Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? (53257 Views)

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by loswhite(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
husband, wife and a kid...
so you start a family with husband wife and kid....lol. Please check Google for the meaning of start.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by loswhite(m): 10:50pm On Feb 18, 2020
charlesELIKIBA:

are you seriously asking this dumb question? will you use same budget in your dating years as bf and gf IN MARRIAGE?
so are you marrying a handicap or amputee?
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Roycemadeit(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
There's no particular amount of money that ever makes one ready. If you're in with the right person with just 300, 000 naira, marriage will be bliss. You people should stop attaching happiness to money. Money is only a means to an end. undecided

Sister You sure?
With this kinda recession? Marriage is not come and do and go o. You Gatta consider her immediate and extended families too aside from the babies cuz they might be triplet grin
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
pansophist:

Actually you should spend less in marriage. During university, me and my girlfriend lived together for about a year, and our joint expenses was cheaper than when we lived separately.

When I lived alone, I eat out alot due to lack of time to cook, our rent was double, and commuting to visit each other, with the time spent doing that all counts to something. Living together eliminated all these. She cooked, which is far affordable and less wastage compared to cooking alone, eat some and the rest get spoiled.

I'm not sure how people believe that their expense will skyrocket after marriage, unless we are talking about kids, then it's a different thing. As someone that has lived with his gf, I can tell you that its cheaper than living separately with individualised expense. I agree with MrBrownJay1.
You forgot to mention a partner who's understanding. How many of our girls today would be ready to share the bills with you? Their warped mindsets and mentalities are stereotyped that the man is sole responsible for the family's upkeep, while their money is just theirs.
I've lived with women and we share bills 50:50. I'm working and you're working. I can't be the sole provider. I spell out my terms. If you ain't in, take a walk! She brings the same amount I bring for monthly expenditures, and trust me, expenses were easier and lesser. And if I tell you how much we saved up per year in our individual accounts, you'll so be shocked.
All these noise about how much one should have before getting married is nauseating. Just look out for some good girl who's working. If she believes in your life's ideologies on spending and management, wife her. No go do pass yourself. Everything should be spelt out during dating and courtship. A girl has helped me save millions from the scratch. Two disciplined working heads are better than one.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Segeshow: 11:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
Blu03:
Exactly. I can't bear to raise my children in poverty.
I've experienced too much to let history repeat itself...

You are exactly the kind of girl any guy with sense will avoid. A girl so battered and traumatized by poverty, she now thinks because she has breasts and a hole she must bask in the lap of luxury, rather than grow with a guy that is ready to throw down and better himself. Youre a bleeped up individual in case you don't know.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by dreamchaser51(m): 11:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
Atleast 10 million naira

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by pansophist(m): 12:02am On Feb 19, 2020
Josephamstrong1:

You forgot to mention a partner who's understanding. How many of our girls today would be ready to share the bills with you? Their warped mindsets and mentalities are stereotyped that the man is sole responsible for the family's upkeep, while their money is just theirs.
I've lived with women and we share bills 50:50. I'm working and you're working. I can't be the sole provider. I spell out my terms. If you ain't in, take a walk! She brings the same amount I bring for monthly expenditures, and trust me, expenses were easier and lesser. And if I tell you how much we saved up per year in our individual accounts, you'll so be shocked.
All these noise about how much one should have before getting married is nauseating. Just look out for some good girl who's working. If she believes in your life's ideologies on spending and management, wife her. No go do pass yourself. Everything should be spelt out during dating and courtship. A girl has helped me save millions from the scratch. Two disciplined working heads are better than one.

You're right. Thanks for your input.

I acknowledge that not all girls have the mindset of frugally subsisting with their man, and it's sad. My GF have saved my ass countless times. From financial bailout, caregiving, legal representation and so so much more. It is difficult settling for less after experiencing true love from a woman.

Personally, my radar is very sensitive, any woman that displays any modicum of leech or parasitism, be it, friend or potential lover, I disappear like the speed of light. It is one thing to be a leech, but it is another thing for me to submit myself to be leeched upon.

My God save us from karashikas

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by bizhop01: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2020
At least 30 billion for account
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 12:34am On Feb 19, 2020
makydebbie:

Money is happiness and happiness is money.
You can't enjoy marriage without money, love doesn't feed us or pay the bills.
So that makes money very necessary.

Then you have to work hard too as a lady.

NO RESPONSIBLE MAN MARRIES AN IRRESPONSIBLE LADY.

