Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever (69129 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / New Species Of Green Pit Viper Discovered In India, Named After Hogwarts Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
Daviddson:
It still doesn't change the fact that the earth is not millions of years old as some set of scientists would want us believe.
It has been existing more than million years ago? Infinity loop ?
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by harryjunior17(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
urahara:

Noahs story was obviously a myth. There are over 700 dinosaur species, meaning that oga Noah would have to have packed 1400 dinosaurs .

You sef reason am.
they roamed the earth before the creation of man.. there was a creation before the creation of man and animals.. dinosaurs.. where part of d first creation.. before.. dier world was destroyed by d almighty.. and den d earth was without form.. and den a new set of creation started..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by flamingREED(m): 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
Commentor:

Unlike religion that tries to assume it knows, science acknowledges it doesn't.

It depends on pragmatism and tests whilst religion is dogmatic and often unflinching.

Would religion accept for instance that a certain Noah couldn't have taken all creatures great and small in an ark ?

Religion is smarter.
Noah took in land animals.

Annelids, certain of insecta, Pisces, protists, monerans and so on can survive under crevices, or inside the soil, or in water.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
sissyevy:
[s]The earth is more than 4.5 million years old... maybe the modern human existed at about 6 thousand years ago. But then this does not contradict the Bible.
If u check well, God first made the earth, separated water from land before creating animals.. the first animals were marine then flying birds before land animals and humans last.. the pattern or sequence of creation correlates with the evolution trend in science.. the marine organisms are known to be very old.. that’s why many fish-like parts are seen as fossils.. and humans are the most sophisticated because we are d youngest in d evolutionary trend.
Yes God created everything in five days... but remember.. a day in the eyes of God is like a million years to man!!![/s]

Fact. The Earth is over 4.5 billion years old.
Fact. Homo Sapiens(human beings) are over 200,000 years old.

The story of creation is cock and bull story.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
LordReed:

Mention the science discoveries that confirm biblical history.
1.Science said it all started with a big bang (that is an explosion) which means light was the first thing that happened...guess what? The first creation was "let there be light"

2. The evolution theory said aquatic creatures first came into being..the first animals created in the Bible were aquatic creatures.

3. Then science said these aquatic creatures began to develop lungs and limbs to come upon the earth surface..the second creatures in the Bible were land dwelling creatures.

4. Now evolution says some of those land dwellers evolved and started to soar the sky..again the birds were the third creatures in the Bible.

5. Now science says that man came later after all these animals were already roaming the seas and earth..the Bible says man was created last!
Don't take my word for it, read the book of genesis for yourself and confirm.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Jainine:
I keep believing we could all go into extinction one day too. Who knows new life may begin after us
I believe we will go to extinction by dying. Dying I mean people that walked this Earth many years ago lived till 900years before they die, now people barely live till 70yrs. There will be a time people will wish to live for 20yrs and it won't be possible, this will occur till when man can't live pass puberty and the population begin to decrease drastically.

I think this is how man will go into extinction and the world will end. I'm not an atheist but just started questioning my faith.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Neoteny(m): 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
Daviddson:
It still doesn't change the fact that the earth is not millions of years old as some set of scientists would want us believe.

Of course it's not millions of years old

It's billions of years old
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by kapelvej: 7:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
Macsjebs:

I sometimes feel not all animals were recorded there coz sometimes I wonder if mosquitoes were created deliberately to be giving someone malaria back to back
grin grin grin back to back
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by kapelvej: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
RPirez:
If Dinosaurs truly roamed the earth some Million years ago... But, how come dem never discover any of dem fossils for 9ja?

Same with Aliens... na for dem westernized nations dem dey go... dem no dey ever come 9ja or Africa. Na wah sef… angry Make Aliens come abduct me, abeg.

9ja pple sef too dey scary. Devil sef dey fear dem. grin
our fore fathers used everything for pepper soup. Imagine what we do with rabbits and all sorts of animals all in the Male of pepper soup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by dazzlingd(m): 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Jainine:
I keep believing we could all go into extinction one day too. Who knows new life may begin after us

You are not far from the truth, several events have occurred billions of years on this earth, possibility of many species with civilisation and technology existing far before us...one day, we may go their paths, we either go into extinction for a new specie or evolve and leave earth for a new specie to explore other distant galaxies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Commentor:

Dinosaurs are not dragons.

There is no evidence that a fire breathing entity which also flies ever inhabited this planet.
smiley grin you erroneously think so! Before the word dinosaurs were coined in the 19th century those animals had a name! They were called great lizards or dragons in some culture..Hollywood has made you believe that a dragon must breathe fire, nothing could be further from the truth. The Bible called it leviathan in the book of job. It perfectly described your Hollywood type of dragon..scales, teeth, fear and enormous size..how did job know of animal he never saw? God was showing him the wonders of the earth, from the stars and sun to the winds and seasons..to the various animals in the field and in the wild..job agreed that he has observed all of them and testified to God's greatness..then God also mentions leviathan and job agreed to it's mightiness..which means Job also saw such beast.. Read job chapter 41. Don't just take my word for it..read.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by urahara(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
harryjunior17:
they roamed the earth before the creation of man.. there was a creation before the creation of man and animals.. dinosaurs.. where part of d first creation.. before.. dier world was destroyed by d almighty.. and den d earth was without form.. and den a new set of creation started..

