Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (44966 Views)

Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? / Man Disfigured A Lady's Car For Rejecting His Advances / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal After Six Years Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by TheRedpillguy: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Is that so? Well, I don't care smiley
I guess that's why u are woman.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
Evening newspaper is a very derogatory word. They're some words that we as humans shouldn't use on our fellow humans.
I'm very positive that if u had sisters whom u truly n deeply respect, u won't use that language for any woman again.
dilodavid:
You aren't on the verge of becoming an evening newspaper yet. Otherwise, you will be singing man na man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by emonis88: 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Loooooool. I'm a somewhat attractive girl, but never in my life have I relied on my appearance for anything. I'm not that shallow. I don't know what Juliet is like in person, but does she possess even half of the qualities that I have? grin
Look, I know my worth. People don't usually like me because I'm easy on the eye. I have my flaws, but I'm a good person, so it'll be their loss, really.
Like someone asked bf, is there a platform like Nairaland in South Africa? N like someone else said, that it looks like u like Nigerians, so I il also say, come on down to Nigeria n get hooked up. Lol!
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by emonis88: 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
MissGodOwn:
Evening newspaper is a very derogatory word. They're some words that we as humans shouldn't use on our fellow humans.
I'm very positive that if u had sisters whom u truly n deeply respect, u won't use that language for any woman again.
O ga o! Babe no take am personal na.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by emonis88: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

No, that's why we're all here.
Wow! Small wonder u like Nigerians. Come 9ja then come look around. Make one 9ja guy treat u.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
emonis88:

Like someone asked bf, is there a platform like Nairaland in South Africa? N like someone else said, that it looks like u like Nigerians, so I il also say, come on down to Nigeria n get hooked up. Lol!

No, there isn't. I like everyone. There're Kenyans & Ghanaians on this forum, I'm on good terms with them as well. It doesn't mean I fancy them though lol.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
emonis88:

Wow! Small wonder u like Nigerians. Come 9ja then come look around. Make one 9ja guy treat u.

I'll pass smiley
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

No, thanks smiley

Well. It sure looks like youre gonna get maarried to a nigerian, i'm guessing. Dont blame. Just post youre rpe wedding shots should you do so. If you get married to one of my brothers, ill take a bank loan to get a goat. I owe you a wedding gift, goat for that special occassion grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
MissGodOwn:

I wonder who invented the term evening word. Words on the street is suggesting aome have advanced it to yesterdays papers tongue
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

Well. It sure looks like youre gonna get maarried to a nigerian, i'm guessing. Dont blame. Just post youre rpe wedding shots should you do so. If you get married to one of my brothers, ill take a bank loan to get a goat. I owe you a wedding gift, goat for that special occassion grin

Lol, that's sweet of you future brother-in-law grin
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Lol, that's sweet of you future brother-in-law grin

wink

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
And what angers me the most is that most men who use that language have more body count than a roadside prostitute.
healthserve:

I wonder who invented the term evening word. Words on the street is suggesting aome have advanced it to yesterdays papers tongue
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
MissGodOwn:
And what angers me the most is that most men who use that language have more body count than a roadside prostitute.

My dear lets all take life as we all see it. There are blames on both sides. Na bad woman spoil good one o
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
U are right.
healthserve:

My dear lets all take life as we all see it. There are blames on both sides. Na bad woman spoil good one o
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by missrosey: 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
God did not approve of it. He say no be them...

He said to me " I will not have you marry like others, I will give you a man after my heart." When ' the man' showed up, I had my reservations, but I knew he was the 'chosen one'. We have a son now and I am mighty glad I married Him.�
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Lol @ bolded. No comment.

Hmmmm...I don't know what her deal is. I'm definitely not like that, but I also don't like someone that wants sex constantly either lol. It's annoying. It could be that you're misreading her actions. Maybe she's touching you to feel closer to you or whatever, but doesn't necessarily mean she wants sex. I can sort of relate to that, but maybe for different reasons. When I really like someone, I want to gum them too, just not all the time though lol. It's my way of reassuring them that I still find them attractive etc because I know can be a little distant sometimes. Does she have moments when she seems a bit cold & aloof towards you? Giving off a hot & cold vibe?[b] Well, for people who have a hard time forming emotional attachments, [/b]when they do, it's real. It can be overwhelming. So cooling off time is needed every now & then. If you really like her, be patient with her & do what you've been doing, taking the lead. It sounds like you've already established a relationship & an emotional something, so it's not going to be as offputting when you "break her rules". She may even grow to like it.