Nothing is free.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 12:37am On Feb 19, 2020
Blu03:
let us be realistic tho, financial security is a very important factor. Money would influence the level of happiness in the relationship. Life is complex. That 300k wouldn't be enought to start up a family with at least three members.
The child's basic welfare, feeding, education, health care, etc. Apart from maturity, both physical and emotional, money is another solid foundation on which a decent marriage would built.
And should it even be the Man alone that must think about Money issue?

What is the lady bringing to the table moneywise too?

Nothing?

Then she is equally not ripe for marriage.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 12:40am On Feb 19, 2020
Blu03:
I'm very insecure. If i'm to get married and have kids, i would want them to have the best life has to offer. To have a safe future...
I must have a steady, well paying job. He must too.
I must have a good amount of money in the bank. Savings to lean back on (just in case). He must too.
I must have properties and other assets. He must too.

But this is for me.

For others, at least 3million in the bank. Plus a house and car.
Transportation and house rent can take alot out of one's salary...
You have a Manlike mentality which qualifies you as a PURE WIFE MATERIAL.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by OiOi: 12:44am On Feb 19, 2020
Omar09:

The presence of one eliminates the other.
you are too intelligent to be a female
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 12:46am On Feb 19, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

are you saying that... if two broke people are happily dating and loving each other's broke self, if they suddenly get married (while still being broke) their happiness will suddenly vanish, because of lack of funds?!?!?!!?

feeding yourself and paying bills has absolutely NOTHING to do with marriage, and all to do with LIFE. if someone cant feed themselves and/or pay their bills then they shouldnt try to date (let alone marry) anyone, and they should instead get their priorities straight AND sort their lives out . there are many people out there who are broke after feeding and/paying their bills, that certainly does not mean they cant date

sadly, we all know that many women out there indeed see dating/marriage as a poverty alleviation tool.

....because most of them are chronically BROKE WITHOUT ANY HOPE OF RESTORATION.

A RESPONSIBLE MAN SHOULD NEVER DATE A BROKE LADY LAILAI.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Bahddo(m): 12:49am On Feb 19, 2020
makydebbie:

Hey dear, I'm not like your mother.
I pay my own bills.
I've my shito business which is over a year now.
I wrote a book at 19 which is selling at so many book stores online and offline.
With all these, I work as a journalist in the biggest media house in my country.
I'm not your size so mind who you talk to.
I'm not your mother. Be guided.
shove your godforsaken identity up your humongous nose. Nobody cares who you are or who you are not.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 12:52am On Feb 19, 2020
Stable Source of Income is the KEY NOT JUST FOR THE GUY BUT ALSO FOR THE LADY.

As man, if you have the KEY, it would be irresponsible of you to try to use it to open the WRONG DOOR!!

Remember Semen alone does not make a child. So if any lady want to become a Wife, she must be FINANCIALLY STABLE.

IT IS A MUST.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by darediamond(m): 1:08am On Feb 19, 2020
optimus106:
See how 9ja girls are flooding this post because dem hear marriage.

They will na.

They know there worth but most have nothing to bring to the table!

Nothing!!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by spiritedtete: 3:09am On Feb 19, 2020
vickydevoka:

N wat if they sack u shortly after the wedding

Reason I qouted having 5m as savings... you will be able to go into a small scale venture.. that can still bring 150 monthly as your ROI( minimum of 75 to 100k) with 3m or 3.5m investment. If your are a discipline fellow.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by bummyla(m): 5:19am On Feb 19, 2020
N300K

https://www.bummyla.com

favoryte33:
Imagine stirring at your account balance & nodding your head saying to yourself, now I am ready for marriage.

How much do you think would give you that 'ginger' to propose to your girl? Abeg I no dey talk of "give girl belle & marry".
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 7:17am On Feb 19, 2020
darediamond:

Then you have to work hard too as a lady.

NO RESPONSIBLE MAN MARRIES AN IRRESPONSIBLE LADY.

Nothing is free.

So you, did I ask for some unsolicited opinion or what? GTF from my mention.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Ay04z(m): 8:10am On Feb 19, 2020
Just a nice 3 bedroom flat which I will soon finish . Steady source of income at least 3k to 10,000! Naira daily. Wife should have a job or valuable skill or a graduate too. Den the next tin is to pray for God direction. Very important. No go marry wrong person. Oo. Bekos. Una go scatter am in no time.
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Budline1(m): 8:51am On Feb 19, 2020
lucky4west:
i knew i was ready for marriage when one of my account had 1.4m way back and i have three other accounts couple with the fact that our estimate was not up to 2m...sharply like joke we started the prep and the rest is history.....but i must say since i got married and kids and all that...those account has stayed in the red region most times and even when they try to rise, rent,fees,car repair etc keep wiping off the green to leave the red light hahahahahahaha simply put i have never been as "comfortable" as i was before marriage....marriage is sweet because of kids, freedom frm guilt of sex etc but the bills is alarming!