That one na for your side , according to pastor e.a adeboyes Christianity , all what you wrote na bants
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by kapelvej: 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
sissyevy:
The earth is more than 4.5 million years old... maybe the modern human existed at about 6 thousand years ago. But then this does not contradict the Bible.
If u check well, God first made the earth, separated water from land before creating animals.. the first animals were marine then flying birds before land animals and humans last.. the pattern or sequence of creation correlates with the evolution trend in science.. the marine organisms are known to be very old.. that’s why many fish-like parts are seen as fossils.. and humans are the most sophisticated because we are d youngest in d evolutionary trend.
Yes God created everything in five days... but remember.. a day in the eyes of God is like a million years to man!!!
Excellent. Who still refuses to believe this explanation needs to see a psychiatrist

1 Like

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by BennyDGreat: 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
Macsjebs:

I sometimes feel not all animals were recorded there coz sometimes I wonder if mosquitoes were created deliberately to be giving someone malaria back to back

Hahaha
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by maasoap(m): 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
RPirez:
If Dinosaurs truly roamed the earth some Million years ago... But, how come dem never discover any of dem fossils for 9ja?

Adflex1:
Why haven’t they found one in Nigeria or Africa or our continent never existed 2.5 Million years ago lipsrsealed

Many factors. Are we seriously searching like those people? Another thing is that even if an uneducated farmer or educated person who doesn't care comes across this kind of thing, he would just move on without thinking about it twice.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by kapelvej: 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
FuckDaMods:
I keep wondering what the world will be like in the next 1 billion years. I wish i can live that long to see then. I'm so anxious.
One thing is sure, humans will still be around but with a lil bit of modifications in their physical appearance.
Be born again That is the only guarantee to ever lasting life
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by sesaan(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
Macsjebs:
Guys, we need to be open minded, do more reading and research...Things have been happening on earth millions of years back. shocked
You are right, I you do more research you will understand that science is the future no some ancient religion
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Okuda(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
budaatum:

Seriously? On this flat earth that is just about 4000 years old according to some?

Hear, people! Open your closed minds!

if i hear say earth be 4k years old. even before humans existed, there were being living here and im not talking dinosaurs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by BennyDGreat: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
Toks2008:

We were not informed how long it took before GOD created earth but we know it was a total of 6days.

A day in heaven is like 1000years on earth says the bible so let's say GOD CREATED the beasts on the 4th day "of creation" which could be several days(thousands of years earth calender ) after the 3rd day of creation.

Very deep I know.

I have never thought about the creation story this way. It's way deeper than our imagination.
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Kachi188(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
It is just wonderful..people made up shape, colour, size and noises these "animals" make...even without ever seeing one dinosaur alive. Just wonderful
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Okuda(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
harryjunior17:

did you read the invisible war?
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by LordReed(m): 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
flamingREED:

Haha.
I thought you would tell me why a soft tissue should be found in remains you claim existed in the mesozoic era (about 225 mya) would still contain a soft tissue.
Well, maybe all you know are the different types of isotope dating there are.

Don't Google it.
Type from your head.
Haha.

It is obvious you are just regurgitating information you heard in passing. Soft tissues in dinosaur remains has nothing to do with the accuracy of carbon dating. I guess the awe of the find is messing with your intuition, not to worry even the scientists were careful not to take it for granted too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by NiCurious: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Adflex1:
Why haven’t they found one in Nigeria or Africa or our continent never existed 2.5 Million years ago lipsrsealed
Goodness sake, just do a little research and learn about African fossil discoveries! Google for dinosaurs in Africa, fossil discoveries in Africa. Some very amazing discoveries have been made in Africa. Seek to inform yourself!
Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Animals like the Dinosaurs existed before God created man. There was a space of millions of years between the sixth day and the seventh day to allow vegetation to grow and prepare the earth for man.

The days being counted at creation are not day and night like we know it. The sun and moon that determines our day and night were created on the fourth day!

There were spaces of millions of years between these days.

The earth indeed biblically is billions of years old, but man is only but of thousands of years in existence.

Stop deceiving yourself and your likes

What you're saying is not backed by any book, you're just saying from your mind,
What's hard agreeing the Bible is full of outdated science?

The same Bible told us that the stars are just hanging on Earth's sky and would someday start falling to Earth.

In reality, the stars are in space, most of the stars with their systems are bigger than our Solar system.

The Bible failed to tell us that the Sun is just one of the uncountable stars in Space/Universe.

New stars are forming and the old ones are dying,
Our star(Sun) will die/explode in billions of years coming if all her fuel or converted fuel finish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by RPirez: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
morzook:
Google the term nigersaurus.

Just imagine dis comment grin grin grin

….and my wife dey wonder wetin I dey spend all my time dey do for Nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dem no fit kee me for here, I swear grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Farmer Discovers New Tyrannosaur Species, One Of The Oldest Kind Ever by RPirez: 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
maasoap:

Many factors. Are we seriously searching like those people? Another thing is that even if an uneducated farmer or educated person who doesn't care comes across this kind of thing, he would just move on without thinking about it twice.

I agree!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Goat In Yobe Gives Birth To 'Human-Like' Creature (Photos) / Dead Whale Found On Akwa Ibom Beach (Photos) / Strictly Discounted Prices On Solar & Power Inverter Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.