537793]Hello guys, so you guys are already familiar with my story. Some of you are probably tired as to you all it might all seem as a joke.(well I am no joke here my stories are real and every detail and lines are no lies)

Please what do I do at this point?? I am a little confuse has he is doubting my love I have for him. Now he feel I’m not in love with him and that I am playing or lying to him.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2020
SoftChordz:
Dont mind women and their mind games. she doesn't truly love him that's why its hard for her to sign it, she wants the leverage so that in the future she can cash in on it. I'm glad the guy is smart unlike many guys, u see how women act? shesnnow sayingnits him that doesn't love her and shitt. Casalinda u should sign the prenup if u have no plan to run with half of his shitt after divorce. I love him and dont care about his properties my assss. its 2020 bitchhess, sign it or forget the marriage. Men can't let u ruin them like u all have been doing.
Actually, that prenup is a sign of lack of trust. The man is lucky he found someone who is negative to marry him and he is fvcking up, big time.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 11, 2020
Powersurge:

She will sign the prenup, but she must add her clauses to it. The clauses will render his money useless.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 11, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Even if you get a lawyer, will you tell them that the man has HIV? Of course you won't tell them, and so nobody really knows that you have taken a health risk by marrying this man. His mom and sibblings may not even know his status. So everyone will feel you are selfish for not signing the prenuptial aggrements. In your previous messages, you mentioned how this man is the ''very best you have ever met'' believe me, he is acting like the ''best of best'' because of his HIV status. He has a health challenge and needs to ''up'' his character towards the opposite sex.

Since his family, lawyers, etc do not know his health status, they will see you as greedy if you do not sign it. I cannot understand why he has brought this prenuptial aggrements at this time, does he want the marriage to be on hold again? He is not mentally ready for marriage. The first step to take is to read the document, thats if your story is true anyway.
she better add her own clauses to the prenup that will make his money useless.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by SoftChordz: 7:15am On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Actually, that prenup is a sign of lack of trust. The man is lucky he found someone who is negative to marry him and he is fvcking up, big time.
Not really lack of trust but rather insurance dear, and she can she can get hers too win win.. everyone should go with their stuff if the ship capsize. No one cheating anyone. Prenuptial agreement is not bad.
He loves her its just an insurance, just like car insurance, house insurance and more. Protecting each other. It isn't an issue unless she has other ulterior motives for their future.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 11, 2020
SoftChordz:
Not really lack of trust but rather insurance dear, and she can she can get hers too win win.. everyone should go with their stuff if the ship capsize. No one cheating anyone. Prenuptial agreement is not bad.
He loves her its just an insurance, just like car insurance, house insurance and more. Protecting each other. It isn't an issue unless she has other ulterior motives for their future.
His insecure antics are killing that love real fast.

I pity her, truly. For the Future bullshit she's going to have to put up with in the marriage with her HIV positive manchild.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 11, 2020
Av been following ur thread since day 1.....my instinct tells me you are after his money.
but u can prove me wrong shaa.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Savagethe21st(m): 8:24am On Feb 11, 2020
Maybe u have been demanding much and which gives him suspicion.if u arent really into the money why marry and make him the provider.well over to ubunja...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvYYQ4snSg Hello guys i'm a 17 year old producer from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by yeyeosoronga: 8:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Read the prenup, and modify whatever needs to be modified.
Put clauses such as if there is a breakup because of cheating, domestic violence etc on his part, the prenup becomes invalid and you will get whatever. Unless of course he plans to do all these things to you. It will then be obvious he has no good plans for you
Secondly, get a goddamn family lawyer to read through the prenup and advice you. Stop trying to do the job you're not qualified for, otherwise you will be screwed.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2020
funmisticqueen2:

Your problem is you see things from one way, can you as a lady even settle 4 a temporary broke guy not to talk of a man with hiv.
if you are the guy sister, n you see a woman bent on marrying ur hiv + brother, will you be thinkin oh she loves him, asides calling her a gold digger will your reactions be fair to her.
The Op as every reason to be insecure, the guy trust issues here is normal, he is either doing it to chase the gurl or to be totally sure the gurl truly loves him, could be to convince other people who knows is status n don't believe the gurl is with him 4 love. every rich man must certainly reason that way, if he was broke n the gurl stayed nobody wil need a app, machine or prenup to calculate love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Prompto: 8:57am On Feb 11, 2020
So because he found someone to marry him cos he's HIV positive he should not be able to safeguard his asset ?
funmisticqueen2:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Prompto: 8:59am On Feb 11, 2020
So being HIV positive is now a crime ? Fear Nigerian woman O!
funmisticqueen2:
His insecure antics are killing that love real fast.
I pity her, truly. For the Future bullshit she's going to have to put up with in the marriage with her HIV positive manchild.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by vikithor(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2020
Na was oooh,
Too much sense is weariness to the soul.
Live by faith is surest,trusting God for the unknowns
Learn how to drive well,call or WhatsApp with nos below
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Teespice(f): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2020
Godoverevery:
my dear we are in a world were no one is sure of true love anymore..look around see how love birds Go from u d love of my life before marriage...fast forward years later....I wish I never met you...den divorce each other.
He is insured ... don't blame him is just d world we are in now were divorce favour the women more..... some men are scared and I think he feels u marrying him becos of wat he has.
imagine a lady is gonna divorce u and u must still pay her every month while she enjoy her life with another man.
just let him know u aiin't gonna sign that and if he insists walk away if u can't do it.

But please check yourself very well first...is there anything u doing or saying that is making him feel insecure with you..... cos sometimes we are the root of our problems but take solace in blaming others.

I hope what you said will still be the same thing if roles are reversed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Godoverevery: 9:36am On Feb 11, 2020
Teespice:

I hope what you said will still be the same thing if roles are reversed.
I regret even commenting in d first place...turn out d Op is kinda delusional.
Go check her new thread.
Re: My Fiancé Is Asking I Sign A Prenup by Teespice(f): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2020
Godoverevery:
I regret even commenting in d first....turn out d Op is kinda delusional. Go check her new thread.
link?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heartbroken: Jilted By My Girlfriend For An 'Ex-Boyfriend' / My Bf Is Too Stingy / Dating Tips For Ladies- Ways To Make A Guy Go Crazy Over You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.