That's why it's advisable to marry a wife having a job or good business, to ease the burden. Women should contribute and bring something to the table too.

If your wife ain't working, I think it's time she starts to work now.. This economy isn't smiling with anyone.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Budline1(m): 9:12am On Feb 19, 2020
Kemibabi:
coming from a single mother shocked
I'm shocked grin
Do you think you deserve a man with such networth?

Thank you o. grin. That's how they deceive themselves, coming from a girl that might not have a good job or 500k in her account. grin
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by proclinician: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2020
truthsayer009:

I think we should check your definition of the word "Millionaire" again. Is it when someone has more than 1 Million Naira, or more than 10 Million Naira or when someone posses 1 Million dollars in a Dollar Fx account.

If you have more than 1 Million Naira now, BROS go and marry, I can recommend UyaiIncomparabl for you. She is a nice girl & with just 300k u'll have a blissful marriage grin grin grin

You're a big joker
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2020
pansophist:

Actually you should spend less in marriage. During university, me and my girlfriend lived together for about a year, and our joint expenses was cheaper than when we lived separately.

When I lived alone, I eat out alot due to lack of time to cook, our rent was double, and commuting to visit each other, with the time spent doing that all counts to something. Living together eliminated all these. She cooked, which is far affordable and less wastage compared to cooking alone, eat some and the rest get spoiled.

I'm not sure how people believe that their expense will skyrocket after marriage, unless we are talking about kids, then it's a different thing. As someone that has lived with his gf, I can tell you that its cheaper than living separately with individualised expense. I agree with MrBrownJay1.

Your own case is abroad

Nigeria matter is different

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 10:10am On Feb 19, 2020
pansophist:

And the husband benefits she is enjoying, such as, but not limited to free gifts, ego boost, gladiatorial banging, living rent free, being her emotional tampon, a high social status, world travelling, etc ?

Since you're pro choice, you should wish us goodluck, instead of trying to be the captain of our ship, or even drinking panadol for our headache. We ain't complaining. And quite honesty, we both prefer it that way. If I'm in Nigeria, yes I'll marry her, but not in this man hating western culture. Never.

Well there are many many happy marriages even in that "man hating culture"

But it's like there is a conspiracy in the West (and globally) to undermine and destroy totally the family unit

Hence all these laws and the media pushing these agendas all in our faces

They have made inroads in Africa and the Middle East

Na one chance we dey for this 21st century
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 10:13am On Feb 19, 2020
franchasng:
Being married abroad is cheap!

Being married in Nigeria is not cheap!

In US for instance, at the end of the year, you get tax return which will take care of huge portion of your family bills.

In UK, it is free quality healthcare and free quality education, these two alone has made your marriage and raising kids very easy.

Can you say same for Nigeria NO!

In all western, Asian, European countries, food is the cheapest thing anybody can afford, so whether you are employed or unemployed abroad which is not possible unless you are intentionally lazy, you can still eat and feed your family with quality, healthy food without stress.

But in Nigeria, hunger can kill you if you don't have good source of income.

Don't marry if you are not financially prepared.

Don't marry an idle lady if you are a guy that's not very highly comfortable financially.

Don't marry an unemployed lady in 2020 and beyond, unless you want to die early as a man struggling to satisfy an insatiable woman.

Encourage your girlfriend or fiancé to get a Job or start a business or learn/start a good handwork while dating before you marry her. Don't marry financially unproductive lady!!

This message is for guys. Don't let anybody push you to marry unprepared because it's not as easy as they always preach or would you like to watch your wife and kids live broke life

It is not a must to marry, you can die single and happy!!

Interesting stuff
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
joepepsy:
Our system is solely on money money,what's is money? Live within your means and see the full essence of life,which is happiness.

Yiu have spoken well
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2020
djon78:

It's not just money money but money is still the highest priority.

A man should have something very good he is doing. Something very stable that brings in good pay.

I have seen people who were not prepared but now in misery in marriage. Plenty children and nothing to take care of them.