N you say you guys aint similar, in r/ship sex should be constant, that sumtin is constant doesnt denote excessive or do it .. its your libido that makes it annoying.
yeah ! she swing mood buh even wen she is acting cold, the moment she notice am drifting away she wil come around til she is sure she as my attention. i wil take ur advice, keep breaking her rules, buh the day she breaks my head am cummin to SA to arrest you.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Respect55(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
I don't want to enter this thread cause I know some people will cross-check what I'll say here judging by how I respond to similar threads concerning the opposite gender. But sleep never spoil eye. cheesy wink

Rejecting suitors for me isn't much of a luxury. I've only rejected one guy due to lack of attraction. (He had money but he just wasn't my specs. Such is life). Like I said, Rejection isn't common since the suitors are not flowing. I believe this may be my fault for not being a 'social butterfly'

"If you dey house 247, how husband go come see you?". Yeah.

To answer the question, attraction does it for me. If I'm attracted, the man is one step closer. I don't care about your wealth, but I care that you have something tangible doing, something that will hold belly no matter how Nigeria be.

After attraction comes personality: Humour, intellectual, smart dressing, dignity (self worth) and most importantly, dictum and decorum. (I detest pidgin in everyday speaking. Joke with it, yes, but switch back to proper language after. Bonus: native language puts me at ease) If he exhibits discipline especially in the sexual aspect, he's good to go.

Even me know say if I reject this guy, I don cast cheesy grin

Ps: the above information is for future hubby only. You should not apply if you do not meet the requirements.
U sound like a teen
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Respect55(m): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
Girls normally think guys don't have specs too. You will see a girl who can't ever replace her broken phone screen dishing out specs she want in a man. Lol, it doesn't go that way. Some grown-up girls that still wear rubber sandals looking for men who have exotic cars as suitors. No intent at all to upgrade herself but hoping manna falls from heaven.
If u must meet class, be classy too. Personally I csnt marry a girl whose only contribution is to bear children and house chores.
They don't even do house chores again. They will be like, "I cook, I wash, I clean the house..." and so on. Laughable. So you expect a man to hustle and being money, clothes and food stuffs home and also cook and do other house chores? Children of nowadays. They will never learn.
Some will even get married and use their hands to ruin their marriage by still keeping tabs with their single friends. Seeking solace and advise from them. How do u expect a sinvke lady to give meaningful marital advice to you?
They aren't even happy that u are married and they are still single. As such, they try to talk you out and abandon you.
In sum, NO FEMINIST IS HAPPY.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
youwanbanme:

N you say you guys aint similar, in r/ship sex should be constant, that sumtin is constant doesnt denote excessive or do it .. its your libido that makes it annoying.
yeah ! she swing mood buh even wen she is acting cold, the moment she notice am drifting away she wil come around til she is sure she as my attention. i wil take ur advice, keep breaking her rules, buh the day she breaks my head am cummin to SA to arrest you.

Sounds like she's into you, not sure what her hangups are though.
I'm not frigid but I don't want a sex pest. I don't think there's anything wrong with my libido either lol. Moderation is key. Sometimes I prefer non-sexual intimacy in the form of talking & holding hands grin
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by lookingfly: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:

I am the owner... To me, attraction matters. Y'all stop making marriage look like it is the ultimate.. Being single is not a curse..
I hope you don born pikin?
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Olatara(f): 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
stanliwise:
Until you meet the players. wink.
We know your type.