It's foolishness for a man without something very stable economically venturing into marriage.
It's suicidal simple

The question then becomes
What is a clear cut definition of "ready"
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by DexterousOne(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

commitment/exclusivity bawo?!?!?! so you mean to say that you are dating someone, you fall in love with someone, you decide you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, so you introduce that person to your family and friends, you then get engaged to that person .... and during all this time you are neither committed nor exclusive to one another?!?!?! i am sorry to say that, if that is the case, your marriage will indeed be doomed.

here is an important point: if your dating partner isnt exclusive nor committed to you, you should [b]NEVER EVER dream of marrying that animal[/b]

very true, thats because marriage aint easy... many people change in marriage, many people become lazy in marriage, many people lose track of caring for their partner in marriage.... many view marriage as the end of the line (aka they aint got to do shiit no more now that they GOT him/her)

again, if you just met a babe and you are just fukc buddies its one thing, but if you are dating someone SERIOUSLY then all the above need to be done... as for cohabiting, what you did at home alone, is what you will do at home with your wife...no changes whatsoever. the only difference is that now you will spend less money on food/rent etc

the above you wrote is the reason why so many marriages fail miserably... the state of mind is exactly the same if you are dating someone seriously (not being a loose LovePeddler/dog) or married to someone. now, i understand that the rules of dating in Nigeria are a bit crooked... a babe can be dating the "supposed" man of her life and still fukc around multiple dudes (to keep her option open), while a dude can be engaged and have multiple mistresses no biggie....but thats not the real world, thats the deranged mentality that have these people look at marriage as a do or die mission instead of wanting to spend the rest of their natural life with someone because of love/passion etc.. many out there are damaged and should never even remotely think of getting married, but many would gladly marry them out of social/religious/family/peer PRESSURE

marriage aint easy simply because PEOPLE CHANGE.... while you shouldnt. if you could date someone for years without issues, and as soon as you sign a contract to be together forever, the union is strained then i am sorry to say that the problem isnt "marriage", the problem is YOU who automatically believe that now that you are married, you need to become someone you were not.

MONEY plays a vital role in LIFE as you certainly need to be able to feed/house/clothe yourself 1st before you remotely think of dating anyone... but again, this is the important part: if you dated someone, spend time with that person, loved them, then decided to propose to her and get engaged ALL WHILE BEING BROKE, then you certainly can marry her while being broke too.

during your dating years you BOTH paid your bills, BOTH bought food, BOTH took care of yourselves etc... so. while married you will now join your funds and do exactly the same thing... no big deal. the stoopidity here is deluded brainless donkeys who thinks that they "should" have children as soon as they get married to someone, even though they cant AFFORD it

yes you are right...but the problem here is that you guys believe that because 2 people are married, they MUST have kids... HELL NO! as 2 smart adult, you should do whats best for the union, and if you aint got money to have kids today then you wait until you are ready. thats why so manykids/families are failing in Africa....bunch of useless people who have no means to physically/emotionally/financially raise kids properly, yet will have countless children..... that would be as stoopid as a man only having money for a Pento, but instead buys a BENZ (to flaunt to everybody else) but sadly he now has no more money for taxes/insurance/gas/maintenance etc.

everyone/anyone can get married but not everybody should have kids... getting married is FREE and EASY (just sign on the dotted line) while having kids is emotionally/physically/financially EXPENSIVE and unless you have the means to have kids, you certainly shouldnt have any. sadly many see having kids as a lottery for their old age..

Many valid points you got there
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by vickydevoka(m): 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
spiritedtete:

Reason I qouted having 5m as savings... you will be able to go into a small scale venture.. that can still bring 150 monthly as your ROI( minimum of 75 to 100k) with 3m or 3.5m investment. If your are a discipline fellow.

Kk dats so thought of u. I tut it's for the wedding. If I don't have up to 5 millionaire b4 marriage I will look for a northern Christian gal n marry. Besides I lyk most of them. I cannot come n kill my self
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by Slimsly100(f): 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CHILDREN WON'T EAT CONDOMS.

Neither will they wear them nor used them to pay hospital bills and school fees cheesy
Re: How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? by jk1e(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
makydebbie:

Did I post anywhere that men should provide?
Please don't be stupid.
I have seen your type,I won't drag myself into the mud with you in argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Marries Her Dubai-based Fiancé Ably Represented By Throw Pillows / Bridesmaids Cry For The Groom And Bride On Their Wedding Day (Photos) / Wedding Photo Of A Couple Kissing As Boy Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.