Slow and steady and end up in your friend Zone abi??
Hard and broke, una go tear race.
But come rich(sweet mouth) and hard, una go start to shine teeth, Logic will go out the window.
Hahahahaha!
Nairaland and bitterly rejected men.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
Austineva:
and u have turn to be d Nairaland monitoring spirit? That's what joblessness can cause. My clamouring is never ur business. Don't u think it will be better and wiser for u to walk up to her and tell her u want her to be ur friend than making mess of urself here. U have totally made urself look like a fool by trying to label someone of what he is not. Its a symbol of joblessness and arrogance. Take note
.. my bad then . sorry
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Sounds like she's into you, not sure what her hangups are though.
I'm not frigid but I don't want a sex pest. I don't think there's anything wrong with my libido either lol. Moderation is key. Sometimes I prefer non-sexual intimacy in the form of talking & holding hands grin

At these point can somebody please show xhosa the harvard definition of low sex libido ... do you know holding hands started in church by prayer warriors, pastors do ask us to hold our neighbor hands, buh on a serious note i think you both share a lot in c'mon cos she is alway calm wen i cuddle her to talk, buh wen i start infitrating some zones grin her muscle rises n she start look 4 amunition to break my head ..lol. rmember men are not talkers we xpress n talk in sexual mode ; D konji go just kill person

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:

This is where my faith would come in.. As a christian I will pray... You know we can never know whom is genuine, may God always save us from deceivers, pathetic liars....
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
MissGodOwn:
I am sorry about my choice of words. I didn't mean to downgrade you in anyway. If I had known that word wasn't going to go down well with you, I wouldn't have used it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2020
dilodavid:
I am sorry about my choice of words. I didn't mean to downgrade you in anyway. If I had known that word wasn't going to go down well with you, I wouldn't have used it.
Ok, thank u for your very mature response. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 3:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
youwanbanme:

At these point can somebody please show xhosa the harvard definition of low sex libido ... do you know holding hands started in church by prayer warriors, pastors do ask us to hold our neighbor hands, buh on a serious note i think you both share a lot in c'mon cos she is alway calm wen i cuddle her to talk, buh wen i start infitrating some zones grin her muscle rises n she start look 4 amunition to break my head ..lol. rmember men are not talkers we xpress n talk in sexual mode ; D konji go just kill person

What do you mean by low libido? Because I honestly don't think mine is low, especially when I'm attracted to someone. Your GF is too much lol. I'm beginning to take offence that you seem to believe we have a lot in common grin I have a sexual side, she doesn't seem to have any. Does she even enjoy it? Maybe she has a secret, sexual related trauma or is self-conscious. You should dig deeper.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
missrosey:
God did not approve of it. He say no be them...

He said to me " I will not have you marry like others, I will give you a man after my heart." When ' the man' showed up, I had my reservations, but I knew he was the 'chosen one'. We have a son now and I am mighty glad I married Him.�

Oshe. Unfortunately sex chooses spouses for people lately. After they return to their senses in the middle of the journey, we start to hear stories that touch. The right person will bring peace from the start, thru the middle even in the midst of storms in the journey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Bamz(m): 4:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
slimsophiediva:
I reject guys because they have nothing to offer
Except to break your heart and make you loose yourself in process

cheesy You've not met the right person. There's a stagerring 8 billion people in the world and about half of them are males. They can't all be scum. wink
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Liposure: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:

Being single should never pass for a "curse"... I beg to differ from your point...

P.S I am an adult, not very young ... Still in my prime..�
go girl. do whateva works 4 u. Dont let anybody disturb u

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Lamanii22(f): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
churchee:

Neither is it a blessing.

It is a blessing... You get to live your life...
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

What do you mean by low libido? Because I honestly don't think mine is low, especially when I'm attracted to someone. Your GF is too much lol. I'm beginning to take offence that you seem to believe we have a lot in common grin I have a sexual side, she doesn't seem to have any. Does she even enjoy it? Maybe she has a secret, sexual related trauma or is self-conscious. You should dig deeper.

grin grin she easily take offence tew grin infact if not that i know she is not on NL i would suspected maybe she is the one behind d moniker.
digging deeper might refresh a wound incase there is, am not gud @ healing & treatment i think i shuld just stick to " breaking every rule she makes " and also ensure there is no amunitions around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Asking For 549K Cause She Got Hnd Admission. / How To Know If Your Boyfriend will Become Rich One Day — If Not... / My Sexcapades In University And How It’s Almost End My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.